Confessions

Replacing Sunshine

May also contain typos :(

 

 

Chapter 17:

 

 

 

Seulmi's POV

 

 

I heard every single word he said outside of my door and it relaxed me to know that I have someone out there that can be there for me. I went a day, 24 hours, from that morning without eating. I guess you can say that it was normal for that for happen. Depression gets the best of people most of the time and I admitted defeat almost immediately. But after a whole day by myself, thinking, sleeping, and dreaming, I felt better.

 

Appa is in a better place, yet he never left me.

 

That's all I'm going to think from now on. I'm not going to cry that he's not here anymore, but smile because I had a father whom I could love and whom could love me back maybe even more.

 

Luhan has never said a word to me ever since. I bet he went home already.

 

I unlocked and unblocked my door, slowly opening it to the world outside of my bedroom. I was a mess, pale and messy-haired. I went into the bathroom first, washing my face and brushing my teeth. I tried smiling in the mirror, didn't look too good, yet didn't look any different.

I needed to eat. I feel like my stomach will explode if I don't eat anytime soon. Before I went into the kitchen with my pajamas I glanced over at the couch, casually, then looked away. But before I could even proceed walking, I glanced back at the couch, in disbelief of what I saw laying on it.

 

Luhan.

 

I instantly walked over to him, who was sleeping on the sofa still in his school clothes.

 

He never left?

 

I stood there, confused. He never went home? Did he even eat? Why did he stay here?

 

I stood up beside him, tapping his shoulder, trying to wake him up.

 

"Han?" I called out to him.

 

His eyes fluttered open and once he saw me they widened. He immediately sat up and smiled warmly. Eventually, he stood up, and settled his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes, full of concern.

"Are you okay now? Do you need more time? Do you need anything?" He asked.

I shook my head and slightly grinned.

"I'm fine, Luhan"

 

 

"Do you need more time?"

 

 

It took me time to think for an answer, but then I shook my head. "He's in a better place."

Luhan smiled in relief and pulled me into a warm, whole-hearted hug.

"Why didn't you go home?" I asked him as I hugged him back.

"I told you that I'd be here when you need me. Now is the time you need me most." He told me, softly.

 

He pulled away from the hug and grabbed my hand. "Come on, I'll buy you breakfast..."

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin's POV

 

The group of kingkas I call friends set up a casual lunch date between all six of us at the Korean Barbeque Restaurant. All of us arrived on time, almost at the same time actually. We sat down at a large table and began eating without hesitation. When we were full enough to actually lift our heads away from the plate, we began making small talk. Unfortunately, the first topic was me.

 

Chanyeol called out my name, however caught everyone else's attention as well.

"So Kai, how's your girlfriend."

 

I lowered my head again, not meeting anyone else's gaze. "She's fine." I answered straightly.

 

I sensed the others glance at each other. Then Kyungsoo continued, "When are you going to break up with her?" he asked, not even looking at me, but to his plate.

 

I looked up again. "What do you mean?"

 

"We noticed that you haven't been worrying about Seulmi anymore. Wasn't that the whole reason why you ever wanted to date Jinah? To get your mind off of Seulmi?"

 

"...yea... So?"

 

"When are you breaking up with Jinah then? Isn't your mission accomplished?" Kyungsoo explained.

 

I gazed down. "Well, what if I don't feel like it yet?"

 

"But hyung... Didn't you say you hated her? You never even considered on dating her at first. Now you're telling us that you don't feel like breaking up with her?" Sehun questioned.

 

"Well... I mean... She's not as bad as I thought... I umm...-"

 

The 5 of them gasped faintly, earning my confusion.

 

"By any chance.... *gasp*... No way~" Baekhyun gasped, fabulously placing a hand in front of his gaping mouth. 

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Did you start to like her? Kai Kim, do you like Lee Jinah???"

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Seulmi's POV

 

 

Luhan advised me a little bit to help me get rid of some pain still lingering on me. He advised me to find someone closest to me, besides him and if they insist to share the pain with me, I let them.

