CHAPTER 21: THE NAME I LOVED

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

In a flash, Siwon was standing over Kibum in dominance -- not that it mattered with Kibum barely conscious.

"Get them to stop!" Jinki exclaimed, "He's going to kill him!"

Zorro hurried to the guarded gates to the pit.
Jonghyun beat him there.
"He's unconscious! Order them to stop!" Jonghyun demanded.
"Until the hybrid reveals his power will Siwon get his satisfaction", the man said, "We have strict orders".

"He's going to kill him!" Zorro exclaimed, "Get Kibum out of there!"

"That's ridiculous; he's a hybrid. His body won't let him die so easily", the other guard retorted.

"He's not as strong as you think! Take a fu***** look at him!!" Jonghyun yelled, surprising Zorro.

"Orders are orders".

Jonghyun didn't look at Zorro as his view returned to the pit where Kibum was on his stomach, his body moving slightly as he breathed.
..................................................
"Minho, they're not ending it", Jinki's voice cracked.
Minho grit his teeth and turned his boyfriend's head and held him against his chest, "Just-just don't look".

Minho couldn't move. He was scared to.

In the other hand, Taemin had enough and he get up to go where Zorro and Jonghyun were.

Before he could get words out of his mouth, Kibum's body was tossed roughly and landed with a thud and the white wolf's eyes closed shut.

Everybody held their breaths, waiting for signs of movement.
There was none.
Finally, an elder called from the sideline, "Open the gates. It's over".

The moment the gates opened, Jonghyun was at Kibum's side.
The white wolf was fatally injured and he sighed in relief when he realized that Kibum was only unconscious.

Minho, Jinki, Zorro, and Taemin were right next to him in no time.
Minho shoved him away and Jinki cradled his body softly.

"Kibum? Bummie, please wake up", he begged.

There was no movement.

"Move".
Zorro lifted the wolf in his arms with a huff, "Come on, let's take him to the pack doctor."

Nobody protested to the fact Jonghyun followed.
....................................................................

"We don't understand why his power didn't come out for self defence!" Zorro exclaimed in frustration, running a hand through his blond hair.

"Well in the state he's in, he didn't have enough strength or energy to activate his powers", the pack doctor replied, "He's terribly malnourished and his healing process will be even slower than regular wolves."
"Malnourished? He's been eating well though", Zorro said in confusion.

The doctor rolled her eyes, "Does he look like he's been eating well to you?"

Zorro was silenced immediately.

"He's going to be alright right?" Jonghyun demanded.

"He should".

Jonghyun took his leave, leaving Taemin fuming.
"What does he think he is? Acting like such an ".
Jinki put a hand on Taemin's shoulder, "I hope Kibum is excused if this was the punishment or whatever".

"I'd suggest he stay here just in case", the pack doctor said, "his body isn't 100% stable."

Minho nodded, "Please let me know if something happens or when he wakes up".

He gave her his number and took a look at Kibum who was now in his human form, still unconscious.
His brother had bruises and scratches littering his body.

He had been too worried and concerned about Kibum to get angry at Jonghyun that day.
"Let's go", Minho said placing a hand on Taemin's shoulder.

They all left, leaving Kibum to heal and rest.

Unfortunately, Minho woke to face some bad news from Jinki, who was hitting his door that morning with Taemin at his heels.

"CHOI MINHO! Open up!!" He called loudly.
Minho groaned before getting up from his bed  and dragged his body to the door.

"Why are you screaming so early in the morning Jinki?" he muttered groggily.

"Zorro has been trying to contact you! Kibum went into a coma!!" Jinki exclaimed.

"A COMA?!"
....................................

Jonghyun stared at Kibum's still figure on the white bed.
He was thin and pale with tubes into his throat and nostrils to send in nutrients necessary for survival.

"Not only is he weakened, his body doesn't have enough strength or energy left for a regular healing process".

Jonghyun spun around to see the pack doctor.
She walked to sit beside him on the visiting couch.
"Why is it that you're never around when he's awake", she said naturally, "I'd say he'd heal better with his mate around".

"He wouldn't be in this condition if it weren't for his mate", Jonghyun retorted bitterly. 

"So you don't plan on apologizing?"

Jonghyun dryly laughed, "I don't know what's right or wrong anymore. How can I apologize when my mind isn't made up about my position in all this?"

The doctor sighed, "Jonghyun-shi, sometimes the answer is simple but you're making it complicated".

Before Jonghyun could question her, she left him.

The peace and quiet was quickly disturbed when Minho, Taemin, and Minho were back.

"I wonder when he'll wake up", Taemin wondered looking at Kibum sadly.

Once more, everyone ignored Jonghyun's presence.

Minho later called for the doctor who rece more.
"Can you tell me how he suddenly went into a coma?"

"The coma was not only from the lack of energy but also shock", she replied.
Jonghyun looked up in confusion; he wasn't given this information.
But then again, he didn't have any rights to the information as he broke off his relationship with Kibum.

"He had awoken around midnight last night. He must be frightened of thunder and lightning which likely caused him to go into shock", the doctor explained.

Jonghyun and Minho swore at the same time.
Kibum was afraid of being alone during thunder storms. They should've realized and stayed that night.
"I tried calming him but he went straight into panic. I'm very sorry", the doctor said sincerely. 

"Do you know how long this would be?" Jinki asked from Kibum's bed where he held his friend's cold, pale hand.

"There's no telling when he'd awake. But since Kibum is still technically bonded to Jonghyun, we can only hope he awakes before the full moon", the doctor replied.

"Wait why? What happens if he doesn't?" Jonghyun spoke up.

"In case you've forgotten, he'll be in heat. And if he isn't awake by then, the heat and pain will be too much to handle -- especially at his state. He won't be able to handle the pain -- you can say the heat will act as an extremely high fever that his body won't be able to take. Especially since he's mated, his body will be craving his mate and I'm taking that it's been quite long since you two had any contact."

Everyone was quiet before Minho got up in a flash and grabbed Jonghyun by the collar, shoving him into the wall with a loud thud.
"I knew this would happen! I knew you were no good!" Minho yelled, "My brother might die because of you!"
Jonghyun looked up when Minho's voice cracked and he realized that the taller boy was crying as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Minho's grin loosened, "Why?! Why did you have to do this to him? Kibum already went through so much! He didn't deserve this; he didn't deserve you!"

Jonghyun felt terrible and stood still. The doctor took her leave and everyone else was quiet.
Jinki swallowed and embraced Minho and sitting him over onto the couch as he broke down.
It was really a heart breaking sight to see someone so strong break down.

"I'm sorry", Jonghyun said before leaving the room.
Tears had blurred his eyes and he left before anyone noticed; he had no right to cry for Kibum. This was all his fault.

Jinki hugged Minho tightly, kissing his cheek.
"Kibum loves you; you're the best brother he could ever have".

They stayed there for another 30 minutes.
"Hyung, let's go", Taemin said, "you need to rest".
Minho was still and only got up when Jinki patted his side gently, "Let's get you some rest".
...
Each day, Minho came to visit Kibum, even if it was for ten minutes.
Days went by and the day before the full moon came.
Conveniently, it was a Friday.
Jinki, Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun were all there, sitting silently.
Everyone was hopeful-- everyone but Minho.
He remembered Kibum's decision to give up. He knew nothing would change his mind; Kibum wasn't about to fight for another breath. He knew his brother inside out. 
His heat already began the previous night and the hospital had to remove the tubes from his throat and nose because Kibum would likely gain conciousness, even if it would be for mere seconds, and it would be too painfully for him.
The doctor offered to do a surgery to insert a pump to beat Kibum's heart for him later on.
As much as he didn't want to let go, Minho knew that Kibum wouldn't want that. His brother went through so much so he should at least be allowed to be selfish fro once. 

Minho declined without hesitation.
"Why not?" Jonghyun demanded, "there's a chance!"
Minho lost his top then.
"How could you have the shame to speak up against what Kibum would want?! You have no right to any decision!!" Minho yelled, "And if you think you can breathe the same air as my brother, I'd choke to death myself than watch him suffer in your hands, you worthless mutt!"
Nobody said anything after that and they sat back down.

"He's going to beg for water", the doctor said, "and he'll cough up blood. However, you cannot give him anything; it will only act as more pain and his body will reject it as it'll be preparing to turn off. During death, the body wants to have as little in it possible. That's why we've been giving him nutrients through liquids".

Jinki and Minho tightly held each other's hands, fingers entwined to comfort one another.
Taemin had his head in his arms as he leaned his weight on the white bed. They knew what would happen; they'd accepted it in the best interest of their beloved Kibum.

It was 7:56pm exactly when the doctor entered the room.
"It should be time in a while", she said with sincerity, "I'll have my crew on standby."

Jinki nodded mutely.
About twenty minutes later, Kibum began moving and panting.

"He's dehydrated", the supervising nurse stated in monotone. A recorder behind her tok notes silently. 

Taemin swallowed his tears at the pitiful sight before him, and yet, he couldn't turn away.

Jonghyun stood up when Kibum's eyes opened wide as he coughed violently.

The nurse immediately stopped him from getting any closer, "His eyes aren't focused and you two are still mated. His body will become more violent once he senses you. The only reason you're allowed in the same room is because Kibum's senses are very weakened".

Jonghyun remained standing as his fingers balled into fists.
Jinki was sobbing into Minho's chest as Kibum suffered.

Taemin, who rarely ever cried, was blinking away the tears stinging his eyes.

Everyone looked up as the heart machine began beeping and Kibum took large breaths.
Almost immediately, a male nurse and the doctor came hurrying in.

Everyone watched with frightened expressions as the nurses tied Kibum's hands and legs down. It didn't make much of a difference since Kibum was unconscious.


The doctor rubbed two pads together and places them on Kibum's chest.

"CLEAR!"
A shock shook Kibum's body.

As soon as Minho overcame his shock and realized what they were trying to accomplish, he stopped the doctor.
"That's enough".


Kibum had a faint heartbeat left as everyone bid their fairwell.

"Hyung", Taemin said, "Thank you for everything. You were my family and I really loved you. You were the best friend and hyung I could ever ask for".

Jinki saw his young cousin put on a brave face and swallow down his tears.
He knew Taemin had a lot more to say but tears choked his throat -- well that was the case for them all.
He realized that Kibum was the main influence in making Taemin a more expressive and confident boy. Kibum would be proud.

"You were the best friend I could ever have. No matter what, you blamed yourself before anyone else. And you were the one who brought a smile to everybody's face even when you weren't feeling well yourself. I love you Kibum and we'll never forget you nor the memories you left for us".

Jinki placed a kiss on the boy's forehead before stepping back, giving Minho a moment with his beloved brother.

"I love you Kibum; you're the best brother I could ever ask for. Thanks to you, I've had amazing memories and I'll love you forever", Minho was cut short as a beep was heard and the heartbeat read a straight line.
That's when Minho's tears stained the white bed sheet.

"Dammit", he swore, "Kim Kibum, you're so selfish. Didn't you think of me? Did you think about those that love you at all?"

Jinki hugged Minho as he cried softly.

Jonghyun sprinted out the room.

Around 12pm everyone heard the pained howls of a wolf that lost its mate. He cried into the night for hours.

The next day, Jonghyun was gone.

Gone from his house.

Gone from his pack.

Gone from school.

Gone from the town.

And he was never to be seen again.

...............................................................................

AHHH dont hate me!!!

Im soo sorry for the sad ending but the story isnt completely over! 
I shall update with a epilogue in two parts so plz look forward!!! 

I hope you all enjoyed this story and thank u for those who've been reading from the beginning! forgive me for my hasty updates! i hope i've improved since then and i hope to improve more.
Thank you for all ur comments and subscribes! I can never thank u all enough...

yup so this was a pretty sad story :(

lol and i know it all happened pretty fast and many ppl r prolly like....

sorry for killing bummie :((

well on a good note, im really excited for SHINee's comeback on monday!!! who NOT excited!!! AHHHHHH 
tbh, im kinda nervous and scared about this comeback. dont get me wrong but tell me those teasers weren't weird enuf
lol but ill b sure to completely end this fanfic b4 monday so i can watch the mv in peace!! 

nevertheless, ill prolly still love it since its shinee! SHINee fighting!!!! 

once again thanks 4 the support and im actually sad this story is over :P it was my first big projectsince its the most ive written and im surprised to have had the determination to finish it as well. but thats thanks to all my supporters and subscribers so i can never thank u all enough!!! saranghaeeee