CHAPTER 12: LOVE’S WAY

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

Well, it's onho's turn to have a couple fight ....

So tell me about this first love of yours".
"Minho, can't you just forget about it? It was in the past", Jinki groaned.
But Minho was stubborn and he usually got his way.
"I just wanna know", he pouted cutely and Jinki sighed, giving in.
"Well, it happened in my freshman year in high school and he was two years older. He's half korean and had naturally blond, curly hair. He was in popular crowd and was quite the player. I didn't really have much of an interest in him. I mean; he was very attractive but I was a regular guy. We first met when a few kids were bullying me. It was in the boys' washroom and there was a bit of rough housing. He happened to walk in and defended me. We got closer after that and I met Jonghyun through him. But after six months, we drifted apart and decided that we weren't into each other", Jinki explained.
"That's it? You just decided? There's more, isn't there?" Minho demanded.
Jinki groaned, "Okay, I decided that I didn't love him in a romantic way. And he confessed that he wasn't attracted to me romantically. Apparently, he was attracted to me more physically. But in the end, we ended on good terms".
"But he calls you Jinx!" Minho pouted.
"It's just a pet name Minho", Jinki chuckled at Minho's cute little jealous flare.
After a long silence, Minho said, "I want to meet him".
"I don't think that's a great idea", Jinki declined.
"Why?"
"Do you think Kibum and Jonghyun made up?" Jinki asked instead but before Minho could share his opinion, Jinki's phone wrang.
"Hey Taeminnie".
"Don't 'Hey Taeminnie' me!" the boy yelled making Minho raise a brow.
"What's wrong?" Jinki asked.
"That stupid mutt is in here and he refuses to leave!!"
"What stupid mutt?" Jinki demanded confused.
"Jinx!" a smooth, familiar, velvety voice said on the the phone, "Where are you? I'm waiting!"
"Zorro?!" Jinki exclaimed, catching Minho's attention, "What are you doing there?"
"Waiting for you! Hurry home!" Zorro snickered into the phone before hanging up.
Jinki groaned, "How does that guy have my address?" even though it was quite obvious Jonghyun told him.
"This guy is at your apartment?" Minho demanded.
"Seems so".
"I'm coming as well", Minho said firmly.
"Minho, I don't this is a great idea", Jinki repeated, knowing that Minho wasn't going to budge from his decision.
"I promise I'll behave!" Minho said, grabbing a coat.
'I'm not worried about your behaviour; in more concerned about Zorro's', Jinki thought in his head.
....
The moment Jinki and Minho entered the apartment, the sound of running feet were heard and a tall attractive blond male stood before then, smiling widely.
"Jinx!" he exclaimed.
Jinki smiled softly, "Hey hyung, what's with your sudden visit."
"I missed you so much and my heart couldn't take it", the male joked as he hugged Jinki, "And how many times did I tell you to stop calling me hyung!"
His hand lingered for a second longer and ran a down Jinki's back before separating, "Jinki-ah! You lost too much weight! Where are those adorable cheeks I fell in love with?" Zorro flirted.
 Minho coughed awkwardly and the blond's eyes fell on him.
"Oh, who's this Jinx?", he asked curiously.
"I'm Jinki hyung's boyfriend", Minho answered in a deep voice. Noticing Jinki's silence, Zorro decided the boy wasn't lying.
When they had sat down in the living room, Zorro said, "I didn't know you liked the younger type".
Jinki blushed, "Minho is kind and we love each other".
"That's nice, I'm happy for you Jinx", Zorro said good-naturally.
"So have you guys ******?"
Minho's eyes popped out at Zorro's bluntness.
"Have you two ******?"
"I heard you; I was just surprised", Minho glared, "And yes, we have".
"Really now? How was it?" Zorro asked.
"Yah! Why are you asking weird questions?!" Jinki demanded in irritation.
Zorro chuckled, "I was messing with you, kid".
But Minho just frowned.
"Aigoo you're so serious", Zorro pouted as he comfortably said on the couch with his legs spread, "Ah! I'm hungry. Jinx, make me a sandwich!"
Minho grit his teeth; did this foreigner have no manners? The way he kept ordering Jinki around annoyed Minho but he didn't say anything.
Jinki got up to warm up some food.
"So you're a werewolf?" Minho asked.
Zorro looked quite surprised, "Don't tell me Jinki told you".
"Nah, my brother is a hybrid and his boyfriend is a werewolf", Minho shrugged.
"Really? Who's the wolf?" Zorro asked, intrigued.
"Jonghyun".
"Ah! You're Kibum's half brother!!" Zorro exclaimed grinning, "Why didn't you say so?"
