Chapter 6

To Kill A Vampire

Two Weeks After The Ball

I woke up feeling just as drowsy as I did any other day. I am definetely not a morning person. I dragged myself out of bed almost crushing my game console controller in the process and managed to get to my senses. I was tired, lethargic and craving one thing.

Blood.

Unfortunately.

It was pretty late in the morning but since I don't have a job I don't really have to worry about that. I slipped on my pyjama pants and went to my kitchen. I opened the refrigerator and pushed past all of groceries to get to the dreaded fluid at the back. I grasped the cool glass bottle and brought it to my kitchen counter. I measured 250ml into my glass and unwillingly downed the thick, maroon liquid. I loathe myself.

I wouldn't say I was depressed. 

I would just say.. 
Regretful for my existance. 

I looked out of the window of my apartment. It was getting dark already. Most of the Strigoi were starting to leave their homes to go to work. If you thought vampires live around you, you're mistaken. We have our own.. Alternative universe, I guess you could call it. We have the power to leave and go to the human world temporarily because, obviously, we need human blood. Except vampires have evolved since the 1800's believe it or not. We have certain people who work as 'collectors' as we call them. They spend most of their days creeping around the human world and collecting their blood so that it can be sold. Most vampires feel too 'unsafe' or 'on edge' to go to the human world. And by most vampires, I mean the Strigoi. No way would a Strigoi risk going out in the daylight. Mostly because they are all too stuck up and lazy to do it themselves. Too bad my mom was daring enough to explore the human world and find my dad, and create me.
Unfortunately.

It was about 2 hours later after I had showered and gotten dressed that I decided to go out and get some fresh air. I don't usually leave my house but because of the intense boredom I have built up over my 2 weeks of staying home I decided it was only healthy if I went out for a little bit. Also I needed to stock up on my home supplies. Unfortunately.

I slipped on my coat and shoes, grabbing my wallet on the way and headed out. A soft breeze hit me as I left the building, running through my hair and waking me up a little. I dragged myself to the supermarket which was conveniently close to my home and kept  my head down. 

The chilled aisles sent shivers down my spine as I collected my groceries. The usual supplies.

Milk, bread, pork, tofu, beef, spinach, peppers, kimchi, sugar and salt, red pepper paste, soy sauce, snack foods, lots of water and ofcourse, blood.

I made sure that I had enough of each item to last me a long while and took them to the check out counter. I left the store with my bags and began my journey home. This will probably be the last time I will leave the house until next week or so. I looked at the clock tower in the middle of the town and saw that I had only spent 20 minutes in that store. A measley 20 minutes of human interaction and for the next week the only interaction I will get will probably be from the postman or something disappointing like that.

It's not that I hate everyone. It's that they always end up hating me. So why bother?

I was outside my block and was abount to enter the building when I was suddenly hit with a gush of freezing cold water.

I gasped. Shaken out of my skin and an icy cold liquid dripping down my back. I looked up and saw that on the 8th or 9th floor there were 2 guys laughing and staring out of there window. I couldn't make out who they were, not that I could because I choose not to talk to any of my neighbours so I wouldn't know who they were anyway. But I was infuriated. Do they think this is funny? 

As soon as they saw me staring at them they stopped their histerical laughter and went back inside. I was fuming at this point. I wouldn't usually become this annoyed or angry but this had never happened to me before and I don't care if they think I'm overreacting this has frustrated me to the point where I can't think straight. 

I stormed up to the desk clerk and she looked at me as if she could see the steam radiating off of me.

"Did you see what just happened out there?!" I yelled.

She looked about 20 or so and considering her expression pretty scared of me. 

"Uh, sir. I, uh, I did happen to see what happened and I-"

"Who the heck did this?!" I yelled once more. She looked taken aback.

"Sir, I'm so so sorry but I cannot help you there I just-"

I didn't give her time to finish because I went off to find them myself.

I got into the elevator and went to the 8th floor. I stormed down the corridoor and it didn't take long for me to find them because as soon as I got to 5th apartment I could hear music blasting out loud and people laughing loudly. 

I stormed over to their apartment and banged on the door as loud as I could. I was still soaking wet and I still wasnt in the right state of mind.

One of the boys opened the door and looked at me as if he didn't have a care in the world. He smirked a little and then signalled for his friend to turn the music off.

"Who the heck did this to me?! Do you think this is funny?! I have had it up to about here with you people and I cannot be-"

I stopped when a second boy opened the door a little more revealing himself. He looked me up and down and had an almost apologetic look on his face. That's when it clicked in my mind.

It was Byun Baekhyun.