Chapter 18

To Kill A Vampire

"Yah! Yuri! Open up!" Baekhyun called up to one of the large windows.

"How are you so calm? We almost got killed back there." I huffed.

"You almost got us killed back there." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at the immature boy. A young woman soon opened the window. She looked around 25 and wore the same outfit as Yoon-A did. She must have been another maid. 

"Baekhyun! Where the heavens have you been?! The suns coming up! Get your in here!" She scolded him.

"Then throw down the rope! I'm not stupid enough to use the front door." He replied.

"Who's this punk?" She said looking at me suspiciously.

"He's not like that. He's a Dhamphir, and I need to talk some things out with him." He said fading off at the end. He did seem genuine about making it up to me, but I was still weary of him. 

"Ugh, your mother won't be too pleased if she finds out about this..." 

"I know, I know Yuri. I'm not stupid."

She gave him a serious look before giving up and disappearing from the window. Baekhyun turned and looked at me letting out a deep sigh. He scratched the back of his head and ran his fingers through his hair. He had this charm to him and I just couldn't keep myself from it. 

Seconds later, Yuri let down a rope through the window. Baekhyun stepped forward and clung onto the rope. He turned at looked at me as if to wonder.

"I'm going home." I said plainly.

"Don't be like that."

"I'll be however I want, you don't own me."

"I just want to apologize. These last few days... I've really... Missed you. And I felt so bad, and I think I have some explaining to do..." He muttered.

He missed me? That was honestly a suprise. He was never the kind of guy who I thought would feel those kind of emotions, he was always so laid back. And it's true. He did have alot of explaining to do. I had about a billion questions on my mind and although I was going against myself by talking to him, I knew I sort of had to.

He held his hand out and looked deep into my eyes. I sighed and unwillingly put my hand on his. I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye. That smug little .

He pulled himself up the rope and it didn't take a genius to realise that had done this many times before. Me on the other hand, was clueless. I took hold of the rope and rested my left foot against the wall. I used all of my strength to try and drag myself up, but ofcourse, I couldn't. I just had to embarrass myself didn't I. 

"I can't." I admitted. I heard Baekhyun snicker from the window. This wasn't funny. I felt my cheeks burn red.

"It's obvious you don't get out much. Come on, hold on tight to the rope and I'll help you." He said. 

I didn't have a clue how he was going to help, but I went with it anyway. I held onto the rope as I felt it being pulled up. I supported my legs on the wall and started to climb up with the assistance. I slowly got up to the window and there Baekhyun was smiling at me sarcastically. 

"Ha... Idiot." I heard him mumble. I let it slip, since he was right in this situation.

"Come on." He said. He held his arm out and I grabbed onto it. Honestly, I was crapping my pants. I didn't want to fall and die. Luckily, Baekhyun held onto me and helped me through the window. I landed on the floor and looked around. 

The room was a medium size, maybe the size of my living room. Baekhyun and about 6 women wearing maid outfits were standing there and staring at me. I sprung to me feet and cleared my throat.

"This is Chanyeol. The one I um... Mentioned. He's gonna stay the night, so ladies please keep my parents away from my room." Baekhyun introduced me.

"Wait, what? I never said I was gonna stay the-"

"Oh goody! This is the boy!" And before I knew it, all the maids were rushing over to me and treating me like some kind of child.

"He really is cute!"

"He's so tall!"

"How old are you?"

"I've never seen such a good-looking guy!"

"Baekhyun really has got an eye for them hasn't he!" 

"This is wonderful!" 

All the maids just kept blabbering on and honestly I felt uncomfortable when a few of them started touching my hair and pinching my face. 

"Ladies! Ladies please, hands off of him. He's not used to any of this." Baekhyun said breaking through them.

"Baekhyun! You described him so well! He's just how I imagined he would look!" One of them piped up. The others nodded their head in agreement.

"Sandara, please. Hands off, you have a boyfriend." Baekhyun snickered at her.

"Ooh, jealous boyfriend?" One of them said making all of them laugh.

"Dasom!... He's not my..." I heard some of the maid's snicker at him and raise their eyebrows. This was making me feel really weirded out.

"Okay, okay. We're sorry. You're parents are asleep and you should be too! Hurry quietly and get to bed! You keep doing this Baekhyun, you're gonna end up dead or get burnt to a crisp by the freaking sun!" Another maid said shoving us both towards the door.

"Okay Chaelin! Jheeze, you sound like my mother." He scoffed opening the door and closing it behind us. We had entered a large hallway with dark walls and oak wooden flooring. He turned to me and told me to keep it down until we got to his room. We walked down the halls which were filled with family pictures. We were just about to turn a corner when one picture caught my eyes.

It was in a small circle frame and was nailed strongly to the wall. It was a picture of a young boy and an older looking man. They were in a park or simply just a green area. The old man was holding the little boy on his shoulders and they both seemed so happy. It just reminded me of how me and my father used to be... This night was bringing back alot of memories of him.

"August 18th 1995. I was four years old and that's picture holds one of my earliest memories I have. It was probably the happiest day of my childhood. That's my Gramp's. He died a month later. Stabbed in the heart by a Dhamphir." He said simply. 

Oh... That's awkward. Dhamphir standing here and all. Dropping that subject, Baekhyun was one of the cutest children I had ever seen. It just sent all the memories of the night we met right back to me. 

"C'mon, I'll fry if the sun comes up." Baekhyun smiled at me. It seemed as if he was trying to lighten the mood. He must have sensed how I felt when he mentioned the death of his Grandad from a Dhamphir.

We walked past a room and I stopped once again. It was the room I had woken up in the other day, wasn't this Baekhyun's room?

"Hey... So, what's this room actually for? I thought it was your room?"

"That's the spare room. Guests usually stay there, It's not my style at all. My room is better." Baekhyun smirked. 

Once we finally did make it to his room, I discovered that his room wasn't just better. It was phenomenal. 

The walls were painted a pale green and the dado rails and skirting boards were an immaculate white. The thick curtains were also white, along with the bedsheets, lampshades and ceiling. He had a huge window on the opposite wall that had a built in window seat. I've always wanted one of those. The bed wasn't extravagent, although it was about the size of two king sized beds put together. It just didn't look like a bed you would find in a palace. It was more the kind of bed simply a rich person would own. He had shelves filled with hundreds of books, I would've bet money that he has never even laid a finger of a book. There was so much room to just walk about, it was really spacious and it had a sense of freedom to it as weird as that might sound. It was nothing like the rest of the house at all. I didn't think I could spot one shade of red, black or gold. 

"Whoa... This really is cool." I muttered.

I took the liberty of plonking myself down on his bed and oh my was it comfy.

"Oh my god... What the heck is that made out of? This is so comfy!" I sprawled myself out and it felt like I was in heaven.

"It's just a bed, Chan." He laughed slipping his coat onto a hanger and putting it into a built in closet.

Chan? Was that my new nickname? It almost made me smile. Almost. I hadn't forgotten anything. I needed answers, just like he said he would give me.

"Anyway, beds and cool rooms set aside, I have some questions. And don't you dare  think that after you answer me I'm going to forgive you because honestly I still hate you." I crossed my arms and stood up infront of him.

His face seemed to drop. He looked down at the floor and had a look on his face that showed a hint of disappointment.

"You actually hate me?"

"Ofcourse I do. The only violence I have ever seen is from video games and the night my parents... Ya know. I didn't expect someone I actually started to bond with to brutally attack my neighbours."

"They tried to humiliate you! Don't you think I was doing you a favour?!" He shouted in a whisper. I could see the frustration in his eyes yet he knew he couldn't let it all out incase he alarmed his parents.

"I wouldn't matter if they had tried to murder me! An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." I simply said letting the confident side of me take over.

He paused. He let out a groaned and rubbed his temples. 

"Aish, you're so goddamn stubborn. Okay, fine. I was wrong. I should've just told them to leave. But I know them better than you. They are the kind of guys that would've literally tortured us. They aren't right in the head. I was one of them, I should know. I never realised just how sick they were... until I met you." 

He said it all so fast I almost couldn't keep up. Was he trying to say that I was the one who changed him? Was I flattered? No. Was I confused? Very much.

"Until you met me?" 

I looked him deep in the eyes, 
He seemed to have a thousand words inside of him, but he was obviously struggling to put them into sentences. 

He sighed, looking down at the floor. He put his hand on my shoulder and made me sit back down on the bed. He walked over to the window and dragged down a hidden black curtain, obviously to block out the sun. He then walked over to a couple of his drawers and pulled out some pyjamas.

"You're gonna need some clothes for the morning. I'll get Yoon-A to fetch you some clothes."

"I'm not staying-"

"Yes you are."

I didn't say anything. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Don't turn around for a second, I'm getting changed."

I turned my body completely around to face the door. I heard him shuffle out of his clothes and strangely, I was embarrased. I know I wasn't looking at him, but the fact that I knew he was basically in the same room as me made me feel a bit awkward. I'd never seen a boy before. I knew I was gay since I was young. When I was in middleschool I had a huge crush on this one boy, Xiumin. He was very cute, but he was alot older than me. Unfortunately, he was a Strigoi and ofcourse, it wouldn't have ever worked. 

Dropping that subject, Baekhyun finally got changed and I could see that he was in his pyjamas. He looked really good in them if I was honest. He was wearing dark grey, knee length shorts and a baggy white tank-top. You could see his pale and well sculpted arms. His legs weren't skinny yet they weren't too muscular, they looked really smooth suprisingly. His neck was exposed and all I could notice was his collar bones and jawline. They were so prominent and I couldn't take my view away from them.

"So, are we going to carry on our conversation with you staring at my body." He snickered as he sat down on the bed next to me.

"I wasn't looking." I snapped my neck away and stared at the floor. I'm so stupid.

"You can look you know... I don't mind. I know you're into guys and all." 

My eyes widened. He seriously had no shame. I looked at him and he had that annoying smirk swiped across his face. It was so hot, yet so damn frustrating. 

"That's so... Ugh." 

"So what?"

"So... You."

"And what am I?" He raised his eyebrow and held a cheeky smile.

"You... Are a cocky son-of-a-." 

"Language." He mocked me.

I rolled my eyes in defeat. He really was this stupid wasn't he? He actually doesn't know how upset I am with him.

He stretched his arms out and yawned. He rolled over a little onto the other side of the bed and layed down. He propped his head up with his right arm and looked at me with those dreamy eyes of his.

"So... What do you wanna know?"