Chapter 16-Chocolate

H-POP

Pairing(s); Baekkai

Rating/Notes; quite PG? however we are not off hiatus! Sorry! May or may not have some smatterings of new updates but until November, we are still very much on hiatus!! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jongin slung his bag over his shoulder and strode out of the room, only to be met head-on with Byun Baekhyun.

“Oh hey Jongin!” he received a fleeting kiss on the cheek. “Funny running into you here.”

Yes it was very funny. Byun Baekhyun had just spent the past ten minutes combing the corridors, looking for Jongin’s class.

He thought he was a pretty good actor, if he said so himself.

The kisses always made Jongin so awkward. He remained silent before muttering a greeting. A normal greeting. “….Hi.”

“How was your lesson? What did you have?”

“Transfiguration.”

Baekhyun crinkled his nose. ”Don’t like Transfiguration.”

“Why not?”

“It’s booooring.” Baekhyun whined still pouting.

Jongin shrugged. “I like it.”

“Do you? Are you good at it?”

“Well I wouldn’t say I’m that good…” Jongin’s mind all of a sudden took him back to back in the garden of his parent’s house one summer, all three brothers with their wands drawn and watching their mother intently as she explained.

That day Jongdae had turned a rock into a giant arachnid, which then killed Jonghyun’s clusters of pet cockroaches. Jonghyun had transformed a tree branch into an even bigger finch to eat Jongdae’s spider.

Jongin, himself, had simply sat on his in fright, feeling like even more of a failure after unsuccessfully trying to convert a pebble into anything.

Jongin, of course, had improved so much since that time (a few years back)—but so had his brothers. His parents had never expect him to catch up to his brothers anyway.

“I just think it’s kind of fun.” Jongin said instead, shrugging.

“Can you show me?” Baekhyun was saying as he led him out to the grounds.

“Ehh no thanks.”

“Aww why not?” he pouted.

“I don’t think I’m that good. Ask Jonghyun anytime.”

Jongin didn’t mention Jongdae, who was quite a bit better than his second brother—but Jongdae had a knack for some more… illegal advanced transfiguration. However, it is infact true that although Jongdae is exceptionally skilled at Transfiguration and arguably even more so than Jonghyun, he is much more taken with Charms, and prefers to spend him time polishing his skills in that area instead. 

“But I want to see you do it~” he whined.

Add the wide eyes and pout and Jongin sighed in defeat, begrudgingly turning a rock into a live bunny, all the while looking bored.

It was an improvement from not being able to transfigure a rock into anything, afterall.

Baekhyun, however simple the process, looked like an overexcited child and clapped madly. Jongin bent down to catch the bunny. He hesitated, before holding it out.

A wide smile stretched over Baekhyun’s lips. “Really? Thanks!” he chirped, and cuddled the bunny, not forgetting to kiss Jongin in thanks.

Jongin’s eyes were wide in a comically stoned look. “It’s…. okay.” And just to keep his hands moving, he brushed off imaginary dust off his robes, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Baekhyun looked down at the bunny affectionately. “Hmm, what should I name you~?”

Jongin gave a light scoff. “You know the school will probably either set it free or use it for transfiguration?”

Baekhyun gasped, looking scandalised, and held it to his chest. “I won’t let them. I’ll hide her so they can’t find her if I have to.”

“…okay, okay…” Jongin resorted to simply waving him off in what he hoped was a reassuring manner.

He still doubted Baekhyun could keep the fluffy bunny with him in Hogwarts, but he just silently strode over to sit under a large oak tree. Baekhyun followed him and casually sat on him, cradling the bunny.

Jongin groaned. “Hyung, get off me.”

“Why? I like it here.” Baekhyun wiggled a little to get more comfortable and leaned back on him. “You’re so comfortable, Jongin-ah.”

“…and you’re kind of heavy” Jongin mumbled, testing his acting skills.

“I’m not THAT heavy,” Baekhyun’s voice had this hint of slight worry. “Am I…?”

“Not that heavy. A bit.”

Baekhyun gasped. “Am I getting fat? I can’t be fat!” he wailed. “People already make fun of me for having a squishy !”

“…Baekhyun, you can’t be weightless. You’re light enough.”

Baekhyun swivelled around to face him. “Do I look chubbier than normal? Does my face look fat? Have I gained any weight?”

“No you haven’t hyung. You look perfectly fine.”

“Are you sureee?”

“Positive. You look as good as ever.”

Baekhyun’s face broke into a smile. “Aww, thanks Jongin.” He smiled, and kissed him on the nose.

Jongin attempted to subtly shy away. “….it’s okay.”

Baekhyun snuggled into him, the bunny. “So, what should I name her?”

Jongin shrugged. “Anything you want I don’t really care.”

“I’m going to call her… Chocolate.”

“….Do you like chocolate that much? And she’s WHITE, hyung.”

“Chocolate reminds me of you, so I’m going to name her chocolate.”

“…how is chocolate me?”

“Well, your skin tone is dark. And,” Baekhyun lifted a finger to poke Jongin on the chest. “your abs.”

Jongin stayed quite silent for a few long moments. “…..I’m not that dark.”

