Trusting You

Replacing Sunshine

Chapter 2:

 

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

The day was shockingly going by very quickly. Before we knew it, we passed the last class period and was already the end of school. It was still freezing outside, I thought Luhan may reconsider hanging out tonight, but I was wrong.

I was waiting beside Luhan’s car, leaning on the side of it as I called my mother, telling her that I’ll be home a bit later because of Luhan. As always she didn’t mind. She liked Luhan a bit too much. She would sometimes insist on buying us movie tickets for two on weekends. She said her “okay” ‘s through the phone and we said our “I-love-you” ‘s. Luhan hurried back to his car after he had to confirm something with our homeroom teacher, Mrs. Chon.

Without hesitation he unlocked the car and opened the passenger seat for me. *Ugh so cheesy, but polite*. Once the door closed and I was inside, he scurried around the car and over to the driver seat. He swiftly inserted the key inside the keyhole and the engine started. Within seconds we were already on the road, buckled and anxious.

 

I opened my mouth to ask where exactly we were going, but he just magically read my mind and interrupted me out of the blue.

“Try not to ask where we’re going, Seul. That’s for me to worry about and for you to find out.”

I chuckled at the irony and just nodded.

 

I stared out into the dimming sky and the setting sun. He glanced at me from the driver side and spoke up, breaking the silence.

 

“Seulmi-ah…”

“Hmm?” I turned my head, seeing nothing else but a concerned deer beside me.

“You trust me right?”

 

Taken back by his suddenly serious question, it took me a moment to process and answer.

“Of course I do, Luhan…”

“Because if you think that telling me about your problem with Kai was a bad idea, we can just say that you never told me.”

“Why would you think that?”

“Because I want to help you…” He told me, looking back to road. “For some reason, it hurts whenever I see you get tore down by his actions. I want to see you be happy all the time. I want to help make that happen, but only if you let me. If you don’t want me to interfere, I’ll understand.”

 

I paused for a very long time, thinking about what I would say and how I would answer. It was complete silence until Luhan parked the car along an open spot on the curb of a sidewalk. When hit the break, he glanced back at me, but now with a warm smile.

“You don’t have to decide now.” He told me, much to my relief, “I can wait.”

He removed his seatbelt swiftly and hopped out, making his way towards the passenger side, again opening the door for me. I hopped out once he did.

Luhan placed his hand on my back, ready to lead me to where he chose to go, but I caught hold of his arm, causing him to look back at me.

“Luhan wait…”

He stopped and faced me. “Yeah?”

I smiled warmly at him and answered his question from before.

“I trust you, Luhan… Help me be happy again.”

 

With that, Luhan broke into a huge smile and pulled me into a cozy hug. I quickly returned it, remembering how much I missed such loving hugs like these. Honestly, he is all I have. He’s now my source of happiness and warmth. My parents are helpful too, but they’re busy and I don’t want them to worry about me too much. My dad is in the United States working his off for our family and for me to be able to go to a good college. My mom is a full-time worker, working her dream job as a pediatrician (doctor for children) and money for our shelter, food, and supplies. Compared to Luhan, he’s with me even at times when I told need him there and don’t get wrong, I love him. He’s my brother, my rock, protective wall, and comforting shoulder that I can cry and count on. He’s someone Jongin used to be.

He broke the hug and rested his hands on my shoulders, gazing into my eyes as I looked up at him.

“You’re cold aren’t you?” He asked.

*How did he know? Dang, this psychic! …*

“Is it obvious?” I asked curiously.

“Nope. I just know you too well.” He shrugged and grinned, “Maybe we should grab a warm drink first.”

I nodded at his suggestion and we walked along the sidewalk to a cozy café. We would’ve gotten bubble tea since there was a bubble tea shop beside it, but it was too cold and I felt like having hot chocolate. But I now I know where to go if I ever wanted some nearby bubble tea.

We exited the café once we had our drinks. Coming out empty-handed, we kept walking further down the street. I have no idea where Luhan drove me. This place looks so unfamiliar, but very busy. The sidewalk seems like it would go forever without an end.

The sidewalk and streets were busy. No cars didn’t pass through very often because if any even did, they would probably be looking for a parking spot. The place was full of happy couples, young and old. Most were holding hands, hugging, and kissing, making it a bit awkward for Luhan and I since we weren’t dating. But the tension drifted away quickly and soon, we didn’t even feel awkward anymore.

