Chapter 23- Leaving a Mark

H-POP

Pairing(s); xiuchen!!

Rating/Notes; PG?


 

“Hey Chanyeol. Chanyeol!” Jongdae shook Chanyeol’s lifeless body slumped over a library book.

“Hah-Wha-Hua?” He awoke with a jerk, “Whasgoinon?”

“Look over there.” Jongdae pointed over to a table where a sixth year was dozing off.

“Hey isn’t that a Hufflepuff beater? What was his name, errrm it was something like Minnie-no-Minzy?”

“Minseok.” Jongdae hissed, unexplainably irritated. “I’ve got a good charm I’ve wanted to practice on someone. But we have to wait until he falls asleep.”

“Then why did you wake me up now?” Chanyeol put his head between his arms. Jongdae ‘tsk’ed.

 

*****

 

“Oi, oi Chanyeol.”

“Wha~t?”

”He’s asleep.” Chanyeol lifted his head and groggily stared at the table where Minseok was using ‘Advanced Potion Making’ as a pillow.

“Oh so he is.” Chanyeol gave a huge yawn and rubbed his eyes. “So, what’s this plan you had in mind?”

“Ever heard of the sewing charm?”

“The what?”

“The sewing charm.”

“What does it do?”

“Sews, dunce.”

“Oh. Oh yeah.” Jongdae shook his head. “What are we going to do with it?”

“Sew.” Chanyeol stared at him.

“Sew what?”

“You’ll see.” They tiptoed over closer to his desk and, making sure not to wake him, kneeled down next to his right foot.

“Okay, so what we’re going to do…”

 

*****

 

“Okay final touch.” Jongdae reached into his bag and withdrew a small, metal, cylindrical tube.

“Is that…?

“Lipstick.” Jongdae said, popping open the tube to reveal lipstick of a bright, red hue.

“What are you going to do with that?” Chanyeol asked in confusion.

“All good masterpieces must be signed.” Jongdae answered. And then, he promptly started applying it on his own lips. Chanyeol stared incredulously at his friend, wondering if he had finally gone mad. Jongdae finished putting on the make-up and, cool as you please, promptly kissed Minseok on the cheek, leaving a bright red lip mark. Chanyeol widened his eyes and stared at Jongdae, who was wiping off the lipstick with a scrap of tissue as though this was perfectly normal.

“You. Are crazy.”

“I’m a genius.”

“That too. But you’re still crazy.”


Minseok jolted awake at the sound of the bell signalling dinner.

He moved to get up, feeling as though his clothes were weighed down, being pulled down to his feet. He reached up to rub the sleep from his eyes, and then stretched both arms over his head yawning. He paused and then stopped himself from shrieking just in time.

He tugged on the hem of his shirt cautiously. It was sewn to his pants as if with invisible string. He checked his cloak. It too, along with his socks, were sewn all into all their coinciding pieces of clothing as if he were wearing a giant, layered one-piece which he didn’t know how to take on or off.

Minseok’s mouth hung open, his eyes wide in bewilderment. What.

His stomach growled at that moment. He had spent his entire free afternoon cooped up in the library, catching up on sleep. He would never have had to pick himself up and trudge over to the Great Hall if he wasn’t so hungry. His clothes could wait. His stomach, on the other hand, couldn’t. What was more, he didn’t know how to fix them anyway.

He half-waddled through the doors, hoping no one would notice the strange way he was walking. It wasn’t exactly what you’d call comfortable, walking around with all your articles of clothing stuck together. But, too his utmost horror, heads were whirling around to face him as he passed the Gryffindor table, some pointing him out to their friends and giggling from behind their hands. His face flushed. Upon finding his friends at the Hufflepuff table, Minseok dove into a seat opposite from Zitao, sinking as low as he could and breathing a sigh of relief

“Hi,” he says to Yixing, who is sitting next to Tao, flashing him a small smile.

Then he feels the uncomfortable prickling sensation of eyes boring into him. His friends weren’t making much effort in regards to subtlety, openly staring at him with their mouths hanging open. Minseok ran his eyes through each of their faces; Yixing gazing fixedly on the side of his face, Joonmyun raising an eyebrow, Zitao giving him an almost penetrating stare. On either side of the Hufflepuff table, a number of heads were still turned towards him.

All of a sudden, Zitao brusquely brushes off the silver cutlery that had been lying on his plate with a loud clatter, picking the plate up and shoving it in front of Minseok’s face.

