Episode 11 - I Promise

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 11 – I Promise

 

 

A little girl woke up to birds chirping. She gets up slowly and rubs her little eyes. She lets out a cute yawn and takes her favourite Minnie Mouse doll. Carefully going down from her pink Disney princess bed. She pulls up her sagging diapers and made her way out of the room. The corridors were quiet and she stopped in front of her parents’ room. She knocks softly and opened the door. Her little head peeks in and saw her parents were still asleep. Snuggling in bed. She decided to go to the kitchen instead.

There, she saw her Ahjumma Lee preparing breakfast. She ran over and hugs the old lady’s leg.

“Mownin, Mama Lee.” (a/n: Irene can’t pronounce ahjumma so she called her Mama Lee)

“Morning, sweetheart. Did you have a nice sleep?”

“Yesh, mama Lee.” Irene yawns.

“Still feeling sleepy?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“No. Irene ish awake.”

“Okay. I’ll finish this first then I’ll prepare your bath.”

Irene nods cutely. She walks to the living room and switch on the tv. Watching her favorite cartoon – Bananas in Pajamas.

“Banana in Nananash…banana in nananash” She’s singing Bananas in Pajamas opening. Mrs. Lee smiled looking at the toddler.

 

 

 

(TaeNy’s bedroom)

 

Taeyeon’s eyes looking up to the white ceiling. She can hear Irene’s faint singing from the living room. She chuckles. Then she felt Tiffany’s arm around her followed by a kiss on her cheek.

“Morning…” the husky voice whispered in her ear. “How long have you been awake?”

Taeyeon turns her head to the sleepy Tiffany. “Long enough to hear your snores.”

“Yah!” The sleepy one is now wide awake. “I do not snore. Why you…”

Tiffany climbed over Taeyeon and tickles her neck with kisses. Then she stopped to get a whiff of Taeyeon’s smell. Resting her head on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck. Instinctively, Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany. They stayed in the position for a while before they hear two little feet shuffling towards the room and burst open the door.

“Mummiie! Mummiee!Mummiieeee!!!” Irene jumps excitedly. “It’s time to go to the zoo!!!”

Tiffany groans which caused Taeyeon to chuckle. Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s jaw and got up with an angry face looking at Irene.

“How many times did I tell you to knock on the door before you come in?”

The little girl was no longer jumping. Her face fallen and she looks like she’s about to cry. It hurt the heart of her mother’s to see her sad and Tiffany felt a hand touched her shoulder. She was about to give Irene a good scolding but Taeyeon’s eyes told her not to. Tiffany is the disciplinarian in the family. That does not mean Taeyeon spoils their little angel though. She would step back and support Tiffany whenever Irene did something wrong.

Tiffany sighed. “Next time you be a good girl and knock on the door. Do you hear me, Irene Hwang?”

The toddler nods her head cutely. “Yesh, mummie. I will and I’m shorry.”

“Come.” Tiffany opens her arm and Irene slowly comes to Tiffany’s embrace. Tiffany carries the toddler and put her on her lap. “Are you that excited to go to the zoo?”

The word zoo lights up Irene’s eyes and it’s like she has forgotten the scolding just less than a minute ago. Irene nods her head vigorously. “Uh-uh. Uh-uh.”

“What do you wanna see most?” Taeyeon asked.

“I wanna shee tiger and rirrafe. And…and elefaan too.” (Girrafe and elephants)

“Yeah? What does tiger sound like?” Taeyeon asked again. Knowing the little one is going to make animal sounds.

“Like this.” Irene makes an angry face with her hand shaped into claws and roared. “Rrooaaarrr!”

They laughed. “Aigoo…my baby girl is so smart!” Taeyeon praised.

“What about the elephant?” Tiffany asked.

Irene inhaled until her chest puffed up and… “Ppprrrrreeeeeettttttttt!!!” the little girl made a trumpet sound (well, almost) and ended up breathless after the incredible sound. Though it’s nothing close to the sound of the elephant, the parents praised Irene for her effort.

Then Taeyeon asked Irene. “What about giraffe?”

They see Irene’s forehead creased and her eyes wondering if she had ever hear a giraffe making noises. She then looked at Taeyeon and shrugs her shoulders. “I don’t know…”

“Let’s go to the zoo and found out.” Taeyeon said.

“Yesh! Gogo Shiing!!!” Irene pumped her fist in the air. And the parents laughed at their daughter’s antics. “Let me help you up, umma!”

Irene jumped down from Tiffany’s lap and held on Taeyeon’s left arm. Tiffany was on the other side and supported Taeyeon’s back with her left while her right hand grabbed Taeyeon’s. Though Taeyeon had made full recovery from her long 8 months coma it was enough to render her muscles inactive which forced Taeyeon to spend another 6 painful months on rehab just to help Taeyeon be able to walk. And function basically. It was the hardest and most heartbreaking time in the couple’s life. They fought almost every day. After Tiffany put Irene to sleep, she would weep in the corner and prayed to God for her wife’s sake. Tiffany has never felt so blessed to have Irene. Although she was only 2 or almost 3 as Irene would correct her, it seemed the little girl knows her parents were in difficult time.

Taeyeon sat up at the edge of the bed and thanked her little daughter. Tiffany told Irene to go wait outside. Irene happily went out and watches her cartoon.

Tiffany kneeled in front of Taeyeon and proceeded to open the button of her wife’s blue pajamas. But Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s hand and stopped her.

“I can do it on my own.”

Tiffany sighed. “Okay. I’ll prepare your hot bath.”

It became a routine for Tiffany to help Taeyeon with her daily needs. Though Taeyeon constantly tell her that she can handle everything now, Tiffany still has her doubts. Knowing how Taeyeon likes to keep things to herself.

Tiffany held on Taeyeon’s elbow and usher her to the bathtub. She tests the water’s temperature one more time before helping Taeyeon get into the bathtub. “Careful.” Tiffany said warily. Taeyeon just smiled at worried Tiffany.

Taeyeon let go of her bathrobe and carefully sinks her body in the warm water. Not too cold. Not too hot. Just the way she likes it. Before Tiffany could walk away, Taeyeon stopped her by the wrist. Tiffany head turns and looked at Taeyeon questioningly.

“Join me.”

Tiffany hesitated. “You sure?” She knows Taeyeon likes to be alone when it’s bath time. Heck she doesn’t even like it when Tiffany helped bath her back then.

Taeyeon replied with a nod. Tiffany closes and locks the bathroom door. Standing in front of the bathtub, she puts down her pants and steadily ing her pink pajamas. There was no rush. Her eyes were only looking back at Taeyeon’s brown orbs. Slowly and carefully she gets in the bath tub. Taeyeon naturally opened her legs to give space for Tiffany so she can lean her back against Taeyeon’s body for a back hug. But Tiffany had other ideas. Once she sat facing Taeyeon, she pulled Taeyeon legs and the petite girl slides towards her which earned a little yelp and a slap on the shoulder from Taeyeon. Tiffany chuckled and hugs the woman close to her body. Taeyeon pulled herself closer with her crossed legs and before they knew it their tongues had started battling. The kisses were of passion and their hugs gotten tighter. Taeyeon gave a few pecks on Tiffany’s lips before resting her head on Tiffany’s shoulder. Tiffany takes the body shampoo and sponge and starts t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter