Chapter 32

To Kill A Vampire

I ran through the large green area around the palace, trying to avoid any of the guards. I made it to the back of the palace and saw that YiFei was already waiting at the back window for me. As soon as I got close enough she swung open the windows and started pulling down the rope. I took a grip of it and climbed up swiftly making it into the palace. I had gotten used to doong this without Baekhyun's assistance over the last 6 months. 

"Baekhyun told us what happened." She started, "He needed to be here for a meeting. He was two hours late and so the guard's went out looking for him. Heaven knows how they found you." She explained.

"Someone spotted Baekhyun on the street, they told the guard's they had seen him near my block and they roamed the whole building looking for him. I think I drew them away though, I think they bought my lie." I said finally catching my breath.

"Where's Baekhyun?" I asked. 

She stayed silent and bit her lip. I sighed, understanding where he was. 

He was with the suitor. This suitor is different to the rest, he can't get rid of her. The average suitor has stayed with him for about a week. This girl has been having meeting's with him for 3 months. Her name is Mi Ninah, and I think his mother has made her decision on who his suitor will be...

"... I'm sor-"

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. I just miss him..." I said. 

We stood there in silence for a while, both knowing full well that thing's were going way too far with them. Neither of us said it, but we both knew it. I wasn't worried at all when he first went to meet her. I thought he would do his usual trick and convert her away, but it obviously didn't work. Although it was times like these when my insecurities got the better of me. My insecure mind takes over and I end up convincing myself that maybe he did it on purpous, maybe I was just a phase, maybe he really did want to be with her. No, he couldn't have. We're married. He is my husband. He loves me. Doesn't he?

After a painfully awkward few moments in the small room with YiFei passed I decided to break the silence.

"Will he be finished soon?" 

"Yeah... Yeah, He'll be out soon..." She said, sounding just as nervous as me. I nodded and walked towards the door. I peeked out of it, made sure the coast was clear, and then ran as fast as I could down the coridoor to Baekhyun's room. 

I got in and shut the door quietly behind me. I turned and walked towards the walk-in closet. The closet had become like a second home to me ever since the suitor stepped in. When ever I come here now he is always busy with her, therefore I'm always hiding in here.

I sat down in my regular spot which was just behind a rack of clothes and burried under a pile of shoe boxes. You couldn't see me in here if anyone was to walk in. I tucked my legs close to my chest and lean't my head against the wall. I sat there in silence, hoping that any minute now Baekhyun would burst through the door sit by my side.

My hand reached up to the sleeve of one of his jumpers that was hanging from the shelf above me. I picked at the fabrics, pulling of tiny bits of wool. At one point I grabbed to hard and the whole thing came tumbling over me, the scent of him that it held almost strangeling me. 

I held it close to me and let the warmth of the thick fabric smother me. I missed him so damn much. This morning when we was on the sofa I felt so happy, I seemed to forget about how much I had missed him over the last 5 months up until the guards stormed in. Sometimes I wish he was just an ordinary guy, then we wouldn't have to be so secretive. We could be whoever we wanted and we could spend as much time together as we wanted. Everything would be so much easier. Everything would be perfect.

I heard the closet door click open which immediatly kicked me out of my thoughts. I peeked through the clothes and saw that it was only two of the maids.

"Jesus, how many shirts does he wear within a day?! I love the kid, but oh my does he loves his clothes." One of them complained.

"I know, how can he wear so many clothes that both of us have to work together to take only his shirts to his closet. Don't forget that we still have to go back to the laundry room for his jeans. We'll be here all night." The other laughed. I watched them start to hang up his clothes and place them in order. It would have been fine for me to tell them I was here, but I just didn't. I didn't alert them at all. And God, how I wish I did.

"I do feel sorry for his boyfriend though, how is he gonna tell him?" One said.

"Boyfriend? They got married! Not legally, but you haven't been here as long as me. He's been with him for almost half a year! The poor guy will probably die when he finds out." 

Tell me what? What was going on? Had Baekhyun been keeping something from me?

"Oh no, they're married? That's terrible. Hasn't Baekhyun told him yet?" 

"Where do you think Baekhyun is now? They're only telling him today! He's in a meeting right now arranging the wedding." 

My mouth dropped open. They were getting married? It felt as if my heart had been ripped out. My eyes became glassy and my throat started to choke up. Surely they couldn't go through with this. Baekhyun had to have stopped them. 

"That's horrid. How long is it until the wedding?" 

"It's in a month." 

A month?! I only have a month left?! We have to stop this. He needs to convince his parent's out of it. If he marry's her we'll have to break up. I covered my mouth, my breathing hitching in places. I couldn't stop the tears from falling violently down my face. Things had gone from bad to worse. What was the point of even being here if it's all going to be over soon?

"C'mon, we gotta go and get the rest of the clothes." 

They both finished their work and left the closet, leaving me to collapse in my place on the floor and to sob my heart out. My body scrunched up, making it look as if I was in physical pain, which could be because of the aching pain in my heart. I cried loudly and didn't try to hold anything back. 

"Why?... W-why?... Why?!" I screamed weakly inbetween my cries. Everything went blurry and my voice started to break. My body felt tense and my hands clenched onto my clothes. Everything hurt.

I heard the door click open and I sat up quickly, my eyes filled with tears and my face flushed from crying. There was Baekhyun standing at the door looking depressed and apologetic.

"... You know?" He asked, his voice soft and deep.

I could barely even nod, I just let out another sob and let my head fall into my palms. Baekhyun sat down infront of me on the floor and held me close, my head burried into his chest and his chin resting on top of my head.

"It's gonna be okay Baby, don't cry. It's gonna be okay, we're gonna stay together forever. We gonna be okay. Don't worry, we'll be okay." He kept repeating those words over and over, whispering them into my ear and placing firm kisses on my cheeks. 

Nothing he said could stop me from crying. My world had shattered within a few minutes, and all I could think about was how things were only gonna get worse.

He held me close, 
Both of our hearts beating in agony,
And our lips that were made for love slurring words of heartbreak.