Chapter 19

To Kill A Vampire

Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me down to lay on the bed. I fell flat on my face, thankfully onto the soft pillow. I pulled myself up and turned over so I was laying on my back and in a comfy position.

"I wanna ask... How the heck did you do that whole... Mind power... Thing? You literally made them fall back in thin air."

He furrowed his eyebrows and laid back on the bed. I wasn't sure if it was my terrible explanation or he was thnking deeply about his answer. He rolled over onto his side again and looked at me.

"How long did you stay in education?"

"I dropped out about halfway through middle school. I can't remember a thing though and I barely ever went."

"Didn't they teach you anything about your... Personality... Or something?"

I shook my head. I didn't have a clue what he was on about. It was the truth. I think the only reason I ever went to school was because I got to escape my dull home life at my aunts. My aunt took me in when my parents passed and I never really got alot of life. I never ever left the house, majority of the time I was just reading or playing with whatever I had at home.

"Okay, then I guess I have to teach you a little thing about us vampires. Do you remember Yoon-A? How she did that thing where she read your mind? That's her... thing. You see we each have this kind of power that reflects our personality. For example, Yoon-A likes to gossip. Like, alot. She told me that she was one of the popular girls in school and she always wanted to know all the drama that was going on. That's why she can read your mind, so that she can know what your true opinion is."

"So... Your power is strength?" I asked.

He looked down and thought for a second.

"Well, I guess you could call it that."

I nodded in understanding. That was actually pretty cool.

"Wait... So what's my power?"

"Hm... Maybe your power hasn't kicked in yet..." He shrugged. I nodded, feeling slightly  disappointed. But then again, it was me we was talking about. I was always so plain and boring. Then I remembered.

"Wait... If your power is strength... Then how did you get inside my head that one day."

"Inside your head?" 

"Yeah... That day when you came to my house complaining about that suitor? It's like I was hypnotized to believe that you was actually... Flirting... With me." I almost choked out in embarrasment.

He smirked and began snickering. That smug little knew what I was talking about, he just wanted me to say didn't he? Ugh...

"Yeah... I did do that. But you enjoyed it didn't you?" He said with a wink.

My cheeks burned as I slapped his arm. He just started laughing with no shame at all. I couldn't believe him.

"It doesn't matter, but just tell me what your real power is because it can't be just strength can it?" I asked trying to brush off that particular moment.

"I guess you could say its... Miscellaneous." He sighed. He seemed just as confused as I did.

"Miscellaneous?"

"Yeah... Some people have called it strength... Some people call it protection... I don't really... Understand." He mumbled. He seemed to be getting a little aggitated with the question. He groaned and sat up resting his head in his hands.

"You don't understand?"

"I'm antithetical okay!" He gritted his teeth. What the heck did that even mean? He had an unknown power? He seemed pretty ashamed of it for some reason.

"No one can... No one can quite put their finger on what my strength is. For the last 3 years of my life the experts have been trying to figure out what it is but they can't name it. They told me that hadn't seen anything like it before. They've seen alot of weird stuff but they said my power was the one they are the most confused about." In that moment, he seemed so emotional. He seemed like a young child who had been bullied or picked on for being an outcast. He didn't look into my eyes once and it was obvious that he was not confident talking about it.

"They went through my whole family tree looking for the gene that could hold the answer to my... Condition. They told me that I inherited mind-control from my Great Grandfather, Clairvoyant from my Aunt, Telekinesis from my Mother, strength from my Father and aparently the list goes on. Sometimes I can't control it. Sometimes my powers just unleash out of nowhere. I didn't mean to hurt them that much that day. I didn't want to because I knew... I knew it would upset you." He seemed to be getting distressed. I put my hand on his shoulder and lightly pushed him back down onto the bed.

He looked me in the eyes and took in a deep breath. I didn't know what to say or do to make him feel a little more comfortable.

"... I think antithetical sounds like a cool name." 

He looked at me for a second. And then he started to smile. And as he did, so did I. He really was a cute little on the inside.

"You really think so?" 

"Yeah. I mean, my power doesn't even have a name and we don't even know if it exists! Your power is unique... No one else has it... Your power is the best in my opinion." I was flattering him, alot. But it was the truth. He really did have the best power in my opinion. It reminded me of him in a way. His powers were unpredictable, but they made so much sense to me and me only.

"You're so..." He smirked, yet he did not continue.

"I'm so what?" I asked curiously.

"You're so good to me."

"Good to you?" 

"You're the first person to actually appreciate my power... And... Nevermind."

"And what?" 

"No, sorry. It doesn't matter. I'm tired, let's talk in the morning." He rolled over to try and turn the lamp off, but I grabbed his shoulders and pinned him down. We seemed to be in an awkward position which made me quickly jump off him in embarrasment.

"Wow Chan, I didn't expect you to like it rough." I heard him snicker. 

I gasped. I grabbed the pillow and slapped him with it, alot.

"Ow! Ow! Stop it! It was a joke!" He laughed holding his arms infront of his face.

"Ugh... Don't say stuff like that! Where am I gonna sleep?" I asked putting the pillow back down.

"Right here."

My eyes widened, was he serious?

"C'mon, don't act like you don't wanna wake up next to me." He winked.

I scoffed not being bothered to fight him. So, this was his new way to annoy me. Flirting.

I reluctantly got under the covers and thankfully the bed was big enough to probably fit about another 3 people inbetween me and Baekhyun. I layed back onto the pillow and I knew that it was going to be the most comfortable sleep of my life. 

I heard Baekhyun turn over and switch the lamp off. And a few seconds later I heard him whisper to himself,

"You're the first person to love me."