After 5 minutes of laughing and chatting, Luhan suddenly tapped my shoulder and pointed at a certain direction. Looking at where his finger was pointing, I saw a stuffed animal shop. Unconsciously gasping, I instantly covered my mouth, which was obviously gaping.

I love toy shops, especially ones with lots of stuffed animals. I’ve always loved stuffed animals. I have plenty of them in my room, but not too much and not all pink and white ones like what little girls would obsess over. I have those things scattered all of over my room and Luhan knew I had something special with them.

Luhan and I sped inside eagerly and stared at everything in awe. The shop was crowded as well. Once we saw an empty space, we rushed on it to be able to get away from the crowd of couples. Luhan glanced at me from his side.

“So what do you want?” He asked instantly, knowing that I want everything in there.

I glanced back at him, trying not to make it obvious. “What do you mean?”

“What do you want me to buy for you in here?”

“Luhan… You don’t have to-“

“No. I’m buying you something. Come on!”

 

Luhan locked him arm with mine and dragged me somewhere in the store. We circled the entire store until he noticed my eyes glitter at a sight of toy sitting in the corner. Luhan smiled widely to himself and immediately grabbed the giant brown teddy bear with a pink bow on one of its ears, out of the corner and instantly rushed it over to the register. He powerwalked through the crowd, leaving me to chase after him and the gigantic bear. Once the transaction was done, he closed his wallet and placed it back in his back pocket swiftly. He carried the bear back out into outdoors and stopped beside the store’s entrance, waiting for me to get to where he was since I was still stuck in traffic inside. The moment I reached him, he held out the huge teddy bear in front of me. I grabbed it, knowing that I couldn’t resist it.

“Luhan… You didn’t have to-“ *Okay… He has to stop interrupting me…*

“Nuh-uh~! Accept it. I know you love it.” He crossed his arms.

 

I can’t lie. I really do. I hate how he’s right. Aish. Luhan.

 

Without noticing, I cracked a tiny smile and he beamed.

“Eeeeyyyyhhh~! See, I knew it!”

 

 

~

 

 

We walked back to Luhan’s car almost 2 hours later, still carrying a bear with a few extra things such as candy bags in our hands and a big lollipop. I struggle to keep holding onto my bear since I had to hug it and hold my lollipop at the same time with the same arm. Luhan opened the passenger door for me, as usual, and sat the giant teddy bear in the back seat along with other bags with other unnecessary things that we bought. Our matching beanies were in there along with more candy.

Our beanies actually came from a sweet goodie shop for couples around Seoul. It’s apparently very popular, considering that the store was huge and was still fully packed. We both bought dark brown beanies with ears on the top to resemble a fox. *Totally not like a couple… psh* However Luhan’s face didn’t go well with the hat. It makes him look like the wrong mixture of a deer and a fox.

Once Luhan hopped into the driver seat, I asked him, “Don’t you think that we spent a bit too much money today?”

He giggled as he started the ignition. “No, of course not, Seul. Money you waste on people you care about is not wasted money…”

 

*Why does Luhan have to be so wise…. Ugh, LuGe…*

 

The car ride was filled with laughter and tears of extreme laughter. Before I knew it, I was already home, hugging my bear, wearing my couple beanie, and holding my candy bags as I waved Luhan goodbye from outside his car.

Luhan waved back and opened the passenger window to talk.

 

“Bye Luhan~! Thank you for today! Drive safely!” I waved happily.

“Bye Seulmi~! Sleep well!” He waved back once more before he drove off into the street.

 

~

 

Author's Note:

 

Well this is the last half of Chapter 1... but was turned into Chapter 2. Luhan is sooo cheesy... He should cut down on his cheese. But this LuGe is too cute to be a serious and cold person. Aigooo Luludeer.

 

I hope all of you are enjoying! Make sure to subscribe and stay tuned!

 

Next Chapter will introduce Kai's side to Seulmi's efforts.

 

Poor Seul...

 

 

New Subscribers:

 

scattered

 

Kyaaa~! scattered, I remember you read and subscribed to my other story/ stories~! I can't thank you enough for sticking with me and continuing to read my stories. It means the world to me, so thank you sooo very much~! Kamsahabnida, chingu~! Saranghaeyooo >.<

 

Don't forget to comment your opinion and upvote if you like the story!^^

 

 

 

 

~