Secrets

Replacing Sunshine

Chapter 13:

 

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

 

 

It seems almost impossible. Seulmi forget Kai?!

All she ever thought about was Kai until that day he hit her on the cheek. Once she went back to resting, I consulted her doctor right away.

“Miss Han’s condition consisted of head injury for the most part. Since we don’t know exactly what happened to her in the accident besides her head breaking through glass, we didn’t expect any more issues from her. It may also be possible that her head hit the ground right after she broke through the glass. She was on the side that the bus landed on. It’s possible that she is experiencing a tiny loss of recent events but if she does, it won’t be permanent.” The doctor explained.

“But sir, the memories she seemed to have lost were of someone that she’s known for her whole life.” I informed him.

His eyebrows furrowed. “That’s peculiar. Her X-ray showed her skull to be perfectly fine. There was no major damage done to neither her skull nor her brain. What memories she has lost now, will surely come back eventually.”

 

I made a confused face. *Did she really forget? How long will be she be like this?*

 

~

 

Sunday.

 

 

Seulmi is being discharged today. I dropped her off at her house. I followed her until I stopped at the front door. She looked back at me.

“You’re not coming inside?” She asked, innocently.

I shook my head with a warm smile. “I have to be home to bid Mei a goodbye before she goes back to Beijing.”

She nodded, remembering Mei, my older sister. “Oh right!” She smiled gladly. “Tell her that I wish her a safe trip back and Congratulations on her engagement.”
 

Before leaving, we quickly gave each other a loving hug and I lightly kissed her cheek.

 

“Be careful, alright?” I told her, once I pulled away from her cheek.

Seulmi nodded. “What could possibly go wrong at home…” She giggled.

I giggled also, and then left with my car.

 

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

I waved at Luhan as he drove away. I was about to walk inside until I sparkle of light caught my eye from the edge of the lawn. I looked over to that direction, not finding anything shiny of any sort. Trying to ignore it, I attempted to walk inside again. That certain sparkle flashed the side of my eyes again. I decided to go ahead and try to find out what it was.

I slowly walked to the edge of our lawn, looking down to the ground. After about a minute, I found something shiny and silver. My eyes widened once I figured out what I found.

 

The ring.

 

The ring Jongin forced me to throw that day he passed by. I stared at it in my hand and smiled however frowned as well. I honestly didn’t even know what I felt. I was glad that I found it again, but I was upset, knowing that I shouldn’t have. I hid the ring in my pocket and jogged inside, closing the door.

 

Yes. I remember Jongin. I never forgot.

 

I didn’t do this to lie to Luhan. I did this to lie to myself, to everyone around me, everyone. I lie to myself, thinking that if I believed that I truly forgot about him, moving on would be easier. I never meant to lie to Luhan, but I had to. Maybe I’ll tell him soon. Right now is too early.

 

 

 

~

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

“But Haaaannn~!” Mei whined from behind me as I helped her zip up her suitcase on the bed.

“Mei, It’s useless to whine. I’m not changing my mind.” I told her in a reasoning manner.

“But don’t you miss Beijing? Don’t you miss papa and mama? Didn’t you want to attend one of the universities in Beijing too?”

“I like it here. I want to stay here in Seoul. I attend a good school getting good grades. I have friends and nice neighbors.”

“You have all of that in China too! The grass is greener wherever your family is.” She poetically told me.

“I agree with you, Mei. Mama calls me every week and Papa emails me once month. I have auntie here and I video chat you often. I’m even visiting Beijing for your wedding. Seulmi is here too. The grass may be greener in China, but the sky will be duller without Seulmi.”

Mei sighed in defeat and I handed her the suitcase full of her belongings.

“Are you sure you don’t want to move back home?” She asked one more time as we were exiting the guest room.

“I’m already home.”

 

 

~

 

Airport.

 

The intercom called Mei’s flight number and all three of us stood up from our seats. She glanced at the door awaiting her and then at us. She pulled my aunt and I into a tight hug/

“See you in a few months. Thank you for showing me around Seoul. It’s very beautiful here. Have a merry Christmas too.” She told us.

 

She hugged me one last time, this time tighter.

“I missed you so much, little Han. It’s been more than year since I’ve been able to hug you like this.”

I hugged her back just as tight.

“I wish you and Seulmi the best.” She pulled away and lit up with a warm smile.

“Thanks, Mei. I’ll see you again in a couple of months.” I smiled.

“If you ever miss us back at home, your room is still there, untouched. Come back home whenever you like.” I just grinned, but in my heart, I refused to move back to Beijing.

My home is here in Seoul, with Seulmi.

 

I just nodded as if I were to think about her suggestion.

She bid us one more see-you-later. Then she disappeared through the tunnel to her flight.

 

 

~

 

 

It’s Christmas Day in a couple more days. Tomorrow night is Christmas Eve and Seulmi and I still haven’t made any plans. I decided to ask her if she feels like doing anything special.

I texted:

 

Luhan >> ‘Seulmi <3’

“Seul~! Christmas is coming up. What are you planning to do?”

 

 

I waited patiently in my room. I knocked by head against the headboard a few times to kill some time. I sighed and waited even longer. 5 minutes has passed and a vibration signaled from my phone.

 

Seulmi <3 >> Luhan

“My mom wants to spend Christmas Eve with me, but she insists that we should be together on Christmas Day. What do you think?”

 

The edges of my lips curled up without me knowing.

 

I texted her back.

 

Luhan >> Seulmi <3

“Sure^^ What do you think we should do?”

 

Seulmi <3 >> Luhan

“Hmm… Don’t know… We have the whole day. I wouldn’t want to sit on the couch the whole day.”

 

Luhan >> Seulmi <3

“All of the restaurants, shops, and cafes would be closed on Christmas, so we can’t really go out.”

 

Seulmi <3 >> Luhan

“You’re right… Oh! I know! Maybe we should make dinner ourselves after a walk around the neighborhood?”

 

Luhan >> Seulmi <3

“Wouldn’t the neighborhood be lonely on Christmas Day?”

 

Seulmi <3 >> Luhan

“No. Sumin from class told me that there are a lot of young people out on Christmas Day.”

 

Luhan >> Seulmi <3

“Okay then! See you then!^^”

 

Seulmi <3 >> Luhan

“Yup~! Well I’m going to sleep. Sleep well, Han~! Saranghae <3”

 

Luhan >> Seulmi

“You too! Sleep well~! Nado Saranghae <33333”

 

 

~

 

 

I woke up and rushed to the grocery store as soon as I woke up.

 

Ugh. 6:15 am.

 

This is really early.

 

Tonight is Christmas Eve and by 6 or 7 tonight, stores would be closing so I had to get all of the Christmas dinner ingredients bought by today. It was more crowded in the grocery store than I thought. A lot of last minute shoppers like me~, hehe.

 

I grabbed a basket once I walked in and started searching.

 

Essentials:

 

Instant Bubble Tea

Milk

Strawberries

Pasta Noodles

Tomatoes

Carrots

Meat

Flowers

Chocolate in a box

 

I ran around the store, rushing until I fell in line with a basket full of food. I was almost panting. Once I paid, I felt satisfied even though my arms were covered with plastic bags.

 

Ugh… I feel like I’m already married. Being a husband is hard work.

 

I laughed at the sudden thought. I must have one beautiful wife then.

 

*Aish… I am a cheeseball…*

 

 

~

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Meanwhile, Seulmi decided to visit Joy at the hospital, who had recently woke up a few days after Seulmi did. Joy suffered more serious injuries than Seulmi. She suffered from the same head injury, however also dislocated her shoulder. After her shoulder was fixed, anesthesia was given to her, making her sleep a bit longer, followed by more rest.

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

I entered the hospital room cautiously and quietly. Peeking my head through the door crack, I saw Joy was sitting up on her hospital bed, scrolling through her phone casually. She had to pry her eyes away from her phone in order to see me at the door. She beamed once she saw me.

“Oh? Seulmi~!!!!” She opened up one of her arms, the one that wasn’t injured.

I jogged up to her, giving her a gentle, warm hug. I sat in the chair beside her bed and set my purse down on my lap.

“Yaahh~! Seulmi-ah~! I missed you soo much! It’s so lonely here!” She freaked out, happily. “How are yoou??? You weren’t injured too much, were you?”

I shook my head, grinning. “No, Joy. I just had minor head injuries. But I’m fine now.”

“That’s good. At least you got discharged before Christmas Eve…” She told me, disappointedly.

“Won’t your family or friends visit you here?” I asked her.

“My parents will visit me tonight for Christmas Eve and my friends and boyfriend plan on spending Christmas Eve with me. I’m also expected to be discharged by tomorrow afternoon.”

I lit up with a smile. “That’s great! You’ll be out on Christmas day!”

She giggled before asking me the next question.

“So did you and Luhan plan your Christmas plans yet? A little birdie told me that he visited you constantly until you got discharged.”

A smile crept upon my lips and I nodded. “We’re having dinner together tomorrow after a walk around the neighborhood.” Joy looked about ready to fangirl. So I shot my hands out. “But that’s it! It’s not anything special! I’m sure that your boyfriend has awesome plans too!”

Joy laughed but then complained. “You’re so lucky to have such a sweetie-pie~!”

I looked down.

“What? You don’t agree with me?” She asked.

“I’m sure that your boyfriend is just as sweet and loves you just as much as Luhan loves me.”

“Tch. I doubt.”

After giggling, I continued. “My point is that Luhan may be my boyfriend, but I sometimes don’t see him as that. I mean, I love him as much as I would love an older brother if I had one, and sometimes even as a trustworthy husband. But he’s also by best friend. They can be cheesy, stupid, and annoying, but you love them dearly. Isn’t that how best friends are supposed to be like?”

Joy shrugged.

“Were you and Kai like that before?”

I paused at her question.

 

I’m supposed to not remember Kai. But I shouldn’t involve Joy in my problems. And I’m telling Luhan soon anyways.

 

I awkwardly grinned, “We’ve had some times that seemed a bit special.” I told her.

“Did you love him as much as you do with Luhan?”

 

My heart dropped. How could I possibly answer that? In my heart, I could. My answer is a definite “yes”. I did love him. I loved him just as much, but I never got that love back. As for Luhan, he loved me back. Luhan and I’s love is constant and instead of loving him the same every day, every day I always find another reason to love him. It was true, I did love Jongin. But I loved him too much, so it hurt me too much when he left.

“…yes..” I answered. “I did.”

 

~

 

Chingus~! I AM SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE 5-6 DAY WAIT~! UGH~ SUCH A BORING CHAPTER TOOO~! Hate myself right now... Mianhaeyoo

My computer has been acting up and I had to get it repaired. My stuff and documents were lost so I had to redo everything :? Sorry for the wait. I will make it up to you~! :DDDD

 

 

New Subscribers:

 

CNtavj

sujung88

xxkaisox

pinkgirl

Yonghyunjoo

 

Thank you soo much for reading! PLEASE stay and support! It means so much that you are reading my story!I hope you enjoy and stay tuned! Please also comment you opnions down below, or maybe even feels^^. Please also upvote if you feel like it~! Again, thank you very much for subscribing~! Have an awesome rest of your day!

 

Thank y