Chapter 13-Rude

H-POP

Pairing(s); Seyeol/Chanhun

Ratings/Warnings; PG. Chanyeol probably being a dumb as usual

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“And so I pinned him up against the wall and I-hey, Pork Chanyeol! Are you listening?!”

“I-wha?” Bakehyun hit him smartly over the head.

“Oi, listen to me when I’m telling funny stories about the guys I bang!”

“But I’m not interested in the funny stories about the guys you bang.” Chanyeol mumbled, rubbing his head.

“No,” Jongdae replied, not looking up from his book, “he’s only interested in his dear Sehunnie over there.”

Baekhyun looked around and sure enough, Sehun was sitting by the lake, chatting animatedly to Jongin and Amber.

“Ohhhh.” Baekhyun said, turning back and wiggling his eyebrows. “How are you going with little Sehunnie?”

Chanyeol blushed and stared down at the grass.

“He went on a date of sorts with him last week.” Jongdae replied absently.

“You WHAT?!” Baekhyun launched himself on Chanyeol, knocking them both over. “How did it go?”

“About as well as you’d think a date with Park Chanyeol would go.” Jongdae finally closed his book and looked up, grinning slightly.

“Tell. Me. Everything.” Baekhyun shirt-fronted Chanyeol from his position lying on top of him.

“Baek…get…off.” Chanyeol wheezed, trying to push the purple haired menace off him.

“TELL ME EVERYTHING!” Baekhyun shook the front of Chanyeol’s robes, making the latter’s head wobble.

“They went for a walk where Sehun faced his mortal fear the butterfly and I turned it into a ring which Chanyeol gave to Sehun and Sehun liked and then Chanyeol sang along with a bird I sent and I also sent along a firefly show near sunset and then Sehun went off for a study date with my brother and Chanyeol got jealous so he actually performed COMPETENT MAGIC FOR ONCE and spilled ink all over Sehun’s shirt who blamed it on Jongin and then I taught Chanyeol how to clean it up because he hadn’t thought that far ahead.” Jongdae said in a toneless voice, shrugging and placing his book back into his bag

“Wait Sehun’s afraid of butterflies?”

“Wait that was YOU?!”

“Yes Sehun is apparently mortally afraid of butterflies and honestly Chanyeol, do you think that you would have talent to make any of those things happen?” Jongdae raised an eyebrow at Chanyeol, who conceded.

“But seriously though.” Baekhyun interrupted. “BUTTERFLIES? Out of the whole wide world of things to be afraid of he’s scared of butterflies? He could have been afraid of crazy psychopaths like Chanyeol when he smiles and instead he decided that he’d be afraid of butterflies? Man he’s a weird one.”

“Hey I do not look like a crazy psychopath when I smile!” Chanyeol shot back the best he could since Baekhyun had seated himself on Chanyeol’s torso.

“Yes you do.” Jongdae replied. Chanyeol huffed.

*************************************************************************

“But seriously though when are you going to work up the guts to ask him out?” Baekhyun had taken upon himself a rather annoying habit of spontaneously asking about Sehun every chance he got. Chanyeol, meanwhile, would have rather had him go back to telling him funny stories about the guys he banged.

“I told you,” he said for the umpteenth time, “I’m not going to ask him out! I don’t even want to ask him out!”

“Liar.” Baekhyun retorted promptly. “I know that you know that you want to get into his pants.”

Chanyeol spluttered.

“I do NOT want to get into his pants!”

“Yeah, sure you don’t.” Baekhyun said in a mockingly sceptic voice.

“Maybe you just want Sehun out of the way so that you can have little Jonginnie all to yourself.” Chanyeol snapped. Baekhyun grinned slyly.

“I like my prey to be just that; mine and no one else’s.”

“Stay off my brother.” Jongdae warned, shooting Baekhyun a look.

“What, are you worried for your little brother Innie?”

“No, I just don’t want to put up with my dear mother’s reaction to it. Trust me, you don’t want to be on the other end of the howler she’s going to send if she finds out Jongin gets laid before either me or Jonghyun. Although at this point she’s suspecting Hyun to be aual so it’s going to be me getting all the .”

Baekhyun stared at Jongdae, slightly confused. Chanyeol, who was too used to Jongdae’s mother, just kept walking his long-legged strides, eyes trained on a certain blonde head bobbing through the crowd.

****************************************************************************

Chanyeol looked around but try as he might, he just couldn’t spot Jongdae in the throng of hungry students making their way so the great hall.

“Come on Jongdae where are you…” he muttered to himself, easily looking above all the heads to looks for his Ravenclaw friend.

“Yo Yeol, watcha doing?”

“Oh hey Baekhyun,” Chanyeol glanced down at him before gazing over the bustling crowd again, “I’m just trying to look for Jongdae.”

“Jongdae?” Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol, getting a great view of his nostrils. “I think he said he was going to check on something.”

“Check on something?” Chanyeol finally looked down properly at Baekhyun, ridding the sight of his nostrils. Thank.

“Yeah, something about a potion.”

“A potion…wonder what that’s about?” Baekhyun simply shrugged.

“You coming down to lunch?”

“What? Oh, yeah sure.”

They walked down the corridor together, which was much emptier now that most of the people had already made their way in. As they were descending the stairs to the entrance hall, a blonde figure seemed to pop out of nowhere, cursing quietly.

“Hey Sehun-ah!” Chanyeol positively beamed.

“Oh hey hyung. Late to dinner as well?”

“Yeah, I was looking for Jongdae. Why are you late?”

“I had to go put some books back. Jongin said he’d wait but the bastard went off without me.” Sehun shot a glare into the entrance hall where the offending boy was undoubtedly there somewhere.

“Aw that’s too bad.” Chanyeol gave him a pout, which sprung back up to his usual maniac smile in the blink of an eye. “Shall we-“

They were interrupted by footsteps coming from the stairs to the Hufflepuff common room.

“Jongdae!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “Where the have you been?”

“I’ll explain later. Hey Sehun, hey Baekhyun.”

“Hey hyung.”

“Sup .”

Jongdae tried to elbow Baekhyun in the ribs but missed.

“Come on, let’s go to dinner.” Chanyeol said, and he led them all in.

Dinner was relatively ordinary, Baekhyun ran off to where Luhan was, before dragging him down the table to sit with Jongin. Meanwhile Sehun and Chanyeol made their way to the Slytherin table, with Jongdae in tow.

“So are you going to tell me where you’ve been?” Chanyeol asked as he sat down and pulled the bread basket towards him.

“Nope.” Jongdae answered, ladling stew onto his plate.

“But you said-“

“I said later, Yeol. Have some patience.” Chanyeol frowned in disapproval, but was quickly interrupted by Sehun.

“Hey, hyung?”

“Yeah?” Chanyeol whipped his head around and nearly hit Jongdae in the face with his hair.

“Son of a b-“ Chanyeol elbowed him to shut up.

“Do you think you could help me out with my charms homework? I’ve been stuck since yesterday and I still can’t do a proper summoning charm.”

“Oh, uhm,” Chanyeol’s face fell into anxiousness, “I dunno I’m not really good at charms. Maybe you should ask Jongd-“

“Nope.” Jongdae interjected. “I have to do something. Chanyeol’ll help you Sehun, he’s great at summoning charms.”

“Really? Thanks hyung!” Sehun beamed at Chanyeol, who gave a wobbly smile back.

When they had both finished eating Sehun asked Chanyeol whether they should go to the library or the common room.

“Uhhhm, common room. No vulture librarian.”

“Okay let’s go!” Sehun said cheerfully.

“Actually I uhm, need to go to the bathroom. I’ll just meet you there?” when he had nodded and turned down the stairs, Chanyeol whipped around to Jongdae. “Jongdae help me I can’t do a proper summoning charm either.”

Rolling his eyes, Jongdae hurriedly went through the basics of a summoning charm with him, and he spent the whole walk down to the common room trying to summon whatever small objects he could see around. It was only when he accidentally summoned a girl who was walking past and she giggled at him, batting her eyelashes, that he decided that was enough practice.

“Chanyeol-hyung! Over here!” Chanyeol entered the common room and immediately spotted Sehun, who was waving at him from a corner. As he was walking over he noticed that Kim Jongin was also sat beside him.

“You don’t mind do you?” Sehun asked as Chanyeol sat down, eyeing Jongin. “I told him you were going to help me and he asked if he could join in too.”

“Yeah sure, no problem!” Chanyeol replied, his usual smile plastered onto his face. “Okay let’s start this.”

Chanyeol thought the whole  thing went rather smoothly. He successfully summoned Key’s mirror from halfway across the common room, thoroughly annoying said boy, Sehun managed to summon a heavy candelabra from the mantelpiece and Jongin sat through the whole of Chanyeol’s explanation, zooming various objects towards him in a lazy fashion. Chanyeol wondered why he was even there, because he didn’t seem to be having any trouble at all.

“Why didn’t you just ask Jongin? He seemed to know what he was doing.” Chanyeol asked as they both started up the stairs to the dorm rooms.

“Because Jongin’s a prick who can’t explain anything properly. And I don’t trust him.”

“And you trust me?” Chanyeol asked, eyes lighting up hopefully. Sehun nodded, but didn’t elaborate and just bade him goodnight before disappearing behind his dorm room. Chanyeol didn’t go to bed, but raced out in search for Jongdae.

His friend, as it turns out, was in the kitchens, brewing some sort of potion.

“Sup Yeol.” He gave his friend a nod, indicating that he sit on the stool next to him.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked, eagerly taking a seat and peering in at the bubbling cauldron.

“Making a transfiguration potion.”

“Why are you doing that?”

“I’m studying the theory of animal transfiguration so that it’ll help with making an animagus.”

Chanyeol stared at Jongdae confusedly.

“Animagus…you mean where you can change into whatever animal you want?”

“No,” Jongdae replied patiently, “you can only turn into one animal, but you can do it at will and without a wand.”

“Cool.” Chanyeol stared in awe again at the potion. “What animal are you going to be?”

“You don’t actually know until you’ve done it. Kind of like a patronus.”

“Bet you’re a t-rex.” Jongdae slapped him.

“If you’re going to ask questions then ask proper ones.”

“Fine. Does that mean your animagus is going to be a dolphin? Because that’s your patronus, isn’t it?.”

Jongdae paused in the act of stirring his potion.

“You know what that’s actually a very good question.”

“Because I’m just imagining you morphing into a dolphin and flapping around on the floor and making really weird dolphin noi-OW OKAY OKAY IM SORRY NO MORE STUPID QUESTIONS.” Jongdae stopped whacking his friend on the head with his stirring spoon.  Chanyeol waited for a few more moments before cautiously redirecting the conversation.

“Is your brother bad at charms?”

“Which one? Wait never mind they’re both bad.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Jongin. Is he bad at charms?”

“I just told you,” Jongdae said impatiently, “both my brothers are at charms.”

There was a pause.

“Okay rephrasing the question. Is Jongin bad at charms for normal-people standards?”

“Oh, nah he’s pretty good.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Then why did he need to tag along with Sehun?”

“He what?” Jongdae asked vaguely, glancing up from reading how many beetle wings he would have to powder.

“You know how Sehunnie asked me if I could help him? Yeah well Jongin was there too but he seemed to have no trouble summoning .”

“Jonginnie’s been able to do the summoning charm since last year.” Jongdae frowned slightly, but then shrugged and turned back to the instructions. “Maybe Sehun asked him to come with him.”

“But why?” Chanyeol asked irritably.

“Because you’re intimidating?”

“I am?”

“Not really but if I were him I wouldn’t want to be near your smiling face alone for extended periods of time.”

“But you do.”

“Indeed I do. I wonder how I manage.”

Chanyeol pouted and put his chin on the desk.

“Am I that bad?”

“No Yeol I was kidding.” Jongdae reassured, pouring the ground wings into the cauldron and watching as the contents turned from green to a light, pastel pink. “Maybe he just thinks it’s a little awkward with you and wanted company.”

“Well how do I make it so that he isn’t awkward with me?”

“Patience and slow progress, lover boy. And maybe tone down on the creepy smiles.”

**********************************************************

“You owe me one.”

“No I don’t, you needed that you’re at summoning spells.”

“I’ve known how to do them since last year!”

“Doesn’t mean you’re still at them.” Jongin shot Sehun a glare.

“Why did you even drag me along with you anyway?”

“Because I needed company.”

“You had big eared freaky teeth! And both of you practically ignored me anyway.”

“Maybe I needed moral support.” Sehun said stubbornly.

“What, with Chanyeol-hyung?”

“No with the charm you idiot!”

“Wait…do you like him?!”

“No!” Sehun turned slightly pink. Jongin gasped and hit him on the shoulder.

“You DO!”

“I do not! I just think he’s a nice hyung.”

Jongin stared sceptically at his friend, but dropped it when Sehun elbowed him into a suit of armour.

“I’m walking you to your common room at least have some ing manners.”

“Says the one who just knocked me into a ing suit of armour.” Sehun ignored him.

“Seriously though out of all the people to like you choose Chanyeol-hyung?”

“What’s wrong with him?” He said defensively.

“I’m just saying,” Jongin said with a shrug as they reached the Gryffindor common room, “you had so many options and you decided to go for Mr. Big-eared Clutz.”

He scrambled through the portrait hole before Sehun retort. Grumbling to himself, he turned around slowly and started making his way back down the stairs.

“Stupid Jongin, stupid little who can’t even do a good summoning charm, stupid ungrateful brat why am I even gracing him with my friendsh-Oh hey Chanyeol hyung!”

“Sehun-ah!” Chanyeol exclaimed with pleasant surprise. “I thought you’d gone to bed?”

“Jonginnie wanted me to walk him back to his common room, little brat.” Chanyeol nodded and Sehun continued. “I mean, I go to the trouble of walking him all the way up to Gryffindor tower and all he does is be an ungrateful, rude peasant who-“

They walked back to their own common room, Sehun ranting on about how terrible Jongin was and Chanyeol smiling and nodding next to him, not taking in half of what Sehun was saying but basking in the fact that by what Sehun was saying, he definitely did not like Kim Jongin.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N

The actual process of becoming an animagus is not yet known because JK Rowling hasn’t revealed any information on the matter. Also I have no idea what the potion Jongdae was making was, because I couldn’t find anything on it.

This chapter is so bad OTL I’m sorry.

*whispers* we may or may not see a new ship emerging next chapter? :D

~Unicorn