Bonus Chapter: Wait

Replacing Sunshine

Chapter 22: Bonus Chapter 1

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

 

3 months after High School Graduation

 

 

Baekhyun, Suho, and Sehun became trainees for JYP Nation. Kyungsoo became a thriving restaurant owner after being bought a small building from his parents for graduating with honors. Chanyeol is currently in college and has a big time crush on his 3rd year sunbae, Park Sandara. Youngjae and Joy were still in the same cute relationship, but managed to see each other less because of the distance between their colleges. Sumin was in college as well, still on top of her class.

Seulmi and Luhan attended different colleges. Seulmi studied to become a teacher and Luhan studied law. Even though they studied apart, they visited each other often. They would even study together at a café if it was possible.

 

 However there as still two people missing from this list.

 

~

 

It’s time.

 

Everything from his two years in Ulsan led to this moment.

 

Jongin stepped off of the plane, tightly holding onto his bags, smiling widely.

 

*Did you miss me, Seoul?*

 

He walked the halls of the very vast airport. It wasn’t very crowded since it was only 6 in the morning. He called two people to pick him up. One was Suho and the next was Jinah. Walking further towards the exits, he stopped to check his phone for any messages. Before he could walk any further, he heard a familiar voice.

 

“YAH~! KIM JONGIN~!!!!” He turned to the voice, seeing a person he’s missed for so long.

 

Soon enough, he opened his arms wide, receiving a big, tight hug from Jinah. He ruffled her light brown hair and kissed her forehead.

 

“How have you been, beautiful?” He asked, not letting her go and burying her in his arms.

“You’re finally back.” She told him in a relief and with happiness.

 

In front of him, he saw Suho panting as if he was chasing someone. Suho rested his palms onto his knees, leaning forward to gasp air.

“Yah~ Lee Jinah~ How do you run so fast?” He panted, slightly sweating.

 

Jinah giggled and broke the hug, looking back at Suho.

“I’ve been preparing for this moment.” She chuckled, kicking up her running shoes to show him.

 

Suho man-hugged Jongin as well and patted his shoulder.

“Welcome back, Kai.” He greeted him.

Jongin shook his head. “It’s Jongin. I’m not Kai anymore.”

All three of them smiled warmly and headed for the car which was waiting for them outside.

 

This was only the beginning.

 

~

 

The sun was rising more and more and soon, it was 8 am.

 

Seulmi woke up on her desk after, again, falling asleep from too much studying. It was Saturday. No school today. She had a massive headache and her neck hurt from the very uncomfortable position. She sighed and stood up from her desk, stretching. He put a hand to her head, an instinct when having a headache.

“Aish~ why does this have to happen TODAY?!!” She complained.

 

She collapsed onto her bed and whimpered from the pain from her head. After 5 minutes, she heard a vibration, signaling that she received a text. Seulmi grabbed her phone and checked her messages.

From Luhan <3 >> To Seulmi

Good morning, sunshine. Did you sleep well?

 

 

She texted back.

 

From Seulmi >> To Luhan <3

I have a headache. L

 

*Vibration*

 

From Luhan <3 >> To Seulmi

L Feel better. Is Eumoni home?

 

From Seulmi >> To Luhan <3

No. She went to work to make up for being sick last week.

 

From Luhan <3 >> To Seulmi

Okay^^ Well don’t eat.

 

 

Seulmi made a confused face as she stared at that last text.

 

From Seulmi >> To Luhan <3

What?

 

From Luhan <3 >> To Seulmi

Just don’t eat yet. Wait another hour. ^.^ Okay?

 

From Seulmi >> Luhan <3

…. But I’m hungry.

 

 

~

 

1 hour later.

 

Seulmi’s headache only got worse. She struggled to even answer the front door.

 

At her door, was expectedly Luhan. He smiled happily and she blankly stared at him. She had no power to smile at the moment. She let him in and he set a plastic bag onto the coffee table in the living room. Seulmi sat on the couch, watching him intently.

 

He brought out 2 lunch boxes. 1 filled with soup and 1 filled with steamed white rice. He opened both of them up and gave her a spoon.

“You can eat now.” He smiled.

Seulmi lowered herself beside the table and tried to drink the soup.

“How is this supposed to help me with my headache?” She asked him.

Luhan didn’t frown and kept on smiling. “Just continue eating.”

 

He stood up and kneeled down behind Seulmi and put two fingers on both sides of her temple, beginning to massage her head. He motioned in small, slow circles.

 

“I learned that massaging helps ease the pain. My aunt used to have headaches all the time.” Luhan told Seulmi.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Seulmi asked him.

“I ate at home.”

“What did you eat?”

“A granola bar.”

“That’s it?!”

“Yeah. I ate that before making your soup”

Seulmi sighed and grabbed a spoon full of rice with soup poured over it and turned to face Luhan, making him stop his massaging, putting the spoon in front of his mouth.

“Eat it.” She demanded and he opened his mouth like a baby being fed.

 

She led the spoon into his mouth and pulled it out, making him eat it. He chewed and swallowed.

“Thanks.” He told her and she went back to eating.

 

~

 

15 minutes later.

 

Seulmi finished her food and her headache was gone.

“Wow, Han. You’re massage did work.” She complimented him.

Luhan giggled. “It rubbed off on Lay’s powers.”

 

Luhan began to pack the lunch boxes back into the plastic bag. Seulmi watched him do so.

“So how’s school, Han?” Seulmi asked softly as Luhan finished up.

He glanced up at her and finished with tying a bow. “Good. I just have to get used to a lot of studying.”

She nodded and sat onto the couch. Luhan followed her and sat beside her.

While turning the TV on, Luhan asked her, “What about you? Are there any guys trying to flirt with you?”

Seulmi giggled. “Of course there are. One of them is actually really nice. His name is Hongbin and he’s from-“

“Yaahhh~! Do you want me to visit campus and tell him off?!” Luhan cutted.

Seulmi giggled again. “I was joking, Han. He’s not flirting with me.”

Luhan felt relief fill his insides.

 

Seulmi yawned and rested her head against his shoulder. Luhan slid his hand into hers, intertwining his fingers with hers, finding something that brightened his heart.

 

It was their promise ring.

 

A month after Luhan came back from Beijing, both of them promised to never love anyone else, to stay by each other’s sides, and to support each other. The promise ring wasn’t only for that, though. Luhan even promised her something else.

 

*Flashback*

 

Luhan held Seulmi’s hand in front of him, admiring the ring on her ring finger and also the matching one on his.

“It suits you.” He smiled.

Seulmi smiled back. “It’s pretty, Han. But what is it for?”

He glanced back up to her eyes and smiled wider. “I have a promise to you.”

“What is it?”

“I promise that one day once you finish school and you’ve become a kindergarten teacher… And I am only one or two years away from being a lawyer… one day, I will propose to you.”

Seulmi’s eyes twinkled and her heart definitely stopped.

“P-propose? As in…-“

Luhan chuckled and nodded.

Seulmi bit her lip to stop herself from tearing up from all of the emotion.

Luhan pulled her into a warm hug. “Just a few more years. And everything will be perfect.”

Seulmi nodded as she hugged him back. “I’m sure we can wait that long.”

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

Luhan smiled at the sight of the ring on her finger.

 

“Seul…” He whispered.

“Hmm?”

“I’m sure that in only a few more years, we’ll be sitting here again… on a couch… watching TV and holding hands like this… just that…”

“…”

“We won’t be wearing these rings anymore.”

“…”

“They’ll be engagement rings.”

 

Seulmi grinned and tightened her grasp around Luhan’s hand.

“I guarantee that.” She smiled widely and planted a quick kiss on Luhan’s lips.

 

 

Maybe love isn’t shown only through the words “I love you”. But also by showing that true love won’t fail even if it means waiting so long. Maybe it’s by never doubting your partner, staying by their side through thick and thin.

Love isn’t shown through words, for actions speak louder than words. And time will only keep moving forward. True love isn’t shown through only words, but also by promises, promises that are never broken, trust that never fails, and feelings that never perish. Never.

 

~

 

This is the first bonus chapter. AWFUL BORING HUH? Yes, I was very bored while writing this. I am sorry if you were bored reading this. It was also very short. Sorry about that.

 

This bonus chaprt was a mix of 3 requests.

 

More bonus chapters will come up again, maybe. But they will only be written if requested. So request if you want more bonus chapters.

 

I will only write 2 more bonus chapters after this. The 3rd bonus chapter will be the last so REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST.

 

 

Thank you all for reading! Please upvote if you liked the story and comment your feels^^ and opinoins down below! Take care, everyone! Saranghaeyooo <3333