Jeju Island

He May Be the One

“Ayyy!  Toa Ha Ha you were right! I really did need this vacation.” Kim Hyun Joong says while looking out at the beautiful Jeju sun.

“Thank you hyung. I knew this was going to make you happy.” Toa Ha ha says with a big smile.

“Toa Ha Ha, you really did do good.” Tim Tee Lo says.

Toa Ha Ha smiles becomes bigger.

“I just want to let this all go. All my worries.  They are all gone.  Just for these three nights.” Kim Hyun Joong says while he lets out a big sigh of relief.

...

...

‘I wonder what I should do now that I am here’ I think to myself as I leave the boat that took me to Jeju Island. ‘I didn’t contact anyone. Nobody knows that I came to visit. Where should I stay? All the local hotel people know me…might as well pick one with a good view.’ I walk to the nearest public phone and put in money. ‘Hello? Oh hello….yes I’ve been fine….actually I came here to …oh so you have heard…I’m fine really….I actually came here to spend time with myself…yes to get away from the chaos….yes I would love a suite…preferably and please don’t let anyone know I am staying there, including my management and absolutely anyone who wants to reach me. Thank you for understanding.’ I hang up the phone and start walking with my luggage. ‘I think this is going to be good for me.’

“Hyung you are going to love this! You can go under water and do many of the other things you like…” a person says in a distance.

‘What was that?’ I think to myself, ‘why does the voice sound so familiar?’ I look around….no one. ‘Must be my imagination,’ I think to myself as I proceed on going to the hotel.

Kim Hyun Joong, Toa Ha ha,  and Tim Tee Lo climb out of a black car.  “Yes, I can’t wait.  This vacation will be nice.”

I stopped and cringe in hearing that voice in a now distance. ‘That voice….it can’t be!’ I look frantically around.  Yet again I see no one. ‘Calm down, Mor Ri. You are hearing things…’ I go away in almost a sprinting motion.

“Shall we go to our rooms?” Tim Tee Lo suggests.

Kim Hyun Joong replies, “Yes.”

...

...

“Aeygo!  Mor Ri long time no see!” says the hotel owner.

“Oppa!” I say while greeting him with a bow and a hug.

“What brings you here in such a short notice?” he asks.

‘Should I tell him..yes I should.’ “Oppa…I kinda wanted to get away for a while and I’d appreciate it you don’t tell anyone. Please… even if my management wants to contact me….please keep my presence a secret…” I plead.

“Ahh … yeah, understood. Someone told me already,” he says.  He pauses for a couple seconds. “Mor Ri, I think of you as a very important family member and I promise to keep you comfortable while you stay here.”

I give him a smile. “Thank you oppa. I really appreciate it.” I then try to hand him my credit card.

“Aaaaaeygo! Didn’t I just finish saying that you are a very important family member to me?! Please, don’t attempt to give me money ever again,” he tells me with a slight angry expression, “you have done so much for my people this is the least I can do for you.”

“Thank you oppa.” I tell him.

“Don’t mention it. I have also already told all the staff to welcome you with open arms. Don’t be worried about paying a dime.” He tells me.

“Okay, thank you.” I tell him with a smile.

“Dean Li Yo! Come take your noona to her room!” he tells an employee.

“Yes sir!” he says as he grabs my bags and we head off.

“Thank you Oppa!” I tell the owner.

“You are welcome!” he replies.