Being Rescued

Replacing Sunshine

Chapter 4:

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

 

*I’m a monster… such a terrible person*

 

I don’t hate Seulmi. I don’t dislike her either. I love her more than she even knows and whatever I just did was something I didn’t want to do. But I had to do it. I love her enough to leave her and for her to find someone that can treat her better.

Making her cry like that broke me, but I had no choice.

 

I could only sigh heavily and weakly walk away.

 

I’m sorry, Seulmi. I’m so sorry…

 

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

Maybe I am too weak, a piece of worthless, useless trash.

I can’t even do as little as defend myself.

 

I sat against the same door I closed between us and wept. Gripping my hair, I wished that maybe physical pain hurts more than the pain I’m feeling emotionally.

 

I was lifeless for the rest of the day. No words, no smiles, or laughs shown from my face, It came to the point where even my mother started worrying, but I just told her that I wasn’t feeling well and just needed some fresh air. She didn’t believe me, but being the good mom she is, she pretended to.

I grabbed my coat and scarf before dragging myself out of the house, back into the freezing atmosphere. I walked away from home and to my usual location of refuge, the park. The park was empty, because who would want to walk around a lonely park in the cold winter of South Korea. In was near sunset. I sat on an empty bench, sighing, and thinking in deep thought.

 

 

~

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

“Luhan?” Mrs. Han called. (Seulmi’s mom)

“Yes, Mrs. Han? Is something wrong?” I answered.

“Is Seulmi with you?”

“No, she is it not. Why? Is she not home?”

“She was, but she wasn’t herself today. She’s acting unusual. Something is wrong.”

“What? Why?”

“I don’t know why. But please go with her, you’re the only one I know she trusts.”

“Alright I’m on my way, Mrs. Han.”

“Thank you, Luhan. She should be at the park, if not, come back to our house.”

“No problem. Thank you for telling me. I’m going now. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

About half an hour later, a manly figure came panting beside me.

“Seulmi?” A familiar voice made me turn my head to his direction.

“Luhan?”

 

Smiling in relief he sat beside me on the bench and cupped my cheeks with his fairly warm hands. He combed through my hair and nearly interrogated me.

“Seulmi, what’s going on? How are you? Are you okay? What happened?”

I faintly smiled at his concerned expressions, but guiltily pulled my face away from his gentle touch.

 

“I’m fine, Luhan. Why are you here?”

“A little birdie told me that you aren’t feeling well.”

“Is it my mom?”

“I said a little birdie…”

 

I giggled for the first time ever since my encounter with Jongin, which brought another frown to my face. Of course, Luhan noticed.

 

“Seul, Is something wr-“

“They were right, Luhan. Those boys from yesterday were right. Maybe I am a piece of trash. I can’t even act strong or defend myself.” I sniffed, trying to prevent tears from falling.

“Don’t think like that, Seulmi. Don’t ever think that. You are nothing like what they say.”

“But Luhan, you don’t understand! The pain I feel now, you don’t know how much it hurts.” A tear feel upon my pajamas.

Luhan didn’t say anything, but scooted closer to me, wrapping his arms around me, letting my head rest on his chest. Luhan has seen my cry like this before. He’s been with me ever since last winter, when Jongin left me. Only a week later, Luhan came into my life, and he has been there for me ever since, through thick and thin. Luhan is my older brother, my best friend, my crying shoulder.

“There’s nothing wrong with crying, Seulmi.” He combed through my hair and folded my hair behind my ears for him to see my face clearly. “Tears don’t show weakness. They show that you’re strong enough to shed them.”

 

He hugged me tighter, and I felt all of my sorrow build up again.

“You should never hold in your tears. You can cry. People say it’s less painful when you cry. So you should. You can cry when I’m around, too. I’ll always be here, right?”

Without any more objections, I opened up to his comfort and let it all out. I buried my face into his chest and sobbed. The pain, the tears, and the sorrow weren’t hidden anymore. I hid nothing from Luhan. I wept and he only held onto me tighter.

“I’m so sorry, Luhan.” I sobbed, “I try to forget him, I really do. But somehow, I can’t. Almost anything reminds me of Jongin. But now that thinking of him hurts so much, I want to forget. Why can’t I just forget everything, the pain and the crying, I want to forget. Is that so hard?”

Luhan rubbed my back and held onto my trembling hand.

“It’s hard. But you can handle it. Your strong and brave, that’s one of the million things I love about you. We’ll get through this… Together.”

 

 

Together…

 

 

~

 

 

This is an EXTREMELY short chapter. I usually never post things this short. But oh well... time for new things?

 

This chapter portrays Luhan's care and love for Seulmi and also how close they are. t also introduces the time Jongin and Seulmi split up.

 

 

New Subscriber:

 

chaarmae

 

Chingu~~!! Thank you so much for reading the story, I hope you are enjoying! Don't forget to comment your opinion and upvote if you like it~! It means a lot, chingu~! Thank you! Saranghaeyoooo~! >.<