Chapter 15-Countdown

H-POP

Pairing(s); Baekkai

Rating/Notes; Marina and the Diamonds-Bubblegum

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jongin jogged into the changing rooms, shaking off some of the rain dripping off him. The rest of the team had already left oweing to the fact that he had volunteered to put the ball crate back like a good boy. Or at least, he thought everyone had already left until Byun Baekhyun casually strolled out of the showers with nothing on but a towel half-heartedly wrapped around his slender waist.

“Oh hey Jongin-ah!” Baekhyun said with feigned surprise and not-so-feigned delight.

“B-Baekhyun hyung!” Jongin went frog-eyed and quickly averted his gaze. “Sorry I didn’t realise you were still here…”

“Oh no it’s fine.” Baekhyun chuckled, walking over to his locker at an agonizingly slow pace. Jongin stood poker still, staring resolutely at the inside of his own locker and determinetly not at the boy who was snickering slightly, finally pulling on a shirt and a pair of boxers. When he suddenly felt a hot breath on his neck, Jongin spun around and slattened himself against the lockers, coming face-to-face with Baekhyun.

“H-hyung?”

“As much as I love your y wet hair,” Baekhyun said softly, walking his fingers up Jongin’s arm, “I wouldn’t want our seeker getting sick, would we? Go take a shower. I wouldn’t mind taking another one with you, if you like.” He added a flash of a grin and a wink, just for effect.

“Oh, right. Shower. I-I’ll go d-do that.” And with that he walked robot-like into the showers, still determinately avoiding Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Would you like me to wash your back for you?” Baekhyun called after him.

“N-n-no thanks! I th-think I’ll manage.”

“Okay, don’t take too long!Baekhyun said sweetly.

Jongin stood under the hot spray for a while, trying not to let thoughts of Baekhyun curl up like the steam around the walls. When he finally turned the water off and reached for a towel, he realised he hadn’t brought one in.

“ ,” He muttered under his breath, “what do I do?”

Jongin took a deep breath and tentatively poked his head out of the showers.

I don’t think Baekhyun hyung is h-

“Oh hey Jongin-ah! You done?”

Never mind.

“Y-yeah, but I…”

“Hmmm?” Baekhyun stood up and walked over to Jongin. “What is it?”

“I…I don’t have a towel or anything…”

“Ohhh.” A smirk crossed Baekhyun’s face. “Would you like me to get you one? Or you could just come out like that, I really wouldn’t mind.”

“Errm, just the towel please.” Jongin said in a small voice.

“Aww, you sure?” he said with a giggle, but threw a towel at him anyway. Jongin took it and hurriedly wrapped it around his waist, but it didn’t stop his top half being exposed, making Baekhyun eye him openly and give out a low whistle. Blushing, Jongin hurriedly walked over to his locker to fetch his clothes.

Noticing his blush, Baekhyun chuckled and walked over to him, tracing a finger up his spine.

“What are you so embarrassed about, Jongin-ah? It’s not every day one sees a body like yours.”

Jongin shuddered at the touch and turned around, flattening his back against the locker.

“H-hyung don’t.”

“Don’t what?” Baekhyun asked ‘innocently’, hand now resting on Jongin’s chest.

“D-don’t, you know…” he looked down at the hand on his torso.

“Don’t…?” Jongin’s breath hitched as the fingers started to trail down his torso and hurriedly pushed his hand away.

“What’s wrong Jongin-ah?” Baekhyun asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Don’t do this, B-Baekhyun hyung.”

Baekhyun let a grin slip past his lips, raising his hand again to run it across the muscles at his shoulders.

“What am I doing?” Jongin held onto his wrist, stopping him.

“That. That’s what you’re doing.”

“Is there anything wrong with it?” Baekhyun feigned in a confused, slightly hurt tone.

“Errm, well I…I don’t find it…” Jongin coughed. “I don’t find it comfortable…”

Baekhyun smiled at the boy, it was hard not to with his amount of innocence.

“How would you like it then?”

“L-like it? What do you mean?”

He chuckled, leaning a little closer and tracing his collarbones.

“As in, how would you like me to touch it to make it…’comfortable’?”

He felt Jongin shuddered at his touch.

“H-hyung I don’t, I’m not…”

Baekhyun pressed up a little more, trailing his fingers down his arms now.

“Look at your arms Jongin,” he muttered, “your muscles are so nice.”

Oh gosh make it go away, make him go away please.

Jongin closed his eyes shut as Baekhyun’s sinful fingers began to lightly brush his abs, hot breath making its way onto Jongin’s neck as Baekhyun got closer and closer. Jongin just shut his eyes even tighter, trying not to react as he heard his hyung whisper into his ear.

“Jongin-ah~”

“H-hyung?” his voice came out close to a whimper. Baekhyun gripped the rim of his towel, pulling on it slightly.

“y as Jongin.”

“H-hyung please.” Jongin whispered.

“Yes?” He could hear the smirk in Baekhyun’s voice.

“Please stop…”

Baekhyun let out a low chuckle before he released the hand that was holding his towel, making it drop. Yelping a little, Jongin bent down quickly to catch it again before it stopped providing cover for him. Baekhyun merely sat down on a bench across from him, watching with an amused expression as red started to flush its way up Jongin’s face.

“You’re so cute Jongin-ah~.” He cooed, which did nothing to help with the blushing. Jongin decided not to answer, and instead turned around to quickly put on his clothes. Thankfully Baekhyun made no more moves towards Jongin, deciding instead to sit there and watch him silently as he got into his robes. When he was done Baekhyun hopped up, wrapping both his arms around one of Jongin’s.

“You done?”

“Y-yeah.” The blush that had just made its way out of his face sprung back again in a matter of seconds.

“Let’s go to dinner then!” Baekhyun pulled him through the door, gabbling on about how he takes ages to have a shower as the poor boy walked by next to him, going back into robot mode and not saying a single word.

“-But you looked really y after showering so that made up for it. Anyway, see you later Jongin-ah!”

And with a grin and a wink, Baekhyun was gone, giving Jongin space to finally breathe a little.

Good going Kim Jongin, you did well. See? You can self-control. Let’s keep this up.

After all, if he didn’t react, Baekhyun would stop trying to get at him, wouldn’t he?

****************

“Why are you so late for dinner?” Luhan asked as Baekhyun sat down next to him.

“I was waiting for Jonginnie. Hot damn Luhannie you should see the boy’s abs, he’s on legs.”

Luhan’s eyes widened.

“You did it already?!”

“Nope.” He shook his head, making his friend breathe a sigh of relief he hadn’t just lost two galleons. “Hey, I’m close though. And besides, seven whole days left.”

“Oi you,” Changmin interjected, pointing a finger at Baekhyun sternly, “you make sure that the boy can walk after your little mumbo jumbo, got that? I’m not going to lose the Quidditch cup just because one of my keepers couldn’t control his pants.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“I won’t go that hard on him! ….what, why are you all staring at me?”

****************

Jongin swept his eyes over the library in search of where to return the very few books he held under his arm only to double take and recieve the scare of his life.

There, sitting at a table trying to cram in his homework and gnawing on the end of his quill, sat Byun Baekhyun.

Only because he’d get mega detention if it wasn’t done, but still.

Baekhyun looked up in frustration and his eyes fell on Jongin. He raised a hand, instantly sitting up straighter to wave and beckon at him over.

Jongin looked around, making sure Baekhyun wasn’t coincidentally directing it to someone else before cautiously making his way over.

Once within relative ear-shot distance, Baekhyun hissed under his breath, “Oh my gosh Jongin thank goodness you're here. I REALLY need help with this charms homework and I'm totally lost.”

Jongin blinked. “Uhh… I’m not sure if I’ll be able to help…”

Because Baekhyun was stuck on fifth grade work. Jongin is in fourth grade.

