Refusal to Give Up

He May Be the One

Three days have passed since I have last seen Jung Yong Hwa.  s have frequently contacted me but it has been an up and down battle since then.  It was as if each member has assigned themselves a task of either remorse, encouragement, or ambiguity.  Lee Jung Hyun, for example, would call me to tell me the status of Jung Yong Hwa and express concern and a bit of betrayal, while at the same time, he would send treats with Lee Jong Shin.  Lee Jong Shin would visit me frequently to observe my condition and assure me that no matter what happens we are family, but then again he wouldn’t deny the hurt this situation has caused.  Although things did not work out they way they’d wish, however, they made it a point to assure me that my happiness is what is important.

Kang Minhyuk, however, if he had a task at all, expressed ambiguity.  I would see him the most but at times it felt as if I wasn’t with him at all.  He would just sit and not speak.  I would open the door to my apartment and he would just walk in and sit in the couch.  I’d sit next to him and wouldn’t dare say a word.  We would eat when it is time to eat and he would leave when he had to but that is it.

“Minhyuk, I am going to the store.  Do you want anything?”

He sits in silence.

I wait a moment for a response but quickly give up and get ready to leave.  I am about to open the front door when suddenly I get a message.

I look at my phone.  “Yong Hwa oppa?!” I exclaim.

Kang Minhyuk’s face suddenly jolts in surprise.  He turns his head to look at me, “What does he want?” he asks.

“He wants to come over, right now” I say as I read the message.

Kang Minhyuk suddenly stands up and walks towards the door.  “Well then, I am leaving.  Have a nice conversation, noona.”