Chapter 7-Fairy Dae-mother

H-POP

Pairing(s); Seyeol, Bromance Chenyeol

Rating/Notes; PG, Chanyeol being a Chanderella

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was lunch and Chanyeol was sitting next to Jongdae, but his mind and eyes were a few tables down, concentrated on Oh Sehun who was with his fellow fourth year friends. Jongdae, of course, noticed this, and elbowed his friend in the ribs.

“What?” Chanyeol jolted, looking around.

“Just go talk to him.” He urged.

Chanyeol shook his head. “After I completely embarrassed myself with the fake lucky potion? No way.”

“Oh come on! You’re not going to get anywhere unless you go up to him.” Jongdae started relentlessly poking Chanyeol with his wand, but the latter just wiggled away.

“I don’t even know what to say to him!”

“Just ask him out for a walk, it’s really nice weather.”

Chanyeol sighed and nodded determinately.

“Right, right okay.”  He stood up and took a deep breath…and then sat back down quickly. “Nonono nope I can’t do it Jongdae.”

Jongdae groaned. “Yes you can you fat giant, just get your arse off this chair and GO UP TO HIM FOR S SAKE.” He pulled out his wand and held it to Chanyeol’s neck, who quickly stood up again at the threat of Kim Jong Dae and his almighty wand (innuendo not intended).

“Okay okay okay.” He slowly shuffled towards Sehun anxiously, encouraged by Jongdae half glaring him down.

“uhhm, h-hey Sehun…”

Sehun turned around and gave him a quick smile. “Hey hyung.”

Jongdae motioned for him to keep going and pointed out towards the window.

“Uhm, nice day today, huh?”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Sehun answered, looking up at the ceiling that reflected a clear blue sky and fluffy clouds.

“Do you, uhhhm, want to go out for a walk?”

“Sure why not.” He shrugged before standing up.

Chanyeol, not expecting him to say yes, awkwardly stood there not knowing what the I was meant to do as Sehun walked ahead but glanced behind as he noticed Chanyeol wasn’t following

“Come on hyung, didn’t you say you wanted to walk?” He grabbed hold of Chanyeol’s hand and led him out, making him nearly hyperventilate and stare down at their hands like ‘ing he’s touching me, he’s TOUCHING ME’.

They made it out to the grounds without any fainting or freaking out on Chanyeol’s part and slowed down to a stroll to admire the cool Autumn day, Sehun conveniently forgetting to let go of Chanyeol’s hand.

Sehun spotted a patch of flowers and dragged Chanyeol over to it, ‘ooh’ing and Chanyeol bent down to pick a particularly pretty lavender-colored one, handing it to the other boy who took it quite happily.

“Hey look Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol pointed out, noticing something small and blue in the air, “it’s a butterfly.”

He expected Sehun to look over and marvel at the beauty of the insect, but instead he gave out something resembling a high pitched shriek and jumped behind Chanyeol, clutching onto him tightly.

“WHERE. WHERE IS IT?!”

“Uhhhhm….??” Chanyeol’s ears started burning as he flailed around.

“WHERE’S THE BUTTERFLY?! KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE.”

Chanyeol drew out his wand and spluttered, flailing the stick around with no idea what the he was meant to do. However, as he was waving his wand around, the butterfly morphed and solidified, curling around itself to make a silver ring glittering with little sapphires.

As Chanyeol looked down in confusion at the ring Sehun buried his face into the elder’s neck and said in a muffled voice ,”Is it gone yet.”

“…uuuuhhhhhmm…” He bent down, picked the ring up and showed it to the boy who peeked out from his shoulder.

“Woah,” his eyes widened, “how did you do that?”

“I, uhm…magic?” Chanyeol said uncertainly, offering the ring to Sehun.

“Really? I can have it?” Sehun asked, looking up questioningly at Chanyeol.

“Yeah, yeah it’s…uhm, it’s for you.”

“Wow thanks hyung!” He took the ring and put it on his ring finger, holding it up to the light. “It’s so pretty.”

Chanyeol didn’t reply, he was too busy wondering what the was going on.

“Wanna go down by the lake?” he asked, breaking Chanyeol out of his thoughts.

“O-okay, whatever you want.” He mumbled.

Sehun led the way, half-skipping happily to the lake and sitting beneath an old beech tree, Chanyeol awkwardly trailing after him.

They sat there for a while in silence, staring out at the lake which was briefly obstructed by a running Seungri, who was quickly followed by a screaming Jessica. Chanyeol fidgeted with some of the fallen leaves near them, not knowing what to do.

A small bird flew in and settled on a nearby bush, tweeting to the tune of a song. Chanyeol looked over and stared at the bird absently before recognizing the song and starting to sing along to it. Sehun watched on in faint wonder, the older boy reaching out a finger toward the bird and moving it to his shoulder where they started a sort of harmonizing duet. At the end of the song, the bird hopped back off to the bush, looking rather pleased with itself.

“Weird bird, how did it know that song?” Chanyeol mused.

“Might have heard it somewhere. Or it could be someone’s pet.” Sehun shrugged.

“Probably, yeah.”

Sehun stretched and lay down on the grass, staring up at the clouds through the leaves of the tree. While Sehun wasn’t watching, the small bird snuck back to Chanyeol, dropping the pink flower that it had clasped in its beak before quite literally disappearing.

