Chapter 15

To Kill A Vampire

"I am capable of buying my own food you know?" 

Me and Baekhyun had finished our breakfasts at the cafe and I was now buying my groceries at the local supermarket. I insisted that Baekhyun could go home or something but he wouldn't shut up until he could come shopping with me. He was so frustrating. Every single aisle we went down he would pick up a random itemand demand that I bought it. For instance, what he was doing right now.

"You're obviously not capable since you aren't buying these! These are so damn good! I had them once when I went to some girls party and they are ing gorgeous." He nagged.

I tilted my head forward not even bothering to say the word. He know's I hate him swearing. He looked at me for a moment then sighed putting the item back on the shelf. It was like I was his mother or something. 

We walked a little further down the aisle, I was looking for some seasoning. He curiously wondered off somewhere, doing heck knows what. And to no suprise, he came back with something different.

"Can we get this then?" He asked. 

I was crouched on the floor looking around the bottom shelf. He had come and sat next to me with his legs crossed holding a bag of flour. 

"I don't need it." I said bluntly. 

"But what about when we wanna bake a cake?" 

"When are we ever gonna bake a cake?" I laughed.

"Today, tomorrow, next week. Whenever we want! Because I don't have to work and you... Wait, what do you work as?" He asked. He made me mentally tired.

"My father's business is still running, so I inherit the income from that." I sighed finding the seasoning I needed and placing it in my basket. I stood up from the ground, as did Baekhyun. As soon as we turned around we found some familiar faces coming towards us. 

Those idiots that jumped me before. Oh yes, not forgetting how they bashed my head in and stole my clothes. Mustn't forget that.

They looked up from their groups and caught sight of us. They looked pissed at both me and Baekhyun. They started running quickly towards us. My palms started to sweat and my pulse started racing.

"Run." Baekhyun said. Before I even had time to react he had grabbed my hand and we was running out of the store. I heard security shouting at us and running after us too. It was only when we ran out of the doors I realised I still had my groceries. I had just stole! Me?! Stealing?! 

Nevertheless, Baekhyun still held onto my hand tightly and we was now running through the streets. We turned and looked behind us. It looked as if they didn't know where we went, but we still kept up our pace. People were looking at us like we were nuts.

Baekhyun made a sharp turn and dragged us down a very small alleyway. I almost tripped and fell but at the speed we was going I would've basically flown. He took us behind a large dumpster and we both peeked out from the sides.

"I can't believe you made me steal! I'll never be able to shop there-" 

"Shh." I was whispering anyway so he had no need to shush me. That pushed aside we heard heavy footsteps running towards the alleyway. When they came into sight they all stopped and stood still.

"We gotta find them. I'm gonna kill that little brat. He s us and he's gotta pay for it." One of the tallest boys huffed.

"That ing snobby Strigoi. They are all pricks, you can't trust any of them. The bastards." Another boy piped up.

"Ugh... C'mon let's keep searching, they have to be around here somewhere." 

And with that they all ran down the road again, thankfully away from where we were hiding. I physically felt the tension drop as we heard them leave. I let out a large sigh and let the worry take over me as I stood up.

"Ugh! I can't believe this! We need to go back!" I was just about to storm off when Baekhyun grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. What was he doing?! He smelt so good. He smelt like a batch of fresh cookies and a slight hint of strawberries. What was I doing?! He just grabbed me out of no where and yet here I am smelling him. I'm so weird.

"Okay. He's gone." Baekhyun breathed.

He slowly let go of me and I almost stumbled back.

"What happened? What did you do that for?" I asked.

"The shop security guard. He was still running about looking for us." Baekhyun said casually. He started walking off down the alleyway, while I was still standing there in complete confusion. I wasn't confused because of him grabbing me, I already knew why he did that. I was confused as to why I felt to comfortable wrapped up in his arms.

"Coming?" 

"Huh what?" 

He was stood still looking back at me. I scurried over to him as we walked back out of the alleyway. Baekhyun looked down the street making sure that no one was around, when he was sure it was safe we walked on.

"Where am I gonna shop now?! That's where I always shop! Now I need to change it, and I despise change so much." I ranted dragging along the stolen groceries. 

"You need to stop worrying so much. You're a Dhamphir, I thought you guys had it easy." 

"What? No one in this world has it easy unless you're a Strigoi, you get everything handed to you on a plate." I sighed.

"Easy tiger. Strigoi over here." He snickered. "And that's the worst part. We do get most things handed to us, so there's no adventure in our lives. I wasn't allowed to tie my own shoelaces until the age of 13. And that's only when I begged." He added.

"13?!" I said in awe.

"13. And that's not the worst of it. I never got to dress myself until I was 6. I wasn't allowed to leave the palace by myself until I was 15, not that it stopped me. And I only ever got to visit the human world once as a kid. I mean what the heck is that all about." He scoffed.

"Well, I've never been to the human world." I admitted.

"What?! Are you crazy?! I'm taking you there one day no matter what. Didn't your parents ever..."

I looked down at my shoes. No one had mentioned them in a long time.

"Oh, right... Hey, dude... I'm sorry... I- I mean-"

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. Anyone could have made that mistake." I shrugged it off with a light smile. I didn't want him to feel bad about it, honest. But I do kind of wish he hadn't of said that. I had managed to block it out for ages, but lately it seems to be seeping back into my memory.

"Okay... Sure..." He sighed awkwardly.

We walked back to my apartment building in silence. Unfortunately, an awkward one. We got to the front of the building and I turned to tell him goodbye. When I did, he looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're not going back to the palace?" 

"Psh! Hell no. I wanna stay with you... You know, um, to hang out." He admitted timidly.

It made me smile. It really did. He was always so confident and seeing him go shy like that, even for a split second gave me butterflies. I guess he wasn't the bad guy I thought he was. 

"Wow... There it is." He smirked.

"Uh? What?" I asked.

"Your smile. It's like the first time I've seen it, like a genuine one." He explained.

"What do you mean? I always smile." I defended myself.

"Yeah! Sure! You old grumpy guts!" He laughed.

There it was again, my smile. It was true, I didn't smile often. Yet here he was doing the most simplest of things and making it appear like magic. I sighed in content. He really is a charmer ain't he?

"So... Wanna go bake that cake?" He said. He pulled out a small bag of flour from inside his hoodie.

My eyes widened. Was he serious?! He was gonna steal anyway?! I looked at him in disbelief. He looked at me like an innocent child. How dare he.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself." He said.

I shook my head. I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was turning me into a cold blooded criminal,

And I freaking loved it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. I just havent really been up to the task. But i promise I really do like writing this story, i think its the best one I've done so far. Thanks for all the people that subscribed it makes me so so SO happy❤️ Please remember to upvote and share this story with your friends or anyone you like ^^ ilyasfm💕
Have a great day, byee!~