Chapter 19-Halloween PT.2

H-POP

Pairing(s); xiuchen

Rating/Notes; PG I think


 

Minseok’s still giggling a little, arm looped around one of Jongdae’s. “Do you think Kris will be okay?” he asks, the entrance hall coming into view.

“He should be,” Jongdae grins, the corners of his lips quirking up, eyes lingering on Minseok’s profile.

“I know I shouldn’t really be saying this, but that was fun.”

“Right??” Jongdae cackles. “Of course it would’ve been great. I designed it, afterall.”

Minseok whips his face around to stare at the t-rex boy. “You did??”

“Yeah,” Jongdae waves a dismissive hand in Minseok’s direction. “The ropes and . I made the stuff. But that was the easy bit.”

Jongdae grimaces a little. Extracting the spells from the Weasley’s Headless Hat cost him more sleep than he’d ever admit to anyone else.

“That’s so cool,” Minseok breathes, staring unabashedly.

“What is?”

“That you made all of it! I thought you got it from Zonkos. Or the Weasley’s.”

“Oh,” Jongdae shrugs. “I just went to see how they did it and then sort of did my own thing.”

“You’re insane,” Minseok whispers after a short silence, Jongdae turning to blink at him with raised brows.

“I am?”

“In the incredibly good way.”

Jongdae can feel his ears start reddening, lifting a hand to rub the back of his neck in an attempt to hide it. “Oh um yeah thanks,” he mumbles, blinking rapidly.

Minseok’s hold on Jongdae’s other arm tightened marginally when his stomach suddenly gives a particularly loud rumble. “Ahh dammit I’m hungry.”

Jongdae laughs. “Would you like lunch early?” he pats Minseok’s cute little stomach, already leading him down to the kitchens. The boy stiffens ever so slightly at the petting, but doesn’t question much, too eager to follow Jongdae and plonk in a seat, watching Jongdae greet the house elves who scurry off to cook.

Happily gazing up at Jongdae like a little child, Minseok pats the seat next to him, and Jongdae chuckles, taking a seat and staring at him.

“So, since when have you been inventing cool prank traps?”

Jongdae shrugs. “Since always. Well. For ages anyway.”

Jongdae tells Minseok about one of the first ones, where Jongdae made a hole-thing on the edge of Jongin’s bed, and when he rolled over, the poor seven year old at the time had ended up plonked in a muddy garden bed with no ing clue where he was in the middle of the night. Or that time Jonghyun tried to magic away Jongdae’s entire room, but Jongdae came back at him by making everything in Jonghyun’s room turn into cockroaches at any touch and made his life a lot more hellish than what Jonghyun did.

Minseok’s laughing, hand over his mouth, when Jongdae tells him about how Jonghyun flopped down on his bed, and Jongdae next door heard series of screaming in increasing pitch when Jonghyun tries grabbing something to kill the insects but everything turns into just more cockroaches.

“Boy you must’ve gotten in loads of trouble as a kid!” Minseok giggles, Jongdae contentedly gazing at him.

“Haha yeah. Is that… a bad thing?”

“Depends on which way you look at it,” Minseok shrugs, swinging his dangling legs a little.

Jongdae peers at him curiously. “Like what?”

“Well for one, you got into lots of trouble as a kid. But on the other hand, you are now a pranking mastermind!”

“Oh,” Jongdae grins, shrugging. “That’s whatever.”

“Your parents must’ve had their hands full.” Minseok chuckles shortly, smiling softly, eyes distancing momentarily—so quickly Jongdae isn’t sure whether it was his imagination, or if Minseok’s eyes really did glaze over a little.

“Kind of…” he trails off, eyeing him. “Are you…?”

Minseok blinks, eyes flicking back to Jongdae, smiling wide. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Jongdae’s brows knit together, curving up his forehead, peering at him in uncertainty.

Minseok nods, smiling sweetly. “Yeah, just got a bit sidetracked.” Jongdae nods, and Minseok glances around for something to change the topic with before the beautiful smell of food wafts into the room, and the elves totter in, carrying plates and plates of steaming food and Minseok dies a little on the inside. He claps his hands in excitement like a toddler, immediately taking a huge bite out of one of the large pies, cheeks bulging.

Jongdae laughs, his cheeks, giggling with the corners of his mouth curved up and the corners of his eyes crinkling.

Minseok gives a muffled cry of indignation, stuffing half the pie in Jongdae’s face too, the latter momentarily spluttering and choking, pausing to chew through it. “Yah!”

Minseok swallows, glaring. “I’m older than you.”

“And?”

Minseok grabs a fork, spearing a whole potato and points it at Jongdae. “You have no right to ‘yah’ me.” He shoves the potato in his mouth.

“You don’t look like it, you don’t act like it, and I’m pretty sure we’ve established that some things happen regardless of age,” Jongdae ticks off, smirking.

Minseok glares at him for a moment. Then Jongdae has a whole potato shoved in his mouth too.

“Serves you right,” he giggles, eating at a more respectable pace, occasionally feeding Jongdae off his fork. “Chew,” Minseok pokes Jongdae’s very bony jaw, the latter simply staring at him with the food accumulating in his cheeks.

Minseok grins, watching the younger painstakingly slowly chew through his food.

“Heh. You’re like a baby.”

Jongdae instantly scowls.

“Aww, little Jongdae,” Minseok coos with that weird voice you put on to talk to small children. “Here, say ahh~” Jongdae pouts, slapping him away, Minseok throwing his head back to laugh. “And you call me the cute one.”

“You are.” Jongdae watches Minseok eat the spoonful he attempted to feed Jongdae, before pouncing and squishing his cheeks together, with the same annoying baby voice. “Nawww so cuteee little baby Minseokkie.”

Minseok glares, flailing.

Jongdae pokes his nose, raising one eyebrow. “Stay still. Moving around isn’t good for digestion.” He saw the opportunity and he took it, shoving a large tomato in Minseok’s mouth, grin splitting his lips.

Minseok jerks backward, cheeks puffed, almost falling out of his chair. Jongdae extends a hand to help him up, which Minseok takes, before Jongdae tackles him, tickling his sides.

With a squeal, Minseok tips off his chair, dragging Jongdae down with him, the latter landing with a grunt on Minseok, who rolls around, giggling. “J-Jongdae you’re going to make me puke!”

Jongdae lets go of him, breathlessly chuckling—though Minseok manages to calm down from his giggling fit, looking up into Jongdae’s eyelashes, and registering their ridiculous lack of distance, and that he’s holding onto Jongdae’s wrists on either side of his chest.

Jongdae’s eyes widen, scrambling to get off him but forgets to let go of him, somehow landing himself on Minseok’s chest before rapidly untangling himself to slump onto the floor next to him. “Sorry, sorry, sorry—ow, ow… you okay?”

“Yeah,” Minseok says, slightly breathlessly. “It’s—it’s okay.”

Jongdae dusts himself off in silence, scrambling off the floor to give him a hand, watching as Minseok wordlessly clears the rest of the plates, pocketing an apple for later. He spares Minseok a glance before clearing his throat, and hurrying out, the elder following after him, thanking the elves.

“I’ll… um…” Jongdae turns around to glance behind his shoulder, half-turning as he speaks. “walk you to your common room?”

“S-sure thing.” Minseok mumbles back, trudging along in silence until the Hufflepuff common room door is in sight, and yet neither stop until they’re right in front of the painting, Minseok nibbling on his lip anxiously. “Well um. Today was fun.”

Jongdae smiles, nodding in agreement, until Minseok glances up through his bangs and throws his arms around him in a little squish hug. Jongdae’s tongue solidifies, his entire being freezing up, blinking at an inhuman rate.

Minseok lets go almost immediately, hurrying into his common room with a quiet “bye”, coming face to face with Joonmyeon rising from his armchair and peering at him.

“Who was that?”

“What?”

Joonmyeon takes off his reading glasses, nodding at the door. “Who was that just now?”

“Jongdae?”

“Jongdae? Kim Jongdae? Again?”

Minseok frowns. “What’s wrong with Jongdae?”

“He’s just…” Joonmyeon sits back down, folding his book back up. “I just tell you to be careful of him. You never listen do you.”

“Look, he’s not even that bad!” Minseok retorts, ignoring Jongdae’s seemingly on-and-off kindness versus prankster ways.

“You’ll end up falling in one of his childish pranks eventually though.”

Too late for that. “It’s not like the boy’s a heartless maniac who only enjoys pranking people, he has normal feelings too you know. You just don’t like him because he doesn’t wear his school tie and doesn’t button up his shirt to the top button and isn’t in bed by 10.”

Joonmyeon eyes him very, very carefully.

Minseok huffs. “I’m going to do some homework.”

 

 

Earlier in the day, Zitao, fourth year Hufflepuff, was simply wandering the corridors, getting back to his dorm after his daily Quidditch practice right after lunch when he saw it.

Something hung from the ceiling in the middle of the Charms corridor.

Zitao dropped his broomstick. Green robes… dragon skin leather shoes… gold belt buckle engraved with a W… he would know that pair of long legs anywhere.

Zitao screamed at the top of his voice, all the portraits groan in complaint, and passed out.

 

Zitao comes to hours later, slumped in a sofa in the Hufflepuff common room, and the first thing his eyes fall on is Minseok, sitting at the coffee table opposite him, quill scratching against parchment.

“Hyung!!” Zitao sits bolt upright, startling his hyung so bad Minseok draws an accidental line down the parchment. “KRIS WAS KILLED!”

“What.”

“KRIS, YOU KNOW, THE REALLY ATTRACTIVE, HOT SLYTHERIN? HE WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD!”

Minseok blinks.

“HE WAS HANGING IN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR—No, HALF OF HIS BODY WAS HANGING IN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR, THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE—ON THE WALLS, ON THE CARPET—why’re you laughing??”

Minseok is bent over his essay, face in his hands, howling.

“Oh sweet Dumbledore Jongdae is a genius,” is the only thing Minseok says before dissolving into another ten minutes or so of cackling.

 


 

This is generally what happened. We got to the part where Zitao screamed like a little girl and passed the out right?

So the charms class that was on heard him, and Professor Flitwick ran out the best he could to take a look just as the bell went. The rest of the class, as well as other students, pooled around the ‘remains of Kris’ corpse’—because not only did Jongdae silence him, he also put an immobilising curse on him, so the blonde simply hung there, inwardly screaming curses, as some students around him started speculating, some started crying and some ran away for the head master.

The professor was like 80% certain this was a prank, because no way in hell—but at the same time, he recognised none of the spells Jongdae had hand-crafted and invented out of nothing, but in reality, all simple spells but mashed together quite spectacularly, and even if he tried to sever the rope to get the ‘dead body’ on the ground, the rope wasn’t breaking. So he stayed standing there, looking up in utter confusion at the slowly rotating half-body of Kris Wu—he can tell it wasn’t really cut in half, the cross-section of the body would be visible, and from below, it wasn’t, and it wasn’t dripping blood either.

By the time Professor McGonagall swept into the corridor, everyone parting around her like the red sea, Professor Flitwick shared a single look with her, and she pursed her lips.

She may not know exactly how Jongdae vanished Kris’ half-body, or how he made such a rope, or where he got the blood from, but there are some things she could guess.

As soon as she attempted to lift the silencing spell, a series of roars erupt from the headless figure, and if most of the students haven’t left already, they ran off screaming at this.

McGonagall pressed a finger to her temple.

“Kim Jongdae.”

They soon find out that upon attempting to vanish the blood from the carpet (which is actually a transfigured mattress, which is why they can’t just syphon it off) they reveal the message Jongdae oh-so-kindly left for them.

Happy early Halloween!

 


 

A/N: So we've literally JUST decided on the various Professors LOL so in the past we've been just saying 'the professor' well now we've put name to them so. lol sorry about putting off the professors for so long.

this is part 2 of Jongdae's halloween adventures, there is more to come closer to actual halloween, so look forward to that!

~bunny