Chapter 26

To Kill A Vampire

"Ugh! This game is getting on my nerves! Where the heck did that little come from?!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

We had spent the whole day in my house reading books, watching dvds and playing video games. Baekhyun told me that he had never done any of these things until he was 18 and started hanging out with Dhamphirs. He said that his parent's always said video games and movies were 'human acts'. He asked for me to show him what my life was like, seeing as I got to experience alot of his life. Right now we was playing BloodBorne. And he was obviously pissed off that he couldn't defeat this one level.

"Calm down! It's just a game." I chuckled.

"No! No! That piece of crap just appeared out of nowhere and pushed me off the cliff that's bull! I'm not playing this anymore!" He yelled throwing the controller onto the sofa. We had built a fort in the middle of the living room which consisted of blankets on the floor, pillows around the sides, chairs to hold up more blankets which were supposed to be the walls and fairy lights to illuminate it. 

"That game is crap. Let's make out." Baekhyun said bluntly as he sat down in the fort. He didn't even give me a chance to reply before he grab my face pulled his face to mine. He fell onto his back bringing me down with him. Our lips never parted once. We were lost in the kiss for maybe 10 minutes, just letting our lips get lost with each others.

All was relaxing and passionate until Baekhyun broke the kiss and asked, "Can I stay here tonight?" 

I pulled myself back up and thought about his question. I would've loved him to stay. But what would he tell his parents?

"If you don't mind..." He added on.

"Ofcourse you can stay. But what's your excuse?" I asked.

"... They won't notice I'm gone..." He mumbled.

"Why not? Surely, the King and Queen will notice the freaking Prince is missing." I chuckled.

"... They won't notice... They didn't even notice me leave this morning..." He almost choked out. He seemed really timid and scared almost. What had happened?

"Baek, is everything alright?" 

"No..."

"...What happened?"

"... My parent's were fighting again..." He mumbled. I didn't know what to say. My parent's were always so happy. They never fought, from what I could remember. 

"... They didn't even care when I told them I was going out in broad daylight..." He said bring his knees up to his chest and wrapping his hands around his calves.

"Baek... You didn't actually go out in the sun did you?" I asked with concern. He couldn't have. It was a suicide mission. He would've died.

"... I tried to..." He almost whispered, "But... Yoon-A stopped me..." He burried his head  into his knees. Was he serious?!

"Baekhyun! You could've died! How do you think I would've felt! I've already lost my parent's I don't wanna lose my boyfriend too! How foolish are you?!"

"Don't get mad at me! I was pissed off! So what if I wanted to go out in sunlight?! No one would've cared anyway! The world would've carried on spinning and you would've carried on living your life and my parent's would still be fighting and- and-" He tried to carry on, but his breathing was hitching and he had tears streaming from his eyes. He was almost choking on his breath because he was crying so hard.

"Baekhyun, stop crying. I didn't want to get mad at-"

"No! Stop! Just stop! You don't know what it's like to have parent's who don't care about you! You don't know what it's like to be different from everybody else! You don't know what it's like to be screwed up like me! You don't know what it's like to be stereotyped as some kind of rich who spends all his time safe in a golden palace! It's not ing fair! I hate my family! I hate my life! And most of all I hate myself!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. It was scary to see him so emotional. I didn't know what to say. I decided he needed his time. I didn't say anything for a solid 10 minutes. The only noise that filled the room was the loud sobs coming from Baekhyun. 

Then it hit me. 

"Baekhyun..." I said.

"I don't care..." He mumbled.

"You're crying..." 

He let out one final sob before he abruptly stopped. Like a sudden realisation had come over him.

He lifted his head. He looked like a mess. His hands shakily reached up to his face as his fingers wiped the space under his eyes. He brought his fingertips back to sight as he looked at the tears.

"I... I..." His breathing was still shaky and uneven. I saw a slight smile creep onto his face.

"I... I can... I have... Emotions?..." 

I couldn't help but let out a laugh. He seriously hadn't cried before had he? I felt myself starting to smile at him. It felt like he had achieved something. Which was almost tragic in a way. The first time he cried and it, unfortunately, wasn't happy tears.

"I can cry! Well... Atleast, I'm a little ordinary... I've never been able to cry infront of anyone..." He smiled. "I have only been able to cry... Because I'm with you..." He looked up at me.

"Well don't say it like that. It sounds like I make you cry or something." I laughed trying to lighten the mood. He chuckled a little and then started to explain stuff again.

"No, seriously. I have never been so comfortable around anyone before. Me being with you has allowed me to be myself. I've always been expected to be a 'man'. To be 'strong'. You are the only person who has ever made me feel so happy and free and young and... I just love you so much." He sighed in content.

"... You love me?" That was the first time anyone other than my parent's had said that to me. He really loved me? This was so crazy.

"... Yeah... Ofcourse I love you..." He grinned. I wanted to cry I was so happy. But this night had been full of enough tears. 

"... I love you too..." 

We both sat there. As happy as could be. This was it. This was the end of my old self. The end of my pessimistic outlook, the end of my loneliness. The end of 'Just Chanyeol'. This was the start of Park Chanyeol. 

We ended up making out again. We made out alot that night. Then we just ended up sleeping together. We didn't have . We slept together, taking the figure of speech in it's most innocent form. We just laid together. In each others arms. 
Warm and loved.