Chapter 22- Hexaminations and Spelling tests

H-POP

Pairing(s); 100% seyeol bc we haven't had any in ages

Rating/Notes; PG aside from swearing? If any of thes segments have been posted before please tell me! Sometimes I forget things... alot...

What kinds of tests do they give witches ?
Hex-aminations and Spelling tests!


 

He was flying, high up above the clouds. He could faintly see the Quidditch pitch below him, and yet he wasn’t riding a broom.

Panicking, he flailed for a moment before his eyes fell on someone oh so familiar…

“Sehun?” Chanyeol reached out towards him, a grin already spreading across his face. “Sehun! What are you doing here?”

Sehun was smiling in his dazzling way, eyes crinkling into curves which Chanyeol found absolutely breathtaking.

He didn’t say anything, but reached out his long, smooth fingers, letting them caress Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol closed his eyes, leaning in so desperately into the touch he had been aching for for so long, feeling his heart soar as Sehun ran his thumb over Chanyeol’s skin.

He opened his eyes, and found Sehun’s face merely inches from his own. With every one of Sehun’s breaths against Chanyeol’s wet lips, his heart thudded three times faster. Eyes trained on Sehun’s parted lips, Chanyeol wasn’t quite aware of what happened next, only that he was cradling Sehun’s face in his palms, their lips pressing together gently….

“PARK CHANYEOL.”

Chanyeol shot upright in his seat, rapidly blinking. He squinted, focusing his sleep-blurred vision and gave a start— the Transfiguration Professor was glaring down at him.

His heart sank down to the pit of his stomach. It was all a dream.

“You seem to know extensively on the subject, Mr Park.” Chanyeol gave a sheepish roll of his shoulders. Honestly, he had just been dreaming about kissing his crush. Would anyone really care about Transfiguration at this point?

He let his eyes avoid the Professor’s, towards the corridor-side window, and he saw a familiar blonde head bobbing by. His heart lurched.

“So if you’d please, inform the class of how to turn the mouse into a bat.”

Chanyeol sighed, tearing his eyes away and cleared his throat.

“SO I THINK…” he paused, blinking in horror at the way his own voice, still echoing from the stone walls of the room. The people sitting near him were wincing and massaging their ears. His voice had boomed out, although his tone was nothing like that of hollering. His eyes darted to the head outside of the window, which had stopped and swivelled around, peeking around the door with a strange look on his face.

“WHY AM I SHOUTING?! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH MY VOICE?” He attempts to mutter to himself under his breath, but instead his voice rang up, amplified in the silence.

The professor shot him a disdainful look

“A simple sonorous charm, Mr Park, and ten points from Slytherin for swearing.”

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol yelled, flinging his arms in the air in just another of his extravagant hand gestures, voice twice as loud with his usually loud hollering. He looked over at Sehun, heart sinking down far past his feet and into the flaming cores of the Earth with the queer look he was receiving, his face turning beetroot red.

From next to him, a boy with tousled black hair and blue robes that hung limply off him was suppressing sniggers from behind a giant, upside-down textbook.

************************************************************

Chanyeol slapped Jongdae.

“I HATE YOU.”

Jongdae winced, massaging the shoulder that had already fallen victim to multiple strikes already, resulting in an angry red mark under his robes.

“I’m sorry!” he said for the hundredth time.

Chanyeol’s ears were sticking out remarkably more than usual, burning bright red in either lasting humiliation or anger. Or both.

“WITH WHAT YOU DID?! SORRY DOESN’T ING CUT IT!”

Chanyeol failed to notice the slightest ghost of Jongdae’s lips curling up.

“Well so~rry for totally embarrassing you in front of dear little Sehunnie, I didn’t know he was going to walk past at that moment.” Jongdae took one look at Chanyeol’s fuming face, and lets the laugh that had been bubbling in his throat burst out.

Jongdae didn’t know it was possible, but Chanyeol’s face grew even redder, though he was still uncertain whether this was from embarrassment or rage. He looked like he wanted to watch him get ripped apart by a giant. Or maybe his tall friend wanted to do the ripping himself—he could see Chanyeol’s clenched knuckles turning white.

However all Chanyeol seemed to manage was to slump down in a chair, head lolling back and stretching his long neck, a heavy, mournful sigh seeming to carry all his heavy burdens escaping his lips.

