Chapter 24- The Aftermath

H-POP

Pairing(s); xiuchen, baekkai

Rating/Notes; should be PG; ahhh sorry this is so short ;___; there's gonna be alot of long chapters soon i think so i wanted to squeeze this little one in beforehand

 


 

 

“How did the prank go?” Jongin asked his brother as they sat under a beech tree

“Went brilliantly.” Kim Jongdae grinned back at him.

“What did you need lipstick for anyway-actually never mind. I don’t want to know.”

“Yes, never mind why I needed it, how did you even get it in the first place?”

“I…” He faltered for a moment. “Well there was this fifth year girl who tried to flirt with me and I, errm…”

“You stole from a girl who tried to flirt with you?” Jongdae asked incredulously.

“No, of course not!” he replied quickly. “I sort of told her I really had to go somewhere but if she could lend me that pretty lipstick she uses I could look at it and be reminded of her whenever I wanted a taste…” Jongin trailed off, looking terribly embarrassed.

“You. Are a ridiculous er. A smooth, actually semi-intelligent er.” Jongin grinned sheepishly.

“But problem is Baekhyun-hyung kind of overheard and I’m kind of scared about what he’s going to do to me.”

“You know,” Jongdae said in mock-thoughtfulness, “you might actually be related to me after all.”

Jongin punched Jongdae on the shoulder as Jonghyun walked up to them, the usual package from their parents in his arms.

 


 

“I can’t believe it, I can’t believe him!” Baekhyun exploded, flopping down onto his bed.

“Believe who?” Luhan asked as he walked over to sit down next to him.

“Jongin!”

“Why, what did he do?”

Baekhyun let out a scream in frustration. "You know what he said to Tiffany?!" Baekhyun hurls his pillow into the opposite bed. "Lend me that pretty lipstick you use-- so I could be reminded of your sweet taste even when we're apart-- THAT PIECE OF !"

Luhan sits with his legs crossed, placidly watching his best friend throw his huge tantrum.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HIM!" Baekhyun concludes,  flopping down on his trashed bed with a loud huff. "Who does he think he is??"

Luhan yawns. "Does it matter?"

"OF COURSE IT MATTERS! I'M-- I'm his--..."

"Nobody," luhan finishes, observing him with a tilted head. "Exactly."

"Exactly, " Baekhyun echoes before huffing and flailing wildly in his bed one last time. "I hate him," he pouts.

 

 

Jongin looks over her shoulder, catching Baekhyun’s horrified eyes. And he returns the gaze, unwavering, and mocking, watching Baekhyun’s distraught expression as he runs his fingertips along her neck, brushing her long curled hair over her shoulder. And then he leaned in to capture her lips with his eyes still trained on Baekhyun.

“NO!” Baekhyun gasps, shooting up straight amongst his beautiful array of crumpled sheets and random pillows flung all around his bed in his distress.

Luhan, in the midst of straightening his tie, catches Baekhyun’s radiant purple hair shooting up and jumps about a foot in the air. “JESUS ING CHRIST BAEKKIE, WHAT THE ?”

Baekhyun, in all his daze, whips his head around to stare at him. “Lulu I think I’ve had another vision.”

Luhan flops back down onto his bed, searching amongst the mess of his bed for socks.

Baekhyun crawls to the edge of his bed. “No seriously Lulu, I swear they’re visions. I can feel my inner seer tingling.”

“What is it this time?” Luhan answers from the other side of his bed, peering under it for those goddamn socks.

“So I was walking along the corridor, holding this huuuuge venomous tentacula plant, and--”

Luhan slaps a hand over his eyes, half-way to slipping back into sleep before Baekhyun jumps up and violently shakes him.

“AND THEN THEY STARTED KISSING. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. WHILE I WAS BEING STRANGLED BY VENOMOUS TENTACULA.” Baekhyun flops back onto his bed and groans. “PAINFUL EMBARRASSING DEATH. How will I avoid my fortune if it’s unavoidable?”

Luhan yawns, blinking unintelligently. “....If it’s unavoidable, you can’t… avoid… it…?”

“Exactly! I’m going to die being strangled by a plant while watching Jongin make out with Tiffany! This is the worst way to possibly go!”

Baekhyun grumpily slips his clothes on in a haphazard manner, with endless ruffles and creases in his shirts and a crooked tie. Though he doesn’t seem to mind for once -- Luhan had attempted to smooth down his purple birds nest hair-- upon trodding into the Great Hall, his eyes land on Jongin, and he immediately launches himself towards him, wrapping his arms around him from behind so hard he nearly knocks poor Jongin into the cereal bowl.

“JONGIN-AH DON’T DO IT”

Jongin splutters, and though he doesn’t exactly face-plant into his cereal, his face is splattered with drops of milk from knocking into his bowl. “Morning hyung.” Jongin reaches for a napkin to wipe his face without even needing to look at the clingy koala on his back. Who else could it possibly be? “Don’t do what?”

“Don’t let me die being strangled by a weed,” Baekhyun mumbles softly into his back.

Jongin hums, and tries to continue eating his cereal with Baekhyun clinging onto him, but instead, he manages to sit down on the same chair as him with his legs on either side of Jongin’s. “Don’t let me dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“You won’t die Baekhyun hyung--”

“But I had a VISION, Jonginnie, A VISION!”

“What vision?”

“A dream. A vision of the dream.” When Jongin doesn’t respond, Baekhyun simply resumes wailing. “I’VE BEEN BURDENED BY THE SEEING EYE WHY MUST LIFE PAIN ME WITH THIS CURSE”

Then, he nuzzles against Jongin’s back and doesn’t say anything more.

And Jongin doesn’t mind him-- in fact, it wouldn’t be inaccurate to say he’s somewhat used to it. So instead, he talks to his Jonghyun hyung for a while before Baekhyun started to subtly kiss the nape of his neck.

 


 

Jongdae shakes his head and smoothes the stray strands of dark hair away from his eyes as he struggles to comprehend the list of ingredients in his advanced potion making textbook. He couldn't find it in himself to move past "two skins of gutted frogs" so he slowly shuts the book and presses two fingers to his temples.

Even so, flashes of the taste of Minseok's lips invades his senses, and the feeling of the boy’s lips against his begin to dizzily spin his head.

With a loud groan, he drops his head into his folded arms, not bothering with the half-finished potion bubbling out of his cauldron as the elves busily clean it away.

So instead, Jongdae asks for a cup of hot chocolate as he ponders over his sudden headaches.

His head continues to replay the memories jitteringly in his head, refusing to let him forget how Jongdae had nipped at Minseok's bottom lip-- and it's like Jongdae could almost still taste the elder’s blood, masking the sweetness of his lips.

He remembers his eyes seeking out Minseok at lunch, finding him with a large angry, red splotch of dried blood on his lips.

And especially when Jongdae finds himself lying in bed with the moon weakly streaming into his dorm thoughts of Minseok's lips resurface out of nowhere and he's doomed to yet another endless, sleepless night.

Chanyeol only watches as his best friend chugs down vials of invigorating potion Jongdae brews himself every morning in the kitchens. Maybe Jongdae's excessive intelligence has finally toppled him over?

Maybe I have a lip , Jongdae comes to this conclusion in a moment of epiphany in his muggle studies lesson. Because after all there was that lipstick prank that he had originally found ingenius and is now beginning to regret.

So Jongdae turns to stare at his best friend's lips, watching Chanyeol's full lips until even Chanyeol, who had a block of wood for a brain, noticed. Upon Chanyeol staring with utmost judgement back at Jongdae, the latter turns back around in his seat, shaking his head.

Nope, apparently not a lip .

That still, however, doesn't explain his newfound interest in Minseok's lips, the incessant return of the memories of crashing his lips upon Minseok's to haunt him.

 
 
 

A/N: hello~ sorry this is so late, i was going to post this much earlier oops.........

anyway yeah also sorry this is so shorttttt i cri but i know for a fact that there's a bunch of longer xiuchen coming up after this soooo.....

anyway. thank you all for being lovely again!

~bunny