His eyes widened, mouth dropping in a silent scream.

The misty, disfigured silver reflection of the plate was showing him a large, red blotch on the side of his face, clearly distinguishable as a pair of lips.

Just as Zitao lowered his plate back onto the table dinner was served, food springing up onto the plates and pitchers being magically filled. But Minseok didn’t eat. He didn’t mind for once either, more interested in the fact that the Ravenclaws on the next table were turning around and whispering about him.

He snatched up his napkin from the table and, borrowing Tiffany Hwang’s mirror from three seats down, hurriedly swipes at his face with the tissue, getting as much of the lipstick off as he could and leaving only a red tinge on his face, making it look as though he had applied blush too heavily to one side of his face.

It was only a matter of time before his friends all cracked, and began violently firing question after question at him. Eventually being too sick of telling them that he had no idea how anything happened, though leaving out the part about his clothes, Minseok stops shouting at them, and sinks sullenly into his seat, frowning hard at his dinner.

He couldn’t get the thing with his clothes out of his head. It didn’t make sense whatsoever—who would know how to perform such a successful sewing charm? Minseok had only seen it once before, in some advanced charms textbook. But surely a seventh grade wouldn’t pull such a prank—and finished it off in such a manner. Surely, Minseok thought, seventh years had much more to worry about, like their N.E.W.T.s, than run around sewing people’s clothing together and then planting lipstick kisses on their faces.

Infact, Minseok pondered it all the way back up to the dorm—where he realised he would have to take a shower. Meeting Tao’s penetrating (weird) stare, Minseok’s babble of excuses about how he shouldn’t take a shower died down, and obediently grabbed his clothes, gnawing on his lower lip. How on earth he would get his clothes off, he had no idea.

Minseok could swear Tao was beginning to get weird ideas about him in the shower, as when he then ran out of the bathroom a minute later having forgotten to bring his wand with him inside, he felt Tao’s eyes on him all the way from the bathroom and back. Minseok swears under his breath, successfully closing the door behind him again, shutting off the look Tao was giving him.

It wasn’t every day you see someone bring their wand with them into the shower.

Then again, it wasn’t every day your clothes get all sewn together and a complimentary lipstick kiss.

 


 

“Minseok? Do I have something on my face?”

“Huh?” Minseok snapped back to see the Gryffindor chaser, Luhan, staring at him with an eyebrow cocked, “Oh—no. Sorry.”

As Luhan walked off again, Minseok resumed to scan the crowd of faces as he walked down to Herbology. He skipped past the hair, eyes and nose, scrutinizing the lips of every passing student. Most of them flashed him strange looks as they passed, and Minseok quickly looked away, shaking his head.
It had been a day since he woke up in the library with his clothes sewn together and a large, bright-red lipstick kiss left on his right cheek. Ever since, he had been fruitlessly trying to figure out the culprit, but all he was getting were weird, judgemental looks thrown at him from every student whose lips he stared at in an attempt to match it up to the kiss.

Just that morning he was caught by fifth year Slytherin Lee Seungri at breakfast for staring narrowed eyed at solely his lips for five minutes straight.

And only a few minutes after that, he had held Lee Jinki from Ravenclaw up for an entire minute, just standing there in the middle of the corridor, judging his face. It wasn’t until Jinki asked if he was allowed to be back on his way to Transfiguration that Minseok had bowed his head and let him pass.

And the night after dinner, when he had found out about the kiss thanks to Zitao, he sat in a chair in the corner of the Hufflepuff common room for the entire night, observing all the Hufflepuff’s faces until he was the last one left to go to bed.


Minseok was starving. For the second night in a row, he barely ate at dinner—the first from utter loss of appetite in disgust, and the second too busy observing pairs of lips and consequently getting an overload of strange stares. He was in a remarkable hurry to get to the kitchens and have his proper dinner that he didn’t notice a suspiciously placed ‘X’ mark on the floor, walking straight over it.

ARRRRRGH!

Minseok was pulled up by his ankle into the air so that he was suspended in the air, head about two metres from the floor. He heard sounds of stifled giggling nearby, and knew that this could only be the work of one person.

Kim Jongdae put me down right now!” the boy strolled out from behind a nearby suit of armour, hands tucked in his pockets with arrogant grace.

“You know, I’m glad I cast a sound shield around here, otherwise people might have thought there was a murder going on.” he said conversationally.

“Put me down!” Minseok huffed again, trying to keep his robes from falling over his head.

