Episode 8 - Nightmares

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 8 – Nightmares

 

 

Blood. Blood everywhere.

Taeyeon levitating in the air. Pale as dead. Dead.

Tiffany hugged the limp body. She’s dead.

“Nooo!” She screamed.

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s eyes popped open. “Tippani…”

Tiffany sat up quickly with heavy breathing. Then she looked over at Taeyeon and sees her wife still in slumber. Relief washes over her. She checks the clock and it says 3.45am. She had been having recurring nightmares lately and she doesn’t know why. Perhaps it’s the work stress getting the best of her. Tiffany calms herself down and before she goes back to sleep she kissed her wife’s temple.

Taeyeon had notice the subtle changes in Tiffany’s behavior. She often caught the woman in deep thinking and sometimes talking to herself. Obviously distressed over something. Like now, when she’s suppose to eat her dinner instead of staring at it.

“Is everything alright?” Taeyeon asked. Only to be replied with a mere, “Huh?”

“Don’t you like prawn fried rice? If you don’t-“

“I like everything you cook for me, baby.”

“Then, why aren’t you eating?”

Tiffany looked at her plate feeling guilty. Since the nightmares started, she had been losing her appetite.

“I-I uhm…already full. We had a meeting and Key bought a whole lot of snacks. I think I ate too much. Haha.” Tiffany forced a laugh.

Taeyeon knew Tiffany was lying to her teeth but she refused to push any further and played along. “Oh is that so?”

Tiffany nodded. “I need to…umm…finish some documents. I’ll be at the office, kay?” She gets up and kissed Irene’s cheek and left a peck on her wife’s lips. “I love you.” She heard Taeyeon said in a whisper and that eats her up inside.

Tiffany felt horribly guilty for keeping Taeyeon in the dark. She knew she should just tell her wife of the nightmares she had been having but Tiffany couldn’t get herself to. She stares at the computer for the longest time when finally she decided to make a call.

*****

Blood. Blood everywhere.

Taeyeon levitating in the air. Pale as dead. Dead.

Tiffany hugged the limp body. She’s dead.

“Nooo!” She screamed.

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s eyes popped open. “Tippani…”

This time Tiffany managed to get a hold of Taeyeon’s hand.

She tries to pull Taeyeon down but an unknown force pulling her the opposite.

Tiffany held on harder. Tries as she might she lost her grip.

Taeyeon is going into the light.

Tiffany sat up abruptly. A sense of déjà vu engulfs her. She was sweating bullets and her breathing ragged. A hand touched her shoulder and she flinched.

“Fany-ah, are you okay?” Taeyeon groggily gets up and rubs Tiffany’s back. Tiffany’s movement wakes her up.

Tiffany let out a breath then faked a smile. “Ah it’s nothing babe. Go back to sleep.”

“You sure?” Taeyeon asked not convinced.

Tiffany cups Taeyeon’s chin and gave her a peck. “Yeah, I’m sure.”

Tiffany made sure Taeyeon had fallen asleep and her light snores confirm just that. She gets up and takes her pink iphone. Browse through the contacts and found the person she wanted to call. She looks back at Taeyeon then to her phone. Back and forth. Thinking. She walks out of the room and goes down to the backyard. Making her call.

Unbeknownst to Tiffany a hurt pair of eyes was looking from a far.

*****

Taeyeon sits quietly in the living room. Taking a sip of her hot chocolate. She had put Irene to sleep about an hour and a half ago. It’s 1.30 am now and Taeyeon’s worried sick about her wife. She tries to call her again only to be sent to the voicemail. She huffed out in anger. Not long after the sound of beeping were heard from the door. Telling Taeyeon that Tiffany had reached home. She gets up and crossed her arms.

Tiffany walks in and was greeted by an angry looking Taeyeon. She purposely ignores the petite woman and walks past her. She opens the fridge and takes a jug of orange juice pouring it into the glass. Taeyeon’s now besides her waiting for an explanation.  

“Aren’t you gonna say something?” Taeyeon asked.

“Why were you late?” Still she was getting ignored.

Tiffany was looking blankly elsewhere. Refusing to meet Taeyeon in the eye. Tiffany’s attitude angered Taeyeon even more.

“What the hell is the matter with you?!” Taeyeon raised her voice. That made Tiffany turned to her. Finally getting her attention, Taeyeon continues to rant.

“I called you a million freaking times. And you don’t even have the decency to text back.”

“My phone’s off. Ran out of battery.” Tiffany answered simply. “I was b-“

 “No! Don’t tell me you’re busy cos I called Hyoyeon and she said you left for home as usual.”

“You called Hyoyeon?” Tiffany seemed to be in thinking.

“Yeah.”

“Don’t call her again.”

“What?” Taeyeon frowned.

Tiffany turns and gave her back to Taeyeon. Before she goes up the stairs she said, “I’m tired, Taeyeon. I don’t wanna argue this late at night.”

Taeyeon was left dumbfounded. Hurt was evident in her eyes. How did the relationship became this distant? She goes in the room and found Tiffany already under the blankets. Both of them were laying with their backs to each other.

It’s only been a couple of hours passed by and it became a habit for her to turn around and cuddles with Tiffany. But the warmth wasn’t there. She opened her eyes adjusting to the darkness. She notices the bedroom door wasn’t closed and walks out. From up the stairs, she hears faint talking. She wonders if she should go down and have a look. Taeyeon doesn’t like to meddle into Tiffany’s business but curiosity gets the best of her.

“Hehe…still have the aegyo I see.Cute.”

Taeyeon frowns. She stands behind the wall. Eavesdropping.

“Yeah, it did.” Tiffany sighed. “No. I have no plans of telling Taeyeon….please, stop. We’ve talked about this. I’ll talked to her later.”

Taeyeon curiosity was through the roof.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter