Temptations

Replacing Sunshine

 

Chapter 6:

 

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” I asked my female classmate to repeat what I just heard, not knowing that my voice was louder than I intended it to be.

 

Choi Sumin, is the one that confronted me before the bell rang and before Luhan arrived to school. Its Thursday and tomorrow is my birthday. The news I was just informed of is not a good way to start off a day before my birthday.

Sumin told me about Jongin and his new girlfriend, Jinah. I mean… out of all girls, why Jinah? I know she’s pretty and popular, even a model. But Jongin hates bratty girls, the kind of girls Jinah portrays. She’s also an airhead. Jongin also respects smart girls more than not so smart girls. It would’ve made more sense if he started dating Sumin over here. She’s pretty and smart, not as bratty as Jinah.

It just doesn’t make any sense.

For some reason, I felt my heart drop and my blood to chill. It felt awful, I hated that feeling. Its not jealousy… umm… I don’t know what it is, but I hate it. I know it’s not jealousy though! It may seem like it, but it’s not, okay??

 

“We’re not friends, but I think you have the right know about this.” Sumin explained politely, “Since you claim yourself as a former ‘best friend’ of Kai, I just had to tell you about that. I’m surprised you didn’t even hear about it. The word is swarming around school.”

I looked down, not knowing what to think anymore. I should’ve found out earlier. I should’ve known that he would be able to move on so quickly and find someone else this fast.

 

“Thank you for telling me though…” I thanked her with a small grin.

She kindly smiled back. She placed a hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes, trying to comfort me.

“I actually think that they don’t even match each other. They don’t look very good together. Knowing a bit of Jinah, Kai can do a bit better on finding someone else to date.”

I smiled a bit bigger, but she stopped me.

“But remember, I still don’t believe you so much about that ‘best friend’ thing with Kai. I sort of rely on proof and on what I see when it comes to cuties like Kai. Also remember that we’re not exactly friends. I just told you about this because I thought it would be the right thing to do.”

 

I melted into a frown and she bid me a farewell before walking into class.

 

 

~

 

Luhan was almost late to school. He said that he stayed up too late last night studying for the test today. Once he arrived at school he explained everything and we immediately rushed into class.

Sitting in our normal seats, I couldn’t help but to glance over to Jongin’s desk.

There he is. He’s with his girlfriend too. I clenched my teeth.

 

*Stop thinking about him.* My conscious tried prying my eyes away. *Stop looking at him. He’s move on. He’s not yours anymore. He’s someone else’s.*

 

I don’t think Luhan knows about this yet. I don’t even know if I should tell him. He’s already trying to help me forget about Jongin. Telling him about Jongin would only make him feel like his efforts were done in vain.

 

 

~

 

Friday.

 

I woke to an unfamiliar deafening noise on my 17th birthday. It wasn’t my alarm clock, for sure, and I feel that I’m waking up earlier than usual. Squinting my eyes to the discomfort of the annoying noise, I looked to its direction. Surprised, It was Luhan sitting beside me on the bed with a cone paper party hat and a party horn in his mouth, blowing it repetitively. Once he noticed that I was awake, he removed the noise maker from his mouth and greeted me.

 

“GOOOD MORNING, SEUL~! SAENGILCUKHAHABNIDA~! HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!” He cheered, cutely waving his hands up in the hair and smiling widely.

I smiled at his adorableness and covered my face to hide my odd laughing face.

 

“Luhan, what are you doing here so early?” I asked as I wiped my eyes to rid of the sleepiness.

“I woke up early and drove here to greet you a happy birthday! Duh~!”

“But it’s 5 o’clock.” Yes. I glanced at the clock. It read 5:07 am. “Han, school doesn’t start until 7:30 and I don’t get up until 6:00.”

“Well, don’t you think that we should change it up a bit on your birthday?”

 

I groaned as I covered myself with my blanket, lazily.

 

“Get up! You don’t want to start off your birthday doing nothing but wait for 6:00!”

“But I’m tired~!” I whined, childishly.

 

After a few more minutes of groaning and convincing, Luhan finally gave up trying to convince me through words.

“Fine. You don’t want to get up? Then, I’m going to have to force you!” He threatened.

I playfully scoffed, “How?”

 

Unexpectedly, I felt arm swiftly slide right under my back and my thighs, lifting my up. In shock, I yelped once Luhan suddenly brought my slim body over his shoulder, having me facing behind him.

 

“YAAA~! HAANN~! LUHAN~! YAA~! PUT ME DOWN! YAAAA~!” I kicked my legs to loosen his grip on my lower body, but that didn’t work.

 

Before I knew it, I was carefully set down on my sofa. I looked up at him in anger and confusion.

He just smirked.

 

“Luhan~! What the heck!” I whined.

He chuckled. “I told you I would force you out of there somehow.”

“Ugghhh….”

 

 

~

 

We arrived at school after watching some TV together on the sofa while eating my mom’s birthday breakfast for me. We got to school on time, but maybe a bit later, considering the fact that we had to jog to class, arriving into the classroom panting and breathing hard.

 

Once we sat down, my eyes expectedly wandered to where Jongin was sitting. It was no surprise that my gaze would end up there. There hasn’t been a day when it doesn’t even accidentally happen. I thought about yesterday and the news about his new girlfriend. My gaze followed exactly where both of them were sitting.

But I shouldn’t let him ruin my day today. I have to try not thinking about him. I have to start off my 17th year fresh. After all, Luhan is the one who’s giving all of his effort to stay by my side. He’s giving all he can. It would be unfair to keep paying so much attention to someone doesn’t even care about me anymore.

 

~

 

Jongin’s POV

 

Happy Birthday to Seulmi.

 

I hope she has a good birthday today. She looked happy the second I saw her. Seeing her smile  like that, it’s beautiful. Her smile is the reason why I had to let go of her. I wanted to see her smile more with someone who really can make her happy.

I bet Luhan was with her all morning. I bet Luhan got her something really nice.

 

Happy Birthday Seulmi. I love you and care for you even though I might not show it. But you shouldn’t know that. You’re better off with Luhan.

None the less, I hope you have good day today.

 

 

~

 

Lunch.

 

Luhan volunteered to buy my lunch for me. I sat lonely at our table and waited for him until Sumin from yesterday came up to me.

 

“Han Seulmi~!” She called out before walking over to me.

“Oh? Choi Sumin…”

“How’s Luhan?”

“Umm… good?”

“Where is he?”

“Buying lunch.”

“For you?”

“Well, yes. Just for today.”

She grinned.

“Really? That’s sweet.”

I was confused. *Why is she asking about him?*

“Well, yeah. I guess.” I shrugged.

“Are you two dating?”

With widened eyes, I was astonished with what she just asked.

“Sumin, you’re mistaken. Luhan and I are just-“

“Because you two would be a really good couple. Not to mention, you can also get rid of your bad publicity from your Kai rumor. Also, if that Kai thing is true, if he sees you so happy with Luhan, maybe he will regret losing you and ask for you back…”

 

There’s so much to process. But she has a point. But it’s still wrong.

 

“Sumin, Luhan and I are just friends. There’s nothing between us.” I explained.

“But Seulmi… dating him would help you so much. It can possibly give you Kai back and erase all of the bad comments people at school make about you.”

 

I really do hate being bullied. And I really want to talk to Jongin again.

 

“Seul… Why don’t you think about it? Okay? Maybe on Monday, everything will be the way you’ve wanted.”

I felt guilty. What do I tell Luhan?

 

I mean, I’ve liked Jongin during our friendship, but I’ve never dated him. Dating a best friend is a bit awkward to me unless both like each other. But I doubt Luhan likes me. This would be such a situation for him.

 

“Okay, Seulmi?” She asked one more time.

“I have to think about it…” I told her quietly.

She nodded. “Good. And Happy Birthday by the way.”

 

Walking away, she waved a little bit.

 

 

 

This could change everything.

 

 

~

 

Ugh... the temptation.

 

Hint: Luhan actually likes Seulmi but is just like Seulmi when she was with Kai. He doesn't want his feelings to ruin their friendship. Don't get Seulmi wrong. Seulmi cares a lot for Luhan, but her feelings towards Kai basically overrides her and she feels controlled to do such wrong things.

 

New subscibers:

 

Samchoe23

Naeibam

 

Thank you sooo much for subscribing~! It would mean a lot if you comment your opinion down below^^ Also upvote if you like the story so far :D Thank you soo much for reading! Enjoy, chingus~!

 

budaksenget68

Chingu~! I clearly remember you from "The Edge of Insanity", my other story! I truly appreciate how you've been with me until the end of that story! I'm so glad that you're reading this story also! It means the world to me! I can't thank you enough. Thank you for sticking with my stories and supporting me, chingu~! Saranghaeyooo <3