Vaguely ignoring the feeling that he was turning into Cinderella, Chanyeol took the flower and gently poked it behind Sehun’s ear. Sehun let him, but didn’t particularly react otherwise.

The sun started setting over the lake, casting orange spectrums over the water as the two of them stayed at the side of the lake, Sehun lying down and Chanyeol sitting next to him.

“Hey look,” Chanyeol said suddenly, pointing towards the lake, “fireflies.”

Sehun sat up to stare at the little orbs of light that were skimming the surface of the lake. After a few minutes of watching the fireflies float with an almost choreographed grace, Chanyeol found himself staring at Sehun instead; the way his eyes glistened in reflection of the setting sun, the way his lips were slightly parted in awe as he watched the dwindling fireflies float upwards and towards the tree they were sitting under, landing to rest on the branches and leaves like Christmas lights. Sehun sighed in content but Chanyeol noticed him shivering slightly, and wondered if he should hand him his jumper. He decided to chicken out instead.

“Want to go back up for dinner? It’s getting cold.”

“Yeah okay.” Sehun replied, standing up.

Sehun turned to Chanyeol when they had reached the Entrance Hall again.

“Well I’d better go, I promised Jonginnie I’d do the potions essay with him.”

“O-oh, okay.” Chanyeol stood there, watching as Sehun ran off with another word of thanks for the ring.

“Well didn’t that go well?” Jongdae commented, popping out of nowhere. Chanyeol jumped and nearly tripped backwards.

“ing you nearly gave me a heart attack.”

“Shame I didn’t.” he clicked his tongue. “So…”

“So what.” Chanyeol said, staring at him.

“How did it go~?”

“Uhm, a whole bunch of weird happened and I felt like Cinderella and I gave him a butterfly ring which he seemed happy about and I think he’s just gone on a study date with your brother.” Chanyeol said in one big go. None of this really surprised Jongdae, he was there for the whole thing (because how do you have Cinderella without her magical fairy godmother).

“So are you bothered by the date?” Jongdae asked.

“Nothing much I can do about if it is a date.” Chanyeol shrugged, trying to look nonchalant.

“You’re not curious at all?” Jongdae asked casually. “Because I am.”

“I don’t just want to barge in and look like an idiot when I was actually okay today.”

“We aren’t going to barge in you doofus, we’re going to spy on them.”

“Oh okay then let’s go.” Chanyeol said at once. Jongdae rolled his eyes and they started walking towards the library together. They managed to sneak behind a bookshelf and peeked over to the backsides of Jongin and Sehun, where they strained their ears to listen to what seemed to be an argument.

“No I’m telling you, it was 1520!” Sehun was whispering.

“No, the hogsmeade one! It did not end in a zero.” Jongin retorted.

“That was 1820-something though I swear.”

“What, no! That’s way too late on!”

“Kim-ing­-Jongin I am telling you I am right!” Sehun whisper-shouted, turning to Jongin angrily.

“Come on Sehun, there’s no way it was in the 1800s. It was either 1512 or 1712 it’s like ing ancient."

“Fine! 1720s then.”

Chanyeol was listening intently to their argument while Jongdae was trying very hard not to slap himself in the face with the nearest book because the Goblin Rebellion that they were talking about actually occurred in 1612 and his brother was an absolute idiot.

“No it was not a ing tens year!” Jongin was saying. “Gosh Sehun, look through your ing notes!”

“I don’t have my notes.” He replied. “I let Suzy borrow them. Check yours!”

Jongin rolled his eyes and reached into his back for his book, accidentally bumping into a closed bottle of ink which knocked over, spilling ink all over the front of Sehun’s shirt. Sehun stood up and immediately moved away from the table, cursing. Jongdae stared over at Chanyeol, impressed that he’d actually managed to open the ink bottle effectively. Still he dragged Chanyeol all the way back to the Slytherin common room and sat him down.

“Right, now I have to teach you how to actually get it off.”

“Oh yeah, didn’t think about that bit.” Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“Of course, there’s always something you miss out on.”

They spend ten minutes quickly trying to rush through the syphoning charm until Chanyeol could perform it half-decently.

“Yeah okay, close enough.” Jongdae said as Sehun made his appearance, shirt half stained black and looking thoroughly bad tempered. Chanyeol waved cheerily and Jongdae, being a weird thing, managed to slip back into the cracks of the ground unnoticed.

“Hi Sehun-ah, what happened to your shirt?”

“Jongin accidentally spilt ink over it.” He sighed in reply. Chanyeol gave a ridiculous attempt at a pout.

“Oh no, come here lemme fix it for you.”

Sehun eyed him uncertainly as Chanyeol made him sit down in the nearest armchair and pointed his wand at the inked shirt, screwing his face up in concentration. He successfully managed to syphon off most of the ink, leaving only a small patch left.

“Oh t-thank you hyung.” Sehun exclaimed, looking surprised to say the least.

“No problem.” Chanyeol replied, smiling. Sehun smiled back and stood up, deciding to go to his dorm. Chanyeol waited until he was gone before fist pumping the air in a horribly anime way, earning several strange looks from the surrounding students.

____________________________________________________

A/N

I know i just put 3 Seyeol ones in a row we switch back to Baekkai next chapter I'm sorry it was necessary. I think. I JUST REALLY LIKE SEYEOL OKAY IT NEEDS LOVE AND ATTENTION

~Unicorn

 

Sorry not sorry unicorn I felt it's about time to post this :PPP

you're welcome.

~bunny