Loveless Love Suite

He May Be the One

We walk into the hallway.  His hand over mine. We walk in silence. ‘Why are we?… this is the floor to my room…’ I think to myself. We keep walking.  We stop right in front of my door. ‘Does he know where my room is? This doesn’t make any sense…’ He turns to the room across mine and pulls out a card. He unlocks the door. ‘Wait a minute, he has been in the room across from mine all this time and I NEVER NOTICED IT?!’We walk in.

“Please make yourself comfortable. I need to go to the washroom,” Kim Hyun Joong tells me.  He walks off.

‘I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING CRAZY!’  I think to myself as I pace around the room.  I walk towards the bed and sit down.  ‘What am I going to do?’  I look around to keep my mind busy.  I spot a picture frame on the night stand. It’s a picture of us.  Me in his embrace. Smiling. ‘This picture…it’s from a long time ago.’  I take the picture and walk out into the balcony.  ‘Why does he still have this? And why is it here?’

“Mor Ri? MOR RI!!” I hear behind me.

“…I’m right here…” I say weakly.

Kim Hyun Joong plunges towards me and holds me tightly in a back embrace. “I thought you left…”

“No…I didn’t…” I tell him.

“What is this?” he asks as he lays his hand on the picture frame.  “I see you found my most prized possession.”

“This photo. It is from a long time ago…” I say.

“I take it with me where ever I go,” he confesses.

I release myself from his embrace. “But why? I…”

He looks at me with a look of utter pain. “These past two and a half years have been torture for me.  I have tried… I have tried so hard…to get over you.  I even dated someone.  That woman….”

I look away before he could continue.  “I don’t want to hear it.” I begin to walk away. 

He stops me from leaving the balcony.  “You need to hear this!” he yells.

My eyes widen.  I walk back to the rail of the balcony and look down.  “Why? This has nothing to do with me,” I say bravely.

He grabs my wrist and forcefully spins me around. “Don’t you say that! DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT!” he angrily says to me.  I notice the intensity of his eyes.  I look down trying to avoid his stare.

He finally releases me.  I turn around. “I’m sorry…” I finally say.  I hear him take in a big breathe.  I then feel him put his arms around me again.  He puts his head on my shoulder. Suddenly, I feel moisture on my shoulder. ‘Is he?...’

“I just don’t know what to do.  I missed you so much. I tried…I tried to forget…that woman wasn’t you. She wasn’t you.  She knew that too and she tried her hardest to fill the big space you left in my heart…but she couldn’t.  At one point, she tried to leave me…but I couldn’t let her...” He breaks down on my shoulder.

I take a big breath and I turn around. “We will talk about this some other time. Come. Let’s go inside.”  I walk with him to the bed. His arm around my waist.  I release myself and fix the bed.  He stares at me, his eyes completely red from the tears he has shed, as I move about.   I push him onto the bed and tuck him in.

He grabs my hand. “Stay with me tonight,” he pleads.

I sit.  “I will,” I say to him ask I put my hand on his.

Soon enough he falls asleep.

 I, however, do no keep my promise.  I get up and grab my things and start walking towards the door.  I look back once and close the door behind.