Chapter 3- The New Seeker

H-POP

Pairing; Baekkai

Rating/Warnings; PG, probably an innuendo and mentioning of somewhere

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Jongin?”

Kim Jongin froze.

“Jongin-ah,” his dorm mate whispered again, sitting up in bed, the back of his hand coming up to rub the sleep from his eyes. “What the crap, Jongin, what time is it?? Who wakes up at this hour??”

“Sorry,” Jongin whispered, careful not to wake up the rest of the boys in the room who were still snoring into their pillows. “Quidditch practise.”

“Oh yeah,” Kim Jonghyun managed out, jaws open wide in a highly attractive yawn. “I forgot all about that—how is that you got in and I didn’t??”

Kim Jongin was still teetering in uncertainty with the manner of response towards his brother’s unintentionally offended tone when a loud plop signalled Jonghyun to have fallen into the arms of his pillow and bed sheets once more.

Jongin shrugged once, and casually headed out the dorm.

****************

Jongin felt like he’d only just opened his eyes to the world.

The boy was like, stunning.

He had his purplish-wine maroon hair fluffed in the iest manner, perfectly matching the thin dark hazel of his eyeliner across the curve of his smiling eyes. His thin, rosy lips stretch into a polite smile as he passed by student after beckoning student in the hallway, sometimes raising an unbelievably delicate hand to wave.

“…Who the …” he whispered, not bothering to run his tongue over his dry lips.

A hand was laid on his shoulder, and not a moment later, another arm from his other side is slung across his shoulders. “Byun Baekhyun? How do you not know him?” There goes a massively gummy smile flashed at him. Of course Kim Jongin knew him—the guy was hard to ignore when he happened to play chaser on the Quidditch team in Jongin’s house. “Lee Hyukjae.” The boy introduced himself

“Anyway—he’s like the most sought after in the entire school.” Jongin whips his head around to face the second beater. “Lee Donghae.”

Jongin narrows his eyes, scanning over countless heads now beginning to clog around the petite male, who was making no effort at pushing away their groping hands. “…I can tell.” He gritted out. “Now why the hell is like half the school population even up at like 5 A.M?”

Donghae laughed. “Guys and girls alike—he’s got quite the reputation.” He nodded in the direction of the castle steps, where the students were crowded, the noise carrying all the way to where Jongin stood with the rest of his new team on the pitch. “You see right there.”

“Yeah—apparently he’s a lovely er.”

Jongin’s jaw dropped open, wide eyes fixed on the seemingly innocent boy now crossing over the small stretch of grass towards them, leaving the castle behind. Now that was something Jongin really didn’t know.

“Hyukkie, you can’t expect everyone to know him unless word about ing him has reached them, or they’ve been lucky enough to get the opportunity themselves.” Donghae stated matter-of-factly, before turning to the newest addition to the Quidditch team, smiling warmly. “Though I’m sure if you go to the back of the library every Thursday you might see for your—”

“Sorry I’m late!!” Baekhyun panted, a bright smile plastered on his face as he jogged up to the team. “Did I miss anything?” Jongin didn’t fail to notice how Baekhyun’s pretty chocolate eyes swam over every face in the gathered team, and happens to easily skip past his own.

He frowned, not understanding the selling point of this male (other than his beauty)—he seemed pretty much kind of a .

“Oh yeah—Jongin, I’m sure you know Byun Baekhyun.” Changmin was saying. But when Baekhyun turned to face Jongin, his radiant smile wobbled the slightest. “He plays chaser—Baekhyun, this is Kim Jongin, our newest seeker.”

It’s was debatable whether the slight dip of Jongin’s head towards the smaller male coincidentally made him miss the way Baekhyun’s eyes swarm over Jongin’s body.

When Jongin straightened up, however, Baekhyun had already kicked off into the air—he witnessed the boy hurl a quaffle easily through the unguarded middle hoop, and turn back to the team still on the ground, shouting at them to literally ‘move their asses faster’.

Jongin was sweeping judgmental eyes over the team when he’d gotten into the air—the goals were left unguarded, Changmin busy trying to tickle Amber to falling off her broom; the remaining two chasers were competing over who had the larger bicep muscles (Jongin almost chokes scoffing—the two pretty as guys trying to be manly was part pitiful and the rest hilarious); and the beaters didn’t need to be mentioned—they were zooming around, pulling faces at each other and snipping the tail twigs of Changmin’s broom while he was distracted.

But as soon as Luhan, first to grab the quaffle, started speeding towards the isolated goal posts, Jongin was almost knocked off his broom with the flurry of how things its axis. Changmin lunged, easily catching what could’ve been an easy score for Luhan. Amber, being next closest, made a grab for the ball, hurling it across to Baekhyun—and Jongin was momentarily stunned at her strength. He now saw the reason behind the only girl on the team.

But because it was Baekhyun, his robes flying out behind him, his fluffy maroon bangs flying off his face as he urged himself on, petite form bent over his broom, Jongin’s eyes followed him, dumb-struck, and positively shrieked in both shock and pain when something hard collides into his back and laughter fills his ears.

Donghae streaked past, chocolate hair messed and mouth open in silent laughter at his misery. “Watch out, slacker!” he mocked with a tut and a waggle of his finger before he swung his bat for his next victim.

Jongin gulped and rose into the air, out of the rest of the team’s way. He no longer held any misgivings about the team—instead he could now easily see how they’ve won the cup for as many years as Jongin had been at Hogwarts.

This team was ing scary.

****************

“You look like you had fun.”

Jonghyun was yawning at the Gryffindor table.

“It’s—” he held up a finger, signalling another on-coming stretch of his mouth behind a hand. “—all your fault. Inconsiderate prick.”

“Excuse me??” Jongin feigned irritation, gaping, smacking his ‘friend’ on the bicep, earning him an ear-piercing shriek.

“Next time you’re up at freaking three in the morning, don’t bang around like a blinded dragon and start acting like what you’d expect from a seeker.”

Hearing his new title still struck the warmth of pride into Jongin’s chest.

Jonghyun looked at him, and made a disgusted face, with a lovely complementing expression. “Eugh, look at you—why am I spoon-feeding your ego?”

Jongin grinned at the boy literally with a label hanging off him as ‘rich’ in what he knew was a ‘vomit-inducing’ sweet-smile as Jonghyun put it—the boy was radiating a wealth not too many people were familiar with.

Kim Jonghyun, simply put, was about one-sixth leprechaun. It was cool whenever they went broke.

A side-effect from having wind whipping straight into sleep-deprived eyes was that now he was exhausted—miracle what being chased by two bludgers could do to someone. He’d actually caught the snitch, smiling in pride, when he was hit full on the shoulder, causing him to drop the snitch again as he clutched his injured body part.

Then it took him another ten minutes until he ended the game.

He forever cursed Hyukjae.

Jonghyun wasn’t making things better. “How was the team? Changmin wasn’t too hard on you, was he?” Jongin understood where his brother was going. Changmin had a reputation as keeper and captain—one of the best, apparently, but which came with his pushing on his team. “And Hyuk-Hae?”

Jongin snorted attractively in laughter. “They were fun…maybe.”

Jonghyun laughed. “You should see them in matches—they are totally awesome. Them and Luhan—that massively pretty deer boy—who are like literally fawned over by half the school… and then we have the entire school completely over Baekhyun.” Jonghyun shook  his head in amusement. “Consider yourself lucky, mate, on the dream flower team—Amber’s been turning girls lesbian for all the four years she’s been here—anyone would die to be in your place.”

Jongin inwardly agreed.

“I mean, you’re not so bad yourself—” Jongin found the energy to whack his brother with the particularly hard bagel he’d been trying to chew through for five minutes now.

He should perhaps ask Jonghyun for flying goggles for his birthday.

For brothers of closer age, Kim Jongin and Kim Jonghyun were so starkly different, yet so much closer. Jonghyun was older than Jongin by around eleven months, and technically meant to be in fifth grade, a year above his current year, with the third, oldest brother of the three, Kim Jongdae. But coming as a package as part leprechaun comes with its cons.

The Great Hall was packed, students filing in from every corner of the school for breakfast before class. Jongin had just gotten back from his very first, unforgettable, Quidditch practise; showered and changed and teetering on the edge of the looming possibility of falling head first asleep in lovely History of Magic.

But then the particular head of whipping wine-red hair came flashing back, and Jongin finds the hidden ability within him to blink back the sleep from his eyes.

Byun Baekhyun—intelligent, impossibly hot and ing prettier than half the girls in the entire school and, ironically, the ‘bad boy’ image on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

The definition of perfect for the majority of the student population.

****************

Baekhyun drummed his hands on his thighs, boredom settling into his muscles, eyes distant, not really looking at the flickering fire in the Gryffindor common room.

Jongin had sped up to his dorm the moment he arrived back—Baekhyun was held up. Again.

If it wasn’t for that Ravenclaw who forced a heated make-out session in the broom closet Baekhyun would’ve like to have maybe taken a last look at Jongin—he found the boy pretty appealing. Enticing his hormones.

Or just straightforwardly attractive. Kind of hot. y.

Baekhyun tapped the tips of his fingers on his chin, wondering if Jongin had abs the same chocolate as the rest of his skin.

He shrugged—he’d seen the most impressive of toned muscles, but it wasn’t easy denying he found the new addition to the team strikingly eye-catching.

He shuddered, shrugging again, as if to rid himself of any more thoughts and happily sauntered down to breakfast.

Perhaps Kim Jong number three would still be there.

And yet, infamous Byun Baekhyun, god of the entire school, wanted in the beds of almost the entire population, was to be disappointed when he pranced down the length of the Gryffindor table to see no handsome tanned boy still eating.

****************

Shim Changmin scowled at Baekhyun, once upon arrival through the dorm door.

He giggled, batting his eyes at his team captain, throwing both hands up in fake innocence. “What did I do?”

“You came late.”

“Not my problem~” Baekhyun sang. None of the other four asked what he originally was meant to have sung to that—he’d morphed his voice, squeaking it into a damn little y voice, letting no one have the fortune of listening to his original dreamy vocals. “I don’t ca-a-a-a-are~”

Jung Yunho was cackling on his bed, rolling around in his sheets at the look on the Gryffindor keeper’s face.

Choi Minho, two beds from him, stared at the boy with a vague disdain—obviously unable to believe the boy seized in a laughing fit happened to present himself as ‘the cool’ Gryffindor prefect.

Changmin, however, did not seem any more impressed when the pretty Gryffindor chaser Luhan, the middle bed, sat up after calming his laughter and sang along to 2NE1. In comparison to the diva, his voice was angelic.

“Oh Changmin,” Yunho chuckled before motioning for the boy still standing at the doorway to sit down on his respective bed. “Don’t look like such a sour lemon—you just can’t help it when you’re Byun Baekhyun.”

That, however, Changmin appeared to agree to.

The whole school knew of it—the constant stream of people throwing themselves at Baekhyun.

The guys liked a good one-night thing, finding Baekhyun’s femininity attractive.

The girls liked his cuteness, while both his popularity and natural hard-to-get air posed a ‘challenge’ many were more than willing to take down.

Add his good looks, with his fluffy vibrant purple hair, beautiful soft skin, cute radiant smile and undeniably alluring body, Byun was the perfect fit for the role of officially best desired in the student population—or, in less sugared words: the ultimate .

“Yeah, captain,” this particular, ‘innocent faced’ boy said in a sing-song voice, flipping his hair. “Ah, what can I do… it’s hard, dealing with the tears after you turn them down. So my policy: always try to fit in a really quick little—”

“Okay no more Baek.” Minho snapped.

Baekhyun chuckled.

Changmin sighed, shrugging. “Oh whatever—but I suppose it was only that one particular practise, since we had Jongin joining and everything.”

“Oh yeah,” Baekhyun perked up, sitting up straight in his bed. Though his eyes were distant, fixed on the stars in the navy blue sky just out the window adjacent his bed, his voice betrayed his disinterested act. “Anyone else here thinks he’s hot?”

His tone was entirely and completely casual, as if he totally wasn’t fantasizing about certain things involving certain guys. But when Luhan piped up with a loud ‘ME’, giggling, Baekhyun turned from his window view, to start to openly discuss Jongin’s ‘perfectly sculpted figure that he showed off especially when he flies’, the other three in the dorm putting their heads together in a conversation about much more normal things, like recent Quidditch matches.

Baekhyun didn’t bother lowering his volume with these things—his friends were much too used to it. There was this one time when he sneaked some dude into his bed, but they were too loud, and eventually thrown out by Yunho. Small talk about the new Gryffindor seeker’s iness didn’t bother anyone, until Baekhyun’s voice cut through their conversation, and Minho, Yunho and Changmin turned to stare, eyes wide.

“Like I mean, me,” Baekhyun had been saying, gesturing with his hands up and down his body as if he knew he was ing y. “How much do you wanna bet I’ll get into his pants in say… a fortnight?”

The silence was only broken with someone’s owl crashing on Baekhyun’s window. Turns out it wasn’t any of their owls anyway.

“Baekhyun,” Changmin cut in sharply through the silence that had settled again. “As much as I think that’s a lovely idea, I don’t want to risk my seeker being unable to sit on his broom—we have a match against Ravenclaw in a fortnight!”

“Ravenclaws are .” Baekhyun chortled. “Plus, I won’t him that hard, okay? Only the special ones get the rough stuff.”

Meanwhile, Minho was staring at the brunette, a look of horror slowly dawning on his face as seconds passed and the idea sunk into his brain at long last.

But eventually, Baekhyun had quite a bit of galleons on the bet, and went to sleep a smile on his face, dreaming of ruffled dark-chocolate locks, hazy lidded eyes and a fight between tongues.

****************

Byun Baekhyun hadn’t been in the common room in the early morning.

So Jongin almost thought it was destiny when he happened to make his way over to him at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

Byun Baekhyun was all eye-smiles, showing his rows of perfectly pearly teeth. “Hey Jongin!” he piped up.

Jongin whipped his head around, almost believing someone like Baekhyun had got be talking to another Jongin—him greeting just an average kid like himself was too much of a joke…

Baekhyun was laughing, tilting his head back the slightest. He reached up, poking Jongin gently in the chest, gaining his attention. Jongin froze, staring down at his hand, before looking up at the grinning face of the owner of the hand that was now rested flat on his chest.

“Lovely weather, eh?” Baekhyun chuckled, removing his hand slowly. “Anyway—Quidditch practise the day after tomorrow before dinner?”

It was more of a statement, just a simple notice, without the necessary question tint to it—it wasn’t like Jongin had any say in practise times.

But Jongin didn’t question Byun Baekhyun, especially when he passed by him, hand coming up once again to now rest innocently on his shoulder, the tips of his fingers close to brushing by his collar bones. Jongin turned his head to the side, but Byun Baekhyun only threw him a secretive, well-practised wink before he was off.

Jongin finally completed his intercepted way to his usual seat at the Gryffindor table, feeling hundreds of eyes on his every move.

“Dude,” his brother, Jonghyun, leaned in, whispering, eyes comically wide. “What the was that?”

It was hard to answer a question when you don’t know the answer yourself.

****************

With a loud grunt, the person Jongin had crashed into fell to the floor with a thud.

“Oh, sorry,” Jongin quickly bowed, apologising. He bent down, grabbing the boy by his wrists and hauled him up, only to stop dead at the dazzling smile flashed his way.

“Hey Jongin!” Byun Baekhyun piped, dusting off his robes.

“….Baekhyun?” at this, the purple-haired just burst into an even wider grin. He’d gathered up his books that he’d dropped when Jongin ran straight into him around a corner when the growing sounds of a great parade of people were heard just down the corridor.

“,” Baekhyun breathed, before flashing him an apologetic smile. “As much as it’s lovely bumping into you here, I better run, they’re coming for me—I haven’t got time for a quick round of bathroom , you see?” and with that, Baekhyun curled his lips up in another radiant smile and quickly dashed off, locks of silky hair flying as he ran.

Jongin gaped open-mouthed after him. He knew he was ‘desirable’ in Hogwarts standards, but that, to that extent he found a bit excessive.

He couldn’t help but take note, however, how none of the noisy people in the corridor actually ran around the place looking for Baekhyun, as the brunette had predicted himself.

****************

 “Frolicking Fanged Geraniums,” Jongin drawled, voice monotone of reciting the stupid password.

The painting swung forwards, as it should, and Jongin clambered awkwardly through the painting hole.

Not even two seconds after the moment he poked his head in the Gryffindor common room that he almost, once again, crashed head-on with a particular purple-haired grinning boy.

“Jongin!” Baekhyun gasped, looking pleasantly surprised. “Oh my, I’m so sorry! I didn’t expect you to have come out like at that time!”

“Oh no, no worries,” Jongin waved him off, climbing fully into the common room, and giving Baekhyun space to the exit.

But Byun Baekhyun stood there a few more moments, staring at him, the corner of his lip tweaked up.

“….Byun?” Jongin ventured, both afraid of upsetting and desperate for him to break the eye-contact. It was awkward as heck.

It was one of those times where he didn’t know whether to be feel honoured Byun Baekhyun was staring at him or cautious that Byun Baekhyun was staring at him.

“Sorry Jongin-ah. Just thinking how hot you’d look with perhaps light brown eyes…” Baekhyun hummed a little, grinning almost enough so that his closed lips don’t contain it. Jongin wasn’t given time to gape at him—Baekhyun smoothly slid through the portrait hole a moment later.

****************

Baekhyun sighed. It was the fifth climb up to the Astronomy tower.

No, he wasn’t trying to ‘work-out’—he was pretty body-confident.

He just couldn’t go back to the Gryffindor common room after two seconds of exiting it. So he’d found something he could do. To kill time.

Of course he hadn’t been very purposeful when he’d exited the common room—he only did so to catch that y seeker with the dark hair and matching, alluring, dark eyes.

Baekhyun laughed to himself again at the resurfaced memory of the boy’s wide-eyed expression at his lame excuse to stare into his eyes.

“Bull,” he chuckled to himself. Bull—he looked about as hot as the fire of a phoenix with his dark eyes.

He had not a single idea where the ‘light brown eyes’ popped up from, but he stopped his climbing just for a quick pat on the back for being very smooth.

****************

 “ ,” Jongin chanted, running down the stairs, and almost falling face flat, his attention still on doing up the buttons on his white shirt.

He took one glance at the clock and groaned.

“Oh ,” he hissed, hopping towards the portrait hole, colliding with things as he attempted to pull on his boots and tie up the lace.

Quidditch. He was late. Changmin was going to kill him—especially with the first Quidditch match against Ravenclaw coming up in a few weeks.

Jongin scrambled clumsily through the portrait hole, and took off down the corridor, jumping down the stairs and into the Great Hall.

At first sight, he thought it was empty.

But a head of ruffled purple was lifted, and Baekhyun greeted him with drowsy eyes and an equally lopsided grin.

“Oh!” he smoothed out his hair, looking mildly embarrassed. “Hey Jongin—oh wow, they just left me here.” Byun Baekhyun pouted.

Jongin looked around. If there were people here, if the team had finished breakfast, no one but Baekhyun was left.

“Ugh,” Baekhyun groaned, lifting a hand and rubbing his eyes in what he hoped was a somewhat cute manner. “I’m so tired~”

Ah, Jongin’s mind pieced the puzzles together. How does one fall asleep at breakfast??

And even though he didn’t voice it, Baekhyun seemed to read his mind. “I slept at three in the morning oh my god,” he muttered, stifling a yawn. He really was tired, but three was nicely exaggerated.

Jongin’s eyes widened, and he took a seat opposite his senior. “Because of what?”

Baekhyun lifted his face from his hands, where he had planted it, and the inkling of a smirk tugged on the corner of his lips. And then, he threw Jongin a wink from across the table.

Jongin almost choked on the pumpkin juice he was drinking.

Oh yeah, OF COURSE. Jongin awkwardly cleared his throat and quickly guzzled down a piece of toast and half a plate of scrambled eggs. THAT.

He glanced up awkwardly at the other boy, who, to his utmost discomfort, was staring back at him, though softly smiling.

But it didn’t seem awkward at all for Baekhyun when he spoke.

“So since we’re both late, let’s go together!”

Jongin didn’t have much of a voice, Baekhyun clung to him by the arm and whisked him away.

Baekhyun was humming quietly, fingers grazing against the skin at Jongin’s forearm as casually as you could. He led him down the flights of stairs, before glancing up at him.

“Hey Jongin-ah?”

Startled at the call of his name, Jongin’s head jerked up, blinking. “…yeah?”

Baekhyun stopped at the foot of the stairs, and turned to him. Only when Baekhyun leant up, the tip of his tongue cutely sticking out just the slightest in concentration, that he released his grip on Jongin’s arm, only to have his fingers fumble around his collar.

Jongin jerked back, stunned, wide eyes trained on Baekhyun’s fingers.

Baekhyun pouted, and shuffles forward again, smoothing down what Jongin expected to have been a corner of his collar sticking up.

“Oh… thanks.” Jongin mumbled, turning to continue down to the Quidditch pitch.

Baekhyun grinned, showing a full set of his teeth even if Jongin didn’t have the chance to see it. He hurried after him, slowing down upon reaching Jongin’s side.

Jongin thought the rest of the walk was spent in rather, strangely, comfortable silence, too busy admiring the good weather to notice Baekhyun inching closer to him by every step. That was, until a brush against his hand jolted his attention.

Baekhyun grabbed his right hand in his two petite little ones, gaping, thumb running across his skin. Jongin pulled against him, blinking in shocked confusion.

Baekhyun held on his hand tightly, turning it over and running his thumb in circles on his skin. “Wow your hands are so rough, Jongin-ah,” he gaped, followed with his signature giggle as he looked up to meet his eyes.

Baekhyun’s eye-smile was stunning.

He giggled again, lips turned ‘shyly’ upward in a smile. “Jongin-ah… you’re staring.” Then Jongin doesn’t know why, but Baekhyun’s tongue darted out, wetting the corners of his lips.

Baekhyun found himself highly amused when Jongin hurriedly turned away, flustered.

_______________________________________________

A/N

BAEKKAI MWAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the story I have most done, and the final draft so far is more than 100 pages ;-; and I still have a bit to do

also this is the final chapter of the 'teasers'. So idk exactly when I'll be back. Maybe a week or two, maybe tomorrow ;) (don't look forward to it though) I need to work it all out for sure

hope you liked the chapter?

~Unicorn