“Not denying the abs though, are we?” Baekhyun smirked.

“Where’s the proof of it?” Jongin raised his eyebrows at him.

“I’ve seen them remember? And if that won’t be enough…” Baekhyun sneakily stuck one of his hands under Jongin’s shirt.

“Hyung!” Jongin almost shrieked in protest. “Don’t…!!” he half-swatted Baekhyun’s hand away.

Baekhyun grinned. “They feel even better than I thought.” His face started to morph into a compilation of an evil, cheeky look. “Wonder what they’d taste like?”

Jongin gaped, horrified. “Hyung!!” he gave him a look and tried to shuffled away.

“Oh no come back Jongin-ah!” Baekhyun’s arm came up to hug Jongin’s waist one-handedly in a frail attempt to try to stop him from moving away.

Jongin just sort of heaved half a sigh and resigned, just leaning limply on the tree. Baekhyun rested his head on Jongin’s chest and sighed contentedly.

“It’s such a peaceful day, isn’t it Jongin-ah?” Baekhyun was smiling, hazily observing the students milling around in the grounds under the sun. And perhaps that was the giant squid resurfacing for a bunch of bed crumbs.

A similar sigh escaped Jongin’s lips, letting himself relax for a moment, before shrugging and turning to stare at Baekhyun. “Why are you here though, with me, when you could be having fun on such a nice day?”

“I am having fun!” Baekhyun grinned, smile radiating brilliance. Jongin didn’t know whether the boy was simply glowing, or if the sun was so bright it bounced right off Baekhyun’s pale skin. “I got a new pet bunny and I got to feel your abs.” he stated, almost sounded proud, voice bubbly.

Jongin still held his misconceptions regarding the pet bunny, but he decided to drop it, seeing Baekhyun so ridiculously happy. “…not with consent, though. And no, I wouldn’t say I’m fun. My brothers, yeah. But not me.”

“I think you’re better than the leprechaun and the intelligent joker.” Jongin had his mouth open to fire back a retort, but then closed it again, and just resorted to a simple shrug.

Baekhyun snuggled a bit closer, curling himself into Jongin, and the bunny. The boy, now being used as an armchair, sighed. “Why do you hang around me so much, hyung?” he mumbled, not entirely expected to be heard, more like musing to himself out of genuine curiosity. “You confuse me.”

“Because I like you.”

Suddenly, Baekhyun snapped his head up from his relaxed position gazing down at Chocolate.

“Why? Don’t you like my company? Do you think I’m boring? Am I annoying to be around? Oh no, I’m an annoying prick aren’t I??”

Jongin quickly shook his head. “No, no, no, oh god hyung!”

Baekhyun didn’t seem to be listening, wallowing in despair, groaning. “You probably think I’m a massive nuisance that won’t leave you alone…. Like a puppy, but worse.”

Jongin mentally slaps himself.

“No I don’t hyung! I was just wondering how you haven’t gotten sick of me yet!” Jongin hurriedly said, almost panicking with Baekhyun’s clear distress.

Baekhyun paused his fretting for a few moments to turn his pretty eyes on Jongin, almost in confusion. “Why would I ever get sick of you?”

Jongin blinked. It took him a bit to think over how he could say it to seem as little offensive as he could make it. “…..No offense, but your attention span for one person is like five days max.”

“Only if they’re lucky.” Baekhyun flew him a wink.

Jongin mentally counted in his head—but no matter how long Baekhyun had really trailed after him for, it definitely exceeded his five days max. “….hyung, how many people have you followed around for like 2 weeks??”

“Two weeks three days to be exact, and I once tried following my cat around the house for a month when I was five.”

Jongin blinked at him very slowly, judgementally. “….People, hyung.”

Baekhyun blinked at him for a bit before realising. “Oh~ people!” he smiled, and stated quite happily, “no one except you.”

Jongin’s eyes shut in part confusion, part irritation. “And whyyyy are you doing this to me?”

Baekhyun shrugged good-naturedly. “Why not? You’re fun to kiss, and you’re innocent so you won’t keep trying to get in my pants.”

If Jongin knew the whole story, he would be judging Baekhyun with the irony.

“….So because you like kissing me…..” Jongin nodded once, very slowly, telling himself it wasn’t necessary to understand Baekhyun’s brain.

“And you’re strange. I like strange.”

“…..what…?”

Baekhyun giggled.

“…how am I strange?” Jongin peered at him with narrowed eyes. Byun Baekhyun himself was strange. Jongin was pretty sure he wouldn’t be as strange as Baekhyun.

“You’re different to all my other friends.”

Jongin knew, and it was obvious, but it didn’t stop him from being curious. “…How?”

“Well… you don’t like pranking other people, you don’t constantly flirt with me, you don’t seem to have a strange obsession with mocking me,” Baekhyun mused, looking thoughtful as if counting people off.

“…Oh.” Jongin felt stupid, so he quickly added, “I’m sure there are people out there who’ll be nice to you…?” And although he had trailed of uncertainly, Baekhyun’s retort was certainly well-thought out, like it was stuck in his head.

