Chapter 21

To Kill A Vampire

"That one look's good on you. Okay, that's final. We'll buy this one." Baekhyun smiled at the shopworker. 

He insisted on buying me a suit for the dinner tonight since I didn't own one myself. He had taken me to the most expensive store in town and I felt so awkward. The shopping assistant had given me about 13 suits to try on and Baekhyun was acting like some kind of fashion designer, deciding which one was the best and which ones were ugly. I had no idea what the difference was. I had caught on that Baekhyun was very into clothing and make-up. He really did have an eye for detail. He sounds so sophisticated when he talks about something he is passionate about. I didn't even know that he would use words like 'alluring' and 'circumstantial' in a sentence, and that's because he never usually did. But as soon as fashion was involved, he was on the ball.

He had picked out a simple black suit with a dark burgundy shirt. The blazer fitted tightly around my waist and the cuffs were buttoned up tight. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this suit and the billion others that we tried on, but obviously Baekhyun could. 

"Keep the suit on, We have to be there in an hour. You're gonna look fabulous, thank's to me." He snickered standing up from the leather chair he was sat back in. He had the hood on his jacket over his head trying to cover up his identity. He looked like a pauper, and the store owners obviously thought the same, judging by the weird looks they had given us. 

I smiled awkwardly and walked into the small changing cubical to gather up my clothing from before. I had calmed down a bit from discovering that Baekhyun had feelings from me. I turned around and saw Baekhyun standing at the cubicle door. "You're gonna have to wear a gold pin tonight by the way, if that's okay with you?" He said. I nodded and smiled. "You know, I should've told you to get changed. Then I would've gotten to see that cute of yours." He winked. I scoffed and slapped his arm. He laughed and walked off rubbing his arm in pain. I hope I did hurt him, that smug little brat.

He was so innappropriate, but he was cheeky. Like, cheeky in a cute way. I could feel myself developing an unwanted passion for him. But I wouldn't give in that easy. I had been thinking, while I was changing in and out of 13 suit's I had alot of time to think about this whole situation. I thought about the time I asked him about the suitor, back when he was kissing up to old friends and we went out that one day to the mall. When I asked him about his ideal girl and he kept on stuttering and saying that he hadn't quite found an ideal type. How did I not realise that he was gay? But then I thought, he might not be gay. He could swing both ways. Which kind of made me disappointed. I guess I got hooked on the idea that he liked me. But how could I be sure that he liked girls too and was actually planning to find the perfect girl whilst I could just be a small fling. I mean, He was the freaking prince. And a good-looking one at that. So if we ever did go out, it would be easy enough for him to get bored of me and find someone else. That wouldn't even be the worst of our problems if we ever got together. I wouldn't be accepted by his family. Ever. There would be an uproar. How long can someone keep a relationship secret? The royal family has never had a Dhamphir in their blood. Well, that I know of. And it's even worse that we would be a gay couple. Baekhyun would be kicked out of the palace, he would be disowned. We almost got caught this morning just for being friends. How could we ever hide a faithful relationship?

"C'mon Channie, what's taking you so long?" I heard Baekhyun say. I snapped out of my daze and finally walked out of the changing rooms. Channie? His nicknames for me were becoming a continuing habit of his. I walked over to Baekhyun who was waiting at the checkout, I stood next to him and watched him take out his wallet.

"Listen, I'm gonna pay you for this tomorrow okay? Come by my house and I'll give you the-"

"Shh." He placed his index finger over my lips. "I'm paying. Think of it as a very late apology gift for all those times I was an to you. I've been thinking about that lately, I'm sorry I never got to see how amazing you were sooner. I'm sorry." He mumbled. He was really opening up. And honestly, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. He looked so innocent and caring in that single moment. He sounded so genuine. It was obvious there was something between us. And now I realise that I wouldn't mind having this kind side of Baekhyun being my boyfriend. 

My boyfriend? Wow. I need to slow myself down.

He took his finger off and opened up his wallet. He obviously had to pay with cash since all his credit cards had his name on. He didn't carry around that much cash. Well, he couldn't be too obvious could he?

"Thank you sir. Please come by to shop again and have a nice day sir." The woman at the till smiled. Baekhyun smiled back and took ahold of my wrist taking me out of the shop.

"You know, you didn't have to drag me out of the shop." I laughed as we made our way to the palace. He was so forceful, and I think it was all subconciously to be honest.

"Oh... Sorry. I guess I just... Don't want you to get hurt or lost or anything... I don't know." He was mumbling and I almost couldn't make out what he said. He was acting like a shy teenager would around their crush. Well, I guess that almost is the situation. He is only 21 ofcourse. That reminded me. He's older than me, but he is so much shorter than me. I guess I finally though of something to poke fun at him with. And that's exactly what I did.

"Hey. Remember when we were kids and you got all upset because I was taller than you?" I snickered. He looked at me with a deathly glare.

"Ugh, I hoped you would forget that. God, Don't you dare start using that against me!" He complained.

"Too late! I'm gonna get you back for all the times you embarrass me with your flirting!" I poked my tongue out at him.

The rest of the journey continued with me making short jokes and him making inappropriate ual jokes. What a mix. We finally got to the walls of the palace and that's when Baekhyun stopped me as he peeked around the corner of the walls.

", the security guards are on duty. I thought they would be on their break by now! Okay... Keep your head down and just don't look at them." He sighed. That made me feel uneasy. We could get caught. This was dangerous! I could get Baekhyun in serious trouble and get myself completely banned from anywhere near the palace! But we had to take the chance.

We walked down the path up to the large front door. The guards were well built and could probably knock someone dead with one punch. I looked down and completely diverted my eyes from them.

"Good Evening Baekhyun. Who do you wish to have enter along with you?" One of the males asked. They sounded so intimidating. I was petrified. I dared to look up at one of them. Their fang's were huge! I felt sorry for any human that had to encounter them!

"He's a friend. The Queen told me that I could bring along an aquintance to the gathering tonight."

"What is this young man's identity?" The other asked. I slyly looked up. He was just as tall and scary. My hands were shaking. They could kill me! Literally!

"Uh... This is Park Mi-So... The young Prince of the South East..." Baekhyun said. God, I hope they believe his terrible lies.

"Well, I have never heard of-"

"He's a goddamn prince okay! Now let me into my own house or I won't think twice about getting you two fired!" He shouted. He almost frightened me! 

"I'm sorry your highness. Come on through." They backed down. I couldn't believe that actually worked! Baekhyun had alot of authority. It was almost intimidating.

We stepped inside the palace and immediately we ran up the stairs and through the coridoors to his room. He locked the door behind us as we sighed catching our breath.

"Well, that went better than expected!" I chuckled. Baekhyun nodded as he sat down on his bed.

"I know, I didn't think it would until I threatened them. I had them wrapped right around my finger. Aren't I just amazing! I'm so powerful! What am I doing with a peasant like you?" He snickered. I thoughthe was being serious. I glared at him sending him mental daggers until he burst out laughing.

"Your face! You actually thought I was serious!" He laughed. I shook my head and sat down next to him on the bed. He was so stupid sometimes.

"So, you excited for tonight? You might finally meet the perfect suitor." I said, but ofcourse I knew the truth.

"I don't want a suitor. They are all so... Ugh... I don't know..." He paused. He looked at me and took a deep breath in. I didn't know what he was thinking, but I think I had a good idea what he wanted to say next.

"Chan... There's something I've been meaning to tell you... It's just... There hasn't been the right time and I could get in so much for telling anyone this... But I really trust you and..."

"You guy's made out alive! Thank God! Wow, Chanyeol! You look amazing!" Yoon-A beamed as she walked through the door. She already started buzzing around the room and picking up Baekhyuns thing's. Ugh, he was just about to tell me! 

"Yoon-A... I was just about to tell-" 

"The guests are going to start showing up in about 30 minutes so Baekhyun you need to start getting dressed. Me and Sooyoung have already picked out your outfit and it is ready and waiting for you right here." She smiled pointing to the suit which was placed on a black hanger on top of the wardrobe door. "I advise you to wear this scent and have your hairstyled the same way you had it last time. You know, when your bangs were swooping off your face? It looked so good and-"

"Okay! Okay Yoon-A! I'll start getting dressed right now, but you need to leave the room thank's as I do not want to get distracted thank you very much." Baekhyun stood up and placed his hands on her shoulders directing her out of the room. She tried to carry on her ramblings, but unfortunately she was cut off by Baekhyun slamming the door on her face.

"That was rude." I said to him. He sighed and sat down next to me. This was becomign tedious, especially since I knew what he wanted to say.

"Okay... What I was trying to tell you... Was that... Basically... I don't 
Iike... Girls... I mean, girls are cool... And they are really nice and... I mean I don't mean I hate girls as in a childish way, like cooties or something... Ugh... I mean..."

"You mean you are gay and feel like you are developing a little crush for someone and that someone just happens to be moi." I smirked. I was becoming confident in myself, and honestly it felt great. Baekhyun paused. He immediately started to blush and he looked so damn cute.

"Um... Right... Yes... To put it bluntly... But, how did you kn-"

"I overheard you and the maid's this morning while I was changing." 

"Oh... Right... Well... Now it's out in the open..." 

"Yes, I would like to date you. And no, I don't think you're a freak." I smiled. He looked up, remembering what he had said this morning.

"So... You're okay with us? Like, being together?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled and honestly looked over joyed. So, I guess this was it. We were together. He was my boyfriend. My first boyfriend.

Well, that all escalated quickly.