The States

He May Be the One

“Welcome everyone! If you have just toned in, this is the Ellen DeGeneres Show with the lovely Ah Mor Ri.  Please give her a round of applause,” Ellen says. 

Everyone claps.

“Thank you for having me,” I say.

“How are you?” she asks.

“I’m good. Thank you.  It feels like forever since the last time I have seen you,” I reply.

“Yes, it has. You need to swing by the house some time.”

“Ha ha I will.”

She gives me a smile.

“So tell me Mor Ri, how does it feel like coming back to the United States after so many years in Korea?” the reporter asks me.

“Well, I don’t know. I mean I’ve been going back and forth, from visiting my family here to doing my work in Korea, it just feels nice being able work and be with my family at the same time without spending so much money on flights,” I say while smiling.

Everyone laughs.

“That is very true. Now tell me, I read somewhere that you were involved in some kind of love triangle? Square? I don’t know but with a bunch of hot Korean men.”

Everyone giggles and then waits patiently for my response.

I pause for a second to think about it although previously knowing that eventually someone would ask me.  “Well, I wouldn’t exactly call it a love triangle or square.  I mean it is true that I did recently break up with my previous boyfriend but we are good friends now.”
“Oh really?” Ellen asks.

“Yes, he even said that he, amongst my other Korean friends who are also his friends and band mates, will be taking trips to come visit me.”
“And what about that other guy, Kim Hyun Joong was it?” she asks.

The atmosphere suddenly becomes awkward.

I hesitate.  “He is also a very important person to me and, well, we haven’t seen each other in a very long time… until recently.”

“So does that mean there is a chance of the scandal coming to the United States?” she eagerly asks.

I laugh awkwardly. “Ha Ha, I don’t think that will happen.  I am very happy being single right now and do not plan on being in a relationship anytime soon.”

“Good for you.  Who needs boys anyways? I sure don’t.” Ellen jokes.

Everyone laughs.

“Well, thank you for stopping by.  I know you have a busy schedule and we all appreciate it.  Give a round of applause to Ah Mor Ri everyone,” Ellen says.

Everyone claps. 

After hugging Ellen and waving to the audience, I exit the stage.

“Hey, Mor Ri!” I hear behind me.

I turn around. “Yes?”

“Sorry for putting you on the spot back there,” Ellen says.

“…..No problem…..  I knew someone was going to ask me these kind of questions eventually…..I’m just happy it was you,” I tell her.

“Thanks Mor Ri,” she says as she gives me a hug, “now seriously, if you ever need help with something, or need someone to talk to, let me know okay?  Good luck!” she says as she walks away.

“I will!” I yell back at her.