Chapter 8- Prince Charming

H-POP

Pairing(s); Baekkai

Rating/Notes; PG

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Baekhyun threw himself, broom and all, at Amber in an attempt to knock the Quaffle off her, Luhan loyally sticking by his side. Changmin stood at one end of the pitch, voice raised, and hollering advice with his hands cupped over his mouth. He stopped for a moment as a bludger swooped dangerously close to his head, ducking. Donghae laughed boisterously, smacking his palm with Hyukjae’s, both of them guffawing at the scowl on their captain’s face. Usually the high-five was strictly reserved for bulls-eye hits, but apparently team captain was worth at a somewhat higher price.

Jongin dipped in and out of the clouds, eyes fervently sweeping the air. He let out a low growl, freeing one hand from his broom to comb back the jet-black locks of hair falling over his face for the third time in a minute, the whipping winds that day sending his robes flying crazily.

It was just Baekhyun’s luck too—another rough shove from Luhan had the Quaffle falling right out of Amber’s grasp, and straight into his lap. With his new prized possession, he clutched it to his chest, and raced towards the end of the pitch, towards the hoops.

It wasn’t that Jongin was bored. Every single sense was trained, perked at perfect concentration. Though he soon began feeling dizzy after flying in circular laps for the past ten minutes.

Baekhyun zipped abruptly to the side, narrowly missing the other players, and with a mighty hurl, scored.

But Jongin only stopped for a moment, to share in the basking glory of Baekhyun’s score, and then he was back circling, trying to convince himself he was like a falcon, ready at any time to dive for his prey.

Baekhyun whooped, throwing his hands up, looping around in circles as celebration.

Jongin had to hover a few feet lower, to avoid crashing into each other. Then, he would continue with his circling, and Baekhyun could do whatever he wanted.

But in the blink of an eye, Baekhyun had rapidly changed aura, suddenly darting forward to block Amber in her path, almost losing her of her possession of the Quaffle.

And completely out of nowhere, a bludger collided dead on with the edge of Baekhyun’s broom from Hyukjae’s club, broom and boy spinning out of control.

Baekhyun shrieked, just managing to hold on by one arm as his broom takes him spiralling dangerously lower and lower.

And in a flurry, Baekhyun’s broom halted the crazed spinning with contact to the ground, crash-landing on the grass. Baekhyun flew off a few feet apart from his broom, sprawled on the grass, both lying motionless.

Jongin’s heart dropped to the base of his stomach. Before he knew what was happening, mind having frozen over and pounding in his ears much too loud to hear anything else, he felt his hair whipping back, and found himself already having zoomed down to the brunette laying on the grass in record speed.

“Baekhyun?” his voice came out more of a hush, throat closed up, but he found himself shouting. “BAEKHYUN?”

He flung his broom aside and knelt down next to him, taking no heed of the rest of the team slowly descending and Changmin’s raging scolds at no one else but Lee Hyukjae.

A small groan escaped Baekhyun’s lips.

 “Baekhyun!” Jongin fastend his hands, clasping, the senior’s dainty shoulders as hard as he dared.

He flipped Baekhyun over to look properly at his face, releasing a sigh of relief to see no physical damage at least visible on his pretty face.

Baekhyun’s eyes were closed, yet a small frown was etched on his forehead, eyebrows furrowed. His lips were parted, and in the next moment, he lets out a long moan.

“Ouuuuuuuch…~”

Jongin frowned, already reaching over to the purple-haired boy when a flurry of robes and rustling of grass under foot behind him halted him. Hyukjae landed and hurriedly rushed to him, spewing apologies, with Donghae following suit soon after.

Baekhyun squinted up, dry lips parting.

“I’m dyyyyyyying!” he wailed.

Jongin was struck with vague alarm for a moment before he stards at him dead panned.

Donghae huffed, standing a few metres away, hands over his chest, leaning back on the soles of his feet. “No you’re not, get up and get to the hospital wing.” He rolled his eyes.

Baekhyun groaned, features scrunching in a frown. “Noooo you don’t get it. I’m DYYYYYING, Hae-Hae!” he cried.

Jongin glanced behind him to catch a glimpse of Donghae and Hyukjae sharing a look before casually stepping back on their brooms and soaring away once more, leaving him with a ‘dying’ person who was screaming his lungs out.

Jongin looked over at Baekhyun awkwardly. What should one do in such a situation?

“Someone help me I’m dyyyyyying!!!!!!!!!”

And with a sigh, Jongin leaeds forward, fingers feeling around his arms and ankles and then hesitantly his rib cages for any broken bones.

“I think I’m dyyyying Jongin, I’m dyyyying,” Baekhyun wailed.

Jongin heaved a second, long sigh. “You are not dying. Want to go to the hospital wing?”

But Baekhyun only looked up at him.

“I’m dying, Jongin-ah, give me CPR~”

Jongin pulled off a few moments of silent staring at him incredulously. When he spoke, he at least tried to sound remotely polite, reminding himself he was talking to someone who was bent on the idea that they were going to die. “Sorry what.”

“Mouth to mouth, save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,” Baekhyun cried.

His bottom lip trembled.

“I think I feel faint, everything's going black…” he whimpered.

“Don’t you usually give CPR for people who aren't breathing” Jongin raised an eyebrow, half-amused.

 “But I’m dying, I feel the world fading away.” Baekhyun whispered dramatically.

Jongin reached out, ready to place his hands on the soft skin at Baekhyun’s face. Not because he believed the dragon dung the elder was spewing, but not really knowing what else to do.

Baekhyun leaned back, un-focusing his eyes on the sky. “Goodbye, cruel world.” He whispered in an image of depressing, yet graceful, death.

Jongin quickly leaned down, cupping his face, just to please him and make him stop ranting about death, but froze a centimetre from Baekhyun’s lips.

He really didn’t know what to do.

It wasn’t like he’d ever kissed anyone before.

But Byun Baekhyun, of course, took it into his own hands, raising himself off the grass, leaning up to let their lips graze against each other.

Jongin’s mouth dropped open, eyes wide in the shock, but Baekhyun pressed in on his lips, making him hurriedly close his mouth.

For a moment, he dwelled on the idea of just being zapped by Baekhyun by kissing him, before he actually rendered the idea stupid.

The muscles in his body had frozen over, contracted in tension, and beginning to ache from supporting his body weight to hover over the chaser, but he couldn’t find it in himself to move, not believing he was actually doing it.

Meanwhile, still metres high in the air, Luhan snickered in the background, watching his best friend quite literally up to the handsome seeker, trying not to disturb the moment by drawing attention to them.

Baekhyun’s eyes opened, a smile stretching across his face, lighting up his features. “You saved me, my prince~” he cooed.

Jongin stared at him incredulously in silence.

Who knew the famous player of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was actually big on the whole princess thing?

 “Seriously though, I think I sprained my ankle, could you carry me to the hospital wing?” Baekhyun mumbled, bright eyes looking up at Jongin.

With the addition of the batting of his eyelashes Jongin sighed in defeat, sliding his arm under his body to lift him in his arms.

He turned around, kicking their brooms somewhere blatantly visible, hoping a nice person would pick it up for them. His broomstick was his most prized possession. He loved it to bits.

What’s a seeker without his broom?

Baekhyun clutched tightly to his neck and rested his head on his chest, and though the brunette had managed to get himself comfortable in Jongin’s arms, and despite his light weight, Jongin moved rather quickly—he just wanted to get it over and done with.

The door to the hospital wing was wide open.

Jongin invited himself in, dropping his load on a springy bed laid with white sheets, and turned to leave.

But Baekhyun’s broken voice cried out. “Oh no, don’t leave me, Mr Prince!”

Jongin rolled his eyes. “It was really nice saving you, but I’ll leave so you can get checked up properly.” He gestured towards Madam Pomfrey, ready to walk over to tend to Baekhyun after taking care of someone else in the far right corner of the hospital wing.

Baekhyun’s wobbling lips came up in a devastated pout. “But Inna…~~~~” he whined. He blinked, eyelashes batting, eyes large and pitiful. “Stay with me, please?”

It could be safely said that the voice just added the cherry onto the massive, teetering pile of Jongin’s resistance, all of it coming crashing down as one.

He stopped, sighing, giving Baekhyun a very curt nod and resorting to just standing at the door. Baekhyun was already terribly loud, and thinking of Baekhyun throwing a massive hissy fit didn’t go down too well. Jongin motioned for him to be quiet, so as to not disturb the boy who had half turned into a rabbit, crouched in the corner of the room, rabbit nose endlessly twitching.

Now coming to think of it, it didn’t seem unusual that he just so happened to hear these things from his brothers just another day. The conversation had been so blatantly simple:

“It’s already really good hyung, I didn’t think you’d do so well.”

Kim Jongdae smirked. “Why, how lovely of you, brother. Though I do think the red eyes reflective trait with night vision may have been the highlight of my work, I personally am pretty pleased with the pretty white of the fur, you?”

Baekhyun looked over, craning his neck, before his eyes return to Jongin with a happy nod. His entire mood seemed to light up, which Jongin found ridiculous, just because he chose to waste more of his time by waiting for him. Baekhyun lifted his arm, reaching his hand out towards Jongin.

He just stared at it, eyebrow raised.

But eventually Jongin did move, closer to Baekhyun with a couple of hesitant shuffled when Baekhyun’s outstretched hand gave a series of clenches and releases.

But the small distance Jongin had shuffled forward by didn’t stop the grabby hands.

So Jongin was left to shuffle close enough within arm’s reach from the bed.

Baekhyun’s hand darted forward, grabbing Jongin’s and encasing it by his own.

Jongin almost jumped out of his skin at the sudden contact. It was one of those times where he wasn’t sure how to feel about just one of the many things Byun Baekhyun did that managed to affect him.

Right then and there, Madam Pomfrey walked in on the atmosphere, with a slight air of irritation after tending to the rabbit-boy and trying to figure out a reversal spell.

“Now what’s happened here?” she sighed, voice harsh.

Baekhyun looked up from his trained gaze on his and Jongin’s linked hands, though not letting go of his hand. A wide smile stretched across his face, even as he answered the question. “I sprained my ankle!” he chirped happily.

Jongin dead panned, narrowly close to face palming, one of his eyebrows arching.

In Jongin’s world this just reinforced his theory about Byun Baekhyun—that the boy was just a four-dimensional person who liked skin ship and had mood swings.

Hell, he was just wailing about dying a while ago!

Jongin’s attention was grabbed once again by the happy squeeze Baekhyun gave his hand.

And then Jongin was being pushed out the door, Madam Pomfrey saying how she needed to take a look at the offending ankle.

He stood outside the shut door of the Hospital Wing looking a bit like a  lost puppy that got kicked on the way.

Waiting was boring.

Not to mention time-consuming.

And Jongin had been circling the stairs outside the Hospital wing for at least five minutes.

But it was when Jongin was beginning to finally descend those stairs and not come back up again, much too bothered to keep his mindless waiting, a familiar brunette shot out of the hospital wing, hurtling himself at him.

Jongin turned, eyes sweeping from the lopsided grin hanging off Baekhyun’s face down to his leg. “Oh, you’re all good now?”

“yeah! She fixed me up fine.” Baekhyun grinned.

And once again, this moment soon turned into another moment where Jongin didn’t know whether to be flattered, or just sort of creeped out.

Because Byun Baekhyun had risen up on his tiptoes and slanted his lips over his own in another relatively short kiss.

Jongin jolted, eyes wide and muscles frozen, fully not expecting a second kiss merely in the span of at least an hour.

“Thank you for saving me, Mr prince~” Baekhyun cooed as he removed himself from Jongin’s body.

“Uhh its um okay...” Jongin muttered, still in a state of shock after being kissed twice in one day.

Baekhyun linked arms with him. “You reckon the others were nice enough to get our brooms or were they too busy laughing at me?”

Jongin gave a shrug. “They better have gotten mine.”

But upon reaching the Quidditch pitch, there was only one broom lying exactly where they’d left it.

“Wow, ers.” Baekhyun muttered.

Jongin couldn’t really care less—he was whipping his head around, looking for his own broom. “Where did they put mine?”

Baekhyun grumbled. “I think they took yours back for you.” And with that, he started to walk over to get his off the grass.

But when the two of them went into the change rooms and Baekhyun opened his locker, Jongin’s broom promptly fell right out of it, clattering to the floor

“Errrm.”

Jongin stared at him. “Why was my broom in your locker.” It was more of a statement in comparison with a question, but Baekhyun answered it anyway.

“Apparently they didn't take it back for you.” Baekhyun shrugged. “Probably the beater bros.”

And with that Baekhyun, quite simply, just stripped.

Jongin hurriedly turned away, adverting his eyes from the goddamn strip show. Part of it was from dislike of the way Baekhyun occasionally gave a roll of his body. Aside from that, Jongin just quite simply and frankly, didn’t want to be caught red-handed staring.

It was only after a pause that Jongin began to strip too.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was humming to himself absentmindedly—though dressing exceedingly slowly.

Jongin, however, dressed at record speed, and was ready to go grab his broom and run in a minute.

Baekhyun caught him as he was about to leave and walked up to him, not minding the fact that he was still half and giving him another peck on the lips.

“Goodnight, sweet prince.” Baekhyun smirked smiled sweetly.

Jongin froze over again, but sprang back to life quickly, pelting out of the room.
_____________________________________________________________

A/N

Roses are red

Chanyeol is tall

Baekkai rules everything

That is all

~Unicorn-the-poet