Chapter 20

To Kill A Vampire

My eyelashes slowly fluttered open. My muscles felt refreshed, I don't think I've ever had such a comfortable sleep. I groaned slipping my arms out of the thick bed cover and stretching them out widely. I turned over, not wanting to escape my slumber. I rolled onto my side only to meet Baekhyun's closed eyes and wide open mouth much too close to mine. He wasn't snoring, but oh my did he have the worst morning breath. I didn't expect it, he was a prince! You just expect them to always have minty fresh breath. However, this prince had the breath of a troll and maybe worse. 

I placed my index finger under his chin and lifted his bottom jaw to his top jaw. His lips were dry and slowly they were placed together. I don't know what I was thinking, but I just stared at them. Simply stared at his lips. They were so pale and looked so soft and kissable.

Wait, did I seriously just think that? What's wrong with me?

I had to admit though, he did look perfect laying there. His hair was all messed up and his cheeks had a rosey tint to them. He looked so innocent and natural. He was adorable sometimes and I couldn't deny it.

I turned my head to the door in confusion as I could hear an intense conversation going on outside the door. I couldn't quite make out what they was saying, but I could hear that they was getting closer.

"Aish... What's going on outside?" Baekhyun yawned.

I turned my head and looked at him, now awake and with the absolute worst bed-hair. He was such a dork.

"I don't know... But with all this space in the bed don't you think you could've slept a little further away from me last night?" I scoffed.

"Sorry Chan, I guess I just couldn't keep myself away from you." He smirked with a wink. I groaned and looked back at the door not giving him my attention. I couldn't be bothered with his flirting this early in the morning. I almost forgot how annoying he was.

"You know... I had the weirdest dream-"

"Okay, I don't care if you had a dream about us going hard at it on this very bed or if you had a dream about making out with me in the middle of the pouring rain! I don't-"

"Shh!" Baekhyun placed a finger on my lips and that's when I heard the people outside the door.

"Madam please! The prince... He told me that-"

"He's my son not your son Yoon-A! Now let me see him!"

"Uh, he said that... He said he doesn't want to be disturbed! You know how teenage boy's are, they always want to sleep in!" Yoon-A was obviously making up excuses to keep his mother out of the room. She didn't seem like she was convincing her. . She was going to walk in.

That's when the door bust open.

Thankfully, it was Chaelin, If I remembered her name correctly.

"Quickly! Hide! She's coming!" She hurriedly lifted the cover and pulled me out of the bed.

"Your majesty please! He told me not to-" His mother was getting closer and before I knew it I was being floored and rolled under the bed. The cold floor was a shock from being in the warm bed. But it was better than being caught in bed with the Queen's son.

I was hidden just in time as his mother stormed in. Baekhyun was stood up on the other side of the bed and I could see that the only people in the room were his mother, Baekhyun, Chaelin, Yoon-A and another unknown maid.

"What are you all hiding?!" His mother boomed.

"Aish, Mom! Why did you wake me? I asked them to let me lay in." Baekhyun was a very convincing actor. It made me feel uneasy. If he was this good at lying, then how could I ever trust him fully? 

"That's not for you to decide. You're the prince, you have certain expectations to live up to Baekhyun and being up early is one of them! You aren't a regular teenager Baekhyun, you are royal! You are a respected young man and you better start behaving like one! This kingdom will be passed on to you and we expect you to do well, but how are you supposed to do so when you cannot even wake up at a reasonable time?!" His mother ranted. She was such a posh snob. I remember how rude she was from the last time I was here. 

"Mom please, I've heard you say that about a billion times before and honestly I don't care to hear it again now what do you want?" I could see Baekhyun walk around the bed and over to the window seat. He lifted the seat up revealing the hidden compartment. I couldn't quite see what he was getting out, but I guessed it was just clothes.

"There's going to be a dinner party tonight. I expect you to be on there on time since there are going to be maybe 3 or 4 suitor's along with their parent's so you must make an impression. Be on your best behaviour and don't wear any of those silly street clothes you think make you look cool. You look like a Dhamphir when you dress like that, it's embarrasing." She emphasised on the word Dhamphir. She was so rude. If only she knew that all of her maid's were Dhamphir's. How stupid of her.

"It's not embarrasing mom, it's better than those ty rich boy clothes you try to dress me in. I look like a-"

"Hush! Your style of clothing is bearly spectacular Baekhyun, and you know it. Dropping the subject of fashion, you can bring along a friend to keep you company at the party tonight. Maybe you could give Prince Jung Daehyun a call. He is such a polite boy. You and him have alway's got on ever since you was young." His mother suggested. 

