Moving On

Replacing Sunshine

 

NOTE: May have many Typos... Please forgive me~ :///

 

 

Chapter 15:

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

It’s a brand new year! (Let’s say its 2014…) Joy and Seulmi are fully healed and tons of New Year resolutions are aimed to be fulfilled. Seulmi has been busy with homework and school work she has missed when she was in the hospital. New Year’s Day was the only day I spent with her and on that day, we just ate and did some more work.

 

Lunch.

 

Seulmi was buying lunch for herself while Tao insisted to sit with us. I couldn’t say no, after all, he’s my friend. Lay, another Chinese student that transferred the same time I did, was absent for a dance trip today, causing Tao to be lonely since he usually sat with Lay.

Tao and I sat in our lunch table and began eating. I had a sandwich with water and Tao had panda printed cookies with milk. Of course, he took a picture of his lunch before taking his first cookie.

With half of his mouth full, he spoke up.

“I heard that Seulmi was in the bus accident…” he brought up.

I just nodded.

“How is she?” He asked more, swallowing his cookies.

“She’s doing fine.” I replied, “Her injuries are fully healed and she’s just like how she was before.”

Tao sipped from his mini carton of milk while I did the same with my water bottle.

“Did she lose her memory?”

I nearly choked on my water once those words left his mouth.

 

*How does he know about Seulmi and her memory???* I swallowed, nervously.

 

If I tell anybody else, it will create gossip, which is the last thing we need at the moment. Seulmi did lose her memory, but if anyone is going to help her regain it, it’s me. Even if Kai did hurt her, she also loved him before all of this even happened. Her memories with him were not in vain. He deserves to be remembered and she deserves to move on. Not forget.

“No…” I slowly responded to his sudden question. “Why do you say that?”

Tao shrugged and shoved more cookies into his mouth. “I see those kinds of things happen in movies and dramas.”

I wave of relief washed over me. He proceeded.

“After an accident, people sometimes lose their memory of things important.”

 

I do see those in a lot in dramas. As if my life is a drama. *Sigh*

 

He kept talking and I kept nodding.

 

~

 

 

Chapter 15:

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

It’s a brand new year! (Let’s say its 2014…) Joy and Seulmi are fully healed and tons of New Year resolutions are aimed to be fulfilled. Seulmi has been busy with homework and school work she has missed when she was in the hospital. New Year’s Day was the only day I spent with her and on that day, we just ate and did some more work.

 

Lunch.

 

Seulmi was buying lunch for herself while Tao insisted to sit with us. I couldn’t say no, after all, he’s my friend. Lay, another Chinese student that transferred the same time I did, was absent for a dance trip today, causing Tao to be lonely since he usually sat with Lay.

Tao and I sat in our lunch table and began eating. I had a sandwich with water and Tao had panda printed cookies with milk. Of course, he took a picture of his lunch before taking his first cookie.

With half of his mouth full, he spoke up.

“I heard that Seulmi was in the bus accident…” he brought up.

I just nodded.

“How is she?” He asked more, swallowing his cookies.

“She’s doing fine.” I replied, “Her injuries are fully healed and she’s just like how she was before.”

Tao sipped from his mini carton of milk while I did the same with my water bottle.

“Did she lose her memory?”

I nearly choked on my water once those words left his mouth.

 

*How does he know about Seulmi and her memory???* I swallowed, nervously.

 

If I tell anybody else, it will create gossip, which is the last thing we need at the moment. Seulmi did lose her memory, but if anyone is going to help her regain it, it’s me. Even if Kai did hurt her, she also loved him before all of this even happened. Her memories with him were not in vain. He deserves to be remembered and she deserves to move on. Not forget.

“No…” I slowly responded to his sudden question. “Why do you say that?”

Tao shrugged and shoved more cookies into his mouth. “I see those kinds of things happen in movies and dramas.”

I wave of relief washed over me. He proceeded.

“After an accident, people sometimes lose their memory of things important.”

 

I do see those in a lot in dramas. As if my life is a drama. *Sigh*

 

He kept talking and I kept nodding.

 

~

 

Jongin's POV

 

 

I'm becoming less and less worried about Seulmi. Luhan treats her well and she's been doing fine. Meanwhile, Jinah and I started enjoying each other's acquaintance. She hasn't been gossiping for weeks now. I guess that's progress.

Christmas wasn't too bad with her either. We walked along the park and watched a movie, even if it is as boring as it sounds. Her image started changing in my mind. She's no longer that annoying, stuck-up queenka. She's been polite and concerned for me and I appreciated that.

I didn't think about my problems when I was with her. All of my worries just somehow slipped my mind. Maybe she really is the key to moving on.

 

~

 

Seulmi's POV

 

 

Home.

 

 

I asked Luhan to help me with my English Homework after school since I was having trouble with it. He's been explaining for about an hour now and the fact that my very own boyfriend is the one teaching me doesn't help.

Nothing was going through my brain at the moment.

"But Luhan~ how the- What the- Ugghhh~" I groaned ib frustration, knocking my forehead on my desk, repeatedly.

Luhan rubbed my back to relax me and did his best to motivate me.

 

"Come on, Seulmi. You can do this... This is actually some really difficult material. Some students don't even get this far." He pep-talked me with a positive tone.

 

I sat uo and shook my head, with portions of my hair covering my face. "I'll never get this, Han~. It just doesn't make any sense~."

 

Luhan fixed my hair, hiding the the excess portions behind my ears so he could see my face.

 

"Come one, Seul~. Just one more try. I'll buy you strawberry milk if you finish today." He tried bribing me, and of course, it worked.

 

I sighed, once again picking up my pencil, giving in. Luhan grinned and began explaining again.

 

 

1 hour later.

 

 

The homework packet was halfway finished and both of us took pride in that.

 

Luhan cheered, "See~ I knew you could do it~!"

 

I was surprised as well, but my mind was tired.

 

"Han, can we take a 20 minute break?" I asked.

 

He nodded, "Sure. Want me to go get some snacks?"

 

I shook my head, "I'll get them. You stay here."

 

I stood up from my swirly office chair and walked out of the room.

 

 

~

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

 

I stayed in Seulmi's room as I was told to. Her room was no alien planet to me. I've been here countless of times. By now I would have already memorized where everything was. I stood up from one of her other swirly office chairs and wandered around her room. Every picture frame was where I remembered them to be and every piece of paper or note was where I expected them to be.

 

Next to her bed was a nightstand, holding up her alarm clock, cell phone charger/ speaker, and picture frames. Two picture frames always stood on that nightstand. One of them of her and Mr. Han. Then the other was with me and her on a snow day, which was well before we started dating. She usually leaves her phone charging on her charger/ speaker once she gets home. I pressed the power button on her phone, showing another picture of us as her lock screen. It was a selca of when we were cooking dinner on Christmas. A smile snuck onto my face and I didn't even notice.

 

I kept wandering around as I waited until I found something unusual. I came upon a slightly open drawer on her nightstand. As I closed it back up, something shiny caught my eye. I slowly opened the drawer up, just a little, seeing a ring.

 

I picked it up, remembering the time she ran into Kai one weekend and when I had to come over and comfort her. She talked about a ring and that it was a gift from him a long time ago.

 

Looking at the ring pinched between my thumb and index finger, I started remembering something else. Then it hit me.

 

Kai's ring.

 

 

He wore a matching one on Christmas Day. I noticed that Jinah didn't have the same one, yet he still wore it. I grew concerned. Seulmi said she threw it away. Why is it still here?

 

 

Soon, Seulmi walked back into the room with water and baby carrots with ranch on a plate.

"Here's the snacks. I decided to be healthy today because-" She stared at me with a hint of nervousness and surprise once she saw the ring in my hands.

She pretended as if it didn't bother her and proceeded with setting the snacks onto the desk.

 

"Did you regain your memory, Seulmi?" I asked, softly.

She didn't make eye contact with me.

"What do you mean?" She responded just as quietly and sat back down in her seat.

I walked over to her and sat back into my chair, but leaned towards her more. I showed her the ring and asked one more time.

"Do you remember Jongin now?" I asked.

She only stared at the ring and looked away.

"Why do you ask?" She quietly told me.

"Because I need to know if you're fully healed already."

"I am fully healed."

"Not if you didn't regain your memory yet."

"Why do you want me to remember Jongin? Wasn't he someone that hurt me before? Why would you want me to remember him?" She asked looking straight into my eyes now.

"Because you also loved him. You also cared for him, longed for him."

 

She couldn't answer.

 

I gently held her hand, sending her pleading eyes. "I want to help you, Seulmi. You've been through so much. Those memories prove that you're strong. They help you prove to yourself that you've been through worse heartbreak. But they also help you prove to yourself that you learned how to love."

 

 

~

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

Seulmi felt the guiltiest wave hit her. She once again lied to him for Jongin. But she felt that she had to keeo going. She believed that unless she forgot all about Jongin, her love for Luhan would never be whole.

 

Her heart felt as if it was a punching bag. She hated it. She hated lying to Luhan especually since all he's ever done was love and care for her. She hated herself, but she did it for Luhan. Only because she loves him.

 

She closed her eyes and hung her head in sorrow.

 

"Seul... Please tell me..." He softly pleaded, "Do you remember him?"

 

 

*Han.... I'm so sorry...*

 

 

"No..."

 

 

~

 

So sorry for a late and stupid update. I did this chapter on my phone too and I also had trouble transferring the chapter to my computer. It was a hassle. I hate hassles and stress.

 

I also hate Lawsuits -.-

 

Suspicions are made between Luhan and Seulmi. Just in case anybody is confused with the problem here, Seulmi lied to Luhan, pretending that she forgot Jongin after the accident. She lied not only to him but also trying to lie to herself. She believes that if she could trick herself to forgot about Jongin for a while, she could move on faster. But that also conflicts with Luhan, because she's lying to him during the process. She sort of doesn't want to burden him with her troubles with Jongin, so she wants to move on by herself, without Luhan to help her. It's not that she doesn't trust him, she just doesn't want him to be burdened.

 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give feedback~ Let me know how I'm doing! Upvote if you want to! Thank you for reading, chingus~!

 

New Subscribers:

 

kimmeth

pinkgirl

jullijus

Geetamin

kpopj3

think_blue

 

Thank you soo very much for giving this story a try! The ending will be better, i think. So please stay tuned~ Please also COMMENT AND UPVOTE~ Saranghaeyo, chingus~! <3333

 

ohmylulu

You, lovely... I remember you, who also read and greatly supported my other stories and I just can't express how happy I am to see you again. I hope you enjoy this story too! Nuhmoo Saranghaeyo~, chingu~! Stay tuned~! Please also comment your opinions, or even feels^^. Upvote if you think I'm doing well.