He Who Came to Visit Me

He May Be the One

We sit at a local restaurant and await our order.

“I haven’t had American food in such a long time,” Jung Yong Hwa.  He notices my look of unease.  He frowns. “You don’t have to be so at unease. I am here as a friend,” he says with a weak smile.

I quickly change my expression. “Ani-yo oppa! I’m …quite comfortable.” I fall silent. 

….

I finally decide to look up and give him a smile.  “Oppa, did you order what you like? I’m buying and I won’t take no for an answer.”

He gives me a sincere smile in return. “Yeh, I did.”

….

We continue the night as friendly as possible.  He talks about the release of his solo album and I listen.  We talk.  We laugh.  We order many drinks.  It was as if the relationship we had in the past had rekindled itself and nothing has ever tainted it.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t have drank so much,” I tell him.

“Hmm, it’s okay as long as I have you to take care of me,” he says with a smile as he leans on my shoulders as we walk to my recording studio.

It was late and I had drank a few drinks too so I didn’t want to drive.  My studio was about three blocks from the restaurant anyways.

“Oppa, you are heavy,” I .

He lets out a low laugh before suddenly becoming serious. “You know it’s your fault…you left such an unbearably heavy feeling *hiccup* ….in my heart,” he says as he pushes himself off of me and into a wall.  He leans on the wall and he grabs my hand and holds it to his chest.  “Do….do you feel it? *hiccup* It’s heavy isn’t it?” he asks.

“Oppa…” I start saying.

“DO YOU…. *hiccup* …do you feel it?” he asks again.

“Yeh,” I reply in the verge of tears.

He looks at me before he puts himself on my shoulders again. “Don’t be upset.  You are worth it.”

My heart sinks.

I finally wipe away the tears and start walking again. 

We make it to my studio and lie him down on the couch and wrap him in a blanket I keep there just in case I have a late night.  As I finish settling him down, I notice a single tear falling from his face.  I stare and think, ‘how did it become this way?’  I then gently wipe it away and walk out.  As I make it to the front of my studio, I stop and take out my phone from my purse. I begin dialing.  “Hey Vivi, I am at the studio right now. Is it too late to do me a favor? ….okay, can you call someone to meet me at XXX Restaurant to pick up my car.  I’ll be waiting for there…. gamsahabnida.”  I hang up the phone and continue walking…

Not knowing that someone has been watching me this whole time.