Chapter 20 - Shades of Red

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 20 – Shades of Red

 

Tiffany frowned looking at the credit receipt from her bank. Read the total not once but twice. She goes through the list of items. One particular item caught her eyes. One thousand dollar baby cribs. The crib had better be ruby studded if it’s that expensive. And it’s an order of two. Tiffany huffs her way to the twin’s room to see the cribs. It’s not ruby or jewel studded. Not even a Swarovski crystal. The stress at work might have gotten into her as well because her anger is noticeably increasing.

“Taeyeon!” Her voice echoes throughout the house. She yells without caring of her voice straining with every scream.

The startled Taeyeon quickly makes her way to Tiffany. Taeyeon unable to say anything as Tiffany had beaten her to it.

“What the hell is this?!”

“I-it’s a c-crib.” Taeyeon stuttered because she was scared. Angry Tiffany is never good news.

“No, . And how much was it?”

“A-about 600…I think.” Taeyeon said nervous. Taeyeon saw the blacks in Tiffany’s eyes enlarged.

“You think?!” Tiffany roughly grabbed Taeyeon on her left arm and pulls her roughly. It almost looked like Taeyeon flew as Tiffany used so much strength. Tiffany forced her to look at the receipt. “It’s nine hundred and ninety nine ing dollars…Each!”

“I-it was on s-sale at the baby expo…” Taeyeon reasoned. Tears start to pool in her eyes.

“What sale??? 1 cent sale???? ing ridiculous! What the hell is so special about this crib?”

“I’ll return the crib back-“

“No need.” Tiffany interjected. “You bought it for the babies.”

“But you didn’t like it-“ Taeyeon didn’t finish her sentence because Tiffany won’t allow it.

“Are you ing stupid?” Tiffany words pierced Taeyeon’s heart. How could she say that? But Taeyeon knew marrying Tiffany would mean she had to deal with her temper.

“I said just keep it. Don’t embarrass me by returning the crib”. The more Tiffany talks, the harder she’s squeezing Taeyeon’s elbow. Her long nails were piercing into flesh and all Taeyeon could do was bit her lips. For once, she’s thankful that Tiffany’s phone rang as the pressure on her arm is released. “What the hell is it this time…” Tiffany cursed as she answers her phone.

Taeyeon sighed in relief and turns to the windows behind her. She can’t help but let out a little whine because of the stinging pain from her elbow when she moves her arm to wipe her tears.

The call did not put Tiffany in a better mood because the frown did not subside and Taeyeon does not want to argue with Tiffany longer.

Tiffany didn’t look up from her phone so she missed the tears that roll out. She’s busy reading emails and typing away messages that she did not noticed the obvious hurt on Taeyeon’s face.

Tiffany slowly walks towards the front door before stopping when Taeyeon called.

“W-where are you going?”

Tiffany still preoccupied with her phone, nonchalantly answered. “I gotta go to the factory…”she continues typing away. “got work and…meet some client….”

“Will you be able to have dinner with us? I’m gonna cook-…” Taeyeon weren’t able to finish when Tiffany said.

“No. I’m gonna be late. No need to wait…” A call came in her phone and slides it open. “…for me.” She finishes her sentence.

Taeyeon just looked on the retreating figure busily talking and walking towards the Range Rover. She stands by the door and would usually wave Tiffany goodbye. She raised up her hand and was about to wave but the moment car engine started, it just drove off. Tiffany didn’t even give a glance at her. Slowly, Taeyeon retracted her hand and mustered a sad, “Bye…”

Taeyeon can’t help but to cry. It’s so hard getting through the pregnancy alone. Blame it on the hormones or whatever but she can’t help but feels so lonely. As well as jealous of other mothers that has their partners beside them for checkups. Often she found husbands kissing their wife’s’ belly while waiting at the clinic. All Tiffany does is nag at her. Didn’t even ask how she’s doing. She felt a sting on her left elbow and it made her looked at it. It was red and scratched. Pretty sure it’s going to leave a bruised mark.

Taeyeon’s pregnancy is 36 weeks along and carrying twins she found walking can be such a tiring activity considering she often suffers back pain. Tiffany had promised her to take at least a month off but it seems it won’t be any sooner because Tiffany looks busier as time went on. She walks her way to Irene’s room and saw the little girl was busy colouring her Disney book. “Go and have your bath, Irene. We’re going to Papa Kim’s house.” Her father decided to buy a condo in Seoul considering Tiffany’s incredibly hectic work schedule. At least they are here to look after their pregnant daughter and Irene since the Hwangs are notoriously known to be workaholics.

Irene notices the barely dry streaks of Taeyeon umma’s tears and it made her sad and angry at the same time because this wasn’t the first time. She decided to be a good girl and do as told.

*********************

 

It’s 2.45am in the morning, a figure still busy working in the Kim-Hwang mansion’s home office. Taeyeon waddled her way to the figure carefully so her steps won’t make too much noise and wakes up sleeping Irene.

Tiffany’s back greeted Taeyeon’s view as she open the slightly a jar door. She sees that Tiffany is busy looking at some sort of blueprint spread out and hanged on the notice board. Tiffany busy marking and writing notes that she wasn’t aware of Taeyeon’s presence. However, Taeyeon’s eyes frowned when she saw over half-emptied bottle of whisky.

“Fany-ah…” Taeyeon called but was only answered by a lazy, “Hmmm…”

“It’s late. Let’s go to sleep.”

“I got a lil bit more work to do. You go ahead.” Tiffany said as she takes another gulp from her whisky glass.

“Whatever you’re working now can wait. It’s almost 3.00am and Yoona told me you’re gonna have important meeting tomorrow.” Taeyeon said worried.

“This-“ Tiffany turns her attention to Taeyeon and her finger points at the blueprint.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter