Chapter 33

To Kill A Vampire

"Things are only gonna get worse Baek." I groaned. I layed back on his bed and swept my palms over my face and through my hair, stressed out to the max. 

"Chan! Stop being so pessimistic!" Baekhyun said. He walked around his bed and sat down next to me. He swung his feet up on top of the pillows and rested his head on my stomach.

"No! Baek! Don't you understand?" I started, sitting up and moving his head onto my lap. "You're gonna have to marry her and then we're gonna have to break up!" 

"Listen, we don't have to break up! She doesn't have to know that we're together!" He faught back.

"No! Don't you realise that once you're married to her you're gonna have to go to parties with her and you're gonna have to eat meals with her and you're gonna have to go places with her and you're gonna have to sleep in the same bed as-" I abruptly stopped. I groaned in frustration and layed back down again. "I don't even wanna think about you and another woman in bed together..." 

"What are you even saying?!" He said sitting up. "What? Do you think I'm gonna have with her?! You think I'm gonna sleep with someone other than you?! Do you think I'm crazy?!" He said. He then laid back down on my stomach. He was right, but how the heck was he going to avoid sleeping with her if they were married? I didn't want to think about it, I put the thought aside and went onto another topic.

"Okay, but do you really think we're gonna get any time to ourselves? Like I said, you and her are going to have to spend every hour of everyday together. You're not gonna be able to see me and I won't be able to sneak in here and see you anymore." I said.

He sighed and didn't say anything for a moment. He was the one who was trying to look on the hopeful side of this situation, but he couldn't deny that I was right. I barely get to see him now when he is with her, how am I ever gonna see him when he's married to her?

"... We might aswell break up..." I mumbled.

Baekhyun slowly sat back up, almost looking a little hurt. He shuffled closer to where my head lay and sat cross legged beside me. 

"Give me your hand." He ordered. 

I lifted up my hand and held it infront of him. He took my hand in his palms and placed a gentle kiss on the back. He took ahold of my ring finger and held my wedding ring between his thumb and index finger.

"You see this ring? I gave you this. I married you. And I did it for a reason. I did it because I love you. I'm madly in love with you and I'm not gonna stop being in love with you until the day we die. And I gave you this ring as a promise. A promise that my heart will only ever be for you. I made a promise that I would only ever love you. And I'm gonna keep that promise. Not because I have to, because I want to. And no suitor or arranged marraige is ever gonna stop me from keeping that promise. I love you." 

His warm hands held tightly onto mine. He looked so sincere and I don't think he had ever been this serious for so long. I almost felt like crying at how romantic and emotional he sounded, but then I remembered why he had said it. 

I guess my depressing personality had been triggered on once again. I didn't like this side of me, ever since I remembered that I could actually be an optimistic person. But it just feels like a black cloud that follows me around whenever I do get taken over by it. 

"Let's just sleep. I don't wanna talk about it anymore. I wanna savour these little moments I have left with you. Hopefully, when I wake up this will all just be a dream." I sighed getting up and pulling open the covers, getting underneath them and tucking my legs up close to my chest.

Baekhyun reached over and turned off the lamp beside the bed, shortly getting into bed aswell. He rolled close to me and wrapped his arms around my neck, holding me as if he was comforting me. He burried his face in my hair and left a gentle kiss on me.

"Your hair is tickling my nose." He whispered in a laugh.

I rolled over and out of his arms. I was way too depressed to even play these silly romantic games. I just wanted to sleep things off. I didn't want to dig a deeper hole for myself, It'd only make me feel even more upset that soon enough, he won't be mine anymore...

"Goodnight..." He said. I didn't reply. He rolled over and left a big gap between us in the bed.

"I'll always love you, Chan..." 

_____________________________________________


Sorry for the slow updates and the very short chapter, this is just to help me get to the next part of the story. School has been hectic these last few weeks and I have started my work experience recently, so usually when I get home I am so tired that I end up falling asleep. I'm sorry guys TT.TT
Have a good day!