Episode 12 - Homecoming

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 12 – Homecoming

 

(TaeNy’s backyard)

(A/n: I love Bruno Mars live rendition of It Will Rain in X-Factor UK. I thought it was beautiful and you guys should watch it too. Here's the link. )

 

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain…

“Tsk…Pany-ah.” Taeyeon pushed Tiffany away. A tint of pink evident on her cheeks. Out of nowhere Tiffany got close to Taeyeon and sang it to her ear. Though it was just a little above a whisper but the staff can hear her singing to Taeyeon.

Tiffany laughed and sang the chorus louder. She grabs the salad ladle and pretended it was a microphone.

Oh, don't you say

(don’t you say) – The staff joined in and suddenly became Tiffany’s backing vocals.

Don’t you say goodbye, baby (goodbye)

Don't you say (don’t you say)

Oh bye bye bye bye bye… (goodbye)
I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding
If that'll make it right

 

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
(If I lose you, baby )
There'll be no clear skies
(If I lose you, baby)

Tiffany spun Taeyeon around to face her. She holds Taeyeon by the shoulder and stares down on the big brown orbs lovingly.
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain…

And Tiffany ends it with a soft kiss on her wife’s lips.

 

 

“Aaawwwww….” The staff gushes over the couple. It’s been long since they saw Tiffany looking happy. After the accident, their boss barely smile and it was evident she had a hard time focusing on work. But this little gathering tells them that happy times are coming ahead.

Everyone was having a leisurely time, talking, laughing and dancing when suddenly a loud crashing sound was heard and everyone turned to the source. It was coming from the buffet table and they can see broken plates and glasses everywhere. Some of the food trays fell and spilled on the floor. Creating a huge mess. And all eyes were on a little girl carrying her plate full of food and orange juice. Turns out the plate were not the only thing she grabbed on. She accidentally grabbed on the dining cloth and pulling it along with her. The girl’s eyes widens as she too was obviously shocked. Realising all eyes were on her, tears starts to pool in her eyes and already quivering before she burst out her cries.

“Irene!” Taeyeon called out her daughter. Some of the staff already tends to Irene and quickly takes the plate and glass from the little girl before her mother carries her. “It’s okay. Shhh…sshhh…” Taeyeon tries to calm Irene. Worried Tiffany makes her way to the two and checks on Irene.

“Is she okay?” Sooyoung asked and Tiffany nods. “I’m really sorry. She said she can do it on her own. I should have kept an eye on her. I’m really sorry.” Sooyoung said apologetically.

“It’s okay, Sooyoung. She’s just shocked. No harm done.” Taeyeon said to Sooyoung and smiled at her. “It’s not your fault. Irene can be a little stubborn.”

“It’s nothing, everyone. Irene’s fine. Just continue the party. Play some music, Hyo.” Taeyeon announced to the crowd and Hyo nods and played a pop song. Much to the relief of everyone.

Sooyoung was somewhat relieved because Taeyeon did not blame her but she’s not sure about Tiffany. She doesn’t know what the woman was thinking. Tiffany’s face doesn’t show much. She’s probably keeping quite because of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon brought Irene inside the house to calm her down and Tiffany called Sooyoung. “Come help me with this.” Tiffany and Sooyoung helped the caterers clean up the mess and their cook had already started to cook for a new batch. Tiffany didn’t say a word and Sooyoung gulped nervous.

While wiping the new plates, Tiffany broke the silence. “I am so lucky. Aren’t I?”

“Huh?” Sooyoung’s unsure where the conversation is going. “Yeah…I guess so.”

Sooyoung heard Tiffany sighed. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.”

“There’s no such thing as nothing with you. Are you mad at me for not looking after Irene?”

Tiffany shakes her head. “No. It wasn’t your fault. Irene can be naughty sometimes.”

Sooyoung chuckled. “She is. But that’s what makes it fun.”

Tiffany laughed. It’s true. Irene made their life upside down. In a good way.

“I don’t know how Taeyeon managed to keep Irene behaving. Even when she can barely move back then. She’s just amazing, your wife.”

Tiffany quickly turns her head to Sooyoung. And she sees her smiling sincerely at her. “Oh Sooyoung! What did I do in my past life to deserve her?”

 

 

Flashback

“Don’t do anything without our lawyer’s present.” Tiffany’s voice was heard from outside Taeyeon’s hospital suite. Taeyeon knows Tiffany’s in one of her bad mood again. “I don’t care what they say just…what? Agreement?...I did not in agree with anything!” 

Taeyeon frowned when she heard Tiffany swearing. Taeyeon was sitting up in her bed and Irene next to her. Busy colouring her drawing book.

“Umma…Irene’s thishty.”

Taeyeon looked down at her daughter and smiled. “Okay, sweetie. I’ll get you water.”

Mrs. Lee could not be with them as she needs to go back to her hometown in Jeju for her son’s wedding. So, Irene had to tag along with Tiffany for the week.

Taeyeon slowly move towards the bedside table where a bottle of water and glass situated. She’s still not that strong. Her legs are still weak. Actually her whole body is still weak but she doesn’t want to bother Tiffany when she’s busy with work. She lifts her legs to the side and it dangles by the bed. The position made it easier for her to reach for the bottle and glass. Carefully, she takes the water bottle and tries to pour it in the glass but her hand was too weak to hold the heavy water bottle and she loses her grip. Taeyeon tries to save the bottle but ended up losing balance and fell onto the floor. The loud crash of glass alerted Tiffany. And she quickly ran inside. A couple nurses followed after.

“Umma!” Irene screamed for her mother. The little girl was crying. Scared to see her mother motionless on the floor. A nurse scoops Irene up and gets her out of the room.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany quickly move and held Taeyeon’s body. She sees the hurt expression on her wife and she realized there was blood on Taeyeon’s right hand. Tiffany carries Taeyeon up to her bed.

“Nurse! Nurse! There’s blood on my wife’s hand.” Tiffany frantically called on the nurses. One of the nurses quickly tends to Taeyeon.

“It’s just a cut from the broken glass, Ms. Hwang.” The nurse said after checking Taeyeon’s hand. “I’ll get it bandaged.”

But Tiffany wasn’t satisfied because she sees Taeyeon’s hurt expressions. “Get me Dr.Lim, now!” She instructed the nurse. The nurse quickly doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter