Episode 26 - Braveheart

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 26 – Braveheart 

 

 

Head hang low. A sense of shame consumed Tiffany. She had never felt so defeated. So useless. She just walked away from her twins’ birthday party. She sat at a bench outside the hall. The night breeze was cold. She didn’t mind. She needs a breather. It was supposed to be her standing beside Taeyeon. She should be the one holding the twins. She should’ve been the one hosting this. But she couldn’t say anything when she sees the laughter of her children and Taeyeon’s chin dimpled smile. 


Then the doctor’s words replayed in her mind. She was diagnosed with brain tumour. It was putting pressure on the nerves of her frontal lobe. A surgery is needed. It’s inevitable. It would be a lie to say she’s not afraid. Anxious and petrified is more precise. Will she be able to recover after? Will there be any complications? Will she survive and see her children again? Tiffany let out a sigh. She buried her face in her right hand. Trying to stop herself from overthinking. She don’t want to get headaches at times like this.


Suddenly, a hand grips her shoulder. Looking up she saw Taeyeon standing beside her with a warm smile. She grabs Taeyeon’s hand as the woman sat beside her. It’s amazing how perfectly their hands fit together. She gently kisses the palm of Taeyeon. She knows she wasn’t supposed to do it but she wasn’t able to stop herself and Taeyeon didn’t object.


“Hey...” Taeyeon said. “It’s cold here. Don’t stay too long or you’ll get a serious case of flu.”


Tiffany let out a scoff. “Flu is the least of worries.” Which is true in her case.


“Well, don’t say that I didn’t warn you when you’re all sneezing tomorrow.”


Tiffany sighed. She had lost count the many times she’s being her stubborn self and even now when her future weren’t certain, she still want to argue with Taeyeon. She wonders will she be able to have another banter with Taeyeon for another day. She grips Taeyeon’s hand harder. She tilts her head up. Eyes close. Not wanting a tear fell.

 
“Fany-ah...” Taeyeon nudges the woman with her elbow. “Is everything alright?” 


Tiffany looks at Taeyeon and met with worried eyes. She contemplates whether to tell Taeyeon the truth about her situation but decided not too. For reason the woman had suffered enough because of her. There isn’t any need to burden Taeyeon on her condition. Besides, she’s no longer her wife.


“Everything’s fine.” Tiffany smiled.


But Taeyeon frowned. She knows Tiffany too well to know the smile wasn’t sincere. She’s hiding something from her. “Really?”


“Really, love. There’s nothing to worry about.”


Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. “Should I be worried about something?” 


Tiffany shakes her head mouthing a ‘no’ but her eyes didn’t dare to look straight to Taeyeon’s. Afraid the facade she has crumble under Taeyeon’s intense stare. Suddenly she found the city’s night lights more interesting.


Taeyeon let go of their hand much to Tiffany’s dismay. She closed her eyes not wanting to see Taeyeon’s disappointed face but her eyes opened when she felt a soft fabric brush on her skin. Taeyeon pulled the fabric that she put around Tiffany’s neck forcing the woman to turn to her. 


“When will you ever remember to wear your scarf, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said absentmindedly as she skilfully folded the scarf into a slip knot. Once done, Taeyeon’s eyes met Tiffany’s longing ones.


This felt familiar. This felt like something they used to do. Something a wife would do. Her wife. It takes everything in Tiffany’s willpower not to kiss Taeyeon’s lips. Taeyeon is after all someone else’s fiancée. Instead she takes Taeyeon by the hand, cherishing the feel of Taeyeon’s hand in hers. “Thank you. I really am.” 


Thank you for loving me, Taeyeon. These were the words Tiffany meant.


Taeyeon found it odd by the way Tiffany said it. Nonetheless, she shrugs it off and gave her usual warm smile. “My pleasure.”


Taeyeon excuses herself when Hyoyeon appeared. Tiffany took the glass of red wine offered by Hyoyeon. They were mindlessly sipping  on the wine when Tiffany breaks the silence. “I’m ready.” 


Hyoyeon nods in understanding. “I’ll tell the doc to set the date then.”

 

 

********************

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt someone shaking her body. She flutters her eyes open. The moment she become conscious, an indescribable searing pain shot through her body. She groans.

 
“Umma! Umma! Wake up!”


Her daughter’s voice gave her strength through the pain. “I-irene?”


The sound of thunder startles her and heavy r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter