Chapter 6-Loverboy

H-POP

Pairing(s); Seyeol with a ‘helpful’ Jongdae

Rating/Notes;PG Chanyeol being a ChanEW

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey Chanyeol hyung.”

“Oh h-hey, Sehun…” Chanyeol waved at the blonde-haired boy, starinf dreamily him as he walked across the grounds to join Kim Jongin and his friends.

“Charming,” Jongdae commented, leaning in, “really charming. He was definitely enraptured by your fascinating words.”

“Shut up.” Chanyeol grumbled, crossing his arms and leaning against the castle wall.

“You do realise that if you want to get him to like you back you should, oh I don’t know, try to have a proper conversation with him, right? Otherwise he’ll just keep seeing you as that weird hyung who plays beater.”

“I don’t know Jongdae.” Chanyeol sighed and stared rather miserably off to where Sehun was laughing and joking around with Jongin. “I just don’t think Sehunnie’s ever going to like me…”

Jongdae raised his eyes at how hopeless his friend seemed.

“Oh come on, Chan, lighten up!” Jongdae said bracingly, slapping him on the back. “I’ll tell you what, how about I give you a little help?”

“Help? How?”

“Oh I’ll whip something up.” He replied dismissively, waving a hand. “Just trust your Uncle Jongdae here, young Channie.”

****************************************************************

“I did it.”

“Did what?”

“The thing to help you finally get together with Sehun.” Chanyeol looked up from his mouthful of eggs, eyes wide.

“Really?” He asked in a muffled voice.

“Yep.” Jongdae replied as the owls started bringing in the morning post. “I thought about it, and after lots of hard effort I finally managed to brew a-OW FELICIA NO STOP IT, STOP IT YOU CRAZY PIECE OF .” He was interrupted by a Western Screech Owl landing on his head and attempting to peck his eyes out. Jongdae’s owl was known to have a certain distaste for her master, and he often described her to be ‘constantly stuck in owl puberty’. On top of that his mother had thought it would be amusing to name her before he had the chance, so instead of adopting the name Chen like he had intended, she had been christened Felicia which was, as Jongdae said, ‘the stupidest, most ridiculous name in the history of names and my mother is a dickhead.’

Finally managing to get the ratchet owl off his head, Jongdae wrestled her to the table and untied the letter from her leg before throwing her back up, sending a few loose feathers to float down and land in the milk jug.

“Okay let’s see who wrote to me this ti-FOR S SAKE ­­­­FELICIA."

The bird had swooped down one last time to cuff Jongdae around the head with her wing before giving off a rather inhuman screech and flying off to the owlery.

“She’s not going to let you send a letter back.” Chanyeol warned, leaning over to see the letter. “Hey it’s from your dad.”

With a flourish, Jongdae tore the envelope open and read the contents aloud.

SON, DON’T EAT ANYTHING YOUR MOTHER SENDS YOU. SHE’S EXPERIMENTING WITH FOODS AGAIN. JUST FEED THEM TO ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS OR SOMETHING. LOVE FROM DAD (P.S. don’t try feeding them to your brothers, I sent them letters too.

“Dammit I was hoping I could trick Jongin into taking one.” Jongdae folded the parchment and stuck it in his pocket. “I could probably get him to eat one anyway, kid’s thicker than custard.”

“Anyway,” Chanyeol said dismissively, jam roll in his hand, “what did you brew for me?”

“Oh yeah. I made this.” He took out a small flask, barely the length of his thumb and raised it to Chanyeol’s eyes, letting him see the golden swirling from inside.

“What is it?”

“Felix Felicis.” He proclaimed. Chanyeol showed no reaction. “It’s a lucky potion.”

That made Chanyeol gasp, eyes widening to the point of freakiness and leaning in closer to get a better look at this magical thing.

“Really? How long will it last?”

“This’ll go all evening, you’ve just got to walk up to Sehun and woo him to be yours.”

“And you’re sure this will work?” Chanyeol asked uncertainly. Jongdae stared him dead in the eye.

“You can’t fail.”

****************************************

Sehun looked down, staring blankly at his book. It was hard to concentrate on his work tonight—unusually hard. He glared at the book in frustration as the common room cleared around him until he was the only one left. Sighing, he got up, calling it a bad night and had just turned around to head towards his dormitory to turn in when he heard the common room door open behind him. He turned around to see a certain somebody stumbling through the door.

“Chanyeol hyung!” Chanyeol picked himself up off the floor and, spotting Sehun, broke into a wide, cheesy grin.

 

“Hey Sehun!” he said enthusiastically, bouncing forward and hugging him tightly, arms around his waist. Sehun froze.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol hyung?”

 

Chanyeol’s deep chuckle brushed along the sensitive skin at Sehun’s ear, the blonde hair there fluttering ever so slightly.

 

“Hyung what happened to you?” Sehun was trying, and failing, to hold Chanyeol at arm’s length but he was a dead weight, constantly falling back onto Sehun. “Hyung??”

 

Chanyeol blinked at him, eyes lidded, a wide goofy grin spread across his face. He lifted a large hand, trailing his fingertips along Sehun’s jaw, letting them slide down his long, pale neck.

 

Sehun gave a shudder.

 

“Hey Sehun~”

Chanyeol leans forwards, burying his nose into the crook of Sehun’s neck, humming in what seemed like content. Sehun bit down on his bottom lip, feeling the vibrations from Chanyeol’s throat bounce through him. Chanyeol pulled away, only to run his fingers through Sehun’s blonde mass of hair, grinning like an overly excited child. Then his hand came down, palm cupping one side of Sehun’s face and thumb his cheek.

 

“H-hyung,” Sehun stammers out, more than taken-aback. “What are you d-doing?”

 

“You’re so pretty, Sehun-ah.” Never mind Chanyeol’s usual deep voice; now, it was velvety low.

 

“…W-what?” Sehun’s brows knotted together the slightest, trying to search his hyung’s eyes for any trace of remaining sanity in vain.

 

"You're so pretty. Your eyes and your hair and your nose," Chanyeol poked Sehun's nose affectionately.

 

“H-hyung? Are you okay?”

 

“Better than okay, I'm with you now.” He felt Chanyeol squeeze him tighter, constricting him of the air he was already lacking. With both a physical and mental effort, Sehun grabbed Chanyeol's shoulders and pushed him away.

 

“Hyung what's wrong with you? You're so...clingy.”

 

Chanyeol tried to pull Sehun back in by the waist but Sehun grabbed his hands and pulled them down firmly, clearing his head.

 

“Sehunaaaaah” Chanyeol said so sweetly that he felt his heart give a tug, “Let's do something special. Just you and me.”

 

“W-what special?” Sehun asked. Chanyeol was being very strange tonight and Sehun was really starting to wonder what was wrong with him.

 

Chanyeol took a step forward.

 

Sehun took a step back.

 

Chanyeol stepped forward again, holding his waist again and pressing their bodies together.

Sehun tried weakly to push him off.

 

Chanyeol leant down slightly and whispered in a low voice, “Sehuna~”

 

Sehun shuddered. Chanyeol’s voice was such unbelievably soft it caressed his ears—making him want to hear more. But his brain fought long and hard against the thuds of his heart.

 

“H-hyung stop it.”

 

Sehun was finding it harder and harder to resist him. He tried to take another step back, only to have his knees buckle under him by a squishy old sofa right behind him.

 

They fell over awkwardly onto it, Chanyeol tumbling on top of Sehun who winced as the heavy hyung fell on top of him.

Sehun looked up at him, instantly deciding how horrible of a decision that had been. Chanyeol was grinning wildly down at him, and it didn’t take very long for Sehun to register the position they were in—Chanyeol’s strong arms were supporting him, hovering above Sehun. The tiniest of moves and Chanyeol’s chest would be brushing against his. Sehun gulped.

Chanyeol hovered down and Sehun unconsciously held his breath.

Chanyeol, at the last moment, let his lips divert, brushing them against Sehun’s ear. It sent shivers down his spine nevertheless. His voice was so exceptionally low Sehun barely caught it.

“Sehunnah you’re so special to hyunga, you know that?”

Sehun visibly tensed. And with a pathetic effort, placed both hands flat on Chanyeol’s chest, in a frail attempt at pushing him back.

“Ch-chany-yeol h-hyung,” he whimpered. “D-don’t…” though he had no idea what he was trying to avoid—but he wanted to avoid it.

Chanyeol raised his head slightly to look Sehun in the face, looking like an over excited toddler who had just spotted a mountain of presents on Christmas morning.

“Hey Sehunnah?”

“H-Hyung?”

“Are your legs tired?”

Sehun spluttered.

“W-what?!”

“Are your legs tired?”

“W-why are you asking?”

“Because you’ve been running through my mind all day.”

Sehun stared at Chanyeol. His eyes spelled out ‘are you ing kidding me Park Chanyeol’, but he didn’t say anything. Observing Chanyeol’s face, he found it sad, almost pitiful, that the elder actually looked amused by his own horrible pick-up line. Sehun thought it was hilariously demented.

“Hyung did you drink something weird? You’re acting funny.”

“Funny in the attractive way?”

“What?”

Sehun was confused but apparently not as confused as Chanyeol. He was staring at him, wide eyed and seemingly lost.

“Wait, I don’t get it.”

“W-what don’t you get hyunga?”

“Jongdae said the felik felixis would work!”

“……what.”

“Felik felixis. You know, the lucky potion.”

“Felix felicis?”

“Yes that.”

“…why did you take the lucky potion hyung?”

“Because Jongdae said if I took it I could make you like me back.”

“……….what.”

Chanyeol stared at Sehun for a bit in confusion.

“Wait, was I not meant to say that bit?”

What.

***************************************

“So, how did it go~?”

“I think you brewed it wrong Jongdae, it didn’t do anything at all!”

The two friends were huddled in the black corner of Charms, the rest of the class too busy with silencing charms to pay any attention to them.

Jongdae smirked so that Chanyeol couldn’t see.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I took the felik thing and went up to him and hugged him and his face and hair and then we sort of fell over on the couch so I breathed into his neck a bit and told him my pick-up line-“

“Sorry, your what?” Jongdae chipped in, staring at Chanyeol and looking thoroughly repulsed. Anything that came out of Chanyeol’s mouth other than loudness was either cheesy, stupid or a horrible mixture of the two.

“My pick-up line, Jongdae.” Chanyeol replied, as if this was extremely normal. Jongdae was staring at his best friend, a look of horror dawning his face.

“...what was it?”

“Are your legs tired because you’ve been running through my mind all day,” he respond, without missing a beat and making Jongdae instantly regret asking, “I thought it was good—“

“Park Chanyeol.” Jongdae grit out in such a stern tone that made Chanyeol stop mid-sentence, “He looked at you funny, didn’t he?”

“Yeah…yeah he did—wow, how’d you know, Jongdae?” his idiot of a friend was wearing a look of innocent surprise that made Jongdae want to hit him.

“Because it was a terrible pick-up line and he would have done so even if the potion had actually been legitimate. Honestly, I don’t know where you get all of these stupid—

“Wait what do you mean by legitimate?”

Jongdae stopped abruptly, horror filling through him at the slip, watching Chanyeol stared at him, comprehension on the verge of dawning.

“I…I might or might not have….given you a…..a fake potion because I thought it would be funny to….to watch you try and get him with confidence…”

Thanks to the racket of the classroom, the professor failed to hear the loud thud as Chanyeol whacked Jongdae around the head with his textbook.

**************************************************************

Sehun sat near the back of the classroom, staring glassy-eyed as professor Bins warbled on about Goblin Rebellions. He was meant to be taking down notes but he couldn’t pay attention, his mind was much too preoccupied.

“Because Jongdae said if I took it I could make you like me back.” The words still rang in his ears. Was Chanyeol hyung being serious? He had always been terrible at lying, so normally this wouldn’t have been a hard question to answer and yet…

Sehun shook his head. No, Chanyeol hyung couldn’t like him. He was being stupid.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N

hur hur hur

ho ho ho

merry Christmas

this probably won't be up on Christmas

this chapter is a train wreck and it is terrible I'm so sorry we wrote this really early on so it's very ty

let's just pretend that was a crack chapter okay?

okay

~Unicorn