 

The closest people to me?

 

I'm not really close with anyone else besides Luhan and Joy. So I called Joy to spend time with me today. Luhan asked to call someone else. The more the merrier. *sigh*. Who else do I know that like hearing things about people? What about Sumin? No... She barely even sees me as a friend.

 

Luhan suggested for me to try and call her. Surprisingly, she agreed. She promised not to gossip about anything I tell her. I sort of trusted her in that.

 

Once the two arrived, Luhan left to wash up at home and finish a homework assignment.

 

 

~

 

 

For all I know, Sumin is super friendly and would be friends with all who was friendly to her as well. She is also smart, pretty, and knows almost everyone in the whole junior class. She knew Joy and was friends with her in an instant, greeting her and asking how she was doing.

 

For Joy, she's cheerful and cute. She rarely ever gossips, which is one reason why I love her. She's also very calm at times and knows her limits. She gets good grades, has a boyfriend named Youngjae (just chose a random, cute Korean boy name, doesn’t mean anything, no ships or anything whatsoever) and the two of them are just silly.

 

We sat down on my bed and I did what I was supposed to do, let out my sorrows, which actually helped me. Once I was done talking, shaking, trembling in sadness, they hugged me warmly like how true friends would. I never even thought that they would end up being close to me. I liked it.

 

Sumin grabbed my hand, "One way to cheer you up is find something fun to do."

 

Joy asked both of us in an excited tone, "So what should we do?"

 

"Hmmm..." Sumin pondered. "Want ice cream?"

 

 

~

 

 

Jongin's POV

 

The guys have never let me go after their unclear assumption. My answer was also unclear because I really didn't know. Do I like Jinah? I don't know. Do I dislike Jinah? I don't know.

 

Everything seems to be neutral, decisionless. Because I honestly do not know.

 

My hatred towards Jinah's attitude seemed to subside because she never showed a bad attitude anymore. I don't like her enough to actually say i like her though. I never thought about those questions either. I'm just living. I already had Seulmi on my mind to worry about and concern over, bow I have Jinah to worry about. Do I like her or not? Don't ask me because i can't answer.... Yet.

 

 

The guys left but my phone was about to explode from a texting overload. They spammed me with texts all day, I had to turn my phone on silent so I could ignore the texts better. But I also had to find out myself so that I didn't have question myself anymore. What are my feelings? What do I feel for Jinah? Do I even feel anything?

 

I have to find out.

 

 

I called Jinah at 5:40pm.

 

"Yoboseyo?" She answered.

"Jinah?"

"Oh. Kai. Hi."

"Can we ummm... Talk?"

"About what?"

"Umm... I just needed to confirm something with you."

"Can we do it later? Because I'm kind of busy right now. We can meet at about 7 though."

"Okay."

"Where do you want to talk?"

"The park beside school."

"Okay. No problem."

 

 

~

 

 

7pm at the Park.

 

 

I waited on a bench, patiently until I saw her walking towards me. She was un a casual attire, comfortable, yet pretty stylish. She wore a simple, tan, knit sweater with black leggings and tall, brown boots. Her hair was down and waterfalled down her shoulders. She strutted towards me and smiled as she waved.

 

I stood up and waved back. Once she got to me she apologized.

"Sorry if you had to wait long. I was at the modelling agency."

I shook my head, "Its fine."

She smiled again. "So what did you want to talk about?"

She sat down on the bench beside me and waited.

"I was just confused about something..." I told her.

"What is it?"

 

I looked at her in the eyes before I could answer. I saw them glittering, as if she was looking at someone who she cared for and liked. But I didn't believe them. She didn't like me. That was part of the deal.

 

I didn't feel a fire inside me like I did with Seulmi. That fire that lit up whenever I yearned to hug her and tell her that I loved her. I didn't feel that fire. My heartbeat stayed the same too. It didn't race, nor skip a beat. It was normal. Did I like Jinah? Do I feel anything for her? I don't feel a thing. But I felt relieved. I have to move on from Seulmi first. Maybe then I could think about falling in love.

