Commitment

Replacing Sunshine

 

 

Chapter 7:

 

 

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

 

Home.

 

 

Sumin’s words buzzed continuously in my mind. Dating Luhan? I can’t even imagine that.

 

Luhan is like my older brother. It would be so wrong. What would he think of me after that?

I love him more than I love myself but I also want to make up with Jongin again. I want to talk to him like we did in the old times.

 

Luhan dropped by his apartment before driving back to my house after school. He brought back a box of action and comedy movies with some junk food on the sides. Once we got home, we continued to munch on our chips lazily on my sofa.

 

 

~

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

I live with my aunt in the apartment. My parents live back in Beijing, running a company and are too busy to be occupied with me in Korea. My aunt offered me a shelter and home here in South Korea once I transferred here.

She knows everything. She basically reads my mind. My aunt knows everything about me and Seulmi. She loves Seulmi like a niece. She knows about my secret feelings for Seulmi also. I didn’t tell her. She just senses it.

But of course, even though I always did like Seulmi a bit, I never let that get in the way of our friendship. My aunt was the one who suggested that I confess today. It didn’t feel right. Seulmi is more of a sister than a girlfriend. She’s actually the first girl ever since so long ago that I’ve taken interest in. I’m not too fond of girls right now. It’s sort of obvious.

 

But the more time I spend with Seulmi, the more I realize how admirable she is. If people at school didn’t despise her so much, she would be popular by now, receiving confessions about once a week. She would have so many people to spend time with and I might just be last on her list by then. She would be taken from me.

 

I have to take my chances. Confessing may be the only way I can assure that I’ll be with her regardless. If I don’t do it soon, she’ll be gone one day without me in her life anymore. I can’t imagine that.

 

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

I have to do it. Maybe this will even strengthen Luhan and I’s relationship.

I sighed, watching Luhan stare at the TV screen comfortably as I lean my head on his shoulder. I slowly sat up, glancing at him. He looked back at me, wondering what’s going on.

“Are you alright?” He asked, confused.

I nodded, but frowned, afraid of what I might do next.

“I’m… uhhh….”

He furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity.

“Han… I … ummm…” I stuttered.

“Is something wrong?”

I heaved another sigh, hesitantly forcing my words out of my mouth.

 

 

“Luhan… Date me.”

 

 

He stopped completely. Time stopped completely. My heart stopped completely.

 

 

~

 

 

Luhan sat there blankly in disbelief, refusing to believe whatever just happened.

“Seul…” He tried talking.

“Let’s try it.” I tried to convince him. “I need to be able to know that I can move on from Jongin to start new and fresh.”

“But Seulmi-“

“Please Luhan? I know we’re that best friends but even if we do date each other, it’s not like we won’t be anymore. This may even make us closer if it’s even possible. All I know is that we won’t leave our friendship behind.”

Luhan stared meaningfully into my eyes, then looked down.

“You have to promise my something.” He told me. “You have to promise me that doing this isn’t for Kai.”

 

I stopped.

 

“Because if it is… All you’re doing is using me.”

 

My heart dropped in a puddle of guilt at the pit of my stomach.

 

“I know you care about Kai.” He reminded me. “But don’t use me to get to him. I know you’re not that kind of person, Seulmi. But I’m begging you. Please promise me.”

His voice cracked, conveying his seriousness.

 

 

*What am I doing?* I asked myself guiltily.

 

I’m being selfish. Luhan is right. My goal is all wrong. I have to think about Luhan’s feelings but there’s no turning back now. I have to show him that I’m doing this for us too.

 

*I’m sorry, Luhan. I was thinking of Jongin. But now I have to think about your happiness and ours all together. However, I don’t regret my decision. I want to try it, but not for Jongin or my face to people around me. This is for us. This is for you and me.*

 

“I promise, Luhan” I answered him with a warm smile.

Soon enough, he broke into a smile too.

“Keep your word that our friendship won’t be left behind…” He reminded me.

I nodded. “I will…”

He smiled bigger and so did I.

 

 

 

 

This is for us.

 

 

~

 

8:30 pm.

 

“I SAID CLOSE YOUR EYES~!” Luhan yelled across the room, trying to find his gift for me at the bottom of his backpack.

I just giggled, finding it irresistible to peek at my present from him. I covered my eyes with my palms.

 

Eventually, he sat beside me on the couch and handed me a small rectangular box. Obviously, it was jewelry due to the size of the box.

 

“Okay, you can open it now.” He told me.

 

I carefully opened the fancy box, seeing a think, gold chain with a gold daisy pendant. It was simple, yet adorable, defining exactly Luhan (lol). I unconsciously smiled and looked up to him. He volunteered to put it on me, taking the necklace out of the box and wrapping it around my neck.

Once it was on, he took a look and grinned cutely.

“It matches you.” He widely grinned.

I giggled. “But I don’t jewelry very often. I barely even wear bracelets or rings.”

“Well now you have to. I want to see it every day.” Luhan joked.

“Why didn’t you buy a ring or a bracelet instead?” I asked curiously.

 

“Because a necklace is closest to the heart.”

 

I couldn’t help but blush. HE’S SO CHEESY, OMG. STAHP.

 

I suddenly giggled.

 

“What? What’s so funny?” He asked, starting to laugh along.

 

"You're so cheesy, Han. Cut down on your nasty cheese." I warned, in a funny manner.

He laughed along and without a warning, throwing one of the couch's throw pillows at me.

"YAA~!" I shouted at threw one back at him, making him squeal.

A pillow fight began until he caused me to fall onto my back from a blow of his throw pillow that he threw harshly at my face.

"OWWW~!"

Luhan's eyes widened in concern and let go of all of his pillows, checking up on me, making sure that it didn't really hurt me.

"Ahh Mian." He apologized as he tilted my head side to side to check for any scratches.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his shoulder just as harshly as the pillow that was thrown to my face.

He winced in pain, clutching the shoulder I just slapped.

 

"Is that what you do to your grilfriend?!" I yelled at him.

"YAA~! Is slapping your boyfrienf right either?!" He yelled back.

"You started it!"

"You didn't have to be so harsh! I already apologized!"

"Well you wouldn't have to if you didn't aim for my face~!"

"It was an accident!"

"Accident... MY FOOT~~!

"YAAAAAHHH~!!!"

 

~

 


It was all basically just arguing like little children until we settled the argument with another bowl of popcorn and a movie.

 

At about 10:00, Luhan and I bid each other a goodnight and a goodbye or ‘see you later’.

 

“Sleep well, Seul~!” He yelled out before hopping into the car.

“You too, Han~!” I yelled back.

“Annyeong~!”

“Annyeoonngg~!”

 

 

 

~

 

This was a short chapter.

 

Both sides of the two cheesy birds were shown in this chapter, showing their concern for each big decision. It gets MORE intense in the next few chapters and MUCH MUCH MUCH more in the chapters after that, but everyone just has to stay put and be patient^^

 

I realized that the story is going extremely slow. I am sorry. But I'm organized. Everything is going as planned, just going a bit too slowly.

 

PLEASE Stay tuned and don't give up on me, chingus~! I promise that this story will have you at the edge of your seat in about 5 more chapters? Soon...

 

 

New Subscribers:

 

delightingKAI

sierra_pearl

 

 

Thank you sooo much for subcribing~! I hope you enjoy reading, chingu~! Remember to comment your opinions or maybe even feels^^ Also support by upvoting if you like the story so far! Stay tuned because as I said, it will get a lot more suspenseful after about a few more chapters :) Thank you for reading, chingus~! Saranghaeyoo <3