"You know Kibum?"
"On the contrary, we the best of friends!" Zorro smiled, "Why didn't he come with you two?"
"Oh, him and Jonghyun had something to fix", Minho said.
Zorro frowned, "Why? Did they fight? They were fine yesterday".
"Yeah, Kibum was really upset this morning because Jonghyun had some weird tantrum", Minho explained.
"Seriously? I need to kick some sense into that spoiled brat", Zorro said shaking his head. Afterwards, they went to the table for lunch.
"So when are you leaving?" Jinki asked.
"Jinx!!! Why are you cold?" Zorro whined as he clung to Jinki's waist as the shorter boy cleaned the dishes.
Minho had just left from the washroom and spotted Zorro too close to his boyfriend.
He moved Zorro away, "You're too close".
Zorro chuckled at the boy, "Aish! This kid has never heard of sharing".
After a few minutes, he grabbed his coat and said farewell... But not before stealing a kiss on Jinki's cheek.
Before anyone could react, he disappeared down the corridor.
"That !" Minho swore, "I'll kill that bastard next time!"
Jinki felt emotionally drained as he returned back inside, collapsing on the couch. However, he wasn't sparred for a minute. Minho locked the door and followed Jinki inside, pouncing on the elder.
Jinki had no time to register anything when a pair of lips landed on his.
The two boys kissed passionately until they were out of breath. The kiss was rough and hard which was something Jinki c
"Yah", Jinki said, "Warn me before doing that!"
"I don't see you complaining Jinx", Minho smirked.
Jinki frowned as he looked at Minho. The boy had a triumphant expression.
"Seriously Minho? You're jealous? Don't you have any faith in me?" Jinki demanded.
"Why are you getting angry? I didn't see you protesting against his advances", Minho said indignantly.
"What is that supposed to mean?! How many times do I tell you that we're just friends?!" Jinki cried, his voice edging irritation.
"Oh? Do friends kiss cheeks? Do friends have nicknames?" Minho asked.
"This is why you two meeting was a bad idea! Minho, I told him in front of you that you're my boyfriend. I don't know what else you want from me!" Jinki exclaimed in frustration.
"What I want? Sure, stop seeing that guy", Minho spat.
"We've been friends for years! I would never make you break off friendship for my sake!" Jinki protested.
"Yeah, because I wouldn't be flirting in broad daylight, in front of you", Minho snapped.
"First of all, it's dark out and second, I was not flirting. That's Zorro's character. He's like that with everyone! Ask Kibum! Jonghyun doesn't get too bothered by it!" Jinki snorted.
"Quit it with the smartass comments Jinki", Minho rolled his eyes, "Well I'm not Jonghyun, you should've noticed that when we started dating."
Ignoring Jinki's quietness, the angered teen went on, "By the looks of it, you seem to have quite a history with your friends. Tell me, was there something with Jonghyun as well? Are we going to become friends too?!"
Jinki was horrified at his boyfriend's words. How could he accuse him of such things?He's never cheated so why was Minho speaking to his like this?
The older boy swallowed as tears pricked his eyes. He took a deep breath, "It's late, Minho. Just go home".
"Oh sure, kick me out too", Minho muttered as he grabbed his coat, put on his shoes and slammed the door.
Poor Jinki finally released his tears. Why was Minho acting so immature about this? He should've known better than to let him meet Zorro in the first hand.
The next morning, Kibum decided to sleep in since he had no border duty. However he still had to wake up for school.
At lunch, when Taemin and Kibum were eating, they didn't have much to talk about.
"Where's Naeun?" Kibum asked.
"She has Key club or something", Taemin shrugged, "Where's Minho hyung?"
"Soccer or something".
"Hey is Minho hyung acting strange?" Taemin asked.
"Not that I know of, why?" Kibum asked.
"When I came home last night, Jinki hyung was crying and he didn't sleep all night. He wouldn't tell me why he was upset though", Taemin said.
Kibum frowned; Jinki wasn't the type to cry easily so this must be a huge deal.
"Is he alright?" Kibum asked concerned, "Should I come over with some chicken?"
"He went to school today even though his eyes were red and puffy. But he didn't have anything all morning. I'll ask him in the afternoon and text you", Taemin agreed.
Kibum had a packed schedule so he'd forgotten about Jinki. When he was at home, doing his science homework, his phone blinked.
It was a message from Taemin saying that Jinki hyung didn't want chicken or anyone coming over. This was news since the elder never refused chicken, even if he was sick.
Something was definitely wrong.
Kibum closed his books and kicked Minho's door, "Yah! Choi Minho! Open this door right now!"