"I'm not calling Daehyun! Not after last time when he tried to hit on me." He scoffed.

I could just about see his mom cross her arms. She was probably giving him a real bad dirty look or something.

"I don't care what you say he tried to flirt with me that day and there is no way I'm ever going near him again. I'll call someone else okay." He sounded like a child about to have a tantrum. He seemed really pissed off that this Daehyun guy had hit on him. So why does he not feel weird about flirting with me? He confuses me sometimes.

"Okay. Fine. It doesn't matter. Just make sure you're there. Yoon-A, prepare his outfit. Chaelin, make sure he is there on time and YiFei, make sure he is properly groomed and is as spotless as possible." His mother her heel and was just about to walk through the door.

"And if I do find out that you were all hiding anything from me, I will not think twice about dismissing your work here. And for you Baekhyun..." She paused. What would be his punishment?

"You remember what happened last time you hid something from me. I will punish you in the same way again without hesitation." She slammed the door behind her and you could literally feel the tension rise out of the room. 

"Can I come out now?" I asked.

I heard Chaelin sigh with relief as I crawled out from under the bed. I looked over at the new maid and smiled at her. She looked very young and innocent because of her dark doe-eyes and porcelain like skin. She had thick black hair that reached right down to her hips and her body was a very slim frame.

"Whoa Baekhyun. You never told me about this Dhamphir! He's so tall!" She smiled as she walked closer to me.

"Yes he did! This is the one he was fretting about for the past week." Chaelin chuckled.

"I was not fretting!" Baekhyun sulked. They took no notice though.

"Ah! This one! God, he really is fond of you! When he went out with you that night at the mall he just wouldn't stop blabbering on about you. It was tiring us out! I'd never seen a boy go so crazy over a cru-"

"YiFei! Don't!" Baekhyun stood up and glared at her.

She looked confused and looked over at Chaelin and Yoon-A who was busy tidying up Baekhyun's bed.

"He hasn't asked yet." Yoon-A tried to whisper. Asked me what? I was so confused.

"Guys! Seriously! You have to learn to keep your mouth's shut sometimes." He said full of attitude. Why was they hiding something from me? It was making me feel uncomfortable and I hated it. Baekhyun opened the closet door in his room and revealed that it was infact a walk-in wardrobe. His room was actually the coolest. He picked out some clothes and closed the door to get changed. I was left in his room with the maid's who were tidying up his room and just going about their business. It stayed silent for a minute and the awkwardness was getting to me. I had to say something. Anything.

"Um... So... YiFei... What's your power?" I asked. I prayed that I wasn't dreaming about mine and Baekhyun's conversation last night. Otherwise I would've sounded crazy. 

"I inherit invisibility." She smiled.

Invisibility? That was a cool power. That would probably be the kind of power I would want. I mean, once I find out what my power is...

"Whoa... That's cool." I smiled at her.

"It's not cool when she sneaks into your room to steal your snacks." Baekhyun glared at YiFei as he walked out of the wardrobe.

"That was one time! I was hungry okay, don't be so greedy!" She pouted and stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun. She was cute, but she also striked me as the kind of girl to kick your if you messed with her. 

Baekhyun smirked at her and poked his tongue out in return. He then turned and looked at me smiling. He was wearing a pair of light blue jeans that were slightly rolled up around the ankles and a white button up shirt. He wore a tan belt along with a pair of light tan coloured vans. He was dressed like a human would in the spring. It wasn't quite the outfit a vampire would wear in my opinion.

"What on earth are you wearing? Your style just gets more and more crazy everyday doesn't it?" Chaelin laughed as she rolled up the blackout curtain to reveal the dark and gloomy morning sky.

"Chaelin, please. You know I have great fashion sense. The vampire world just isn't ready for all the fabulousness yet." He flipped his hair pretending to be sassy. He never took anything serious did he?

"Here." YiFei tapped my shoulder making me jump. She passed me a pile of clothes and smiled gently at me before walking off to help the other maids.

"Go get changed. We're gonna go out. I'm hungry as hell. And we still need to talk." Baekhyun told me as he sat infront of a mirror fixing his hair. 

