The Big News

He May Be the One

“This Kang Hwa Yoo reporting the recent development of the Kim Hyun Joong case.  According to officials the case will be continued and evaluated.  As we have previously reported, Kim Hyun Joong’s ex-girlfriend did retract the charges but because he did confess to the one of the four counts, officers say they will continue the prosecution. We will receive even more details in a later time…”

I turn off the television.  I stare at the blank screen.  After a while, my cell phone starts ringing.  Unconsciously, I answer it.

“MOR RI, WHERE ARE YOU? I WILL BE RIGHT THERE!”

It takes me a couple seconds to zoom back into reality and realize that someone is speaking to me.  “Oh…Vivi…no need…” I say shakily. ‘Why am I shaking?’
“What do you mean NO NEED.  Don’t tell you haven’t heard the news?!”

“ I have…I just don’t think it is any kind of emergency.”  I try to reassure her. ‘Why do I need to try?’

“NO EMERGENCY!! Are you home?!  I’ll be there soon! …..just need to find those darn keys…”

“DON’T! …I’m fine.  I need to go. I have a prior engagement I cannot miss.”

“DON’T YOU LIE TO ME!!” she yells.

“I’M NOT!... I got to go. I’ll call you later. Don’t come.”

“Wait…”

I disconnect the phone call and turn off my phone before she is able to call me back.  I think to myself, ‘Maybe I should go out and breathe some fresh air’.

*Knock Knock*

I look at the door with caution. ‘It must be one of my oppas…they must have been watching the news. I really don’t want to see them right now’