“Hmmm, you know, it’s getting a bit boring just letting you off. I mean, we’ve done this too many times it’s just getting boring!” Minseok glared at Jongdae, who was filled with a devious confidence that unsettled him.

“W-What do you want?” he asked cautiously. Jongdae walked up to him so that they were face to face, except that one of their faces was hanging upside down, slowly turning red from the blood that was going to his head.

“What are you willing to do?” Minseok gulped. What did Jongdae have in mind?

“D-do I need to do anything? You know what forget it, I can get myself down.” Minseok reached into his pocket for his wand, except it wasn’t there. “Where’s my—“ he looked directly down (or in this case up) and saw his wand laying there on the floor. He made wild swings for it but knew he was too high up to reach it, watching hopelessly as Jongdae reached down to pick it up off the floor.

“Still don’t need me?” Minseok glared at Jongdae, who seemed unfazed, only holding a lazy look of mild amusement. “So, how far are you willing to go, Kim Minseok?” Minseok couldn’t think properly. His head was starting to spin from being upside down for so long and what was more, his stomach was growling. Hard.

“Anything. I’ll do anything.”

“Anything?” Minseok regretted saying that at once. The look on Jongdae’s face clearly told him that what he had in mind was not going to be pleasant.

“W-well….as long as it’s not too—“

“How about… a ?” Minseok stared at him. That was the last response he had expected from Kim Jongdae.

W-what?! You can’t be serious!” he stammered. Jongdae moved closer and stared him dead in the eyes.

“Completely serious.”

“F- you, let me down!” He had to be joking; this had to be a joke.

“Well I wouldn’t object to doing that too, darling.” Jongdae had a strange glint in his eyes that seemed to hold something other than mischief.

“L-let me down!”

“You said anything.”

“I didn’t think you were going to ask for something so—“

“So what? So desirable? It’s okay you don’t have to hide your enthusiasm, I won’t judge you.” he moved a step closer, making Minseok blush.

“F- off.” Jongdae cocked his head slightly to one side and grinned.

“Okay, since it’s a bit too sudden I’ll tone it down for you. Just a kiss then.” Minseok blinked. Was he actually being serious? It was hard to tell with Kim Jongdae. Minseok grimaced then closed his eyes in a sort of dreaded expectation.

He heard Jongdae give a little laugh of amusement before he felt a warm pressure down on his lips.

The first thing that managed to finally connect together in his brain was how queer it felt. He was hanging upside down while Jongdae was upright, head tilted to the side, hungrily lapping his lips over Minseok’s. Jongdae ground his lips against Minseok’s, prying open his lips. Minseok barely had time to breath before feeling a quick swipe of something wet and slimy against the inside of his bottom lip before a sear of pain jolted through his veins.

Before Minseok had comprehended anything apart from the fact that their lips were touching, they broke apart, a cool rush of air hitting Minseok’s wet lips. He felt himself crashing to the floor and Jongdae saying from what seemed like another world away,

“Recognise those lips anywhere, Kim Minseok?” and by the time the world stopped whirling and the searing pain at the top of his head subsided, Jongdae was gone.

Minseok’s head swam—not because he’d just landed on it from two metres in the air, but because of what’d happened just before. Jongdae kissed him.

He felt the sudden realisation of it rush through his chest in a sudden flash of prickling heat. His throat closed up. Jongdae kissed him.

He reaches up a hand to gently poke at his lips, where there had been in contact with Jongdae’s just a few moments ago. The tips of his fingers came across something warm and stick and in a bout of horror, Minseok pulled his fingers away, to see scarlet smudged across his fingers. Raising a sleeve, he dabs at his bleeding lip, pouting and silently cursing Kim Jongdae.

He was contemplating going back to his dorm when his stomach growled. Loudly.

Finally deciding that he needed to satisfy his mounted hunger or his brain would just completely rebel against him, Minseok finished his intercepted way to the kitchens, taking almost all the food the house-elves shoved him. He made his way back to the dorm without any further interruptions, thankfully. But that doesn’t stop Minseok from keeping his eyes on the floor, watching out for any suspicious ‘X’s on the floor. But it seemed Kim Jongdae was satisfied for the night.

Then, as Minseok clambers into the welcoming heat of the Hufflepuff common room, Jongdae’s words come flooding back.

“Recognise those lips anywhere, Kim Minseok?’

Jongdae’s voice doesn’t stop haunting him, even as he lay with his eyes closed in bed, desperately trying to get some sleep before early Quidditch practise the next morning.

It bugged him. He had no idea what he meant. Yet he couldn’t concentrate—every time he thought of Jongdae and his words, his mind decides to helpfully remind him of the way Jongdae had shoved his lips hastily against his own…

Minseok lifts a hand and swats at his head. He attempts to calm himself down, gazing out the open window, the crescent moon hanging in the perfectly cloudless sky, feeling the hotness of his cheeks begin to slowly ebb away once again.

Just as he was listening to ShinDong’s snores from right across the room, thinking about the prospect of another day getting weird looks and staring at lips, it hit him with such force he let out a terribly loud shriek.

‘Remember those lips anywhere, Kim Minseok?’

OH!” Minseok repeated, over and over again, slamming his head down on his pillow with every time he cried at his stupidity until Joonmyeon snapped lazily from the next bed down for him to shut up and he needed his beauty sleep before he drifted off into Dreamland once again.

Oh,” Minseok whispers to himself just one last time.

How did he ever pass Kim ing Jongdae to do such a thing?

And then the memory of the kiss came rushing back to his head and Minseok felt his face flush. He shook his head sternly and slammed his face into his pillow again, trying not to think about a multitude of things, most of all a boy with ruffled, dark hair, coated in blue Ravenclaw robes.


“Given up on finding the kiss culprit?”

“Huh?”

Minseok snapped out of his revere to look at Zitao, staring at him through nibbles of toast.

“Finding the what?”

“The kiss culprit, did you find them?”

“Wha-oh!” he blushed, face suddenly hot. “N-no I haven’t.” he turned back to his food, attempting to hide his face into his plate.

“Hey Minseok,” comes Joonmyeon’s voice somewhere to his right. Minseok was bent on hiding his red cheeks until Joonmyeon finished his sentence. “What happened to your lip?”

What???” Minseok’s head shot up, eyes wide in horror. A hand flies up unconsciously to graze the small cut at his lips. It had stopped bleeding when he’d gotten back to the dorm, but the dark red spot was yet to fade and was strikingly obvious against his usual rosy pink lips.

“There,” Joonmyeon leaned forward, finger outstretched to poke the spot. Minseok visibly stiffens, scooting away from Joonmyeon in a flash, leaning away as far as he would go in his seat. Joonmyeon blinked, and awkwardly retracts his finger. “But yeah… what happened there? Bit your lip too hard?”

Minseok spluttered, tongue tripping over words, trying not to succumb to the memory of the crash of lips and the following flash of searing pain. “Uhh no… I-I mean yes! Yes, yes, yes.” He opts for repeating, though he could literally feel the suspicion radiating off both his friends.

you, Kim Jongdae, Minseok silently curses, scowling to himself, a finger once again the bump of dried blood on the cut on his lip.

And as if granted the chance, just when Minseok was struggling to get past a bunch of third-years crowding the Transfiguration corridor, he sees him.

Kim Jongdae… as casual as ever, hands in his pockets, bag swinging off one shoulder.

A rush of fury passes through every vein in Minseok’s body. But to say it had been replaced with surprise was an understatement when Kim Jongdae strolls right past him.

Almost as if they’d never met, as if they never knew each other.

Minseok’s heart sort of drops. He twists his neck around, staring as Jongdae’s retreating back begins to become consumed by the crowd, disappearing out of sight. He still had his mouth open, yet the string of curses had died on the tip of his tongue. Even when he could no longer see Kim Jongdae anymore, his eyes don’t leave that spot he disappeared from until his neck began to ache.

 

Once feeling the stares burning uncomfortably into his back subside, Jongdae instantly turns back the way he came, craning his neck. He didn’t respond, but he saw the way Minseok looked at him—he was afraid of doing something so rash, again, if he met the elder’s eyes.

He was too short, the crowd pushing him forwards and away from Minseok.

His heart thudded as he turns back around and continues his long way to Charms, blood burning with raw emotion. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: lol idk if i'm supposed to post this so early but oh well here, hope you enjoyed ;) there's an aftermath to this series of events for the next chapter and much more xiuchen i have planned, though probs some seyeol and baekkai before it cos i've kind of put off their chapters.

anyway. look forward to that, and always feel free to tell me things. your opinions. toodles.

 

"All good masterpieces must be signed."

 + the partner in crime, even though it isn't canon, just to appreciate yeol's mad lipstick skillz

~bunny