Episode 1 - Gratitude

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 1 - Gratitude

It’s midnight and Tiffany had been staring at her sleeping wife since she’s back from work. She didn’t want to leave Taeyeon alone in the hospital especially in times like this but her Soshi fashion show can’t be cancelled. It was a relief that her investors understand her situation and willing to postpone the event. It was also a good thing that she has Hyoyeon to help. After the emergency birth, both mother and baby had to be admitted in hospital for observation. Sunny said the baby’s doing fine but not the mother.

“ICU? Why does she need to go in intensive care?!”

“Calm down, Tiffany .Taeyeon had to be put in intensive care. She’s unconscious-“

“Unconscious? I was just talking to her? How can she be unconscious?!!!” Tiffany face now red in anger.

“Tiffany, listen!” Sunny grabbed Tiffany’s shoulder and made her listen. “Taeyeon’s condition is stable but situation is critical right now. She suffered from postpartum hemorrhage.”

“What?” Tiffany asked unsure of what Sunny’s trying to say.

“Taeyeon lost a lot of blood from the birth, Tiffany. She needs blood transfusion and emergency surgery to stop the blood loss. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

Tears start flowing from Tiffany’s eyes. “She’s not gonna die, right?” 

Sunny led Tiffany to the sofa in the waiting room. “Please save my wife, Sunny. Promise me you’ll save her.”

“You know I will not give up on Taeyeon easily.” Sunny held both Tiffany’s hands tightly. “Now, sit and wait here until the operation ends. I need to go.” Sunny gets up and walk to the door.

“What do I do now, Sunny?”

Before Sunny exits, she turned and said, “Pray.”

And that was the hardest Tiffany ever pray.

The creaking of the door opening puts Tiffany out of her reverie. The petite doctor smiled at her friend and grabs the file hanging at the edge of Taeyeon’s hospital bed.

“Hey, Tiffany. Just got here from work?” Sunny said in a whisper while checking the file charts and Taeyeon’s condition.

Tiffany didn’t answer but gave Sunny a smile. She watches Sunny with her stethoscope listening to Taeyeon’s heartbeat. Then she took a thermometer and check Taeyeon’s temperature.  “No fever. That’s good.” Sunny said smiling to Tiffany. “If her condition continues to improve, Taeyeon can be home by Christmas.” She said happily.

The doctor was busy writing her report in the file that she was startled and almost let out a yelp when arms s around her waist. It was Tiffany. She puts the file down and turns around to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter