Just Tell Me

Replacing Sunshine

 

 

 

Chapter 9:

 

 

 

Thursday.

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

 

Okay, this is getting irritating. The school gossip just got two times louder than it used to be yesterday. The new couple must be a really good match. I heard that the new couple had their first kiss yesterday at the park, while decorating.

But the buzz of news was still bothering me. For some reason, no one is telling me who that couple is. It’s getting extremely frustrating.

 

 

Lunch.

 

“Can someone just tell me who in the world the new couple is?” I asked my table of 5 other friends.

All of them glanced at each other, and then back to me.

“Why do you want to know?” Suho, the wealthiest one, asked.

“Because I feel like I have to know. There has to be a reason why everybody, even you guys, keeps refusing to tell me who they are.” I explained, getting impatient.

“Well, you don’t have to know, Kai.” Suho told me, earning one of my signature frowns.

“But hyung, I want to know. Can someone just tell me?”

“I think, it’s best if you ask you girlfriend. I think that it would be better coming from her.” Baekhyun suggested.

“Why Jinah? Is she cheating on me? Because if that’s the case, I don’t really care.”

Baekhyun shook his head. “She’s not cheating on you.”

“Then why can’t you just tell me yourself?”

“Because she doesn’t care about how you feel.”

 

It’s true.

 

 

~

 

 

I rushed back into class, frustrated and moody. At this point, if I don’t find out, I am going to scream. Jinah walked in a few minutes after me. She sat beside me, since that’s her assigned seat. She glanced at me as she walked by, but looked away almost instantly.

“Sup, boyfriend.” She emotionlessly greeted.

“Jinah, something is bothering me.” I started.

“Well… congratulations.” She answered sarcastically.

“Jinah, I’m serious.”

She heaved a sigh and faced me.

“Then what are you are telling me for?”

“Because you’re the only one I know that cares about my well-being the least.”

She paused and processed what I just said, and then she slowly looked away.

“Go on…” She allowed me to keep talking, much to my relief.

“Who’s the new couple everyone keeps blabbering about? How come nobody would tell me?”

“You really want to know?”

I nodded immediately.

“I’m surprised that the word is still buzzing. But I don’t blame them for being talked about so much. The two actually look good together. But in my opinion she would look better with you. I’m probably only saying that because dating you is pretty boring, but of course, we’re only fake. Anyways, you know her. Everybody knows her and you made everybody full on hate her until now.”

 

I couldn’t think of anyone else, besides…

 

Oh my gosh. No.

 

“Wait… are you telling me-“ I tried predicting what she was about to say.

 

“Yup… Seulmi and Luhan. They’re dating now. It’s actually sort of cute that best friends turned into a couple. The show they put on at the park yesterday was romantic too. People took videos and photos, just keeping something to be jealous about. They’ve been dating for 2 whole weeks now. I heard that they got together on her birthday, but nobody knows who asked who.”

 

I blinked, dumbfounded, silent, frozen.

 

“I don’t know why nobody would tell you though. Maybe they were all afraid that you ruin their relationship, since you were the one who bullied Seulmi the most out of everyone.”

 

I stopped completely until the teacher walked into the room and started greeting the class.

 

I gazed over to their direction, across the room. They were talking freely as they took materials out of their bags.

 

I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t understand. Seulmi cringes at cheesy couple and cheesy pick-up lines. She simply can’t stand those things. I don’t understand how she suddenly changed so much. She’s changing too fast and I can’t keep up.

 

*I wanted you to move on, Seulmi. But I didn’t want you to change.*

 

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

Jongin has been glancing over to me and Luhan ever since Lunch ended. Is there something on my face? He looked disappointed and annoyed. I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking.

 

End of School.

 

Finally, the bell rang and everyone sped out of the door. Luhan and I got out before Jongin did. Together, we slowly walked down the hallway filled with other students. Just like what we did before we even started dating, we linked arms like what best friends do.

 

“Luhan… do you mind if I still talk about Jongin around you?” I asked him, curiously but carefully.

“No… of course not. I won’t mind. Kai was part of your life, a big part of your life. It’s not like I’m going to stop you from thinking that. Regardless of what happens, the past is still part of you.”

I nodded wisely.

“So you wanted to talk about Kai?” He brought up again.

“It’s just that he kept glancing at us today. Do you think he knows about us dating?”

“Well what if he does? Is there a problem? It’s not like it was supposed to be a secret, right?”

“Yeah… you’re right. I mean, he has a girlfriend too. He shouldn’t be bothered by this.”

 

With that, we kept on walking slowly down the halls. We took our time. We weren’t in a rush to get home anyways.

 

~

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

 

I tried to fight the urge of following them, but it obviously beat me. I ended up walking just about 10 to 15 meters behind them.

Yeah… creepy right? I know.

 

Just witnessing them link arms, felt like I was being punched in the chest. They laughed, giggled, teased each other playfully, just like how Seulmi and I used to. It got to the point when I couldn’t stand it anymore. I couldn’t look at them anymore. All of the regret, pain, jealousy began to devour me completely.

I was upset, disappointed, and angry… but to myself.

 

I have to tell her what my true intentions were, to let her live a happier life without me to burden her, and tell her that I care before she completely forgets me.

 

 

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

I yelped in horror as I suddenly felt a harsh pull on my right arm, causing Luhan and I to break our link apart. I had no idea what was going on.

 

Kidnapper? No how could there be a kidnapper at school.

 

It took me a few more seconds to figure out who it was as I peeked at the person’s face from the side.

 

Jongin?

 

 

 

~

 

 

This is a short chapter because its half of the NEXT CHAPTER~!  Sigh.... I write super long chapters sometimes and I have no choice but to cut them in half so you guys won't be bored out of your minds. But since this is a short chapter... the next half will be updated by tomorrow^^ Stay tuned, chingus~!

 

I hope you like it^^

 

New Subscribers:

 

expectaetions

gdlovesme

 

Chingus~! (Friends)~! Thank you so much for subscribing! I hope that you enjoy the story and stay tuned since its going to get much more suspenseful. I would appreciated tons if you also comment your opinion and upvote if you like the story so far! Thank you again! Saranghaeyooo >.<