Chapter 12-The Flirt

H-POP

Pairing(s);Baekkai

Rating/Notes; PG with a hint of flirt

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jongin had no idea how he found himself in this situation, but here he was. All he had wanted to do was go up to his common room after dinner when he was suddenly cornered into a deserted corridor by Byun Baekhyun. Seriously, all Jongin wanted to do was flop on his bed and snore his heart out right now but he was prevented from doing that by a certain distracting fifth year.

Baekhyun raised a hand, fingertips grazing slowly against the base of Jongin’s neck, a trail of goose-bumps popping up along the path of his touch. In a flurry, Baekhyun’s pretty fingers suddenly had Jongin’s collar in a crushing grip.

Baekhyun swooped in, and before Jongin had the reflexes to widen his eyes or lean away, there was a fleeting brush of their lips—enough to make him gasp, and jerk into reality. But by then, Baekhyun had already pulled away, grinning, a tongue swiping slowly across his bottom lip, eyes fixed on Jongin’s.

Baekhyun released the grip he had on Jongin’s collar, carefully taking his time straightening it out, lips curved into a small, secretive smile.

“Oh look at you,” Baekhyun’s voice was softened into a whispery hush, breath fanning the skin at Jongin’s neck. He gulped.

When he had the courage to look down at his senior, he was met with Baekhyun’s signature shining eyes, pulled into arcs, and his melodic giggle.

Baekhyun lifted a hand, fingertips the burning skin on Jongin’s cheeks. “You’re so red.” He giggled. “We’d be the worst couple ever, if you’re always this shy.”

 A gentle hushed laugh bubbled from Baekhyun’s throat.

“Your lips, by the way.” Jongin was momentarily struck by the huskiness of Baekhyun’s usual high-pitched exclaims. “I must’ve forgotten to tell you the other time—how silly of me. They taste ing beautiful.” He whispered right up against Jongin’s lips. This time round, he almost didn’t notice it when Baekhyun pressed a peck on his lips, his touch so unbelievably soft for the persona Jongin labelled him as—the getting familiar with all the beds around the school.

****************

Jongin was sitting in his usual spot in the Gryffindor common room, finishing off what looked like a Potions essay while occasionally joining to the conversation with his little circle of friends. Baekhyun was seated comfortably in an armchair, talking animatedly to Minho and yet continuously eyeing the seeker that was half way across the room, admiring the boy in all his glory; the way his brows creased when he was concentrating, the way his fringe covered his eyes like that, the way-what the flying horse is that.

It was a sixth year, a rather burlier one at that, who had decided it was a good idea to block Baekhyun’s view of Jongin and flirt with him. Smirking at his poor attempt, Baekhyun deliberately played around with the boy, making him angry so that his voice grew louder and louder until the whole room could easily hear what he was saying.

“Listen here, I know your reputation so don’t you dare go paying hard to get with me you little .”

Jongin looked up irritably.

“I’m sorry honey, I’m really not interested tonight.” Baekhyun replied sweetly, blinking up serenely.

Shuddering at his tone of speech, Jongin turned back and tried to read his notes again.

“Not interested? Not INTERESTED?! What, am I not good enough for your low standards then, face?”

Baekhyun looked him up and down once rather disdainfully.

“Actually I’m just not in the mood but I can’t exactly say I’m particularly impressed either.”

Jongin buried his face in his notes, trying not to laugh.

The boy, looking like he was about to explode, grabbed Baekhyun’s forearm, growling at him.

“Listen here you little , you’re going to give me what I want or I’ll make you pay for your smart mouth.”

“I do believe it’s called sass, and could you please let go of me? It hurts.”

Jongin looked past his parchment again, frowning slightly. The boy was continuing to hurl threats at Baekhyun, who was attempting to keep up his ‘sass’ despite looking increasingly pained because the boy refused to let go of him.

“Get off me!”

Jongin stood up and walked towards them, a cool expression on his face.

“Sorry-you guys are blocking the way, and you’re really too loud, we can’t study.”

The sixth year stared at him, and decided to ignore him, continuing to hurl insults. Jongin growled and wrenched Baekhyun from his grasp.

“It’d be nice if Byun could still play in Quidditch practice tomorrow morning thank you very much.”

They glared at each other for a minute before the boy stalked away, muttering. “I’m gonna get you some day, ing .”

“Thanks Jongin-ah~” Baekhyun chirruped, hugging the boy around the waist in mocking of the sixth year. Jongin just waved him off, the slightest hint of irritation in his voice.

“That’s what you get for doing what you do.”

Baekhyun giggled and winked at him before turning to Minho.

“Sorry Ho-ya, I’m turning in early tonight before that kid comes back for my .” Literally.

“Don’t call me that.” Minho replied, cringing.

“Yeah you better run. We do have practice in the morning anyway.” Jongin sighed. The purple-haired boy gave him a last quick hug.

“Okay. Night In-ah~” Jongin jolted away, his eyebrow twitching at the stupid name and watched as Baekhyun strutted off to his dorm, deliberately swaying his hips. Jongin sighed.

“He never learns.”

Hey, In-ah~.” Jonghyun walked up to him, snorting with laughter. Jongin punched him in the chest.

“I don’t think Baekhyun’d mind you, aye?”

“Eugh.” He shuddered before walking up the stairs to his dormitory. Unfortunately, his brother decided to follow him up, continuing to poke fun so that he had to push him roughly.

“Oh shut it you.”

“Maybe if you give him,” Jonghyun produced a gleaming galleon out of thin air, “an incentive, he might be more blunt about it? Come on, you know you want some.”

Jongin stopped and deadpanned.

“No thanks. And when has Baekhyun ever beaten around the bush?”

Jonghyun’s grin widened and he made the coin disappear in an instant.

“You make a fair point, younger brother.”

“How the are you older than me.” Jongin shook his head.

“How the are you related to me and Jongdae?”

“Mum genes. You two have dad, remember?” he climbed into his bed. “Now shut up, I’m going to sleep.”

“Night night Innie-poo.”

He threw his pillow across the room in the general direction of his brother, met by a satisfying thump and much sniggering until he fell asleep, trying not to let unwilling thoughts of Byun Baekhyun creep in.

****************

Baekhyun kept popping up in Jongin’s life and needless to say, he was extremely good at it. Whether it be bumping into him almost every time he tried to go in or out of the portrait hole, to insisting he sit next to him for meals, to kissing him almost every chance he got.

Was this how Byun Baekhyun acted around everyone? Was Jongin just the newest addition to his multitude of touchy behaviour?

And was it weird that Jongin’s beginning to… in a way, become used to the way Byun Baekhyun just mushes his lips against his at random intervals in his day?

Half the time Baekhyun didn’t even bother pulling him aside into an unused classroom or down a darker hallway, into a broom closet, or the sort—half the time Baekhyun openly kissed him in front of as many people as the vixen wanted. It wasn’t pleasant in Jongin’s opinion when his brother jabbed him relentlessly in the ribs, mouth constantly spewing teases, but Jongin got used to it.

In fact even though Jongin would have rather thrown himself off the astronomy tower than admit it, he even started enjoying it a little. But then again who couldn’t when a body like Baekhyun’s kept popping up in your face?

****************

 “Man it’s really hot, isn’t it?” You’re hot.

Baekhyun stretched and lifted a beautiful hand with the other jerking the bottom of his robes, creating a little wind. Sweat was cascading down his forehead, dripping down the ends of his maroon hair and down his milky neck.

“Yeah it is,” Luhan mumbled. “SHOWERS!”

But when the team shuffled inside the extremely stuffy change rooms that just added to the discomfort of the summer, Baekhyun only strutted up to his locker while the others literally bolted towards the showers.

Jongin desperately wanted one too, to have the cold water hitting his burning skin after being in the sun for much too long with too much on, but Baekhyun was going to change outside, so he saw that as enough reason to wait for a shower in the castle.

His jaw dropped open for a fraction of a second, and the he shut it again abruptly, clenching it tightly.

Baekhyun had promptly taken off his shirt to reveal his bare torso in the most seductive way he could; his slender arms had gone over his head, flinging his robes over and ruffling his soft, purple hair. Long story short, he’d just stripped his whole upper body bare of any clothing. Baekhyun could almost feel the frustration and radiating off the boy staring lasers into his back. He hid his smirk in a look of over-innocence and turned around to face him.

“Do you know where my shirt is Jongin-ah?”

Jongin’s eyes darted to the shirt poking out from underneath his own Quidditch robes. He swiftly slid them into his own locker.

“Nope, haven’t seen it.”

His eyes trailed after Baekhyun as the latter moved around the change rooms, ‘unintentionally’ posing in quite suggestive ways as he looked high and low for the mysterious missing shirt. He bent down, peering under the table for Merlin knows why, but Jongin honestly didn’t give a —he had a beautifully clear view of Baekhyun’s .

He gulped, trying not to ogle at the half- beautiful work of art walking around the room, yet still stared despite himself. He tried to tear his eyes away, fist full of robes, but couldn’t manage it and ended up staring at him for a little longer.

Praise his parental figures for blessing this man with his attractive genes…wait what

Jongin struggled to take a number of deep breaths, finding the way to his lungs way too constricted with the wild thumps of his heart, but that still didn’t help his problem.

“Jongin-ah,” Baekhyun strode towards him, staring straight into his soul, “I know I’m hot but now isn’t-oh!” He stopped a precarious metre away from Jongin and, with a smile, reached past him and fished out his school shirt from the midst of Jongin’s robes.

“Here it is! Ah, you must have taken it by mistake.”

And with that, Baekhyun practically skipped out of the change rooms, leaving Jongin to crash his head against his locker.

****************

Baekhyun the shower head, letting the cool water hit him full on from within the safety of the castle. He hummed to himself, smiling in satisfaction at the reaction he had gotten from Jongin roughly ten minutes ago. Watching the innocent boy goggling at him had been way too satisfying and Baekhyun couldn’t wait to see what else he could do with him.

“Still ten days left.” He half-sang to himself as he let himself relax some more under the spray of water.

****************

Jongin lay face down in his bed.

Get a ing grip on yourself Kim Jongin. You’ve never had yet and you want to throw yourself at this…person. Just because he pops up in front of you every two and a half minutes doesn’t mean you should stare at him like that. No. Bad brain. Stop it

Jongin decided right then and there that he would go back to how he acted in the first place with Baekhyun, as though he wasn’t used to the boy constantly trying to kiss him and as though he didn’t secretly enjoy him showing off his body. No, Jongin needed to control his stupid brain. And he intended to do that.

It should be fine, I have great self-control….I think.

****************

Jongin’s resolution crumbled almost as soon as it was built up the very next evening.

It started off as just another evening in the common room, Jongin reading a book while Baekhyun was sitting halfway across the common room, chatting with some of the quidditch team. Jongin looked up, bored from his book to be met by a wink. A wink from Byun Baekhyun which made him feel slightly taken aback, blinking rather dumbly. Baekhyun merely grinned before turning back to his conversation with Luhan as though nothing happened. Jongin only stared at him for a moment longer before shrugging and turning back to his book. The common room slowly cleared out until all of Baekhyun’s friends had abandoned him, leaving him slumped and half-lying in his chair and ‘phoof’ing his hair in faint boredom. And then he noticed Jongin was still there, falling asleep over summoning charms, and began to eye him instead.

Jongin woke from his light doze and rubbed his eyes just as Baekhyun stood up abruptly from his seat and started walking towards him, making him look up and blink at him. Baekhyun walked slowly and deliberately, swaying his hips in just the right way and making him sweep his body once before lifting an eyebrow.  Baekhyun got closer and closer to Jongin who began to feel tense until….He walked straight past Jongin and over to the water jug on the windowsill. Snorting, Jongin slammed his book shut and pursed his lips, standing up. He was about to head towards the door when Baekhyun shot him another wink. Jongin stopped in his tracks, thoroughly confused.

Trying not to grin, Baekhyun finished his drink and brought up his pretty fingers to wipe the corner of his mouth. When he saw Jongin’s frown deepen in confusion he let himself flash a grin, finger lingering on the corner of his mouth. Jongin’s eyes flickered.

The vixen finally lowered his fingers and walked over to occupy Jongin’s recently vacated seat, crossing his legs. Without thinking about it, Jongin walked over to him, Baekhyun staring at him intently the whole way.

“Hello Jongin-ah.”

“Hello.” He answered cautiously.

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side before leaning it back onto the armchair, occupying it like a throne.

“Do you want to tell me anything or did you just come up to say hi?”

“What? Oh…” Why was Jongin there? “Nothing. Just hi I guess.”

“Are you sure that’s all you came to do? Say hi?” Baekhyun raised his fingers to his mouth again as he watched the last person disappear into their dorm room.

“Uh…yeah?” Jongin was teetering on turning around and walking away when Baekhyun leaned forward, taking his tie in his hand and giving it a tug to yank Jongin forward to pull him in a sort of bow, not breaking eye contact.

“Are you sure~?” Jongin just stared at him with widened eyes, breath hitching. Baekhyun gave him a devilish smile. “Was there anything else you wanted to do, Jongin-ah?”

“Uhm…not in particular.” He gulped.

“Are you suuure?” Baekhyun’s fingers started to trail up the tie, making his eyes dart everything but the boy before him. But Byun Baekhyun resolutely didn’t break his gaze on Jongin’s eyes, pulling him closer.

Ah it.

Jongin pressed in against Baekhyun. So much for self-restraint.

Baekhyun chuckled and almost brushed his lips against his ear.

“So, what do you want Kim Jongin?”

“I-I don’t know….”

Baekhyun breathed down his neck, making Jongin tense up, pinning Baekhyun to the chair, face nuzzled in his hair.

“Are you sure you don’t know?” he whispered. Jongin’s breath was getting heavier. “Because I’m pretty sure you know what you want. And I want it too.” He reached down to pop open one of Jongin’s buttons, smirking and kissing his neck lightly.

Jongin’s eyes fluttered shut and off went another button.

“Just say it Jongin-ah.” Baekhyun whispered. Jongin opened his eyes halfway, keeping them lidded.

“I-I don’t-“ Baekhyun held his waist and guided Jongin down so he was straddling the elder’s legs.

“C’mon Jongin-ah.”

“F-Fine. Just…do it, Byun.” He said jerkily, trying to hold onto the last of his dignity by the strands

“Do what, Kim?” Baekhyun replied mockingly, pressing his lips against Jongin’s pulse.

“Anything.”

Luhannie get my galleons ready.

Baekhyun smiled and parted his lips to kiss Jongin’s neck open-mouthed. A moment later, their positions had flipped and Jongin found himself with a lapful of Baekhyun, tilting his head back to give better access to his neck.

“Jongin-ah your body.” Baekhyun whispered, running his palms flat over Jongin’s torso.

“Wha-what about it?” Jongin gasped as he felt something wet across the dip of his collarbone.

“It’s so ing good.” He continued to and kiss down to his collarbone, making a nice, purple mark there. Jongin felt like the air was being out of his lungs, when his slight gasps were interrupted by the sound of a dormitory door opening. Baekhyun made no move to get off him, but Jongin jerked his head up, eyed widening.

“Quickly-get off me hyung.”

“And why would I do that?”

They heard a shuffle.

“Someone’s coming! They can’t see us like this!” He hissed in a panicked voice, doing up his buttons again.

“And why not?” Baekhyun a stripe up his ear.

“Because--because we aren’t meant to be doing…stuff.”

Jongin tried to push Baekhyun off but the older just tightened his legs around him, kissing just under his earlobe.

“And I care why?”

They person opening the door must have fallen asleep halfway down the stairs because they were taking their sweet time, but that suited Jongin just fine.

“No not you, of course you don’t care, I care!”

“Fine.” Baekhyun huffed in annoyance before getting off him and dashing to his original armchair, propping his legs up on an armrest and pretending to be asleep.

The person finally reached the bottom of the stairs. It was Jonghyun.

“Innie?” He grumbled sleepily. “The aren’t you sleep yet?”

“Hyung! I was just coming up.”

“Oh. I thought you were doing something stupid.” Jonghyun yawned before turning back around to shuffle up the stairs. “Kay then, night.”

Baekhyun opened an eyelid to wink at Jongin, who shot him one last, slightly pancicked look before scrambling up after his hyung.

Baekhyun watched as he vanished up the stairs, disappointed he didn’t even get a simple goodnight.

“Ah well,” he mumbled to himself, “nine days left.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N

*gurgles until I drown in my own shame*

Baekhyun-ah I love you and I’m sorry for what we’ve turned you into

Also finals are the biggest pain please pray for our poor souls ;-;

~Unicorn