Side Story: My Men Meet

He May Be the One

The room is lit to set a romantic mood. It’s evening and famous couples usually go into this restaurant for its unique sense of privacy.   This meeting, however, is not a gathering of two lovers, but of two rivals.

Kim Hyun Joong sits in the room with a cup of tea in front him.  He is waiting for his guest to arrive.  “You are here,” he says as his guest is escorted in by a waitress.

“I am,” Jung Yong Hwa says as he sits across from him.

“Please serve him a couple of tea,” Kim Hyun Joong instructs the waitress.

“Yes, sir,” the waitress says as she pours a cup of tea for Jung Yong Hwa.  Soon after, she leaves.

“What is that you wanted,” Jung Yong Hwa says with a hard look.

Kim Hyun Joong leans in and looks at Jung Yong Hwa intensely.  “I wanted to know what kind of man has been following Mor Ri all this time,” he bluntly says.

Jung Yong Hwa lets out an astonished half grin before replying, “Humph, following?  Alright, let’s call it that.  But that’s not going to stop me from seeing her.”

“I thought so.  But now that I am in her life again, you won’t have a chance,” Kim Hyun Joong says with a smirk, “I’ve waited too long to let anyone take her away from me.”

Jung Yong Hwa suddenly gets up. “I don’t need to hear this,” he says as he begins to walk off, “you are not worth of my time.  And frankly, not worthy her time either.”  He suddenly stops, turns to Kim Hyun Joong, and takes a step forward.  “The memories we share are far more precious than those you have shared with her.  I won’t let you hurt her like that you’ve done to that other wo-…”

Kim Hyun Joong suddenly gets up and grabs Jung Yong Hwa by the collar.  He pushes him to the wall. “That has nothing to do with you,” he firmly says.  His expression becomes fierce and dangerous.

“Anything involving Mor Ri is my business,” Jung Yong Hwa retaliates.

Kim Hyun Joong suddenly punches Jung Yong Hwa.

Jung Yong Hwa’s lip draws blood.  He whips it away and releases a smirk. “So childish,” he says as he punches Kim Hyun Joong on the stomach.

Kim Hyun Joong recovers and again grabs Jung Yong Hwa by the collar. “You son of a-“

“What is going on?!” the waitress exclaims as she stands at the door way.

Kim Hyun Joong releases Jung Yong Hwa from his grasp. 

“Nothing, I was just leaving,” Jung Yong Hwa replies.  He glares at Kim Hyun Joong before exiting.