I didn't reply. I simply chuckled lightly at the weird faces he was making in the mirror subconciously. I opened the wardrobe door and stepped inside to change. The maid's had given me a white shirt and charcoal grey jumper to wear over it. They had also given me navy skinny jeans and dark grey hi-tops. The material of the shirt felt rich and was obviously expensive. I was just about to slip on the shoes when I heard my name through the other side of the door. I paused and pressed my ear up against the door.

"Why haven't you asked him yet Baek? You two are perfect." I heard YiFei say.

"It's just not the right time. I was going to tell him last week but obviously those s had to go ruin it. He looked so scared and he hated me. But I think he's forgiven me. I really wanted my clairvoyant power would kick in and tell me what he was thinking, but obviously my powers never work when I want them to. God, He probably think's I'm such a freak. He'll never say yes." Baekhyun answered. Say yes to what? 

"You're not a freak Baek. You even said that he told you your power was the best. He doesn't think that about you. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I'm sure he has forgiven you." Chaelin was trying to comfort him. Why was he so nervous that I would think he was a freak? I was telling the truth last night. I do forgive him. I like him again. 

That's when I remembered what he said last night before I fell asleep. 'You're the first person to love me.' I didn't love him. Well, I liked him ofcourse. But I'm not in-love with him. He isn't even gay. Why would it matter to him if I actually did love him or not?

"I just... I've never felt this way about a boy before... He's... He's different. His innocence hasn't fallen one bit since we met when we was like 5. He isn't like any other vampire I've ever met before. He has such different views and he is so adamant about his beliefs. He is just... Perfect. But I'm pretty sure he think's I'm an , which is why today I'm gonna tell him the truth about everything and then maybe I can esrn his trust. I know how important trust is to him." That was true. I did need to trust him. And thankfully I now know that today he is going to tell the absolute truth. 

"So once you earn his trust that's when you're gonna ask him to be with you?" Yoon-A asked. Be with him? Like... As friends? Surely not as a couple.

"Yeah... Hopefully he says yes. I really do love him, you know. I really wanna be with him." 

... Love... Him? He... Loves me? No way. How did I not piece this together? God, I'm so stupid. He's gay? He must be keeping it a secet. Otherwise why would they be govong him female suitor's? Oh God. That's why he hasn't picked one yet. Oh my, How did I not figure this out sooner! Surely this isn't acceptable. Why would he want to date me when he has to marry a princess? Why would he want to date me period!

"Oh goody! Oh Baekhyun it's going to be just wonderful! I want to be the flowergirl at your wedding! Dibs!" YiFei was obviously beaming. It still wasn't sinking in for me. I still couldn't believe it. I felt like I was apart of some kind of TV drama.

I stepped away from the door trying to get his words through my head. What was I gonna do? I'd never had somebody love me before. Heck, I'd never had a friend like him before. I never got close to anyone, I was always a loner. He could get in so much if someone found out about this. It wouldn't last surely. I took a deep breath in and slipped on the shoes.

I held onto the door nob and stood there for a while. I slowly opened the door and tried not to act like I knew anything. Baekhyun was sitting on the bed along with Chaelin who was nudging him. Obviously I knew why now. He smiled at me and stood up.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Uh... Yeah. Where are we going?" I looked down at the floor. I felt really awkward.

"Anywhere. And I was hoping that you might be free tonight? I still need someone to come along with me to the dinner?" He asked.

"Uh... Yeah... Ofcourse I'll go..." I mumbled a little, smiling.

"Cool. C'mon, let's go." He was putting on that cold and cool guy demeanor, little did he know. 

"Um... Cool... Wait, how am I going to get out of here? Last time was way too risky." I said.

"We'll go distract your parent's, you guy's leg it." Yoon-A said. The maid's all walked towards the door and made their way out. Baekhyun turned to me and smiled.

"Get ready to run." He said. I looked towards the door and I could hear YiFei and Chaelin talking to random people, obviously they were keeping them away from us. That's when Yoon-A looked at us from the down the coridoor and gave us a signal to run. Before I knew it Baekhyun had grabbed onto my hand and we were running through the coridoor and down the stairs. I'm suprised we didn't trip! We made it to the door and that's when Baekhyun called out, "Mom! I'm going out! I'll be home for dinner!" 

I seemed like his mother was just about to scold him, but thankfully we made it out in time. We didn't stop running until we reached the gate that surrounded the palace. 

"We made it." He sighed catching his breath. I took in sharp breaths and turned to look at him. The air was chilly and made our breaths turn to smoke. He looked me in the eyes and that's when I could see it.

The innocence and love in his eyes.