“It's this locomotor charm thingie. I just don't get it.”

He didn’t seem to want to listen, so Jongin shrugged and pulled out his own wand, leaning over Baekhyun to scan over his notes. Eyes continuously glancing from Baekhyun’s piece of parchment to Baekhyun’s quill, Jongin furrowed his brows, flicking his wand.

“There we go,” he mumbled, watching the quill shift backward a good inch or so. “So maybe it’s the wand movement that’s kind of hard…” he lowered his head, resuming burying into Baekhyun’s hand-written notes.

Baekhyun stared, eyes rounded. “How did you do that??”

“You just follow your own notes! The wand movement like this...!” Jongin showed him again, flicking his wrist upwards, eyes fixed on Baekhyun’s expression.

“But I-” Baekhyun tried, only making his pencil case wobble.

“Keep trying,” Jongin urged.

Baekhyun didn’t find himself anywhere nearer success. He turned in his seat, looking up at Jongin in despair.

Jongin reached over to take his hand in his own, slowly flicking Baekhyun’s wand, and watching his pencil case roll back a couple of steps.

“Oh~” Jongin let him go, Baekhyun then trying again on his own, and a miracle occurred.

“There, see?”

Baekhyun hugged his waist and kissed him, widely grinning. “Thanks Jongin-ah!”

“That’s okay….” Jongin cleared his throat, looking bashfully awkward with his eyes darting all over the place and pushed himself away a bit.

Baekhyun smiled at him, looking really happy while packing away his things, standing up and waiting for him to return his books before walking out the library.

“Hey Jongin-ah?”

Jongin turned from where he was a few steps ahead, originally planning on taking his leave.

“What?”

“Will you tutor me in charms?”

“..........hyung, you're a year above me.”

“But you're better than me.”

Jongin sighed. “There are other people better than me hyung.” Like Jongdae. But don’t ask Jongdae. Jongin still hadn’t found out whether his brother really knew any illegal spells.

“But I want you to teach me~”

Another sigh. “Oh whatever… I guess it could be okay…”

Baekhyun clapped like a seal and bounded forwards to kiss his cheek. “Thank you Jongin-ah~ you’re the best!”

Jongin was ashamed to admit he might’ve had a very, very light blush going on. “It’s okay…”

“Well, I need to go now, I promised Luhannie I’d help him shake off that Slytherin stalker. See you around Jongin-ah!” Baekhyun have him one last kiss before heading up the stairs.

It didn’t occur to Baekhyun until he was halfway up that he had completely forgotten about the bet during the whole encounter with Jongin. Normally he would have been annoyed at himself, having passed up a great opportunity but for some reason he didn’t. It actually felt kind of nice, having a ‘normal’ conversation with Jongin without constantly thinking about how he should get inside the other boy’s pants. Baekhyun considered dropping the bet just so he could get to see Jongin’s innocence for a bit longer, but then quickly shook it off at the thought of his galleons on the line.

Don’t be stupid Byun Baekhyun, six days left.

****************

 “Hi Jongin!”

Jongin jumped about a foot in the air and clutched a hand over his heart.

“ing heck hyung, don’t jump out at me like that.” He wasn’t entirely sure that Baekhyun was listening, said boy was currently giggling madly. Once he had managed to calm down, he slung his arms around Jongin’s neck and kissed him lightly.

“You’re so cute Jongin-ah.” Jongin just sort of stood there, looking as though he’d been put on a full body binding curse. “Jongin-ah? Jongin~?”

Why isn’t he replying? Did I break him?

Baekhyun pursed his lips, thinking about how to reboot Kim Jongin ver.1994, and then an idea came to him, spreading his face alight in his not-so-light plan. He promptly tightened his grip around Jongin’s neck and jumped up, wrapping his legs around the poor boy’s waist and slamming their lips together.

“ING HYU-SAEFDKJSD.” They both went tumbling to the floor, like that, Baekhyun’s legs and arms wrapped around Jongin like some sort of four-legged-probably--octopus. Jongin hit his head harshly on the stone floor and hissed in pain.