“Yeah but they’re all boring.”

“…and I’m not?”

“Nope.”

Jongin couldn’t help but scoff disbelievingly.

Most people’s idea of ‘fun’ was Jongdae/Jonghyun like—Jongin preferred keeping to himself, reading, and flying. He was horrible with his wand, he wasn’t smart, he was everything his brothers weren’t, and therefore usually not the average person’s definition of ‘fun’. However, there is one exception-- somehow, all the Kim brothers are naturals with their broomsticks. Though only Jongin plays for his quidditch team, every summer back at home, their mother would organise a mini Quidditch match in their backyard, inviting family friends over, and even though Jongin vaguely prided himself in his flying and is the only brother to actively practice it, somehow both Jonghyun and Jongdae manage to exceed everyone's expectations. It annoys him. As if their intelligence wasn't enough.

“In what way?”

“Mmmm,” Baekhyun hummed, trying to think of more reasons but just got annoyed and kissed him again instead.

Taken wholly by surprise, Jongin’s eyes comically widened, the back of his head crashing into the tree trunk behind him in his shock. “H-hyung!”

Baekhyun flinched and rubs the back of his head for him. “Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah…”

“Sheesh Jongin-ah you have to be more careful with yourself you might get seriously hurt.”

“O-okay….” Jongin mumbled, clearing his throat. “Hyung I know you said you like kissing me, but we’re kind of in public and… well… don’t you find it kind of weird with people watching…?” He really didn’t want to upset him… but Baekhyun’s constant yet sudden kisses really didn’t give him any warning.

“What’s wrong with people watching?”

“Well it’s kind of embarrassing…?”

“Is it??”

“Uhh… yeah?” Jongin eyes him from under his bangs, uncertain in his tone and cautious in his gaze.

“Oh. I didn’t know that.”

“W-well I-I… I haven’t had… any experience before, and you…” Jongin babbled hurriedly.

Baekhyun gasped and clapped his hands together. “I forgot you were vanilla!” he laughed by himself. “Sorry Jongin-ah, I’ll try to be a bit more private from now on.”

Jongin sighed, rolling his eyes. "Oh whatever.” He let it pass though—he let Byun Baekhyun do whatever he wanted. “Baekhyun hyung let me get up,” he said instead, trying to get off the grass, except with a weight down on his waist. “I have astronomy.”

“Aww, shame.” Baekhyun mumbled, and rolls off him, jumping up. “Let’s go!”

“….Where are you going?”

Baekhyun stared at him like he couldn’t understand that a wizard needed a wand to perform a Shield Charm.

“Astronomy.”

“…But how can you have astronomy too?”

“No silly,” Baekhyun laughed. “I have potions!” Jongin blinked rather dumbly.

“Then why are you coming all the way up there?”

“Because I’m walking you there.”

“….what?”

Baekhyun smiled cheerily, voice bouncy. “Let’s go!”

“Hyung, I’ll be perfectly capable walking myself to class…”

“Hmmpf.” Baekhyun pouted, looking slightly put out—like a kicked puppy, Jongin’s mind told him—like a flame quenched with water.

Jongin sighed in defeat. He turned around after walking ahead for a few metres, confused. “Wait I thought you were coming?”

Baekhyun brightened up considerably. “You want me to come?”

“I reckoned you’d come anyway. Hurry up—you’re going to be late to potions if you’re going all the way up to the astronomy towers then back down to the dungeons.”

“Okay!” and like he was charmed to follow him, Baekhyun obediently skipped after Jongin, his joy showing in the bounce in his step.

“Won’t you get in trouble? If you get to potions late?”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry about it.” Baekhyun waved him down, looping his arm to link arms.

Jongin nodded. He questioned nothing more, letting Baekhyun him up to his classroom, all the way to right outside his classroom, watching the last few people file in. “Thank you hyung, I guess I’ll be going in.”

“Okay, see you later!” Baekhyun smiled, raising up on his toes to go in for his lips, but remembered what Jongin had told him last minute, and so diverted his lips to lightly kiss his cheek instead. Jongin was standing there ridiculously dumbly until he realized that Baekhyun had gone already, and that he needed to actually go into his classroom.

****************

“Luhaaaaaaan~ How do I get someone innocent to want me~?”

Luhan looked up from his homework to stare at Baekhyun. “Go at him head on.”

“But I’ve tried that!”

“Then don’t go at him head on.”

“But how?”

“Uhhhm,” he put his quill down to think, “maybe….make him feel jealous?”

“Jealous?”

“Yeah. Act like you’re getting frisky with some other people and they’ll get jealous. Like, it’s you after all.”

“Hmm, thanks Lulu!” Baekhyun skipped out of the common room, leaving Luhan with two thoughts; A- this is about Jongin isn’t it? and B- He’s going to ask me to help him, isn’t he? He just sighed and tried to finish his charms essay. Well, at least I’ll be able to get some info if he asks me.

 


A/N: Hii!! This is a chapter we had done before, and I may or may not be posting some other chapters that I've done, so you can look forward to that, but otherwise, hold out until November. Our exams will be done then and we'll do this, I promise

~Bunny