Thirty seconds lasted, the door opened slightly and Minho's face stuck out, looking down at Kibum. "Ah Kibum, nice to see you this fine afternoon", he said dryly.
"Move over, I'm coming inside!" Kibum said shoving the door open and walking inside.
"Please come in and make yourself at home", Minho added sarcastically.
"We need to talk, something's up with Jinki hyung", Kibum said, getting straight to the point.
Minho was silent and Kibum continued.
"Taemin told me he's really upset. And we both know it takes a lot to make him cry; he usually conceals his feelings", the boy said, "Do you know why Jinki is acting like this?"
"You really need to mind your own business", Minho glared.
"And I know how cold you are when you want to be", Kibum added, "What did you do?"
"It's our problem, why are you interfering?" Minho demanded stubbornly.
Kibum grit his teeth, "It is my business when hyung is crying his eyes out, is sleep deprived, and not eating right because of MY idiot of a brother".
Minho's frown deepened. Jinki was crying? His guilt deepened.
"Kibum leave me alone, I need to think", Minho said.
The older boy obeyed, "You better fix this Choi Minho".
...
Meanwhile, Jonghyun gathered his pride and went to find Zorro.
"Hey hyung, I need your help", Jonghyun said.
Zorro raised his brow, "with?"
"My tantrums".
Zorro smirked, "Well well well. That's interesting. Why all of a sudden? You exploded on Kibum?"
Jonghyun's eyes widened, "How do you know?"
"I know everything".
"Ugh shut up with your ego and help me", Jonghyun said.
"Yah, you should be nicer to me!" Zorro scowled, "Kibum should be here for this".
"Why?"
"Because it'll help with self control. Stop asking questions", Zorro muttered.
Almost right on cue, Jonghyun's phone rang.
"Hello? Hey Kibum, I was just about to call you... Oh really? Jinki hyung and Minho? Since last night? No I don't but I'll try to find out; I have a hunch. By the way can you come over? Kay see you."
Jonghyun hung up and gave Zorro a look, "Were you at Jinki hyung's apartment last night?"
"Why?" Zorro asked, now interested.
"He's been terrible ever since, did you do anything? Was Minho there?" Jonghyun demanded, firing question after question. He was really protective over Jinki because he knew the elder's heart was very vulnerable.
"They were fine when I left", Zorro shrugged, not meeting Jonghyun's eyes.
Jonghyun noticed that and grit his teeth, "What. Did. You. Do?"
But truthfully, he was at fault as well for firing up Minho the previous day and tell his about Zorro in the first place.
"Nothing, I was just like I usually am", Zorro said.
"In front of Minho??" Jonghyun demanded as though the latter was an idiot.
"He didn't seem too overbearing", Zorro said in defence.
"Yah! Minho wasn't anything in front of you. But he's terrifying! Of course he automatically blamed Jinki hyung",  Jonghyun exclaimed in realization.
"Forget that weirdo! How's my Jinx doing?" Zorro demanded.
"You gotta stop calling him that", Jonghyun muttered, "He's not doing well at all. He's not eating, refusing to see anyone except Taemin, and he's been crying a lot!"
Zorro's features overcame guilt and concern, "Maybe I went too overboard", he sighed.
"What else did you do?" Jonghyun scoffed, "Kiss him?"
Zorro was silent.
"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?? In front of Minho??!" Jonghyun yelled.
"On the cheek, I didn't mean for this to happen", Zorro confessed.
"Wow hyung, how can you be two years older than us and still be a total idiot?" Jonghyun exclaimed in wonder.
Before, Zorro could reply, he was interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Hey Jjonggie!"
Jonghyun turned to greet his boyfriend with a kiss.
"Yah where's my hello kiss?" Zorro demanded jokingly.
Kibum gave the elder a weird look while Jonghyun glared, "Sorry, ignore that weird hyung Bummie".
"So why am I needed?" Kibum asked.
"Oh, Jonghyun wants to learn self control", Zorro smirked, making Kibum look at the two older boys in confusion.

"Okay, now Chansung, push over Kibum", Zorro ordered.
The blond(?) wolf had called Chansung over to help with Jonghyun's habit destruction.
As Kibum was pushed over, onto his back by the black wolf, Jonghyun growled lowly.
"What the hell has this got to do with my habit?!"
Zorro smirked as he recognized the possessiveness in Jonghyun's voice.
"The point is," Zorro explained, "that you're learning self-control. And since, wolves are protective over their mates, Kibum is helping. The longer you can withstand yourself, the more self-control you'll have over your anger".
"But what if he gets hurts?"
Zorro scoffed, "You know as well as me that a little rough housing won't make a single dent. He's strong, Jonghyun. Besides, it's not like this is being done without Kibum's consent. Now, focus on yourself".
Chansung aggressively snarled down at the white wolf.
"Yah, get your stinky snout away; your breath stinks", Kibum warned silently.
"Sorry but I'm kind of supposed to be an opponent. And my priority isn't your comfort, Princess", Chansung replied.
"Quit calling me that smartass," Kibum snapped, shoving the black wolf away and getting to his feet.
"Anything wrong?" Zorro asked.
"When is me playing the helpless victim going to end?" Kibum demanded, his voice layered in annoyance.
Zorro thought for a second, "Wait, you don't know how to fight right Kibum?"
"Why do you look excited about that?" Kibum asked.
"You can help us and get fighting experience at the same time!"
"How?" Chansung asked.
"You can practice with Kibum!"
"Who says I have to stick around? I have a life you know", Chansung protested.
"Because I said so Chansung! Besides, if you don't, you'll be excused from the hunt for a month", Zorro said pleasantly.
"Just because you're in charge of hunts, doesn't mean you can do that!" Chansung whined.
"Actually I can".
The black wolf growled in annoyance.

About fifteen minutes later Zorro was fighting with Kibum while Zorro was coaching Jonghyun. But the brown wolf's predatory eyes were on Chansung who was on the floor, battling with Kibum. Even Zorro was impressed to see that Kibum definitely put up quite a fight. Even though the white wolf was pinned to the ground, he hadn't submitted and continued to lash back. Usually, when a wolf is pinned down, they display submission by rolling onto the ground and baring their necks (Quick fact). But Kibum was different; he snapped back at the surprised black wolf who jumped back, startled.
Their little practice session lasted a while as Kibum went in to attack.
"Yah! Kim Jonghyun! I should make you pay me for this! You're not even paying attention! Zorro scolded in annoyance.
"Huh? Oh sorry. Go on".
"Okay. When you're angry, follow these steps. Stop, close your eyes and breathe calmly", Zorro said, "Now together".
Jonghyun followed after him a few times.
"See don't you feel better?"
Jonghyun gave the wolf a weird look, "I feel the same. I wasn't even angry".
Suddenly, a deep snarl caught their attention. Once more, Zorro had pinned Kibum down and effectively dodged his attack, learning from his previous lesson. Seeing the white wolf wasn't going to submit anytime soon, the black wolf bit the white wolf's neck, applying pressure until Kibum issued a whimper.
"Wow! You're better than I thought!" Zorro praised, "I guess your mouth isn't your only defence!"
"Hyung", Kibum growled, "Is that an insult or a praise?"
"Why don't you two continue and Chansung can give you some tips", Zorro suggested.
"I think everyone is tired! Let's call it a day", Jonghyun said instead.
"Yah! You've been breathing! How the hell are you tired?!" Kibum demanded, "Let's continue practice!"
Zorro groaned tiredly when he saw the glint in Kibum's eyes; this is going to be a long afternoon.
As the two continued fighting practice, they got rougher and less gentle with one another. Even after he was exhausted, Chansung tried to keep his pride as he flung Kibum off of him and roughly attacked the latter, sinking his class into the his fur.
Meanwhile, Jonghyun was ready to break the black wolf's paws.
"Why must they be so close to one another?" He snarled angrily.
"They're fighting", Zorro said dryly, "You kind of need to make contact. Besides, why're you getting so possessive? It's annoying; I really want to hit you across the head".
"Is this done? I've already held back for so long! Can't I just hurt Chansung?" Jonghyun said in a pleading voice.
"You're going to annoy Kibum as well", Zorro sighed, "You saw his improvement. He can take care of himself".
Jonghyun gruffed so Zorro called a break for them.
"Wow who knew controlling anger is so tiring", the boy muttered.
"Anyways, how's Jinki doing?" Zorro asked casually.
"He's pretty much the same although he eats since we can't let him go hungry. And he's seriously depressed. He hasn't let anyone in", Jonghyun answered.
"And that boyfriend of his?" Zorro asked.
"He's been moody as well and he hasn't tried contacting Jinki", Jonghyun replied.
"Wow, why did Jinki have to choose a PMSing boyfriend? It's not even that big of a deal", Zorro said, "I mean, Jinx didn't even do anything wrong!"
"Yeah well, Minho's the old-fashioned type and you know Jinki is a professional in being guilty", Jonghyun commented.
Zorro felt torn; he wanted to comfort his best friend but he was afraid to make things worse. But now, he couldn't stand leaving his friend to suffer any longer.
"Why don't we surprise Jinki? The three of us?" Zorro suggested.
"I don't know", Jonghyun said, unsure.
"Come on, we're his best friends! We can't let him mope around because of his silly boyfriend!" Zorro exclaimed.

Jinki felt miserable as he sat at home, watching silly soap operas. He had also turned his phone on silent due to the numerous missed calls and messages from his worried friends. Suddenly the doorbell rang impatiently and the boy groaned as he got off the couch.
Why couldn't Taemin use his limbs to take out his pair of keys from his bags and turn the lock?
The doorbell didn't stop and he grew annoyed, "Alright alright! I'm coming!"
He opened the door and was surprised to see Jonghyun, Key, and Zorro. He quickly tried to shut the door again but Jonghyun placed his foot inside, easily opening the door himself and helping himself in.
"Guy, I really don't feel like--" Jinki began.
"Hyung, you need us and we're gonna fix you up!" Kibum announced, "I can't let you be this miserable because of my brother".
Jinki sighed, "How is Minho? Is he alright?"
"Hyung, let's worry about you first", Jonghyun said, placing a bag of food on the counter and setting the table.
Zorro helped and he noticed the Jinki had become thinner and more pale looking.
As they sat, Jinki only ate half a chicken which surprised Zorro.
"Jinx, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for this entire situation. I was kidding around", Zorro apologized sincerely.
"It's fine; honestly, I'm not entirely sure what set Minho off", Jinki smiled softly. Next few hours, the boys watched an action movie but halfway through the movie, Kibum dragged Jinki away for a makeover, fussing over his dark eye bags and sickly pale complexion.
"Hyung! Grab a pair and go talk to my brother!" Kibum demanded, "He's had a stick up his as$ ever since you two fought and I can't take it anymore. One more day, and I feel like I'm going to strangle the kid".
Jinki absently nodded, "I know but he doesn't want to talk to me".
"Don't worry about that, hyung. I've already talked to him", Kibum assured, "Be over around the time Minho returns from his morning jog".
About half an hour later, Jinki's makeover was complete and Kibum was self satisfied.
"Don't you look great? Now you just need to fill in those hollow cheeks and you'll be perfect!" Kibum grinned.
"I appreciate this Kibum but it's 10pm. I'm going to have to wash this off in an hour", Jinki said.
"It's for confidence hyung! Fighting!" Kibum winked before he left the room.
Jinki looked into the mirror and took a deep breath. He's going to man up and face his boyfriend. To be honest, he didn't feel like he could spend another day all sad and upset.

The next morning, Jinki went over to Minho's house where he was met with a grinning Kibum. And judging from the younger boy's smile, he knew he was up to no good. Without a chance to protest, Kibum pulled Jinki up the stairs and shoved him into Minho's room.
Confused, the boy turned around, realizing what had just happened.
He rapidly tried turning the handle when he realized it was locked shut.
Frantically, the poor boy began banging the door, "Kibum! Open the door!"

"What's going on?"
Jinki flinched when he heard the familiar deep voice and he slowly turned around to face Minho. The taller boy had just exited the shower and only had a pair of sweats on.
He looked just as frozen as Jinki.
"I-uh, I'm really sorry about this. K-Kibum locked the door all of a sudden", Jinki blabbered, turning his gaze to the floor, "I didn't mean to impose on you or anything. I was j-just leaving too".
On the other hand, Minho was barely even listening to what the older boy was saying. He was in shock when he saw Jinki in his room; was this a dream?
He also realized how much he missed his boyfriend as he was suddenly tempted to hug him. He also noticed that Jinki also looked thinner that before, not to mention, exhausted.
He took a few steps closer as Jinki was apologizing, but Minho didn't care.
Jinki didn't even realize how close Minho had gotten when a hand gently lifted his chin and a pair of familiar lips landed on his in a heated kiss.
Without hesitation, his hands went around the taller boy's neck.
When they finally separated, Minho took a breath, "I'm sorry".
Jinki blinked at him for a few seconds before repeating the phrase.
"No", Minho shook his head, "I was being immature and jealous. I should've been more understanding".
Jinki smiled, "It's alright Minho. I shouldn't have let Zorro be too affectionate with me. I should've thought about your feelings as well".
Minho grumbled as he pulled the shorter boy into a tight hug, "Jinki, don't kill the mood. I don't wanna hear you say another guy's name".
"B-but don't you think we should do something? Kibum locked the---", Jinki began before he was pushed onto the bed.
"I said to not mention another guy's name", Minho said towering over the elder with a predatory look.
Jinki smirked, "Then why don't you shut me up?"
.....