Final Decision

Replacing Sunshine

 

Chapter 10:

 

 

 

Seulmi's POV

 

 

 

I bet Luhan was shocked by the unexpected scene as well. I looked behind me to see his confused face already about 10 feet away from us. I tried prying my hand away from Jongin, but his grip was incredibly tight and his pace was fast. I was almost being dragged.

 

I could hear Luhan yelling at him from behind and his footsteps stomping and jogging after us.

“YAAAH~! YAAH~! KAI~! WHAT THE HELL!!!” He tried chasing after us, but Kai abruptly turned a tight corner, causing me to yelp again in surprise.

 

He found an open, abandoned classroom and lead me inside, locking the door behind us. If Luhan was just a couple seconds faster, he would’ve caught up, but now, he’s banging against the locked classroom door.

 

“KAI~! WHAT THE HECK! OPEN THE DOOR!!! YAAAHHH~!” He kept hammering the door with his fist, causing a lot of noise.

 

Fortunately, the school isn’t as crowded and occupied even after just 20 minutes after the dismissal. About ¼ of the school population would still be here either for tests, friends, or some after school clubs. Not many people would hear our ruckus, but with Luhan’s harsh knocking, the scene would be witnessed much sooner.

 

With Jongin stopping in front of me inside the empty classroom, I took the chance to yank my wrist away from his ridiculously tight grip, causing him to face me.

“WHAT THE HECK, JONGIN~!” I yelled at him for unexpectedly abducting me. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING~?”

 

Behind me, I still heard Luhan pounding on the door, glancing through the hallway windows from time to time.

 

“What’s up with you and Luhan, huh?! Why are you two suddenly so close now?” He asked in almost the same level of volume, I yelled at him with.

“It’s none of your business!”

“IT IS MY BUSINESS~!”

“Why do you care anyways?!”

“Because…” He stopped there, not knowing what to answer.

 

I knew it.

 

I scoffed, but I felt absolutely no joking in this conversation.

“You have no reason to care about me anymore, Jongin.”

“Just tell me why then…”

“Because we’re dating! Luhan and I are dating and it’s been two weeks already. THERE!”

 

I could practically see steam vent out of his ears and he just turned away, clutching the front part of his hair with one hand. He then turned back to me.

 

“WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!” He shouted at me.

“I believe that I don’t need your approval, Jongin!”

“I was your best friend, Seulmi~!”

“Well why aren’t you my best friend now, huh???”

 

He was silenced.

 

“Yeah… exactly. It was your choice to leave me. It was your choice to abandon me with no one else!”

“Seulmi… I-“ He called in a more calming voice, but not even that could relax me.

“NO JONGIN! You told me that we should have nothing to do with each other anymore. I told me to move on and let go of our friendship. You told me to throw away that ring too!”

“But, Seulmi…”

I felt my vision blur up from the tears flooding in my waterline.

“You’re the one who described me as a PIECE OF TRASH~!”

 

Jongin completely stopped and could only look into my eyes, meaningfully.

“Don’t talk to me anymore, Jongin. Please… just leave me alone…”

I tried to power-walk out of the room, but he caught my wrist again, swinging me back to facing him.

“Seulmi… You don’t understand. You don’t know the reason.” He tried explaining.

“You already told me the reason and it’s because there’s so much more people to be best friends with rather than a piece of trash like me.” I quoted exactly what he said in the past, causing him to look down, painfully.

 

“Seulmi… just let me explain.” He held on even tighter.

“Jongin, let go of me, please…” My prying was definitely not working out very well.

“Just let me explain!”

“Jongin~! Let go! You’re hurting me!”

 

 

Soon after, Luhan managed to open the door to the classroom.

 

Taking note of what’s going on, he was instantly alerted from Jongin’s harsh grip.

“DON’T TOUCH HER~!” Luhan shouted.

Harshly pushing Jongin away from me, my wrist was freed. Surprised by Luhan’s push, he pushed him back, but even harder, causing Luhan to almost fall back if I didn’t support his back with my hand.

 

“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” Jongin yelled back.

 

Getting protective over my best friend, my voice rose.

“JONGIN~! WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM~?!”

 

He didn’t even notice me and went Luhan, straightaway, grabbing Luhan’s collar and lifting him up. I panicked, of course, concerned for my boyfriend, who was now being harassed by Jongin.

 

“YAAHH~! KIM JONGIN~! LET GO OF HIM~!” I shouted, trying to tear him off of the other before anything else bad happens.

 

Students outside of the classroom were starting to notice and soon, our audience double into more than about 15 witnesses.

 

“Jongin, Get off of him!!!” My strength was no match for Jongin, as always. Sigh.

 

“So this is your so-called boyfriend?” Jongin asked in anger and sarcasm. “He’s so nosy, don’t you think? Barging into a conversation and pushing me!” He scoffed, but still didn’t let go.

 

Luhan acted as if he wasn’t intimidated, but both of us knew that he definitely was.

 

“Jongin, let go of him now!! Leave him out of this!”

Of course, Jongin pretended as if he was deaf to me.

 

“Tell me, Chinese boy! Why are you so nosy? How dare you push me?!” Jongin asked Luhan so close to the face, but still raising his voice.

“Because I was defending my girlfriend!”

“How is she your girlfriend anyways? Did you asked her out? Were you the one who started all of this? Huh? Because you look like a playboy and I bet you are at wherever you were from. You’re just here to play with her feelings, aren’t you??”

“The only person who played with her feelings here is you!!!” Luhan unexpectedly fought back, yelling. The scoffed to his face. “Playboy”

 

Jongin’s eyes raged with fire once Luhan’s words reached his ears.

 

I know Jongin. I knew what he was going to do next. Jongin is violent whenever he’s raged. He does things that frighten me so much that I was afraid to ever anger him when we were friends. But he does believe that rule of boys ever harming a girl physically.

But Luhan isn’t a girl… this is different.

 

Knowing Jongin’s next move, I did what I had to do to end all of this plus protecting my best friend at the moment.

 

Jongin let go of Luhan’s collar, but a split second after, aiming for a punch in his face. It was only seconds that everything began to result to gasping, shock, and panic. It all happened so quickly.

 

Next thing I knew, I was cupping an entire side of my face with my hands, on the floor in pain. All I heard were gasps and phone clicks coming from the hallway. Luhan kneeled down beside me, helping me, asking if I was okay. He was also scolding me a little in whispers.

I glared at Jongin who was still in front of me on his feet. He was dumbfounded, shuffling backwards in shock and glancing down to his fist.

I felt that burning, icy sensation on the left side of my face, where I was just punched. I felt my cheek bone go numb a bit and blood rushed to my cheek. I still covered my injuries, but took almost no notice to them when I stared at Jongin in hatred.

 

I stood up on my own and stormed out of the room with Luhan following me. I sensed eyes burning hole through my back as I walked down to hall again, but I didn’t care.

 

I was hurt badly for a girl my age. I was hurt so much, physically and emotionally.

 

I’ve made my decision. Forget.

 

Not only move on from Jongin, but erase my memories, replacing them with new ones because I’ve had enough. I’m fine with Jongin hurting me, but knowing that his punch was for Luhan and that he wanted to do it right in front of me, I couldn’t tolerate that.

 

I’m done.

 

*Jongin… From now on, I’m done with you. Maybe you were right. Maybe we should have nothing to do with each other anymore.*

 

 

~

 

This actually isn't even the suspenseful part yet..... OTL It's going to be so raging, electronics will probably end up on the floor... lol I actually don't know. I feel like I have no special ability to make good suspense. Ugh. Sigh.

 

New Subscribers:

 

avisdawn

 

Thank you so much for subscribing, lovely! I hope you enjoy the story! I would also appreiate if you comment your opinion below and upvote if you like it so far^^ Thank you again, chingu~! Saranghaeyooo >.<