 

I giggled a bit, but slightly scoffing as well, in disbelief and relief.

 

I can't believe I let the guys waver me like that.

 

"Kai?" I snapped back into reality when Jinah called my name out again. "What is it?"

 

"Nothing..." I smirked.

"You called me all the way here to tell me something."

"It’s just that... The guys... They asked me if I like you..."

I saw Jinah's eyes light up and her lips curl a little bit. "Oh..."

"But... Now I know my answer."

She lit up even more, eagerly waiting for an answer.

"I don't."

A frown sunk her face instantly.

"Sorry for wasting your time, Jinah..."

I was planning on standing up but Jinah interrupted my thoughts.

"Why don't you like me?" she asked.

My head shot back at her expression which was disappointed.

"Jinah... Did you forget? We're dating... For business."

She stopped in shock and was taken back.

"We're dating because we need stuff from each other. I am dating you to get my mind off of someone I can't get my mind off of. And you're dating me to borrow some popularity. That's all. We're business partners and that's all we'll ever be."

Jinah seemed as if she was about to blow up from hearing the words I said. "So you're saying that I'm wasting my time, trying to get closer to you? And that you'll never like me?"

"Yes... But that was exactly what we made the whole deal for, Jinah... Nothing more, nothing less."

"BUT IT IS MORE~" Jinah's voice rose and broke the silence in the park.

"Why are you mad? Wh- what are you trying to say?"

"You think you're the one who's confused, Kai? I'm confused! Why do I keep giving myself hope that is helpless when it comes to you? Why do I keep trying to hold on to you?"

"I never asked you to hold onto me, Jinah! We even agreed for this dating thing to be strictly for business only!"

"But that changed~ I CHANGED KAI~!"

"How did you change? What are you saying???"

 

 

 

"I like you, Kai."

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Seulmi's POV

 

 

We watched this comedy film with a couple that always go through weird problems. We were in tears for laughing so much. Unfortunately, Joy had to leave early. We followed her until she was out the door. When the door closed, Sumin faced me and asked me a question, I wished she never asked.

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

Seulmi was about to walk back to the couch until Sumin caught her attention.

"Hey Seulmi..."

"Yes?"

"Did you tell Luhan yet?"

"Tell him what?" Seulmi looked back in confusion.

"That you only asked him out because you wanted to make Kai jealous."

Seulmi paused but shook her head.

"He doesn't need to know because I regret planning on that. That was a selfish plan and I love him now. I love him like a real boyfriend and not someone I use."

"I see... sorry for asking." Sumin apologized.

"It’s okay..." Seulmi smiled.

"So you love him? Luhan?"

 

Seulmi nodded. "He's everything to me."

 

 

But what they didn't know was that Joy, who came back to borrow an umbrella, heard almost everything up to here.

 

 

"Tell him what?" She heard Seulmi.

"That you only asked him out because you wanted to make Kai jealous."

 

 

Joy's eyes widened, covering in shock. *Seulmi is only Luhan to make Kai jealous???*

 

 

~

 

If this had any typos... I apologize. I'm going to try to update more on my phone, since I find a hard time updating at home on my laptop. Only because I can't bring it anywhere because of the weak battery. My phone, I take everywhere and I update whenever I'm not busy.

 

Keep this in mind, Joy will have an unattractive side in the next couple of chapters, but I have no intention on giving her a bad role in this AFF. I also have nothing against RV's Joy in reality. Joy WILL NOT be an antagonist in this story. (Antagonist means a bad person) Joy just happens to do something unpleasant for Seulmi.

 

Thank you for reading, chingus~! Be sure to support, comment your opinions, and upvote! Saranghaeyoooo <333 Thank you for reading~ :DDD

 

 

New Subscribers:

 

Tisha276

 

Thank you so much, chingu~! Thank you for subscribing and giving this story a try! I hope you stay tuned and enjoy! Please don't forget to support and be sure to tell me how I'm doing with the story. Have a wonderful day ahead of you, chingu~ Saranghaeyoooo <333333