“Did you see the way he looked at me.”

“Oh. Not upset over ten points?”

Chanyeol snapped his head up, and Jongdae backed off into the wall behind him, utterly terrified of the way Chanyeol fixed him with what had to be the darkest glare he’d ever received.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Hey, it didn’t look that bad to me. He looked more shocked than anything.”

“It wasn’t shock, it was purely judgmental, pitying, withering—”

“Chanyeol, stop it. He didn’t look at you like that.”

Jongdae wasn’t normally the love-comforting type but his friend was calling for desperate measures. Love, Jongdae decided, seemed to become something of a life and death situation in the eyes of Park Chanyeol.

“Park Chanyeol, I’m ing telling you, he didn’t look at you like that! Sehunnie isn’t as judgemental as you make him out to be, Merlin. Stop being a sook and do something about it if you like him that much??” Jongdae huffed at him. “Help him out with something, redeem yourself, whatever.” Jongdae rolled his eyes, reached out and gently patted his best friend’s tall as shoulder. Then his eyes lit up so suddenly Chanyeol nearly jumped, but a large smile soon curved his lips. “Okay okay giant I’ve got it!”

Chanyeol squinted at him. “Another one of your plans? Come on Jongda—”

“No but the other night mum spoke to me through the mirror, because Jongin wouldn’t, and Jongin has a History of Magic test in a day or two.” Jongdae waited for understanding to cross Chanyeol’s face, but the taller still seemed as confused as ever. “Basically, 4th years have a History of Magic test in a few days.”

Now, Chanyeol’s smile stretched across his face, crazy orange locks bouncing around wildly as he nodded. 

 


 

Goblin rebellion… 1990… wait no that’s a giant war… the latest goblin rebellion was…

Oh Sehun whines, crazily ruffling his strikingly pale blonde hair.

He looks up, glancing around the library. Half the students in there were having a nice little chat, while the few Ravenclaws dedicated book worms sat scattered around and, well, noses buried in books. Then he sees a large pair of eyes peering at him from behind a book... then a head of orange curls quickly ducks, and Sehun covers his mouth with his fist to quieten his giggle.

Chanyeol quickly ducks down to sit on his behind a dangerously teetering pile of books that’s probably just staying in one pile with magic and steals a particularly large textbook from the shelf next to him and burying his face in it.

He peeks over the top of his book, only showing his eyes, watching as Sehun took his pretty little steps towards him…

And as soon as Sehun lifts his face to look at him, probably feeling his stare on him, he quickly ducks behind his book, holding it out infront of his face to “read it” (read: look intellectual) but not really seeing it.

“Chanyeol hyung?”

Chanyeol raises his head from his book in what he hoped was a cool, suave manner, painting a look of pleasant surprise on his face.

“Oh Sehun-ah! I didn’t see you there.”

“Oh really?” Sehun mused, tucking his hands into his pockets and running his tongue along his teeth in a way that doesn’t help Chanyeol’s wide-eyed staring. “Wouldn’t your charms textbook be more interesting to read opened?”

Chanyeol opened then closed his mouth, staring down in horror at the book he had been pretending to read closed for ten minutes while subtly eyeing Sehun’s movement towards him through the library from the corner of his eyes.

Noticing Chanyeol’s obvious fail with words, Sehun quickly adds, “Well I assumed someone would like to read the pages instead of the cover, but I don’t know, you might find the words ‘Achievements in Charming’ more than enrapturing I do, so…” he shrugs, before smiling down at him. "So what're you doing here?"

Chanyeol simply gestures vaguely towards the slightly toppling Charms books with an awkward laugh, clearing his throat. "What about you Sehun-ah? Studying for an exam?"

Sehun grimaces. "Yeah." Sehun gestures towards his table. In comparison to all the diligent students in the library, it could be counted utterly barren and empty. While other students prepping for tests had desks piled and littered with notes, Sehun’s only had a text book, some parchment and his ink well. He finds himself still holding his quill, even though he had gotten out of his seat to approach the older Slytherin. “Got a History of Magic test.”

Chanyeol smiles, though this time slightly shakily with his nerves. He hurriedly reaches in one of the many folds of his robes.

“Speaking of that… on my way here –where is it—I found… where did I put it??”

Sehun’s eyes were widening, watching Chanyeol begin to empty his pockets onto Sehun’s large, empty table. And Sehun finds himself a little stunned at all the things that were taken out. There's his wand, there's a map (?) of some sorts, a box of every flavour beans, and a handful of the jellybeans that have fallen out, a chocolate frog that looks a little... dusty from being in Chanyeol's pocket, an ink well (???), a vial of suspiciously orange liquid ('Jongdae needed me to carry it', Chanyeol muttered as an explanation as he took it out), and a bunch of cat hairs (?????).

AHA!” Chanyeol shouts victoriously, as if his normal voice wasn’t loud enough, pulling out a morsel of papers from his coat in a rather spectacular move.

He slams it down infront of Sehun’s textbook, looking pretty smug with himself.

“Ah yes, I was just heading down to the grounds when I saw this on the floor.” Chanyeol slides the papers towards Sehun. “Notes. On a history of magic test.” He sniffs. “Anyway, it seems like someone didn’t want them, so I thought you might like them…”

Chanyeol flashes him a quick, tight-lipped smile, before mumbling rather loudly (yet incoherently) about needing to meet up with Kim Jongdae for ‘serious business’ and sprinting out of the library with his long, long legs.

 

 

“Yo!” Chanyeol huffs, diving straight into a trick wall.

“Hey Chan! How’d it go?” Jongdae cheers.

“Oh I don’t know… I sort of ran out of there before I watched him open it…”

Jongdae clucks his tongue in disapproval, smacking his best friend on the shoulder.

Chanyeol yawns wide, trying to blink the sleep from his eyes. “I think I’ll catch up on my sleep…. I’ve never written notes for a test, it really is tiring. But anyway, now Sehunnie wouldn’t have to spend that effort writing up tedious notes he can just read over the ones I did for him~” he grins to himself.

Jongdae smiles watching him, rolling his eyes.

Jongdae!!!” Chanyeol cries, launching himself at his short friend and almost toppling the boy right over, looking giddily pleased. “I think he’s finally starting to notice me!!”

 

 

Sehun quickly folds open the parcel of paper, only for his frown to deepen the further he read down the pages.

“…….. We did witch hunting in third grade, Chanyeol hyung…”

 


 

“Hey Sehun-ah!!” Chanyeol jumps up from his seat in the Slytherin common room, spying Sehun climbing in.

“Oh hi hyung.” He smiles.

“How did your test go??”

“Mmm not bad, actually.”

“I thought so.” Chanyeol snickers. “Those notes I gave you helped didn’t they?”

“Actually they were all on witch hunting.”

Chanyeol blinks for a moment. “Isn’t your test on—?”

“Yeah no fourth years learn about goblin rebellions and giant wars.” Sehun grins, shrugging. “No wonder someone threw them away.” Sehun flashes another smile before hitching up his bag and leaving to head off to his dorm.

Chanyeol waits until he’s long gone before flopping back down in his seat and planting his face hard into his hands and groaning.

 


 

"Okay look you can't blame me for that, that's your fault for never paying enough attention in your classes to actually know what you should be learning about."

Chanyeol shoots his best friend a withering look. "You never pay attention in classes either," he mumbles miserably.

"Yeah but even though we were learning about witch hunting in third year I probably could've answered questions on goblins and giants anyway?"

Chanyeol curses Jongdae's ridiculous intelligence to the ends of the world and back.

 

 


A/N: HELLO SORRY FOR THE WAIT I was asking Unicorn to send me a seyeol for forever cos i have a xiuchen planned after this, but she wanted a seyeol before that. then i had to take matters into my own hands so i grabbed some drabbles and bits and pieces and put this together LMAO so if some of these scenes have been posted already PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL CHANGE IT

 

**NOTE: if you don't understand the mirrors Jongdae was talking about, it's the same two-way mirrors that Harry used with Sirius. The Kim Jong Fam uses many pairs of the two-way mirror, all members of the family have one; both parents and all 3 sons, so the brothers can 'call' each other as well. (which is what jongdae and jonghyun did when Jongdae was painting for halloween)

 

anyway. the xiuchen is coming shortly! it's one of my favourite chapters, so look forward to it ;)

~bunny