Chapter 13

To Kill A Vampire

"Oh my gosh! Yes! Ofcourse I would! I've wanted to marry you since the day you first kissed me!"

I swung my arms around Baekhyun's neck and kissed him deeply. His arms wrapped tightly around my back as I could feel him smiling against my lips. I pulled away from the kiss and rested my forehead on his. His eyes were filled with joy and neither me or him could stop smiling.

"I love you. Oh god, I love you so, so much." He grinned still holding me as tightly as he could.

I slipped on the golden ring he had handed me. It fit perfectly. This was the best day of my whole life.

"Do you usually sleep in this late?" Baekhyun asked.

I loosened my grip around his neck.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Wake up, ya! Wake up. I'm bored." Baekhyun started grabbing my shoulders and shaking me violently.

My eyes opened drearily. I was no longer on a beach with Baekhyun proposing to me. Instead I was curled up in my bed sheets with Baekhyun waking me up. Wait, what?

"What the hell!" I shot up. My heart lept out of my chest and into my throat. I spun around to Baekhyun who was knealt on the floor staring at me.

"How did you get into my house?!" I asked angrily. 

"I opened the door." He shrugged. Had I left it open over-night? Surely not, I was always terrified of something or someone getting in so there is absolutely no way. I was doubting myself, I was so confused.

"C'mon. Let's go get breakfast." Baekhyun said getting up and dusting himself off. He had some nerve. First, he just waltzes into my house, wakes me from my slumber and then demands we go out for breakfast? He is a weird man.

Speaking of weird I still hadn't figured out what happened last night. When he did that whole seductive thing and then acted as if it never even happened. Baekhyun had already walked out of my room and into the living room. I stood up from the bed and stretched out. I ruffled my hair and slipped on my robe shuffling out of the room. I looked to my right and saw that my front door had actually been kicked open. How did I know? The padlock was in bits, smashed across the floor. 

"So, you didn't open the door?" I said walking into the living room and standing next to wear Baekhyun was sitting on the sofa.

"Well I kind of did. I just decided to open it by kicking it." He said casually.

I rolled my eyes. What a cheek. I sighed and walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked turning his head.

"I'm making breakfast." 

"No you're not. We're going out remember." He said.

"I'm not comfortable with that. I've never done it before and I don't feel like leaving the house this early."

"It's basically the afternoon, Chanyeol." He snickered sarcastically. 

"I don't care. I hate leaving my comfort zone and most of all I hate socialising."

"Who says you have to socialise when you have me to talk to." Baekhyun said behind me.

I jumped out of my skin. When the heck did he get there and why does he keep doing that! 

I sighed mentally and started contemplating my decisions.

"Ugh fine, I need to get groceries anyway." I groaned.

"Okay, cool. Hurry up and get dressed I'm hungry as ."

"Language!"

He glared at me but smirked afterwards. He kept doing that, everytime I did something like tell him off or correct him. It was almost as if he was mocking me mentally. Not that it bothered me, he needed to learn some manners.

"Okay. Go wait outside or lay on the sofa or something while I get ready." I said walking off in the direction of the bathroom.

"Why would I wait here when I can help you out of those clothes." He winked leaning against the island countertop.

I turned around and looked at him like he was crazy. He snickered walking off to the living room and made himself at home on the sofa. I shook my head in disbelief of how idiotic he was sometimes. Although I was tempted by his statement. 

That reminded me of my dream. What the heck was that about? It was so weird yet I felt really comfortable. What was my mind doing? The boy aggitates the out of me and besides I have no loving emotions for him. I shrugged off the weird dream and got undressed from my plaid bottoms and white vest. I stepped into the warm shower and spent maybe 10 or 15 minutes washing myself thoroughly. I got changed into dark blue skinny jeans and a black flannel shirt. I ran my fingers through my damp hair trying to get it to co-operate and best as it could and quickly brushed my teeth.

I almost had a heart attack when I opened the door and found Baekhyun standing there with my coat and wallet.

"Ugh, stop doing that!" I huffed.

"You look good with your hair like that." He smirked handing me my things.

I cocked my eyebrow in annoyance. Did he seriously have to be so silly and flirtatious all the time. 

I walked over to the windows in the kitchen and made sure they were locked shut. I walked over to the door and picked up the remains of my padlock.

"Great, now my house will be broken into." I said sarcastically.

"Ugh don't worry about it! You're so neurotic." He said.

I glared at him as we left the house. I was only leaving because of him, he should be grateful. We walked down the many flights of stairs and out into the dark streets. We walked in a comfortable silence to a nearby cafe that I had never had the guts to venture into, despite the delicious aromas that always difted from it as I would walk by.

We stepped inside and it was filled with many different scents, conversations and people. It was all so new and intimidating to me. I felt like they were all watching me as I followed Baekhyun to his chosen table. He was so confident, and I envied him for it. 

We sat on opposite sides of a table in the far back of the cafe. Baekhyun had already picked up his menu and was deciding what to eat. I felt awkward. Really awkward. Simply looking at the waitresses holding the trays of food made me feel a sense of embarrasment. I hated eating in public. I felt like people were staring at me and thinking bad things about me. Don't ask why, because I couldn't give you an answer.

"Hello there, may I take your order?" A slender, pale woman piped up next to us. She had a grin on her face that spread from ear to ear. Her canines were not as sharp as the very few male canines I had seen. Maybe that was another trait female vampires had. 

"Uh, excuse me... Sir?" 

I snapped out of my daze and looked at her.

"Um, yes... Uh, sorry... I- uh- I mean- yes,  uh-"

"I'll have the crimson cakes with a side order of clotted cream and a marroon mocha. He'll have a regular coffee and an omelette with french toast." Baekhyun said not once daring to lift his head. 

"Okay, thank you. Your order should be with you quickly." She smiled walking off.

Baekhyun lifted his head out of his hoodie slightly so I could see his expression mocking me. He was snickering at me and my epic fail of socialisation back there.

"Real smooth Channie." He giggled.

 I managed to break a smile and glared at him playfully. I kicked his leg lightly under the table.

"Ouch... That hurt." He laughed. 

He was cute.

That's right I admitted it. He was cute. There was no denying it. I didn't have feelings for him or anything. But he had an aura about him that I enjoyed being around very much.

I guess I'm kind of glad I can get to see the non- side of him more often. I just hope it will last because I'm not sure if I would give him any more chances at getting this close to me if he was to make the wrong move.

-------------------------------

Hey there! 
I will be updating tomorrow and the next chapter will pick up from where this one leaves off. I was going to add the next chapter to this one but then it would be a billion words long and I don't want to bore you. Also I made an announcement on my blog post so check it out if you can! I wanna thank you all for the comments and subscriptions guys I really appreciate it like you don't understand how happy it makes me I literally start smiling. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the story so far!

Peaceskies!🌸