Chapter 11

To Kill A Vampire

"And who is this young man?" 

She looked at me sternly. , had I just gotten Baekhyun caught?

She was dressed in a maids outfit and she was pretty young. If I was straight I would've  wanted her as a maid. She had brown, long and wavy hair that reached just below her shoulders. She had a kind face, it was almost motherly. Her skin was flawless and she was ever so slender. Her eyes were filled with optimism despite their dangerous red tint. 

"Um, this is my friend. The one I was about to explain." Baekhyun piped up. He was standing next to her with his hands clasped together infront of him.

"Ah, the Dhamphir boy you slipped up about last week?" Her lips curved at the side and she gave Baekhyun a knowing look. Had he been talking about me?

He shuffled in his place uncomfortably and his cheeks blushed a pale shade of pink. 

"And uh, this is my personal maid, Im Yoon-A." He brushed off the subject. 

She turned and smiled at me. She held out her hand and slightly bowed in respect.

I shakily took hold of her hand and shook it gently, bowing in return. She was so polite. This is the first time a Strigoi has ever been so nice and accepting of me, excluding Baekhyun.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me hun." She giggled almost as if she knew what I was thinking. She bent down and took her hand to her eye. She lifted her head and I could see her now with only one red eye. 

"I really needed a job." She sighed.

She leant her head over again and rose with two red eyes again.

That made me wonder. How many Strigoi's were there that are actually... Dhamphir?

"Oh, there are alot of us darling, almost every maid in this palace alone wears a gold chain with a heart of silver." She chuckled. She did it again? Is she some kind of mind reader? What the heck?

"I'm a vampire woman. You should know that we have a sixth sense." She rolled her eyes.

I was still so confused. Could they all do that? I've never heard of that before. 

"You don't get out much do you?" She smirked crossing her arms. 

I shook my head slowly. Her intelligence was making me feel a little uneasy and I wasn't completely sure what the heck was going on. I had never heard of Vampire women being able to do these things. But then again I haven't spoken to any more than 2 women in my lifetime. My mom, and probably some random cashier lady.

"Well, either way, we have to get you out of this house. Luckily, this isnt the first time Baekhyun has had a secret friend over and I have had to sneak almost all of them out by myself." She said rolling her eyes sarcastically at Baekhyun.

Strangely, a dash of jealousy spread across me. How many friends were here before me? Am I just another problem? 

"C'mon, let's get you out of here before your mother get's suspicious of we are. She's looking for you Baek, something about a beautiful young girl who just finished her degree in blood elicitation." She snicked whilst gently holding my hand and taking me to the door.

"Ugh, I don't want to hear about it. If I have to put up with another girl bragging about how many humans she has the blood from I will die." He groaned slumping onto his bed. 

Just as we were about to open the door, Baekhyun stood up and gently gripped my hand. He cleared his throat and leant close to me, I could feel his warm breath against the side of my neck. My heart unvoluntarily skipped a beat.

"I'll meet with you later. I wanna talk to you about some stuff." He whispered gently in my ear. He pulled back and nodded his head in consent for us to leave. The way he spoke those words sent a shiver down my spine. What is this man doing to me?

Yoon-A smiled at him and started taking me quietly down the hall. The wallpaper was dark red with a black and gold pattern printed on them, obviously the 3 favourite colours of this household. The floor was a black marble and unfortunately made us just that little bit more noticeable because of Yoon-A's heels clicking against them. We turned a corner and was faced with the golden banister stair case that led straight to the reception area with my exit out of here.

She peeked over the banister and made sure the coast was clear. She gestured for me to swiftly follow her down the stairs. We made it to the end when we was suddenly startled by an older woman.

"Yoon-A, who is this young man and what is he doing in my house?!" A shrill voice called. The fast clicking of heels were coming closer and closer behind us. Yoon-A's nose scrunched up in annoyance but quickly switched to a smile as she turned to face the unknown woman. 

"Your highness, it's simply a young man who is promoting his business. He's a jeweller, he makes the finest in the city-"

"Well, I'm not interested. I'm a very busy woman and I cannot be dawdling about with some middle class man who feels the need to intrude in my home simply to sell some jewellery." She scoffed.

She must be the Queen. Baekhyun's mother. Judging by her extravagent golden earrings and chains around her neck. She wore extremely high heels that were a black patent colour. A sangria coloured, tight dress and her hair was jet black with prominent curls in them. Despite her hidden wrinkles, she was a very well presented woman. Even if she was a rude .

"I told you to find Baekhyun and have him dressed in his best tuxedo ready to meet Miss Kim Taeyeon. Oh, she is a marvelous girl. Just hopefully Baekhyun doesn't scare another one away with his obnoxious rants on how strange life is." She sighed tiredly at the end.

"Yes, your majesty, I have notified the young prince on this event and he shall be ready soon." She bowed politely.

"Well, hurry up and tell this boy to leave. I can't have him ruining our reputation!" She turned her nose up and walked away, flipping her long hair in our faces.

"Yes your majesty!" Yoon-A obliged. 

As soon as the Queen left the room, Yoon-A sighed and rolled her eyes. 

"C'mon you, let's get you out of this hell hole." She smirked and opened the large oak door.

"Thank you, for saving me back there. I wouldn't have known what to say." I smiled as I stepped out the door.

"Don't worry about it love! I gotta get going! but remember, Baekhyun will be seeing you tonight." She giggled and winked slightly. What was she intending? He's just a friend.

"Okay, well have a nice day Yoon-A. It was nice meeting you."

"You too. Bye!" She smiled.

"Bye!"

She shut the door with a final smile to me. I turned around to the dark sky and dimly lit path infront of me. I took a deep breath and walked forward. God knows how I was finding my way home. 


I took alot of stuff away with me today. Like what Yoona had said before.. "Wearing a gold chain with the heart of silver." I found it to be very intruiging. For some reason. Despite his moves in the past, I respected him for the help he gave me today. Those guys were horrible. He went against his friends for me. I respected that. 

A chilly breeze brushed against my skin. I couldn't wait to see Baekhyun tonight.