Chapter 34

To Kill A Vampire

Two weeks later and I was right, things were only getting worse. I had been seeing less and less of Baekhyun. Even less that before. He's trying his best to try and spend time with me, but he only ever gets the chance at night for a short period of time or extremely early in the morning. He's become so tired and run-down. His eyes are growing darker and I could swear that his hair was getting thinner from the stress. I try my hardest to convince him that he doesn't have to see me everyday, I don't want him to ware himself out, but his stubbornness stops him from listening to me. 

He had sneaked in real early into my house this morning and made sure not to wake me. He left a note on my sideboard and telling me to meet him at the park. Heck knows why, or how he even has the time to actually come out and meet me.

The streets felt empty, and as I got to the park it wasn't much different either. Infact, it was even more secluded. I look around, the harsh winds flowing straight at me from every direction. All the benches were empty and there wasn't a soul to be seen. The trees from the nearby forest were rustling as the fast breeze ran through their leaves. The thick grass waved rapidly in the distance by the small river. Where was Baekhyun? He was supposed to meet me here.

The shatter of glass behind me made me jump out of my skin and almost fall back from how fast I spun around. A broken glass bottle laid in front of me. I looked up, in hopes of finding the source. In the far distance, I could see a pale figure standing between the forest trees. 

I slowly got up onto my feet, squinting my eyes trying to figure out who the person was.  They walked back a little and began to make hand gestures telling me to come closer. I took the chance and started making my way closer and closer to the far away forest. The figure began to move further and further into the forest. My legs moved faster and faster trying to catch up. Soon enough leaves were crunching under my feet and I was zooming in and out of the thick tree trunks.

A got a little further until I was shoved to the ground. I rolled over and scuttled back quickly. It was just Baekhyun.

"Gosh! You scared me! Was this really necessary? You could have just-" 

"Sh! Chan they're after me." He said hurriedly. His eyes were bloodshot and he was more pale than I had ever seen him. He was up quickly and swiftly slipping his hands under my arms bringing me to my feet. He was shaky and was all over the place. I noticed that he was carrying a big rucksack.

"Baek... Who's after you?" 

"Everyone." He breathed out bluntly, he grabbed my arm and started dragging me around the forest. He ran fast, and I was shortly behind him. I had no idea what was going on, but I could've sworn that whenever I looked into the distance the woods was just growing darker and darker.

"Wait, Baekhyun. Slow it down. What's going on? Why are they after you?" I demanded, pulling my arm back and stopping him abruptly. He spun around out of breath and continued to look frantically left, right and everywhere. He was like a mad animal. 

"You have to stay quiet or they'll get me and maybe even get you too." He said coming close to me and holding my forearms tightly.

"I killed her." 

I looked at him confused.

"Mi, The suitor. I killed her."

My breathing stopped. I couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth.

"She tried to have with me. So I bit her. I made a quick escape. But now the guards are after me. So we gotta run." He turned around and was about to start running.

"Where are we going?" I asked.


"The human world."