“Oh Jongin I’m so sorry Jongin-ah answer me I didn’t mean for you to fall over I just wanted you to work again what if I’ve killed him oh Jongin-ah answer me!”

Jongin reached out blindly and his hand managed to find Baekhyun’s mouth, shutting him up.

“Hyung I think you gave me concussion.” He groaned. “I need you to shut up and take me to the hospital wing. Or Jongdae. Actually I take that back don’t take me to Jongdae.”

Baekhyun gave a muffled hum and nodded. Once his vision stopped being black, Jongin removed his hand and tried to stand up as slowly as possible. Baekhyun helped his up, arms around Jongin in a now non-ual and more supportive-I-don’t-want-you-to-die way, mouth shut determinately so that he wouldn’t talk and make Jongin’s headache worse.

Ten minutes later the doors burst open to reveal Byun Baekhyun supporting a Kim Jongin and opening his mouth to finally speak.

“MADAM POMFREY I ACCIDENTALLY GAVE JONGINNIE CONCUSSION HELP.”

Madam Pomfrey came rushing out of her office hushing Baekhyun.

“Shhh! Bring him over here and stop being so loud.”

Through the whole short period of Jongin getting his head fixed, Baekhyun sat loyally by his side, clutching his hand and rubbing it as though he was going through a life-threatening procedure.

This hyung is weird. One moment he’s like a vixen and the next he’s like a tiny puppy.

“Right you’re done.” Madam Pomfrey announced. “You should take it easy for the rest of the day though, until the charm finishes its work.”

Jongin thanked her and walked out of the hospital wing, Baekhyun by his side gabbling again.

“Oh my gosh thank goodness you’re alright, I’m so sorry Jongin-ah, I promise I won’t do that again without warning you. Okay maybe I will but I’ll be  more careful when I do.”

“Hyung hyung shhhh it’s okay.”

“But it’s not! I gave you concussion!”

“I’m okay now, she said so!” Jongin threw his arms up in exasperation.

“But I still feel bad.” Baekhyun pouted. “Here, I’ll make it up to you.”

And before he could argue or even say anything, he was pulled into an empty classroom and thoroughly kissed.

“Hmmng!” Jongin pushed Baekhyun away as hard as he could without actually knocking him over.

“What? What’s wrong?” Baekhyun looked at him, wide-eyed. Jongin didn’t think Baekhyun understood that this was unusual and weird for Jongin, so he tried to make up an excuse.

“Uhhm, my head hurts…I’m, uh, going to go lie down a little, okay?”

“Oh, oh yeah sure thing.” Baekhyun nodded and linked arms with him again, leading him back to the common room.

Four days left Baekhyun…

Shut up brain, he has concussion.

****************

As his brain continued to count down the days until the end of the bet, Baekhyun found himself constantly making excuses for himself as to why he couldn’t just jump Jongin then and there.

He’s studying, wouldn’t want to interrupt that.

He’s going to class, I’ll get him into trouble.

He’s eating now, he needs to eat to have energy!

We have practice tomorrow, Changmin would kill me.

I’ve got two whole days left, easy, right?

Well it certainly would have been easy if Baekhyun actually made any moves on Jongin. But instead he found himself talking to the boy, hanging around him and joking and laughing, showing innocent hugs and cuddles instead of anything too much more (in Baekhyun’s eyes anyway. Regular kisses weren’t exactly ‘innocent’ in Jongin’s book).

Luhan, Baekhyun’s best friend, definitely noticed the fact that his buddy kept going off to the new seeker and that he wasn’t bragging or complaining about the bet. Which was why he didn’t say anything when the due date arrived. Because Byun Baekhyun was acting very un-Baekhyun like and Luhan really wanted to know more. Because Luhan is a curious little .

And so the two weeks came and went and no one said a word.

___________________________________________________

THIS CHAPTER IS LIKE SO BAD IM SORRY

~Unicorn