Renewing

Replacing Sunshine

 

Chapter 11:

 

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

 

Friday.

 

 

I must be making progress…

 

 

I didn’t lay an eye on Jongin today. I decided not to pay attention and try to last a day without glancing back at him. Luhan, on the other side, has been super apologetic again, thinking that it was his fault that I have a big, blue bruise on the left side of my face. Of course, it wasn’t his fault that I got punched. I full-heartedly chose to take the punch for him and block him with myself. I regret nothing, even though I’m not very satisfied with my appearance at the moment.

The school is buzzing ten times more today than yesterday or any other days before. But this time, it’s about the fight from yesterday after school, between the three of us. It’s probably been shared a thousand times between friends and groups by now. Numerous people approached me today, asking if I was alright after the hit, even some male friends from class. But as expected, Mr. Protective boyfriend over here sent them stares, scaring them off.

No one besides Jongin’s friends talked to him today. Maybe even his girlfriend as well.

 

He kept glancing back at me today with noticeable guilt and regret. I thing is that I’m not angry at him for punching me… I’m angry at him for thinking that it’s okay for him to barge into my life again after leaving me for about a year. For him thinking that he still has an obligation with me just frustrates me.

 

If he wants me to move on, he has to move on too. If he wants me to stay, he had to stay too.

 

But it looks like I have to start everything on my own. To move on, renew, and replace.

 

 

Now comes the art of making new memories.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

After school.

 

 

I didn’t want to go home especially since Umma keeps asking me what happened to my face and how did I get such a gnarly bruise on my face. I always told her that it wasn’t a big deal and not to worry about it.

I suggested staying with Luhan until dinner time. His aunt was out working for the night, so it was just us. Just like every school day, Luhan drove me wherever I wanted to go. Most likely I ask to go home, but on Fridays, he suggested to go somewhere other than home. Today, it was his house.

 

After heating up a bowl of popcorn, both of us sat on his sofa, turning the TV on to channel that looks most interesting. I stopped channel surfing once I got to the channel that played the “My Love from the Star” drama.

Luhan and I got comfortably lazy on the couch with Luhan leaning his head on my shoulder like a little kid and my own leaning on his. The bowl of popcorn stood between us as we sat.

 

20 minutes into watching, I got fairly bored and decided to play a joke on Luhan for a bit.

“I don’t get it. Aliens don’t even exist!” I declared.

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and sat up.

“Yes they do… what are you talking about? Are you saying that Earth is the only planet with life?” He explained.

“Fine… let’s say that they do exist but why would they want to come to Earth?”

“Maybe they got bored on their home planet.”

“How do you know so much about aliens?”

“Uhh… I’m a well-focused student when it comes to astronomy too.”

“Or maybe you’re an alien…”

Luhan glared at me.

“Or maybe your mind isn’t functioning well today.”

“Well what if you are one?!”

“Then you’re dating an alien!” Luhan’s eyes had a very sarcastic tone, cracking me up.

 

I giggled, having him glare at me again.

 

“What now?” He asked, irritated.

“You’re a really pretty alien then…”

He glared looking even more annoyed, earning another chuckle of mine.

“Shouldn’t you be glad that you have such an accepting girlfriend?” I joked.

“My girlfriend is also very annoying at times and gets on my nerves.” He joked back.

I pouted. “Fine. Then I won’t be your girlfriend anymore!” (I was still messing around)

 

I was ready to get up from the sofa, but he quickly pulled my shoulders and wrapped himself around me using almost all of his limbs just to stop me from getting up again. He looked like a child who just received a brand new toy.

 

He pouted.

“I was joking~…” He whined.

I scoffed playfully, “It didn’t seem like it…”

He hugged tighter on my side and whined even more. But when he realized that he wasn’t making any progress.

Gently, he used both hands to move my face towards him to stare into my eyes, which were still playing hard to get.

“You know I was joking, right?” He asked, concerned.

“Yeah…” I grinned, but sort of rolled my eyes at the fact that he still hasn’t realized that I was just messing around.

“Good. Because you know what?”

“What.”

“Even if you are a bit too curious… or a bit out of control…”

My face started sinking, thinking that he was about to say something offensive.

“I wouldn’t have asked for anyone better.”

 

My stomach filled with butterflies and heart jumped. But instead of making things even more cheesy and awkward, I harshly, but not violently, pushed the side of his face with one of my hands.

“You’re a cheeseball, Han~~~!” I complained, earning a chuckle from him.

But unexpectedly, he placed his hand behind my head and gently kissed my forehead, softly and gracefully, leaving his lips to linger there for a bit before pulling away again.

“I mean it.” He whispered calmly.

 

I smiled and he smiled back. I kissed him back on the cheek, as softly and gently as his, then laid my head onto his shoulder and hugged him back. Our hands intertwined tightly and I stared down at them, cherishing every moment. Just looking at our fingers knitted together, made everything okay again.

 

It made everything seem okay.

 

 

~

 

 

7:00 pm

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

My Aunt arrived home and welcomed Seulmi, just like always. She went straight to her room afterwards, probably going to wash up them go straight to bed after a long day of work. The lazy people we are, Seulmi and I continued to watch TV until I gradually felt her head get heavier and heavier on my shoulder. During a commercial break, I managed to glance down to her, finding her already dozed into a sleep. I unconsciously smiled at her peaceful, sleeping figure. I flicked the TV remote’s power button off and fixed her into a more comfortable position on the couch. Settling her head on one of my pillows and covering her with the blanket I yanked off of my bed, she looked comfortable in my opinion. I sat down on the floor beside her and felt my lips curve up.

She’s really beautiful, inside and out.

 

I barely even noticed that blue flaw on her left cheek. I frowned, remembering that second she threw herself in front of me to take the fall. I felt stupid, not knowing why I didn’t stop her.

 

*I don’t want you to get hurt, Seulmi. I’m trying to heal you from your past wounds. Let’s not make any more. Not physically, not emotionally… We should make memories, make smiles, and laughter. Together*

 

 

 

~

 

 

Seulmi’s POV

 

 

Feeling the sunlight shine through my eyelids, I fluttered them open, realizing that it was already morning. I sat up and stretched, rubbing my eyes from the groggy feeling. I examined my surroundings, confused and curious.

 

*This isn’t my bedroom.*

My eyebrows furrowed and I pried my eyes open even wider.

 

*Where am I?*

 

I was still in my school uniform. I looked around, finding that I was still in Luhan’s living room. Looking down, I found Luhan beside me, but on the floor. His head was on the sofa though, having his head on a soft surface, much to my relief.

 

I peered over his head, peeking a look at his deer-like, sleeping image. He looked so peaceful, without knowing, the ends of my lips curled upwards.

After that, I tried finding my phone. *Crap… Umma must be worried sick!*

 

I found it on the end table behind me, with a sticky-note attached to it saying:

Good Morning~! ^.^ I called your mom already, letting her know that you fell asleep. She didn’t want to bother you so she let you stay for tonight. Don’t you even think about leaving my house without me knowing!

Love, Luhan.

 

I sighed in relief and shook my head in amusement.

 

Staring back down at Luhan, I started playing with his orange-ish locks, braiding a few here and there. I giggled, not noticing that I was having so much fun just playing with hair.

 

I peered over to his face again. He’s still asleep.

 

I poked his nose.

 

He’s still asleep.

 

I giggled again. This is fun.

 

 

I poked his nose again and again until he started shuffling sides.

 

I paused completely until he stopped moving. Once he did, a faint sigh left my mouth.

 

 

I began unwrapping myself from the blanket I had and stepped off of the sofa, making my way around Luhan to grab a drink of water from my backpack.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t careful and quiet enough, that he caught me… or he was awake this whole time… (annoyed face)

Causing me to yelp and shout, he grabbed my foot before I could even maneuver to my backpack. I quickly looked behind me finding him, with a blank, just-woke-up face.

 

“Uhhh… haha… Good morning?” I nervously greeted him, noticing that he still hasn’t let go of my foot.

“You were going to leave weren’t you…” He asked blankly.

“No!”

“What are you doing?”

“I was getting a water bottle from my backpack!”

“Oh… okay. Well that can wait.”

“What?”

 

Suddenly, he let go of my foot, but now grabbing hold of my wrist, pulling me down so harshly that I instantly fell to his side on the ground. But he caught me with his other arm. He hugged my side tightly just like he did last night. I sat there awkwardly, still processing how I got into this situation.

 

“Luhan, what are you doing…?” I asked in confusion, looking at him from the side of my face.

Again, he looked just like child who won’t let go of his blanket after missing it in the wash.

“I had a bad dream.” He told me.

I paused and awkwardness faded.

“What was it about?”

“I couldn’t find you… anywhere.”

I paused and he kept on talking.

“I couldn’t hear you, see you, feel you, and I was going nuts.”

He looked away if he was either embarrassed or concerned.

“I didn’t know where you went and I thought I was going to lose my mind. I thought you left me. I thought I lost you.”

“Shhh…” I tried calming him down because it seemed that he was slightly traumatized by that nightmare. I hugged him back tightly.

“I won’t lose me…” I whispered. “I won’t leave you.”

 

I could feel his chest trembling as if he was about to cry, but being the manly deer he is, he sniffled it in.

 

“I love you. You know that, right? I won’t leave you.” I whispered again.

I saw a tear fall to his pants in front of me, but before anymore could fall, he wiped it all away. After a few more seconds of sniffling, he replied.

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

“Now let’s eat breakfast…”

 

 

~

 

Please answer Poll! I need answers~! ^^ Thank you, love~! Saranghaeyooo >.<

 

 

~

 

I AM INCREDIBLY SORRY for such a LOOOONNNGGG wait... I usually update within 5 days and today.... i think is my 5 day mark.

There has just been a lot of English Homework and School stress... Its not usual for me to have this, though... Thank goodness

But I just wanted to let you lovelies know^^

I promise to update the best and maybe more often :DDD

 

Luhan has to be a cheeseball sometimes....

 

That cheeseball concept is actually from a story I read that inspired me. Story as in AFF... Its a very realistic and suspensful story called "Chasing Perfection" involving Leader Suho and OC. I liked it. It was so detailed and had a good moral/plot.

 

Just giving credit.

 

 

More suspense for this story is coming up very very soon! Stay tuned!

 

 

 

New Subscriber:

 

avisdawn

 

Thank you very very much for reading! I hope that you like it! I would appreciate if you comment your opinion as well, or maybe even feels^^ Also upvote if you think that the story deserves it(: Thank you , chingu~!